Understanding X360 Cloud Storage - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 511
I do wish that when you turned the system on that they would sync and changed files automatically instead of waiting for the game to be played. It sucks waiting for the sync for one game but when switching to another and having to wait over really sucks. Hopefully this is something they can fix.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 07-10-2012, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if Resident Evil 4 works? I recently got a second xbox and tried moving Resident Evil's saved data from the first xbox to the second xbox via usb. This did not work. Then I tried using cloud storage and I tried moving it and copying it numerous times and still can't get it to work. I don't know what else to do and need help to try to get this to work. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me with this or at least confirm is Resident Evil 4 is one of those games that doesn't work with cloud storage. Thanks.
post #33 of 44 Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend23 View Post

Does anyone know if Resident Evil 4 works? I recently got a second xbox and tried moving Resident Evil's saved data from the first xbox to the second xbox via usb. This did not work. Then I tried using cloud storage and I tried moving it and copying it numerous times and still can't get it to work. I don't know what else to do and need help to try to get this to work. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me with this or at least confirm is Resident Evil 4 is one of those games that doesn't work with cloud storage. Thanks.

I don't have RE4, so I don't know how it handles its save game files. A few questions:
1. After you moved (not copied) the RE4 save game files to the Cloud Storage, can the original 1st X360 that created them still load the RE4 save game from the Cloud Storage?
2. What happens when the 2nd X360 tries to load RE4 save game files from the Cloud Storage?

Not that I'm glad to see RE4 isn't working with Cloud Storage, we need a list of X360 games that don't work with Cloud Storage. Currently, it's assumed every X360 game is compatible with Cloud Storage which is obviously wrong.
post #34 of 44 Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Can you make a new save while playing your game and just pick the cloud storage?

post #35 of 44 Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Can you make a new save while playing your game and just pick the cloud storage?

yeah, you can have 2 game saves with one being the hard drive and one being the cloud/cache version. I don't know about all games but some of them, I accidentally created a hard drive save because I forgot to choose the cloud version.

but in terms of RE4. no clue. not a fan of the RE series.
post #36 of 44 Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

yeah, you can have 2 game saves with one being the hard drive and one being the cloud/cache version. I don't know about all games but some of them, I accidentally created a hard drive save because I forgot to choose the cloud version.
but in terms of RE4. no clue. not a fan of the RE series.

Not true for all games. Some games only allow one copy of the game save. It's easy to tell because the game will not allow you to save at two different locations.
post #37 of 44 Old 07-15-2012, 04:56 PM

I dont' like how the cloud saves are currently handled either.
I usually just save games directly to the hard drive.
post #38 of 44 Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanLiz View Post

I dont' like how the cloud saves are currently handled either.
I usually just save games directly to the hard drive.

They could be better but when you play on 4 different consoles, hard drives/thumb drives really suck. You forget it when playing on another console then you cant really continue a game. I love the cloud saves but it needs a little more to be perfect for me.

post #39 of 44 Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

They could be better but when you play on 4 different consoles, hard drives/thumb drives really suck. You forget it when playing on another console then you cant really continue a game. I love the cloud saves but it needs a little more to be perfect for me.

If it's regular save game file, ie. doesn't contain any kind of "single copy" or any type of copy protection, Cloud works great. But the most common copy protection on X360 is the save game file can only exist or opened by one console at a time.

In reality, console "Cloud Storage" is still very primitive compared to some of the more advanced Cloud Storage on the PC, ie. same file stored on Cloud can be opened by multiple PCs, keep track of all the changes made by different PCs, keeping multiple "revision" copies, shared to different users, etc. In reality, console based Cloud Storage, ie. X360 and PS3 are based on the simpliest type which has been around for decades.

Between X360 and PS3 Cloud Storage, I think X360 is much more friendly and gives you large enough space, ie. 512MB. On PS3, it gives you 150MB which is too small for most users usage. Remember, PS3 exclusive games and some RPG games create huge save game files. On X360, I can store most of my games saved games on the Cloud but not with PS3. The worst restriction with PS3 Cloud is 1 day wait for copy protected save game files. So, if you want to continue you saved game on another console, too bad because you must wait for 1 day. The reason is PS3 cannot load/save game save files directly from the Cloud Storage. Every game requires the game save file to be on the hard drive. So, if you copy non-copy protect save game file to another storage, you must copy it back to the hard drive. With the release of 16GB PS3 model, it will be interesting for low end casual gamers to understand that their little hard drive is the only place they can load/save their game saves files.
post #40 of 44 Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 582
why would you want to access the same game save simultaneously on each console? a game save is supposed to be the progression of one player. you're not supposed to be able to have the same gamertag active on multiple consoles simultaneously anyway.

now, not allowing multiple game saves per user doesn't make sense. Maybe in the days of tiny 256 MB memory cards. But not in the modern console era.
post #41 of 44 Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM

is it possible to share game saves through cloud with multiple gamer tags?
post #42 of 44 Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Liked: 93
No. Saves are tied to Gamertags.
post #43 of 44 Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM

I started erasing games i dont play etc in order to have memorey for Halo 4. I also cleared Cloud cache, since then, I have lost the campaign I have been playing and all data related to \where I'm at (but still shows history in xbox live etc.). IS THERE ANYWAY I CANT GET THIS BACK!????

email- xxmargarita26xx@gmail.com
post #44 of 44 Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Between X360 and PS3 Cloud Storage, I think X360 is much more friendly and gives you large enough space, ie. 512MB. On PS3, it gives you 150MB which is too small for most users usage.

Vortex should probably edit his post, the PS3 is now 1GB.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page