post #31 of 33 Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

All I get is the control panel and even that has no eject option when an HD DVD is in the drive. I also have it plugged into the back of my unit.

When your HD DVD drive is plugged to the console, does it make noise like it's trying to eject and retract the tray very quickly? You don't see the try moving, just the noise. One of my HD DVD drives became that way shortly after the kinect dashboard update last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

When your HD DVD drive is plugged to the console, does it make noise like it's trying to eject and retract the tray very quickly? You don't see the try moving, just the noise. One of my HD DVD drives became that way shortly after the kinect dashboard update last year.

No nothing, like I mentioned when I hit the Y button it brings up the controls ff/rw pause etc... If I hit the HD DVD blade with no disc it will eject the tray Y,B,X just brings up the controls.

post #33 of 33 Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I also have another HD DVD drive (yes I have several) that became undetectable on X360 or PC. I found one of the circuit board became loose inside the drive. Even after cleaned the connectors it still becomes disconnect every so often. Maybe you should open your HD DVD drive and reconnect the boards inside.

To open the HD DVD drive, pop the side cover off which is quite hard to do without breaking one of the plastic holder inside.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page