post #181 of 349 Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

It looks like all lootable items indoors get marked with the detect hidden indicator, regardless of value. It makes a little sense because not all shelves or desks are lootable.

You are correct. Anything hidden in a stash or container that is of value and not considered theft. Value doesn't matter. Even the silly human skulls are worth a gold or two, so if it is fair game and not stealing, it qualifies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 349 Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Actually, you do get the skill points back for your race based skills, (detect hidden, stealth, etc.). You also retain any points that you paid to train, or learned from a book.

I did a respec last night and maxed out the first two sets of detect hidden and stealth. Detect hidden is amazing in how fast you gain wealth. I am constantly getting an extra 100-200 gold per loot it seems. Stealth is hilarious on an assassin character...the people have a delay before they recognize you if you come at them from field of view, which gives you time to pound them if you are quick enough .

Interesting about the books haven't respeced since I read one. What I meant by the race-based skills is that you don't get them back to reassign. I should have been more clear because it sounded like I said you would lose them.
post #183 of 349 Old 02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

You are correct. Anything hidden in a stash or container that is of value and not considered theft. Value doesn't matter. Even the silly human skulls are worth a gold or two, so if it is fair game and not stealing, it qualifies.

I've been looking around inside a bunch of places, and the desks that aren't marked do only contain useless junk and the others have something worth selling. *I* think it's a lame decision to mark them but that's the way it goes, and it'll be even more crowded in some houses once I get to Level 16 (15-3/4 now) and I redo my character to have full Detect Hidden so that trunks at the end of beds start showing up too...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #184 of 349 Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually, you do get the skill points back for your race based skills, (detect hidden, stealth, etc.). You also retain any points that you paid to train, or learned from a book.

Retain them, yes, but they are stuck where they are.
Based on what happened during my respec, if you read a book on Mercantile, you will always have THAT point in Mercantile. I wanted to recycle the Stealth points but they stayed right where they were.

Since I'm swimming in money (and I'd hit Level 16) I did two respecs in a row. I maxed out Sagecraft and Blacksmith and made some stuff, which ended up giving me a few Achievements. Either I needed better raw materials or the stuff you can make isn't as good as you can find/buy. Once I had some gems for sale and to put away, I did my second respec and I maxed out Detect Hidden. Now I see everything lootable, including at least one chest that SEEMS to be unreachable for the moment. Just like I thought, inside some buildings all the lootable spots are now marked, which doesn't mean as much as the ones outside since pants aren't MY idea of loot.

Working on House of Ballads. Every time I hit an opponent I can't beat without using up my Fate supply, I run around killing bad guys with enough style to refill the meter for the next big fight. I have the technique down, but foes like Brownies are hard to avoid killing before the style move gets me some more Fate. I kinda wish Fate was easier to get but whatcha gonna do?...

post #185 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Is there an easier way to switch weapons than going through the menus? Can a weapon be assigned to the d-pad, for instance?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #186 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Is there an easier way to switch weapons than going through the menus? Can a weapon be assigned to the d-pad, for instance?

I looked at that, but so far nothing but consumables is mappable. I have no points that make the bow really good, but the one I have has gems in it that leech health so using it along with the scepter AND the chakram would be nice if it wasn't so clumsy to do...

post #187 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Retain them, yes, but they are stuck where they are.
Based on what happened during my respec, if you read a book on Mercantile, you will always have THAT point in Mercantile. I wanted to recycle the Stealth points but they stayed right where they were.

Since I'm swimming in money (and I'd hit Level 16) I did two respecs in a row. I maxed out Sagecraft and Blacksmith and made some stuff, which ended up giving me a few Achievements. Either I needed better raw materials or the stuff you can make isn't as good as you can find/buy.

It's based on the materials you have. Having gotten to the point I can craft with gems and create epic gems, I've been able to craft far better weapons than I've been able to find. I haven't been able to do the same with armor, though, as I don't have great materials for that.
post #188 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

How does the "move to junk/sell all junk" work? Does it loose any value when it gets processed as "junk", or is this simply a way to manage inventory and make selling lower loot easier?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #189 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How does the "move to junk/sell all junk" work? Does it loose any value when it gets processed as "junk", or is this simply a way to manage inventory and make selling lower loot easier?

It's just an easier way to manage your inventory. You do have the option of selling individual items at the shops, but junking and selling all junk is the same.
post #190 of 349 Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

It's just an easier way to manage your inventory. You do have the option of selling individual items at the shops, but junking and selling all junk is the same.

Great, thanks. That's a smart way of handling sellable inventory, but I was leery of the use of the word "junk".

post #191 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What class did you end up deciding on DaverJ?
post #192 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What class did you end up deciding on DaverJ?

Thanks for asking! I'm forgetting the terms used in the game, but I remember the initial character was the seafaring guy (rugged human).

I started with a Stealth and Magic focus, but once I started getting loot with a Might requirement, I changed focus to straight combat with a little magic, and have been enjoying that a lot. A simple Greatsword is loads of fun! Once I'm able to respec, I might go more toward Might and take away some Stealth.

As for the Fates, I switched around but I think my current only gives bonus for melee and ranged combat.

post #193 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for asking! I'm forgetting the terms used in the game, but I remember the initial character was the seafaring guy (rugged human).

I started with a Stealth and Magic focus, but once I started getting loot with a Might requirement, I changed focus to straight combat with a little magic, and have been enjoying that a lot. A simple Greatsword is loads of fun! Once I'm able to respec, I might go more toward Might and take away some Stealth.

As for the Fates, I switched around but I think my current only gives bonus for melee and ranged combat.

Nice! I think the class you are referring to is a Varani (sp). I ended up doing a Dok-elf...he is a pure assassin, and been a load of fun to play. I even made him look like Drizzt, as a tribute to Salvatore for helping create the world .

Dustin
post #194 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has anyone done a comparison of the PS3 vs. X360 versions? Thanks.

Cheers,

Jeff

SXRD/Denon/OPPO/HTPC/PS4/PS3/XB360/NHT/HSU
PSN ID: Krondorian
XBL ID: Midkemian
West Coast
Twitter: @Krondo_jd
post #195 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60SXRD View Post

I don't think there is any appreciable difference between the versions. XBOX might get the slight edge in performance with the ability to install the game to the HDD.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #196 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Liked: 11
I finally was able to create epic gems but I don't understand why I can't use them? Do I have to have my Blacksmith skill maxed to create epic weapons first?

Oh and a word to the wise.. I found a quest that I 'broke' by stealing the 'daggers' from the person first...then I destroyed them as the quest requested. But I hid and the 'target' left the scene. When I went back to 'finish' the quest, I was unable to take the daggers due to the fact that I had already stolen them off the person and junked them. Now I can't finish the quest due to the yellow circle requesting I pick them up .. they aren't there.

Long story short.. don't steal the daggers from the person before you 'finish' the quest.
post #197 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60SXRD View Post

There's barely even a difference between the console versions and the PC version. Pretty much even across the board.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #198 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

I finally was able to create epic gems but I don't understand why I can't use them? Do I have to have my Blacksmith skill maxed to create epic weapons first?

Oh and a word to the wise.. I found a quest that I 'broke' by stealing the 'daggers' from the person first...then I destroyed them as the quest requested. But I hid and the 'target' left the scene. When I went back to 'finish' the quest, I was unable to take the daggers due to the fact that I had already stolen them off the person and junked them. Now I can't finish the quest due to the yellow circle requesting I pick them up .. they aren't there.

Long story short.. don't steal the daggers from the person before you 'finish' the quest.

I believe epic gems can only go into mastercrafted items. Once you hit level 16, you can just respec to max out your blacksmithing and then you can craft the gear for the gems to go in. Then respec back when you're done to your preferred config.

post #199 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I believe epic gems can only go into mastercrafted items. Once you hit level 16, you can just respec to max out your blacksmithing and then you can craft the gear for the gems to go in. Then respec back when you're done to your preferred config.

Ahh.. that makes sense.. I'll have to max out my Blacksmith skill first. Haven't much got into making my own stuff since every time I try the base weapon or armor is so weak it doesn't make any sense to bother.
I guess I need to stop junking all the weapons/armor I find and use those as the base item(?).
post #200 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 01:21 PM

This game sounded rubbish until i actually looked at the game when it had been released and it looks excellent going to get it next week
post #201 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

Ahh.. that makes sense.. I'll have to max out my Blacksmith skill first. Haven't much got into making my own stuff since every time I try the base weapon or armor is so weak it doesn't make any sense to bother.
I guess I need to stop junking all the weapons/armor I find and use those as the base item(?).

FYI, from what I understand only chest armor has an epic slot, you can make it or I think find some chest armor with the slot but it's extremely rare.
post #202 of 349 Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_awd View Post

FYI, from what I understand only chest armor has an epic slot, you can make it or I think find some chest armor with the slot but it's extremely rare.

That's kinda lame: unless there's special mage armor with that slot, I'm not going to bother with it. I just left the starting area on a quest and the bad guys are tougher, but not so much that I'm going to drop the decent robes I'm using. I may have to experiment to see what weaknesses they have, since so far my 91 chakrams of fire/lightning are taking a LONG time to kill some of them. I do hope the loot drops include Level 19 weapons soon...

post #203 of 349 Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

There's barely even a difference between the console versions and the PC version. Pretty much even across the board.

the pc can be played at 1920x1080 with higher resolution textures...

xbox and ps3 versions have sub hd resolution and much lesser texture resolutions.

theres a huge difference

post #204 of 349 Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

the pc can be played at 1920x1080 with higher resolution textures...

xbox and ps3 versions have sub hd resolution and much lesser texture resolutions.

theres a huge difference

The higher rez textures don't make much difference in this game IMO. The textures are (intentionally) flat and cartoony. It's only modestly pushing PC hardware, so there really isn't much visible difference. The framerate bump is nice, though.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #205 of 349 Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

That's kinda lame: unless there's special mage armor with that slot, I'm not going to bother with it. I just left the starting area on a quest and the bad guys are tougher, but not so much that I'm going to drop the decent robes I'm using. I may have to experiment to see what weaknesses they have, since so far my 91 chakrams of fire/lightning are taking a LONG time to kill some of them. I do hope the loot drops include Level 19 weapons soon...

You will find better weapons in chests and off mobs if they are near your level. The new zone should iron that out real fast for you. I have a nice set of weapons, (dagger and bow), but things have a ton of health when they are orange to me, (slightly higher level...tell by the monsters name color), and still take longer to kill.

Dustin
post #206 of 349 Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

The higher rez textures don't make much difference in this game IMO. The textures are (intentionally) flat and cartoony. It's only modestly pushing PC hardware, so there really isn't much visible difference. The framerate bump is nice, though.

going from <720p on consoles to 1920x1080 on pc is huge. just put them side by side.

You'll notice all the pixels and grainyness on pc is gone, greater draw distance, and less texture compression.

post #207 of 349 Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Those that pre-ordered from Amazon should be getting a $20 credit due to the price-drop last week. Got mine this morning. Makes this game an even better deal!

post #208 of 349 Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Those that pre-ordered from Amazon should be getting a $20 credit due to the price-drop last week. Got mine this morning. Makes this game an even better deal!

Yeah - even those that ordered after release but paid full price got the credit.

I feel bad because I complained about the price drop before my copy was even delivered, and they gave me a "one-time" refund of $15. And now they send me a $20 credit!

Anyway, Amazon is the place to order games from!

post #209 of 349 Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah - even those that ordered after release but paid full price got the credit.

I feel bad because I complained about the price drop before my copy was even delivered, and they gave me a "one-time" refund of $15. And now they send me a $20 credit!

Anyway, Amazon is the place to order games from!

Sweet! Yeah, Amazon has never let me down with their customer service

post #210 of 349 Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Hmm... did that $20 credit negate the $10 one I got before? Or did I just score a $30 rebate?.. sweet. I have both codes still. Muhhahaha.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page