post #181 of 300 Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Only like the 1960s television show, but I hope it's The Addams Family. I thought the table was fun (Although a bit overrated perhaps).

I thought it was fashioned after the 1991 movie "The Addams Family" not the 1960s TV show.

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 300 Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

Post Processing Off
7383429604_207b9a2d31_o.jpg
Post Processing On
7383429090_eba536a0b1_o.jpg

I guess "on" means it's darker...and yes, I think that does look better...and actually, much more natural. The brighter light and brighter color makes it look too video gamish. Anything they can do to help make the game not only play realistically, it's also great they can make the lighting (or the look of the game) look real too.

Though it's hard to tell if it's a natural rendition of the game without comparing it to the real pinball machine itself.

Is this game available for the Xbox? And is the lighting feature also available for the Xbox?

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #183 of 300 Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
honestly, the bottom picture looks like the life was just drained from it... maybe it looks better animated than in screenshots.
post #184 of 300 Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 198
To me, the top picture looks much more real compared to how I remember brightly lit and colorful pinball tables looking than the bottom.

It's perhaps a bit too far, but the bottom picture is missing the mark by a far wider margin in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

I thought it was fashioned after the 1991 movie "The Addams Family" not the 1960s TV show.

Hence why I mentioned that even though I don't like the movie, I'd still like to see it be released just the same. smile.gif
post #185 of 300 Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Next table pack announced on Facebook:

We’re excited to announce that the new July tables for the Pinball Arcade will be Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight!

Creature from the Black Lagoon was designed by John Trudeau (a.k.a. “Dr. Flash”) and released by Midway under the Bally brand in 1992. It combines the excitement of Universal’s classic monster flick with the fun of a drive-in movie date, and features a holographic “creature” set in the middle of the playfield that lights up and waves its hand back and forth during multiball play. This table is currently #17 on Pinside’s list of the top tables of all time!

Black Knight is a Steve Richie-designed table released by Williams in 1980. This classic table featured the first-ever two-level playfield, and also the first use of “Magna-Save” (a patented feature in which a player-controlled magnet is used to prevent outlane drains). It’s a true classic!

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #186 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess it's been pushed to August or September?

post #187 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 AM

Liked: 11
I recently got that update on my HTC Rezound.

Besides The Addams Family Creature From The Black Lagoon is my favorite table.

I would like to see them eventually do The Addams Family Gold edition since I doubt that I'll ever see one of thoe machines in person let alone play it..
post #188 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post

I guess it's been pushed to August or September?

Some vague news from Facebook:

We would appreciate just a little more patience by our Xbox 360 players. We know how frustrated you guys are. We are very disappointed that the add-on content has not been made available yet. Add-on packs 1 and 2 were approved in May while the title update was in submission. Microsoft has not answered us yet as to why you cannot purchase this DLC.

The update to the launch tables is also on hold for a few more days, but it should be released by Thursday at the latest.

Unfortunately, we can not go into more details about the cause of these delays and all of the issues in getting Tuesday's title update approved. Technically, FarSight is not the publisher on Xbox. This and our NDA with Microsoft has a developer limits what we can say publicly. We are, however, doing our best to get the game released as soon as possible.

post #189 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Black Lagoon first impression: meh. Probably just me but I seem to have have problems seeing whats going on when tables are covered with so many "see through" ramps. I'll keep trying maybe familiarity will help.

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #190 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

Black Lagoon first impression: meh. Probably just me but I seem to have have problems seeing whats going on when tables are covered with so many "see through" ramps. I'll keep trying maybe familiarity will help.

I suspect that the size of the screen of the device you're playing on does make it harder to see the ball. On a real machine I definitely have no trouble seeing the ball.
post #191 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

just posted on Facebook:

Brace for it 360 players - add-on packs 1 and 2 should be released today!

The update for the launch tables is schedule for August 2nd.

post #192 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

just posted on Facebook:
Brace for it 360 players - add-on packs 1 and 2 should be released today!
The update for the launch tables is schedule for August 2nd.

Awesome. I'll check that out today before I play me some Halo Reach.
post #193 of 300 Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

is there no way to demo the new tables? that's a good thing in favor of Pinball FX2.

anyway, I made the jump for Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse. Wow! Cirqus Voltaire looks amazing! I've never played this table before and it was a lot of fun.

Funhouse was as fun as ever. Definitely like the improvements in the look of the table. Sound? I could swear it actually sounds worse than Pinball Hall of Fame but it's been a very long time so I have to go back to that one to see if my memory's correct. Somehow I swear the table was easier in PHoF than in PA but that may be because it's been so long. Not that it was hard in PA but I could definitely get the guy to swallow the ball more easily in PHoF.

I wasn't able to download the update for the original tables but that makes sense since it's listed for August 2.
post #194 of 300 Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

is there no way to demo the new tables? that's a good thing in favor of Pinball FX2.
anyway, I made the jump for Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse. Wow! Cirqus Voltaire looks amazing! I've never played this table before and it was a lot of fun.
Funhouse was as fun as ever. Definitely like the improvements in the look of the table. Sound? I could swear it actually sounds worse than Pinball Hall of Fame but it's been a very long time so I have to go back to that one to see if my memory's correct. Somehow I swear the table was easier in PHoF than in PA but that may be because it's been so long. Not that it was hard in PA but I could definitely get the guy to swallow the ball more easily in PHoF.
I wasn't able to download the update for the original tables but that makes sense since it's listed for August 2.

It could be that PA is more true to the original table since they go so far as to take them apart to get everything just right.
post #195 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Liked: 16
August tables: Taxi and an unannounced Stern driving themed table. NASCAR perhaps?

tum
post #196 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post

August tables: Taxi and an unannounced Stern driving themed table. NASCAR perhaps?
tum

I doubt it's NASCAR because of the licensing. Maybe Banzai Run...? That table would be tricky because of the backplate playfield, but Circus Voltaire has something similar so it's not impossible. Also, Taxi and Banzai came out around the same time from the same company, which isn't how PA has done 2 packs in the past.

Still couldn't update the original 4 tables last night. I know they said it would be available on the 2nd, but it's strange to get a prompt saying there's an update available, watch a status bar as what appears to be an update downloads, then get a message saying it couldn't install the update. confused.gif If this was a PC I wouldn't be surprised, but generally the 360 doesn't give false update downloads, or at least any I've experienced.

Ah well, this oddity should be a moot point today. So good to be playing Funhouse on the 360! cool.gif

post #197 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Liked: 16
Hmmm So maybe I shouldn't have posted in this sub-forum. I don't even have the game for 360 but this is the area I frequent the most (I have it in iOS). If not NASCAR, then perhaps Grand Prix. Or whatever stern title gets your motor running.
post #198 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

alright, got finished making some 720P vids showing off the spanking new packs:

Note: I just uploaded them so Youtube is still doing some processing so quality should be slightly better in a couple of hours. And also note that the game and videos were originally 60 fps but Youtube automatically converts all content to 30 fps so animation suffers.
0:57 start of gameplay
0:44 start of gameplay
1:02 start of gameplay
0:43 start of gameplay

To have some fun, I also made comparison vids (for the caveats, see the video's descriptions):
post #199 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I can't remember, was High Speed 2: The Getaway a Stern game?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #200 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I can't remember, was High Speed 2: The Getaway a Stern game?

according to The Internet Pinball Database (http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl), it's from Williams...

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1000

The Getaway: High Speed II / IPD No. 1000 / February 02, 1992 / 4 Players
[ Submit Changes ]
Average Fun Rating: 8.1/10 (196 ratings/148 comments) [ Add Your Rating! ]
Manufacturer: Williams Electronic Games, Incorporated, a subsidiary of WMS Ind.,
Incorporated (1985-1999) [Trade Name: Williams]
Model Number: 50004
Common Abbreviations: HS2, HSII
MPU: Williams WPC (Fliptronics 2)
Type: Solid State Electronic (SS)
Production: 13,259 units (confirmed)

does anyone know what this update to the original tables actually does? I applied the update and the tables seem the same. Everything seems the same. Do I have to quit back to dash and reload?

*edit* alright, I quit back to the dash and then relaunched it and now I notice changes such as more flexibility with the camera angle on the plunger. so If the game still looks the same after applying the patch, restart everything.
post #201 of 300 Old 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

haha... DLC packs 1 and 2 just arrived and they released a trailer for the DLC pack 3 for the 360...

Monster Bash looks good (never played it)... but man, it sucks to have to get Gorgar, easily my least liked PHoF table...
post #202 of 300 Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

alright, got finished making some 720P vids showing off the spanking new packs:
Note: I just uploaded them so Youtube is still doing some processing so quality should be slightly better in a couple of hours. And also note that the game and videos were originally 60 fps but Youtube automatically converts all content to 30 fps so animation suffers.

None of the videos show up on my browser IE9.

post #203 of 300 Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

maybe you have some kind of blocker? I see the vids on all 3 major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE9).
post #204 of 300 Old 08-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Liked: 20
Loving the new tables!!

post #205 of 300 Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's a peek of Table Pack #4 running on the 360.

I like that the Black Knight table shows which ball is in play in the lower left of the screen - do any of the other tables have this feature?

post #206 of 300 Old 08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

the black lagoon table looks fantastic...

in terms of the Black Knights comment, I'm pretty sure that number in the circle refers to the camera angle chosen, not what ball is in play. All the tables show it like this rather than no text description which baffled me for the initial release of Pinball Arcade.

Heck, the caption labeling for Pinball Hall of Fame was very descript and much better.
post #207 of 300 Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

maybe you have some kind of blocker? I see the vids on all 3 major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE9).

Yep, that's what it is. When I turn it off, the videos show.

post #208 of 300 Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Posted on Facebook:

Hi Xbox 360 fans! Table Pack 3 with Monster Bash and Gorgar was released earlier today. Monster Bash was designed by George Gomez. The goal of the table is to get six of the most iconic Universal Studios Monsters® to form a band the likes of which has never been seen! If you can dig out the Mummy, he'll dust himself off and plug in his bass. With the help of the PHANTOM FLIP auto-play feature, you can let go of the flippers and watch the game complete your shots!

Gorgar was designed by Barry Oursler. Gorgar was the very first “talking” pinball machine. With a vocabulary of seven words (Gorgar, Speaks, Beat, Me, You, Hurt, and Got), Gorgar is able to say phrases such as “Gorgar speaks”, “Me Gorgar, beat me”, and “You hurt Gorgar”. It has a magnetic Snake Pit that holds your ball captive as he thunders, “Me got you”.

Microsoft is working on fixing the leaderboards.

post #209 of 300 Old 08-14-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

woohoo!!! now I qualify easily for the August Rewards promotion (spend 1600 MS points on sports-related titles and DLC and get back 240 points). strangely, they included Pinball Arcade on the list of sports titles.
post #210 of 300 Old 08-14-2012, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Gah! I looks like Table Pack #3 was pulled from MS a couple hours ago. mad.gif Maybe it wasn't supposed to be out 'till tomorrow, because Wednesday is usually when new titles come out? confused.gif

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page