BrianBat420 made an interesting observation over in the "Big Boy" Next Generation Xbox thread. Towit: Launch titles always suck. The other thread has been 99.99999% focused on Next Generation Hardware ideas and themes. I for one would love to shift gears and talk more about the heart of our hobby. The Next Generation games themselves. By that I mean titles, themes, ideas, physics & technology, formats, convergence options...etc...etc...etc.
- Do we want to continue the episodic string of franchises from the XBox 360?
- Would we prefer fresh new directions
- which franchises do we want to see disappear with the XBox 360 genre. Or at worst continue to run in that format
- What PC classic franchises would we like to see resurrected in Next Gen
- Ditto with the Original XBox
- Was there any potential gaming theme which surprisingly didn't happen in this generation that we would like to see explored in Next Generation
These are just idea starters. Feel free to wade in with whatever tickles your fancy...as long as it is about GAMES on Next Generation XBox...and not the laborious console issues we have already beaten into submission.
In the launch phase...I would like to see the XBox team look backwards a little bit at first. Re-launch some gems that fully explores the strengths of the new console. Do a Halo 2 remake. Get Sierra to launch the King's Quest series. Re-do Advent Rising and complete the trilogy. Do Kameo right with Kinect. Create Dr. Who...the Game with Kinect. Could be interesting. Take on LEXX-"Tales From A Parallel Universe". Could be a blast! Do a whole Skyrim, Mass Effect type open world adventure about making America...where one can literally create the type of country they want...from 1776-2076. And I mean don't eliminate any sacred cow options...such as human rights, slavery, religion, suffrage, Indian Wars, Spanish Wars, World Wars, Industrialization, Technology Revolution, Globalization, the Cosmos. I'm talking an American version of Fable...on steroids. That's my starter kit.