TV doesn't recognize Xbox 360. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Everything was working fine until I used the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle.
Now my TV doesn't recognize the Xbox anymore. I tried 3 different cables on 3 different HDMI ports to no avail. My Ps3 however is playing just fine on every port with any cable.
The xbox also works fine via AV output and is ALSO recognized via the HDMI port on another TV.

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-40U4000
Xbox: 60gb FAT HDMI, Newest Firmware

What I tried:
-Master Reset on TV.
-Reset on Xbox (hold Y+ RT thing).
-Changing the resoultion from 1080i to 1080p to Auto.
-Unplugging everything for hours.
-Turning the Xbox on first, then the TV and vice versa

I'm clueless... anyone got an idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 581
a similar thing happened to a friend. turned out to be a grounding issue and was a very common problem with his TV model (a Westinghouse). I think he had to constantly plug and unplug the HDMI cable from the TV (leaving the 360 end plugged into the 360) and plug it back in to get it to eventually work. He thought it was one port but once he switched to another HDMI port, it started happening there. He thought it was a 360 problem but that's because he mainly uses the 360. When he started using other devices in those ports (BluRay player, etc.), it would start to happen to them too.

In the end, he couldn't return the TV (Black Friday deal). The TV was otherwise great. So he ended up getting a component cable and forgetting about it.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
How long have they known each other...maybe dementia

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

a similar thing happened to a friend. turned out to be a grounding issue and was a very common problem with his TV model (a Westinghouse). I think he had to constantly plug and unplug the HDMI cable from the TV (leaving the 360 end plugged into the 360) and plug it back in to get it to eventually work. He thought it was one port but once he switched to another HDMI port, it started happening there. He thought it was a 360 problem but that's because he mainly uses the 360. When he started using other devices in those ports (BluRay player, etc.), it would start to happen to them too.

In the end, he couldn't return the TV (Black Friday deal). The TV was otherwise great. So he ended up getting a component cable and forgetting about it.

all other devices work flawlessly and immediatly. I even have both consoles on right next to each other and switch the same cable between them. PS3 instant picture, Xbox nothing.

I've heard about "handshaking" issue, but none of the solutions helped, so I'm quite clueless.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page