Little help . . . no video output on component (HD) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys,

I have an older-model 360 (a "fat" with no HDMI out). Used to have it connected to my TV with the component video and optical out to receiver.

Recently I upgraded my setup and installed a Yamaha RX-V571. Connected to 360 to it's first component/optical AV slot. Problem is, I'm getting sound but no video through the receiver. Switching the component cable from "HDTV" to "TV" (yes, the Xbox is that old) gives me output, but at an obviously crappy 480p.

Any suggestions why I'm not getting any HD signals from my setup? Thanks in advance!

I have never failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
If you're running through a new AV receiver, chances are that the issue is with the AV receiver (or how you have it configured) and not with the Xbox 360. Possible issues:

1) There may also be an HDMI input associated with that same input channel on the AV receiver, and you may have to manually configure the AV receiver to tell it "use the component video for this input, not the HDMI". I find this to be a common issue when one "source" has multiple potential inputs, and hence this used to be an issue with a lot of AV receivers when having to select between using analog and digital audio inputs for a given source.

2) If you have the output from the AV receiver connected to your TV via something other than component, e.g. via HDMI, you may have to adjust settings for conversion from component to HDMI.

3) You may need to disable automatic display discovery in the Xbox 360 settings.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Slordak. I kinda had an idea it might be something like configuring inputs. But like I said, and it's weird, it works if the 360 is set on an SD resolution.

I'll give your suggestions a shot!

post #4 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineLove View Post

Thanks Slordak. I kinda had an idea it might be something like configuring inputs. But like I said, and it's weird, it works if the 360 is set on an SD resolution.

I'll give your suggestions a shot!

Dumb question: do you have the wrong video connected? When you select SD on that cable, video comes out the yellow composite connector that is grouped with red/white stereo audio outputs. When you select video it comes out the three component video connectors. If you are flipping the cable switch to SD and seeing video, then it means you have the single composite yellow hooked up.

Maybe you have both the single composite and the triple component cables all hooked up? Video only comes out one at a time, though.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus View Post

Dumb question: do you have the wrong video connected? When you select SD on that cable, video comes out the yellow composite connector that is grouped with red/white stereo audio outputs. When you select video it comes out the three component video connectors. If you are flipping the cable switch to SD and seeing video, then it means you have the single composite yellow hooked up.

Maybe you have both the single composite and the triple component cables all hooked up? Video only comes out one at a time, though.

Thought of that too, but it's not the problem. Sometimes it's the most simple things which aren't quite obvious all the same.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM

Hey, did you ever fix this problem? Just set up my Yamaha with the Xbox (same first gen) and no video out, just audio. What's the deal?
post #7 of 7 Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM

been trying to fix same problem for a few days now, turned out i had to setup my xbox and configure the settings on the xbox and change the resolution to 1080i, then it works! connect it regularly threw composite connection so u can atleast see your xbox
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page