Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Then again DaverJ always gives me something to shoot for

Heh!

This game is almost too much for me. I dont normally feel so OCD playing games, but this one wrecks me. I had to walk away for a while, but I think I'll pick it back up sometime soon and return to trying so hard to simply get to the middle of the pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 113 Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This game really isn't conducive to getting to bed at a decent hour.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #93 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthershutch15 View Post

I just started in the minigames and got this on my 3rd try, but it won't let me know any farther.

All those days of track and field have paid off.

Yeah it stops at the bridge. I hit the side of the mountain. It seems the leaderboard just goes in the order of whoever got the max first.
post #94 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

I just started in the minigames and got this on my 3rd try, but it won't let me know any farther.

All those days of track and field have paid off.

Gah. I feel like I've always been really fast on the buttons, but I'm still crapping out at around 420m. Any hints or advice? Or have my button fingers just gotten slow in my old age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

No joke. Even coming home for lunch turns into a quick fix. I was seriously fried the other day while working my way through the Flatliner series.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #95 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Gah. I feel like I've always been really fast on the buttons, but I'm still crapping out at around 420m. Any hints or advice? Or have my button fingers just gotten slow in my old age?

I only did it like 5 times total, so I'll have to revisit it and let you know if I did anything special, but I think I just got a decent jump, nothing special, and then held the controller kind of sideways and mashed y/x (i think those are the buttons) back and forth with a thumb on each button....I think I also was holding one of the sticks to the top/right, kind of awkward.

I've always been unbeatable in the old speed button mashing games like track and field, and I think this is primarily based on button speed.

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
post #96 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I hate those button mashing games. The worst was Bevis And Butthead for Sega, there was a button mashing mini game where you had to hit a,b,c rapidaly to reel in the line on couch fishing. I was like 10, so I would lick my fingers and then just slide them as fast as I could. Only way I could reel it in, but it would leave half my skin on the controller.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #97 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

An article about the distance maximum that doesn't even know it's about the distance maximum: http://kotaku.com/5904991/watch-two-...ials-evolution
post #98 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 462
I have watched so many replays for this event and don't get how it is being achieved with so many different methods. One replay has someone just creeping to the ramp to somehow propel themselves all the way to the hill. Also for some reason in most of the replays you see the left trigger constantly being pressed. Whenever I touch that trigger it seems to slow my momentum down.

The 5.0 is here
post #99 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I managed to eke out a few more meters on Icarus. Up to 430m now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

I have watched so many replays for this event and don't get how it is being achieved with so many different methods. One replay has someone just creeping to the ramp to somehow propel themselves all the way to the hill.

Some folks are apparently using keyboard macros or turbo buttons on third-party controllers which makes speed and balance irrelevant.

Quote:

Also for some reason in most of the replays you see the left trigger constantly being pressed. Whenever I touch that trigger it seems to slow my momentum down.

Either the X or the Y button registers as the LT in the replays, but AFAIK no one is actually pushing the LT button, so don't bother.

post #100 of 113 Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:

I managed to eke out a few more meters on Icarus. Up to 430m now.

Some folks are apparently using keyboard macros or turbo buttons on third-party controllers which makes speed and balance irrelevant.

Either the X or the Y button registers as the LT in the replays, but AFAIK no one is actually pushing the LT button, so don't bother.

Yeah I saw your score last night back on the grind. Been playing that monkey swing game as well

The 5.0 is here
post #101 of 113 Old 04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post

I had a really good time going on Gigatrack and had about a 1/4 of the track left with zero crashes. I flipped over backwards and then hit the wrong button and was taken back to the start
GT: motoman617

This happened to me multiple times with Gigatrack! I've conditioned myself to hit the back button to restart. But Gigatrack is so long that starting from the beginning really hurts. So there were MULTIPLE times in a rage, I accidentally hit the back button instead of the B button. And a few of those times, I was somewhat near the end of the track!

And the worst was starting Gigatrack very late at night, not knowing how long it was. And some time later, after hand started to feel sore from gripping so much... I basically said screw trying to a good time, get the level over with. So I must have had a million faults with the worst time possible.
post #102 of 113 Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Check out my distance on the splosion man level. It's the very last challenge.
post #103 of 113 Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

LOL - I wish you were my boss. He probably thinks I'm a drug addict or something coming into work lately totally out of it and with dark circles under my eyes.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #104 of 113 Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 AM

I was so pissed last night playing the 3rd or 4th extreme track...Don't remember the name, but I finally finished it with nearly 300 faults...There are 2 jumps towards the end that are a steep incline, one with a frickin barrel at the top of it, and another with a box next at the top of it...The last one with the box is the toughest jump I've encountered so far, but I think I know the trick now and plan to revisit and finish with much fewer faults...Probably only 50-100, lol.

post #105 of 113 Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was so pissed last night playing the 3rd or 4th extreme track...Don't remember the name, but I finally finished it with nearly 300 faults...There are 2 jumps towards the end that are a steep incline, one with a frickin barrel at the top of it, and another with a box next at the top of it...The last one with the box is the toughest jump I've encountered so far, but I think I know the trick now and plan to revisit and finish with much fewer faults...Probably only 50-100, lol.

Nice. I only tried that level once, but it pissed me off so bad that I haven't tried it again since. I got to that final "box" ramp and spent the majority of my half hour time limit trying to launch over it. I thought I'd be able to handle it after dealing with that exact same obstacle in Trials HD, but no such luck.

post #106 of 113 Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I got the achievement for doing one extreme track but I don't know about trying to get the achievement for all of them.
post #107 of 113 Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Nice. I only tried that level once, but it pissed me off so bad that I haven't tried it again since. I got to that final "box" ramp and spent the majority of my half hour time limit trying to launch over it. I thought I'd be able to handle it after dealing with that exact same obstacle in Trials HD, but no such luck.

The trick to the last jump is that you have to go backwards first onto the little wedge ramp and getting a running start up to the horrible box ramp. So, when you crash, don't just take off from the check point, you need to go backwards first, then jump to the gay ramp, then try to kind of hop the stupid box.

Can you tell how much I hated that stupid level?

I went from like 80 faults to 300 all on that stupid part...Now that I know the trick I think I could do the track in less than 50 faults on a good day...maybe.

My wife is actually the one that figured it out...She doesn't even play games and she was like "go backwards first then try it", and I was like "that's a horrible idea"...then it worked.

post #108 of 113 Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Finished all of the extreme tracks last night -- no desire to go back and improve my times/faults...They just aren't fun.

Now it's time to finish up the tourneys.

post #109 of 113 Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Finished all of the extreme tracks last night -- no desire to go back and improve my times/faults...They just aren't fun.

I'm not ashamed to admit that those last few extreme tracks broke my spirit. I stopped playing the game altogether after those bastards. I'll return at some point, but in the meantime I'm now caught up in Rocksmith.

post #110 of 113 Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:

I'm not ashamed to admit that those last few extreme tracks broke my spirit. I stopped playing the game altogether after those bastards. I'll return at some point, but in the meantime I'm now caught up in Rocksmith.

LOL, I totally get it.

It's been awhile since a game made me launch a controller and punch the couch, but a few of the extreme tracks made me lose it.

post #111 of 113 Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

I agree, extremes are heart breakers.

Inferno 3 is the only thing I've yet to complete in this game, besides the tourney it unlocks. I somehow banged three extreme tracks out in one sitting the other day but I didn't have the energy for the last one.

Golds on all tracks except extreme and some tourneys. Like usual, my best scores are on the medium-hard to hard tracks.

XBL: dibs ODDJOB
Wiii: Fibonacci-sequence-like numbers
post #112 of 113 Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 568
hope none of you were too attached to your high scores on the multiplayer boards... better record it or take a snapshot soon...

http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/vie...hp?f=84&t=9927

Attention Trials riders! We are releasing the first Title Update for Trials Evolution on Wednesday, May 30 at 2:00 AM PST (10:00 AM GMT). The Title Update addresses a number of important fixes, detailed below. You will need to accept the Title Update in order to remain connected to LIVE.

In addition to the Title Update, the Multiplayer Leaderboards will be reset approximately four hours after the Title Update is released. This reset does not affect Single Player Leaderboards, or Leaderboards tied to Player-Created tracks. It also does not affect your Multiplayer Rank (level) - that will remain unchanged.

The Title Update addresses the following issues:

Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues - addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
Multiplayer Stability issues - addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
General Stability - we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
Editor issues - a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
Scoring issues - a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
Track Central - a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the Ninja difficulty tag
Skill Games - adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes

We apologize for the Multiplayer Leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players, and we feel fair and valid Multiplayer Leaderboards are an integral part of the overall Trials experience.
post #113 of 113 Old 06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply Xbox Area