post #301 of 349 Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Is there any in-game benefits for playing on hard difficulty (more EX, for example), or is it only to balance the challenge and get higher-ranking achievements?

I haven't done my hard playthrough yet, but the AI of the enemies is supposed to change. In normal, if they start an attack and you deal a crit blow, it will interrupt them and they have a recovery time. In hard, they have a chance of pulling through and continuing, or starting another attack. Also, the groups of enemies are supposed to work better together.

Dustin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 349 Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post

Thing to remember: for the achievement you have to HARVEST 10 of each ingredient, not just have 10 of each in your inventory. Ingredients you bought or obtained from loot do NOT count towards the achievement.

Thanks. I'll look at the list against my inventory and see what shakes out. The annoying thing is that I have at least 40 of everything, and to find out I completely missed an item would be surprising. I focused on Prismere Dust based on other posts but that wasn't it.

I finished Dungeon Siege 3 today, and since I apparently forgot to pay Amazon enough for decent delivery I'll have a few extra days before ME3 arrives...

LIVE: mikepaul
post #303 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Waiting until level 35 to work on the 3rd step of the main quest definately puts you in the over powered category. I just threw out some traps, and it killed most enemies in the dungeon except for the ettins . I guess it is time I advanced that part and moved on, (especially since all I have left are tasks on the first continent).
post #304 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Waiting until level 35 to work on the 3rd step of the main quest definately puts you in the over powered category. I just threw out some traps, and it killed most enemies in the dungeon except for the ettins . I guess it is time I advanced that part and moved on, (especially since all I have left are tasks on the first continent).

Which part of the main quest are you on? I did the breaking siege quest and entered Klurikon around level 30. I'm currently at level 35 and grinding to 40 before I enter Alabastra to lock the zone at the highest level. I'm actually enjoying Klurikon and have found a lot of unique purple and gold set items. The ScourgeBane sword looks so cool! I've been switching between it and the Kellerac sword with fire enchantment. There is one gold armor set that I saw in a preview video that I would love to get too. Not sure the name of it though but it looks sweet!

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #305 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Which part of the main quest are you on? I did the breaking siege quest and entered Klurikon around level 30. I'm currently at level 35 and grinding to 40 before I enter Alabastra to lock the zone at the highest level. I'm actually enjoying Klurikon and have found a lot of unique purple and gold set items. The ScourgeBane sword looks so cool! I've been switching between it and the Kellerac sword with fire enchantment. There is one gold armor set that I saw in a preview video that I would love to get too. Not sure the name of it though but it looks sweet!

I just finished the Theature of Fate part...I believe it was the end of "Into the Light." I have finished all the quests I can find from Gohart to Adessa though .
post #306 of 349 Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

I just finished the Theature of Fate part...I believe it was the end of "Into the Light." I have finished all the quests I can find from Gohart to Adessa though .

Wow...yeah, you're a tad overpowered

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #307 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Wow...yeah, you're a tad overpowered

Heh, kinda finding that out now. Looks like my OCD got the best of me, (exploring the whole world, doing everything I came across). I am actually feeling a little bad for these Tuatha...they didn't stand a chance , (I one-shot the guy that was scrying on me ).
post #308 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A new Q&A for the DLC coming on the 20th:

Is the DLC 1 zone or a region with many zones? - By Jac_Solar

The region of Gallows End contains four distinct zones: Cape Solace, Scuttle Beach, the Jawbone, and the Northern Coast. These individual zones are smaller in size than the narrative zones found in Reckoningplaces like Odarath or Apotyrebut are packed with new content, from enemies to Lorestones, unique items to readable books. There's much to discover!

Are we going to see a Ken or Curt character in the DLC and if we don't could it be a possible idea in a future DLC? - By TheTerror25

Unfortunately, you will not be seeing Curt, Ken, or any of our other visionaries in The Legend of Dead Kel. Of course, nothing is off the table when it comes to future expansions and journeys into the world of Amalur. (Well, maybe some things are best left to late-night talk shows.)

Will any of the game's original main story characters be involved or have cameo's? It would be nice to see them again, especially those who can't be found anymore. - By Amaya2092

None of the main characters from Reckoning will make an appearance on Gallows End. The expansion focuses on the exploits of an entirely new cast of characters, including the brave seafarer Captain Rast Brattigan, the upstart huntress Nina Malloi, the island sage Quay, and Dead Kel himself, along with his crew of notorious Hanged Men.

Can you point out the general location of Gallow's end? Looking at the world map, it seems to be the island North of the Plains of Erathell and west of the obsidian isles. - By Koukin

That assessment is correct. Gallows End is located somewhere north of the Plains of Erathell, and west of the Obsidian Isle, which is the center of Dverga activity in the Frostbreak Sea. Of course, since the island is mysterious, and shrouded in an unexplained magic, its true location is difficult to chart. Isn't that always the case with mysterious islands?

Will we get to see actual Dverga in the DLC? - By Goatrek

The Dverga will not make an appearance in The Legend of Dead Kel, as they have abandoned the island for mysterious reasons. However, they did leave behind evidence of their time on Gallows End. The towering fortress of Gravehal Keep is the centerpiece of the island, and it features unique Dvergan architecture, buildings, and clutter, a gorgeous new art style that will be new to players of Reckoning.

Scattered around the environment are Dverga Fastings, a series of seaside tunnels constructed for the defense of the island, and as hidden shipbuilding workshops. And while the Dverga of Gallows End have left the island, their story is chronicled in a unique set of Lorestones written in a uniquely Dvergan style and performed by the inimitable actor Barry Dennen. In fact, the Dverga Lorestones are one of my favorite small pieces of the grand Gallows End mythos.

Does the new armor have a pirate theme? - By Anne_Summers

Most definitely. One of our favorite things to do here at Big Huge Games is to take a familiar theme and give it a unique twist. A number of the unique items in The Legend of Dead Kel will showcase a nautical theme. Whether it's plate armor made from the carapace of mysterious sea creature, or an ornate pirate's cutlass, our character artists jumped into the themes with great enthusiasm and crafted some incredible assets.

Some of the weapons and items might be similar to things that you've seen before, but I can guarantee that there will be a lot of conversation pieces. My personal favorite is the Spine, a huge hammer fashioned from a monstrous vertebrae.

About how many hours of gameplay does this add? - By Hypnosis

In our estimation, The Legend of Dead Kel adds more than ten hours of new content, and I would say that might even be a bit conservative. The expansion includes a new main quest, side quests, free-form quests, as well as a whole series of unique quests geared to the discovery and renovation of the vast Dverga keep of Gravehal. The Gravehal quests alone will keep you busy for a long time, exploring the island for ways to upgrade your estate, and for new castaways to recruit.

Is this going to be a level-increase area, or will we play through it all at lvl 40 (or whatever thereabouts we are when we beat the final boss)? - By Jazrial

Like much of the Reckoning world, the island of Gallows End has a particular level range, specifically level ten and up. The Legend of Dead Kel does not increase the level cap. However, it does feature some new enemies, and mini-boss characters, most of which are unique, and a pretty tough challenge, even for the most battle-hardened warrior.

Are there any new VA's (voice actors) for the DLC? - By TheTerror25

The Legend of Dead Kel features a host of new and veteran Reckoning voice actors, performing dialogue that was written and performed especially for this expansion. Some of these amazing actorsJim Cummings, Moira Quirk, Greg Ellis, and Kari Wahlgren, to name a fewreturned to us for a second visit to Amalur. Others made their inaugural voyage. The character of Captain Rast Brattigan was actress Jennifer Veal's first foray into video game voice acting, and she delivered a wonderfully memorable performance.
post #309 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Moira Quirk...from GUTS on Nickelodeon? I had such a crush on her when I was younger.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #310 of 349 Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That would be her. She also did some voice work in Skyrim . http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1190771/
post #311 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

5 more days until the DLC!
post #312 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Part 2 Q&A of the upcoming DLC:

The Legend of Dead Kel Q&A - Part 2
Here's Part 2 of our Q&A for The Legend of Dead Kel, based on your questions in this thread. All answers were provided by Lead Narrative Designer Andrew Auseon. Enjoy!

My question involves three of the factions: Warsworn, the Travelers and the Scholia Arcana. Will this new DLC have any new quests or content for these factions? These were my favorite quest lines in the game and I'm really hoping to revisit them in the future. Thanks. - By Towers76

None of the factions in Reckoning are involved in the events on Gallows End, although several of the characters you encounter have spent time in the Warsworn and the Travelers. There is one exception. The player estate of Gravehal Keep is considered a new, "soft" faction, and we support it with dialogue and quest UI in keeping with that of a traditional faction. We treated the Gravehal quests this way because they offer a variety of characters, gameplay, and rewards all within the context of the player house narrative

Will there be achievements for the DLC? If so, how many will there be, and what will be the total Gamerscore they're worth? - By FrankieGodskin

There are five unique achievements to be earned in The Legend of Dead Kel. These will be available on both Steam and Xbox Live. They total 150 points toward your Gamerscore.

My question is, how the questline starts. Will there be an automatic entry in the quest log or will it start through a NPC. - By Bfler

The quest line that brings you to the island of Gallows End is given automatically through the quest log, in the form of a formal call to arms from the Alfar Merchant Navy. They seek capable men and women to track and kill the notorious pirate Dead Kel and his crew of murderous Hanged Men. Of course, you will need to reach the city of Rathir before you can depart on your voyage, and then you'll need to locate a captain crazy enough to transport you to your destination.

Will the Varani race have more lore and storyline in this DLC? Since of course they are the sea dogs of Amalur and have the most ties to pirates. - By AzureNemos

As far as lore goes, the Dverga are the narrative focus of The Legend of Dead Kel. They are a race on the rise, expanding their influence across the seas and waterways of Amalur. Most of the Varani you meet in the expansion will be castaways, victims of shipwrecks and stranding. Their misfortune foreshadows things to come for these stalwart people. The Varani are expert sailors and rugged journeymen, but not even they are immune to the mysterious powers of Gallows End, or Amalur's turbulent seas of change.

CAN WE UNWEAVE THE FATE OF CHICKENS ON THIS CONTINENT? lol (I'm serious :P) - By p5yk0t1km1r4ge

Well, since any time the Fateless One kills something he's technically unweaving its fate, I'd have to say yes. You will probably be butchering beaucoup chickens. These deaths will not feature special fate-shift kill animations and effects, but they should be satisfying nonetheless. Actually, now that I think about it, the dominant species of "easily killable critter" on Gallows End is the crab. You will unweave the fate of many a beach crab, and you will love it.

Will there be a backup upgrade or maybe a separate stash at the estate? Thanks! - By RingX55

There is no increase in inventory storage in The Legend of Dead Kel. But like all player houses in Reckoning, Gravehal Keep will feature an inventory stash where you can drop your goodies. This stash will be persistent across the game so you can access your loot from other player houses. Whether you own a villa in Adessa or a fortress in the Caeled Coast, you'll be able to get what you need when you need it.

Am I be able to get all the DLC for the PC version of the game that I bought from the game retailers since I didn't made the purchase of the game from on Origin or Steam? - By StealthPhoenix

The Legend of Dead Kel will be available across all platforms. If you purchased a PC hard copy, or downloaded the game on EA's Origin service, you will be able to acquire it through Origin. If you're a Steam customer, it will be offered on Steam. And as expected, if you player Reckoning on console, you will be able to download your DLC via your console's marketplace.
post #313 of 349 Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
So, how does this fit into a completed game? Last I looked, I could replay the final battle, or load a save before that. How do I carry on after the final battle to play the DLC?...

LIVE: mikepaul
post #314 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

So, how does this fit into a completed game? Last I looked, I could replay the final battle, or load a save before that. How do I carry on after the final battle to play the DLC?...

The world is open after the final battle. You SHOULD be able to continue playing afterwards. As for how this works, when you buy the DLC, a letter shows up in your inventory and a quest in your log, saying that there is a bounty out on Dead Kel. You then go to Rathir and see if you can find a captain crazy enough to take you to his island.

I capitalized SHOULD as I have not yet completed the main quest. I think I am close, but not there yet. From all I hear on the boards, a new dungeon opens up after the main story is completed, (I think it is called the Prismere Dungeon). The dev's have always said the game is open world, and you should be able to do whatever you want after the main story line.

EDIT: I just looked online...after the main credits it takes you back into the world and lets you do whatever you want.

Dustin
post #315 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The world is open after the final battle. You SHOULD be able to continue playing afterwards. As for how this works, when you buy the DLC, a letter shows up in your inventory and a quest in your log, saying that there is a bounty out on Dead Kel. You then go to Rathir and see if you can find a captain crazy enough to take you to his island.

I capitalized SHOULD as I have not yet completed the main quest. I think I am close, but not there yet. From all I hear on the boards, a new dungeon opens up after the main story is completed, (I think it is called the Prismere Dungeon). The dev's have always said the game is open world, and you should be able to do whatever you want after the main story line.

EDIT: I just looked online...after the main credits it takes you back into the world and lets you do whatever you want.

Dustin

Did you wait until level 40 before entering Alabastra? I'm trying to grind the last level in Klurikon but it is getting tedious. I've exhausted all the quests in the area. Getting the castle was pretty cool, but I find my house in Webwood to be more convenient.

I've equipped all the gear I could find with experience bonuses to help speed things up. I need some more Prismere dust to make more experience potions. Made several Fate potions instead.

Looking forward to the DLC next week, but might not pick it up right away. Hopefully it will still be challenging for level 40 characters with some decent weapons/armor to be gained.

post #316 of 349 Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did you wait until level 40 before entering Alabastra? I'm trying to grind the last level in Klurikon but it is getting tedious. I've exhausted all the quests in the area. Getting the castle was pretty cool, but I find my house in Webwood to be more convenient.

I've equipped all the gear I could find with experience bonuses to help speed things up. I need some more Prismere dust to make more experience potions. Made several Fate potions instead.

Looking forward to the DLC next week, but might not pick it up right away. Hopefully it will still be challenging for level 40 characters with some decent weapons/armor to be gained.

Hit level 40 finishing up the House of Sorrows quest line. It was right before I stepped foot into Alabastra. Do you fast travel a lot? I tend to wander, so I get a lot more exp that way, even though I don't use exp potions. One tip is to make sure to fate shift kill big groups of baddies, or big baddies in general. The harder/more you kill in a fate shift, the more the exp bonus.

The DLC will lock into a level range around your character, so it should be challenging at 12 or 40, or anywhere in between.
post #317 of 349 Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The new DLC is now up on XBOX Live for 800 points. Great deal for all that it offers!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...fa14?cid=SLink
post #318 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The new DLC is now up on XBOX Live for 800 points. Great deal for all that it offers!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...fa14?cid=SLink

Any feedback on the new DLC?

I'm still wrapping up the main quest and will probably hold off on picking it up until I'm done with it. Of course with Witcher 2 coming out soon, I may need to save my money

post #319 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any feedback on the new DLC?

I'm still wrapping up the main quest and will probably hold off on picking it up until I'm done with it. Of course with Witcher 2 coming out soon, I may need to save my money

I put about 5 hours into it last night, and am enjoying it. The keep you can claim and upgrade is really cool, and there are some new baddies to beat on. The story line of Dead Kel is interesting, and if you are a lore junkie like me there are lots of books and a good amount of history for the island. There is a good amount of content for the 800 ms points they are charging.

Dustin
post #320 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:

I put about 5 hours into it last night, and am enjoying it.

Dustin...

Would you recommend waiting until finishing the main storyline, or does this DLC work at any stage (past level 10 I think) during the game?

I've put Reckoning on hold while I go through ME3, and Witcher 2 is high on my radar. But maybe Dead Kel is a good jumping-back-in point when I return to Amular?
post #321 of 349 Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Dustin...

Would you recommend waiting until finishing the main storyline, or does this DLC work at any stage (past level 10 I think) during the game?

I've put Reckoning on hold while I go through ME3, and Witcher 2 is high on my radar. But maybe Dead Kel is a good jumping-back-in point when I return to Amular?

Any time after level 10 is fine. They will scale the loot on the island to make it useful for the range you are in. I am going through at level 40, and all enemies are yellow/orange so far, and a few of them are pretty wicked, but they should be the same type of challenge if I went through at level 10, (I plan on doing that with my mage, who is level 8 currently).

I think I would actually prefer it earlier than 40, as some of the bonuses/fates unlocked would have been very nice to have while going through the game.
post #322 of 349 Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am finally starting to see why people claimed the game was so easy. It all depends on the build you choose. If you truly want to challenge yourself, do as I did and do a pure assassin build. My second playthrough is a pure mage, and he pretty much destroys stuff. I am playing the mage through on hard difficulty, and having an easier time than I did with my assassin on normal.

The new DLC is also great, a huge amount of content for 800MS points. I love the keep and all the people you can send to collect items/salvage for you.
post #323 of 349 Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I am finally starting to see why people claimed the game was so easy. It all depends on the build you choose. If you truly want to challenge yourself, do as I did and do a pure assassin build. My second playthrough is a pure mage, and he pretty much destroys stuff. I am playing the mage through on hard difficulty, and having an easier time than I did with my assassin on normal.

The new DLC is also great, a huge amount of content for 800MS points. I love the keep and all the people you can send to collect items/salvage for you.

I am also playing a pure Mage, first time play-through on hard. I have found a few battles "challenging", but mostly only bosses and/or mobs in tight quarters. I stopped carrying potions of any kind a long time ago. I have a 1.5 health regen on one piece of armor and have the health spell maxed out. You don't always get the luxury of casting it long enough to replenish "big hits". So that keeps a little challenge.

I think at last count I have 79 points invested in Sorcery. I have completed all the Faction quest lines and 70 or so side quests.

(SPOILER AHEAD, but I will keep the description minimal in case someone accidentally reveals)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Since you have finished the game, I just got to the Maylwyn battle the other night (albeit at 1:30AM so I was perhaps not on point) and I got creamed 5 times in a row by him. On the 6th try I managed to get a little farther only to have Balor cast a "wandering eye" at me, without me getting into "protection" from a certain someone. I'll probably use a more dodge and cast tactic, but this battle at least is rather challenging for a pure Mage

Gamertag: Sage Treebeard

PSN: TiberDrum
post #324 of 349 Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Liked: 12
I got to say.. the $DLC has me amazed at the amount of content they provided. It's a huge area with TONS to see and do. This is a excellent example of how to do $DLC right!

I will continue to support these guys in the future for sure.
post #325 of 349 Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM

New $DLC:

April 4, 2012
38 Studios and EA Announce Teeth of Naros Downloadable Expansion for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Teeth of Naros Introduces Players to a Mysterious Race, an All-New City and Epic New Adventures

PROVIDENCE, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Glimpse into the future of Amalur, as Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveil Teeth of Naros™, the second downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™. Players will journey through a forgotten land called the Teeth of Naros, a harsh environment named after an ancient troll god. In this new journey players will encounter the Kollossae, a devout race of giants, and uncover the mysteries of their faith. Teeth of Naros will be available starting on April 17, 2012 on Xbox Live for 800 points and PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam for $9.99.

The Teeth of Naros DLC and the journey through the mysterious land will feature:

A New City - Explore the city of Idylla, which magically floats in the sky above the Teeth of Naros featuring more than 20 side quests, multiple dungeons and a mysterious new race
New Enemies and Dungeons - Players will take part in a crucible of faith and tribulation with new dangers and enemies as they journey through five enormous new dungeons
New Twists of Fate and Items - Three new Twists of Fate, nine new armor sets, six new shields and 18 new unique weapons for players to choose from as they journey through this new world
post #326 of 349 Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyvven View Post

I am also playing a pure Mage, first time play-through on hard. I have found a few battles "challenging", but mostly only bosses and/or mobs in tight quarters. I stopped carrying potions of any kind a long time ago. I have a 1.5 health regen on one piece of armor and have the health spell maxed out. You don't always get the luxury of casting it long enough to replenish "big hits". So that keeps a little challenge.

I think at last count I have 79 points invested in Sorcery. I have completed all the Faction quest lines and 70 or so side quests.

(SPOILER AHEAD, but I will keep the description minimal in case someone accidentally reveals)

Spoiler  
Since you have finished the game, I just got to the Maylwyn battle the other night (albeit at 1:30AM so I was perhaps not on point) and I got creamed 5 times in a row by him. On the 6th try I managed to get a little farther only to have Balor cast a "wandering eye" at me, without me getting into "protection" from a certain someone. I'll probably use a more dodge and cast tactic, but this battle at least is rather challenging for a pure Mage

Spoiler  
If you stand in Tilera's sphere it will protect you from the balor gaze. As for maylwyn, from what I hear he is tricky for a mage. Just keep moving and widdle him down as you go, (he was a breeze for my assassin so I am interested to see how it changes).
post #327 of 349 Old 04-06-2012, 03:20 PM

I just had a thought on how the developers can 'fix' the level cap issue without having to raise it, which they don't seem to be willing to do.

Why not just cut the experience point amounts by half or more? Just cut the % modifier for all experience and slow down the progression. Just change one line in the code and problem solved. With all the amount of new content it's even more easy to max out faster.

I just finished the Dead Kel and I gained around nine levels in that area with my new character. I'm already at level 31 and have more then half of the normal game areas unexplored. WTF?

Instead of 300+ exp for simple enemies why not 20-50? At this point I don't even want to use the finishing moves and tap the button to get an extra 100% at this point.
post #328 of 349 Old 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

I just had a thought on how the developers can 'fix' the level cap issue without having to raise it, which they don't seem to be willing to do.

Why not just cut the experience point amounts by half or more? Just cut the % modifier for all experience and slow down the progression. Just change one line in the code and problem solved. With all the amount of new content it's even more easy to max out faster.

I just finished the Dead Kel and I gained around nine levels in that area with my new character. I'm already at level 31 and have more then half of the normal game areas unexplored. WTF?

Instead of 300+ exp for simple enemies why not 20-50? At this point I don't even want to use the finishing moves and tap the button to get an extra 100% at this point.

You know, I had worries about that at first with my first character. I was level 34 before even fighting the Balor. However, the experience I was getting from the rest of the zones was small when I went through them, and things slowed down rather well. I ended up hitting 40 just before I stepped into the final zone, which was about perfect, (and I did every zone/quest I could find).
post #329 of 349 Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New DLC out next week! Here is a trailer.

"Teeth of Naros" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GZ2Kw3JGxw
post #330 of 349 Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New DLC out! Hoping to get a good run at it tonight after the kiddies are in bed.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page