AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Here's video of two upcoming tables running on the 360:

Cirqus Voltaire:

And the greatness that is Funhouse:

Keep in mind that Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness are already on other devices, so I'm guessing that they will be available as DLC before the above two. No dates announced yet.

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
yaya!!!!

Overall, the new Funhouse looks cool. But it seems darker than it should be. Maybe it was the recording process. But the contrast is pretty strong which makes it more vibrant.

I'm surprised they recorded such a low camera angle for the trailer for Circus Voltaire. Does anyone play pinball at that level? Maybe it makes the video look more exciting.
post #63 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

yaya!!!!

Overall, the new Funhouse looks cool. But it seems darker than it should be. Maybe it was the recording process. But the contrast is pretty strong which makes it more vibrant.

I'm surprised they recorded such a low camera angle for the trailer for Circus Voltaire. Does anyone play pinball at that level? Maybe it makes the video look more exciting.

I noticed that as well. On the CV, I kept thinking, "What the hell? Is there a baby playing?"
post #64 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm surprised they recorded such a low camera angle for the trailer for Circus Voltaire. Does anyone play pinball at that level?

Not me.

I can see why someone would, especially on a long table, but it feels very unnatural.

post #65 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was just playing some Pinball Arcade last night and noticed the angles used do seem to be just a little bit on the low side.

I hope that's not the case with the newer releases.

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #66 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

there is a camera button to change your view...
post #67 of 300 Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

there is a camera button to change your view...

I'm incredibly thankful for that. Some of the camera options are just plain silly.
post #68 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

OMG! they can secure the licenses for The Twilight Zone!!!! but there's a catch...

from the facebook page:

We have good news and bad news to report on the issue of licensed tables. We've finally succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we'd need to bring the Twilight Zone to the Pinball Arcade. This is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time (and is currently #1 in IPDB's user rankings). However the licenses are VEY expensive- so expensive that the table probably isn't commercially viable. Some of you have suggested a Kickstarter project to raise money for the license costs and we're considering this. We'd like to ask your opinion- is this a good idea? If we did it what should the rewards be for backers, and at what contribution levels? We'd appreciate your thoughts!

I may actually be contributing to Kickstarter for the first time ever...
post #69 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not a fan of "Twilight Zone." However, I'm not apposed to some kind of fund raiser to help with licensing costs.

$100 gets a coupon for the game (if it becomes available.)

$500 gets a coupon for the game (if it becomes available) and their name listed in the credits as a contributor.

$1000 gets a coupon for the game (if it becomes available,) their name listed in the credits, a Blu-ray copy of "Special When Lit" and a limited edition TZ Cap/T-shirt etc.

$5000 gets a coupon for the game (if it becomes available,) their name listed in the credits, a Blu-ray copy of "Special When Lit," a limited edition TZ Cap/T-shirt etc and a free trip to meet with the developers and tour the facility.

$10,000 or more, all the above including a personal appearance for the official TZ promotional material (videos and/or print media.)

$25,000 or more, all the above including their very own real life TZ pinball machine.

I'd still like to see "Spirit of 76" get the Pinball Arcade treatment.

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #70 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'd assist with a Twilight Zone Kickstarter!!! But I'm curious as to how expensive the goal would be - I know music licensing ain't cheep.

EDIT: CBS still owns the rights to the Twilight Zone. I have a feeling usage rights would be mega $$$$.

post #71 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Makes one wonder what the licenses are doing right now, that a few thousand dollars up front and residuals can't acquire them...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #72 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

the only thing I worry about with this is it kind of opens Pandora's box. this means that license holders can hold out for extravagant amounts if they know that people will fork it over. Artful negotiation comes from the unknown. If you already tip your hand, you already are going to lose.

And if let's say they start a Kickstarter for this table. Does that mean the owners of STNG will hold out for Kickstarter numbers as well? Terminator 2? Will every table end up costing $15-25 individually?

I know FarSight is trying to act like and side with the fans. But open negotiation doesn't usually end well. And if things fall through, FarSight comes out looking really bad. At least behind closed doors, if the licenses fell through, no one would know the better of it.
post #73 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And if let's say they start a Kickstarter for this table. Does that mean the owners of STNG will hold out for Kickstarter numbers as well? Terminator 2?

Only if it's allowed to happen. Even if they charged a lot more for certain games, would enough people buy into it to make it worth the initial investment?

post #74 of 300 Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the only thing I worry about with this is it kind of opens Pandora's box. this means that license holders can hold out for extravagant amounts if they know that people will fork it over.

That's exactly what it's about because we do live in a capitalistic society. If it's not worth the price they are asking for, they won't get it. If the licences are good enough and the investors want to take that gamble, it could be worth the risk, or they loose everything.

If there was no risk, there would be very little innovation. Without innovation, there would be no reward.

post #75 of 300 Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 138
For me personally, there really aren't any other licensed tables that I'd pay extra for other than Addams Family and Twilight Zone, so I don't know that I see it as much of a problem.

I guess maybe the Terminator 2 one, but that's probably a stretch that I'd care that much about that.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #76 of 300 Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Liked: 20
I would definitely contribute to a Kickstarter for "The Addams Family". Even though Twilight Zone is technically higher rated, I never had access to one when I was younger and really into pinball, so it doesn't have the same "memory lane" thing going for it.

post #77 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Spotted over in the the PS3 thread, the Twilight Zone Kickstarter campaign is happening. The goal is to raise $55,000. But, of course, if they don't reach that goal, we aren't out any money.

The bad news - apparently Microsoft doesn't allow DLC codes to be given as a reward. I certainly won't mind paying another $10 if it gets funded, and can use the reward on the PS3/Vita version.

post #78 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Spotted over in the the PS3 thread, the Twilight Zone Kickstarter campaign is happening. The goal is to raise $55,000. But, of course, if they don't reach that goal, we aren't out any money.

The bad news - apparently Microsoft doesn't allow DLC codes to be given as a reward. I certainly won't mind paying another $10 if it gets funded, and can use the reward on the PS3/Vita version.

they said at that link that $55K is just the licenses and doesn't include any development costs. are they saying that the kickstarter is just covering the licenses and they'll cover the development costs?

and what the heck does this mean?

Will the Twilight Zone table be available on the Xbox 360?

We will definitely release the table on the 360- we just can't give it to anyone as a reward for being a backer. The codes that Microsoft issues us only work for purchasing the main game, not for downloadable content.

So does this mean there's no point in a 360 owner contributing? Why don't 360 owners just wait for PS3, Wii, iOS, Android, etc. fans pay for the kickstarter and then just wait for the tables?

And then another $55K for Star Trek TNG?

How much more would have to be raised to digitize Star Trek: The Next Generation?
We would love to do the Star Trek: The Next Generation table! We know we can get the licenses because they are both CBS properties.The cost of the licenses would be similar to the Twilight Zone (so an additional $55,000).
post #79 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So does this mean there's no point in a 360 owner contributing?

If you want to play the table, you can contribute - just that there's no reward to 360 owners for doing so.

Also, you don't have to contribute any set amount - a buck or so will still show support and would help. If it doesn't get fully funded, nobody's out anything.

post #80 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought with most Kickstarter programs, there are suggested donation tiers.

You pay this amount, you get the game. You pay this amount, you get the game and something autographed. You pay this amount, you get the game, something autographed, and some DLC.
post #81 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought with most Kickstarter programs, there are suggested donation tiers.

You pay this amount, you get the game. You pay this amount, you get the game and something autographed. You pay this amount, you get the game, something autographed, and some DLC.

Yes, there are suggested tiers with rewards. Or one can contribute anything with no rewards, just help the project.

post #82 of 300 Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 PM

I just donated $100. I said earlier I was only in for big dollars if they do the same for The Addams Family... but that video at the top of the page really convinced me that The Twilight Zone is worthy of this if for no other reason... to preserve it.

Of course if they do end up with a Kickstarter for The Addams Family, I'll be in for at least $100 then too.

I am also hoping they do far exceed the $55K goal because I did play quite a bit of Star Trek: The Next Generation pinball, and that is a fantastic table.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-twilight-zone

post #83 of 300 Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I put in $15 myself. I can't help but think the second reward tier is a little too high though; I'd have put in $50 to get it on every platform (and honestly, it's not like I'd have it on too many things, just Android, and most likely PC when that comes out), but $100 is a little too high for me, especially since I'd have to pay for it on the 360 on top of that.

post #84 of 300 Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I put in $15 myself. I can't help but think the second reward tier is a little too high though

Agree - a lot of people are mentioning this. I'll bet they'll add a reward between $10 and $100 at some point. Maybe a $25 level for a Xbox code for the main game (4 tables) that users can gift? That seems like a lot of people would jump on that. I'm just throwing that out as something that would make sense.

I'm still not sure why MS won't allow DLC gifts?

EDIT UPDATE: They did indeed add a reward for a $25 pledge - a Twilight Zone-themed custom ball that will be selectable from within the Arcade which can be used on any of the tables.

post #85 of 300 Old 05-19-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

From Farsight email newsletter:

"Add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness™ and Bride of PinBot™ as well as add-on pack #2: Circus Voltaire and Funhouse are currently in submission and will be released in June in North America for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. "

post #86 of 300 Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A little semi-OT (at least to the 360) post to bump the thread.

I played the 4 add-on tables on iPad (free trial), and they are all great. Circus Voltaire is a freakin' BLAST, and of course Funhouse was a fav from Hall of Fame, so I bought that 2-pack to play on iPad/iPod Touch. Bride of Pinbot is pretty cool too - a unique table layout and the flipping bride's face is a fun way to start multi-ball. I'm looking forward to playing that one some more. Medieval Madness is a classic; not much needs to be said there.

The tables on the 3rd gen iPad look so good on the retina display, and holding in portrait mode gives a good top to bottom view of the table. This view is great for pinball. But, of course, I really wish there was real buttons and not touch-control on the iPad. Real button controls are necessary with pinball games. The Vita version is nice with it's OLED screen and L-R triggers, but that big iPad retina screen... holy crap. Couldn't resist.

btw, if you have Netflix streaming, be sure to watch a doc called "Special When Lit".

post #87 of 300 Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

A little semi-OT (at least to the 360) post to bump the thread.

I played the 4 add-on tables on iPad (free trial), and they are all great. Circus Voltaire is a freakin' BLAST, and of course Funhouse was a fav from Hall of Fame, so I bought that 2-pack to play on iPad/iPod Touch. Bride of Pinbot is pretty cool too - a unique table layout and the flipping bride's face is a fun way to start multi-ball. I'm looking forward to playing that one some more. Medieval Madness is a classic; not much needs to be said there.

The tables on the 3rd gen iPad look so good on the retina display, and holding in portrait mode gives a good top to bottom view of the table. This view is great for pinball. But, of course, I really wish there was real buttons and not touch-control on the iPad. Real button controls are necessary with pinball games. The Vita version is nice with it's OLED screen and L-R triggers, but that big iPad retina screen... holy crap. Couldn't resist.

btw, if you have Netflix streaming, be sure to watch a doc called "Special When Lit".

Yeah, my other issue playing it on an Android tablet is that the nudging via shake isn't sensitive enough, but trying to reach the top quadrants of the screen to do it is a bit of a reach.

Haven't seen that documentary, but there's a good one I watched a few years back called "Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball" (I've also seen the name as "The Future of Pinball".

post #88 of 300 Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

OT: people playing on ios what is your gamecenter tag? i am leff4

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #89 of 300 Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

"We've set up a Kickstarter project for the Twilight Zone (just the licenses, not the development costs- we'll cover all of those ourselves). If we can raise enough money through Kickstarter we'll be able to digitize the Twilight Zone and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don't reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more than our goal we'll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well (like Star Trek: The Next Generation!) "

So I guess the true goal is to raise $110K in 30 days... What's it at now?
post #90 of 300 Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I guess the true goal is to raise $110K in 30 days... What's it at now?

Currently at +$32k, with 26 days to go.

They should have no problem with $55k. And I would think they would do a separate Kickstarter for the Star Trek table. Hopefully they will go over on TZ and use the extra toward Trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

OT: people playing on ios what is your gamecenter tag? i am leff4

Gamecenter = DaverJ Although I don't think Pinball Arcade supports Gamecenter?

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page