Does anybody actually think Halo 4 will release in 2012? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I was just curious if people think this game is really coming out this year. Personally, I'd be shocked if it actually releases this year, but I guess anything is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 05:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I was just curious if people think this game is really coming out this year. Personally, I'd be shocked if it actually releases this year, but I guess anything is possible.

Why would you be shocked? They announced it almost a year ago. They've probably been working on it for quite some time.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since all the Xbox 360 Halo games are just re-treads of the same thing, there's no reason they couldn't put out a new Halo game each and every year at this point. Sure, the latest one has a new developer, but I'm sure the majority of the game assets and code base went with the license transfer from Bungie.
post #4 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak View Post

Since all the Xbox 360 Halo games are just re-treads of the same thing, there's no reason they couldn't put out a new Halo game each and every year at this point. Sure, the latest one has a new developer, but I'm sure the majority of the game assets and code base went with the license transfer from Bungie.

Yeah, I'd be more surprised if it *didnt* come out this year. Doesn't seem like MS studios has much else cooking.

post #5 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I don't know what the point of the question is for? Halo doesn't get delayed. All this talk about a new studio shouldn't be a concern. Just because they are called 343 studios doesn't mean they don't have members from Bungie that moved to 343 like O'Connor.

Quote:

I don't know why are you trying to say all Halo games are "re-treads" when you can say thing about any series on any system. Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Forza, Rachet Clank, Mario Kart and Mario. The list goes on.

The 5.0 is here
post #6 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I guess in this context I mean that the core gameplay and game mechanics aren't being altered from game to game. Folks could argue, but at least from my perspective, the changes from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach were minimal, and I'm not anticipating any reversal in this trend for Halo 4. Thus why I don't see any reason why developers would have an issue putting out a new game in a timely fashion.

The same could indeed be said of many games and their sequels, although many games do mix up their mechanics a bit. Super Mario Sunshire plays a good bit differently than Super Mario Galaxy, even though both are "Mario games". To be sure, titles like Call of Duty do seem to repeat the same formula, but with just enough innovation (e.g. "Spec Ops" mode) to keep things interesting for the majority of players. With regards to Halo, I was disappointed with "Firefight" mode myself, and even more disappointed when it wasn't enhanced in any meaningful way for Halo: Reach.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The Halo games need a technology upgrade: guns should convert atmospheric gases into ammo so there's no need to hunt for clips on a constant basis. Maybe pull a ME1 move and have the guns overheat a lot, but that'd only be a thrill to folks looking for something to slow themselves down...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #8 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

I don't know why are you trying to say all Halo games are "re-treads" when you can say thing about any series on any system. Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Forza, Rachet Clank, Mario Kart and Mario. The list goes on.

That's true, except for Mario. The other series you listed are all as or more boring than Halo.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

That's true, except for Mario. The other series you listed are all as or more boring than Halo.

This wasn't about whether they are boring to you or not. I enjoy Uncharted and Forza. Halo is my personal favorite series.

The 5.0 is here
post #10 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

This wasn't about whether they are boring to you or not. I enjoy Uncharted and Forza. Halo is my personal favorite series.

That explains a lot.

post #11 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

That explains a lot.

Oh be quiet BD2003

The 5.0 is here
post #12 of 17 Old 01-24-2012, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

When Microsoft announced Halo 4 last year at e3, and didn't show any actual in-game footage, I personally felt like it was all a ruse. Sure, they are working on Halo 4, and they would love to get it out this November, but here we are, and it's almost February, and yet we still haven't seen any in-game screenshots or video footage of a game that is supposedly coming out this year. Seems a bit suspect to me.

Look at GTA 5. There is no guarantee that GTA 5 is a 2012 game, yet we've already seen some in-game footage.

Certainly, MS might show something at GDC, but man... I just think that if this game really does come out this year, the single player campaign will probably be as short as a Call of Duty game. I'm just getting the feeling that if this game is really coming out this year, it will be a rushed product.
post #13 of 17 Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When Microsoft announced Halo 4 last year at e3, and didn't show any actual in-game footage, I personally felt like it was all a ruse. Sure, they are working on Halo 4, and they would love to get it out this November, but here we are, and it's almost February, and yet we still haven't seen any in-game screenshots or video footage of a game that is supposedly coming out this year. Seems a bit suspect to me.

Look at GTA 5. There is no guarantee that GTA 5 is a 2012 game, yet we've already seen some in-game footage.

Certainly, MS might show something at GDC, but man... I just think that if this game really does come out this year, the single player campaign will probably be as short as a Call of Duty game. I'm just getting the feeling that if this game is really coming out this year, it will be a rushed product.

Yeah you are talking about 10 months away and they have E3. Just because they haven't shown gamplay today doesn't mean it won't be out in September/November time frame this year.

Are you unaware how long Halo 4 has been in development. It has been in development for 2 years since the interview below. It has been in development for 2 1/2 years now.

Quote:
Halo 4 has been underway for over two years now, and the release of this latest addition to the Halo franchise is drawing closer and closer. Gamers who are eagerly waiting it’s release, though, will have to wait a little while longer begin it isn’t going to be released until December 31, 2012.

In a recent discussion that was reported by GameSpot, Frank O’Connor, who is heading up the Halo 4 project, revealed that they had been developing Halo 4 in secrecy for quite some time, almost 2 years to be exact. He stated that it was a huge relief to be able to announce the release of Halo 4 at E3 because they no longer had to keep it a secret.

http://halo4f.com/halo-4-has-been-in...t-for-2-years/

The 5.0 is here
post #14 of 17 Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 AM

Liked: 13
If the rumors are true that the nextbox will launch in oct/nov of 2013 then I would rather they make this a launch title for the new system. But as others have pointed out, Microsoft doesn't have much coming out this year.

Gamertag: x klem x
post #15 of 17 Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you unaware how long Halo 4 has been in development. It has been in development for 2 years since the interview below. It has been in development for 2 1/2 years now.

I remember in December 2010, they were still trying to hire lead designers for it. Assuming they hired some guys in January 2011, those guys have only been working on that game for a single year. I know it was in development prior to them coming aboard, but I really don't see how they could possibly have a polished product to release this year. I'm not saying that it's 100 percent impossible for this game to come out this year, they could definitely release the game right around Thanksgiving, but I just feel like at some point we are going to hear that this game is being delayed till Spring 2013 or something like that.

If it really does come out, and is a high-polished game, then I'll definitely have to eat some crow. I just don't see that happening though. I wish I was wrong, and I really hope they don't rush the game out if it isn't really ready.
post #16 of 17 Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robklem View Post

If the rumors are true that the nextbox will launch in oct/nov of 2013 then I would rather they make this a launch title for the new system. But as others have pointed out, Microsoft doesn't have much coming out this year.

Plenty of games coming to the 360. Just that some of you are stuck on exclusives just because the other system has exclusives that were originally announced for release in 2011 that got delayed in 2012 as the other previous years this gen that exclusives are more "important". Even then the lack of exclusives that MS has apparently are not affecting them like everyone seems to make it out to be. MS would not have had its best year in 2011 after 6 years compared to the bragging that was going on at the beginning of 2011 how the PS3 would have an exclusive just about every month. How well did those exclusives do in comparison to the multiplatform games on each system? We already know the answer. Exclusives are not a draw to the majority anymore. For you or someone on here personally, sure. Not the world.

The 5.0 is here
post #17 of 17 Old 01-26-2012, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I remember in December 2010, they were still trying to hire lead designers for it. Assuming they hired some guys in January 2011, those guys have only been working on that game for a single year. I know it was in development prior to them coming aboard, but I really don't see how they could possibly have a polished product to release this year. I'm not saying that it's 100 percent impossible for this game to come out this year, they could definitely release the game right around Thanksgiving, but I just feel like at some point we are going to hear that this game is being delayed till Spring 2013 or something like that.

If it really does come out, and is a high-polished game, then I'll definitely have to eat some crow. I just don't see that happening though. I wish I was wrong, and I really hope they don't rush the game out if it isn't really ready.

Maybe it was bad info? Still don't see the concern when E3 is a couple of months away.

The 5.0 is here
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page