Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 112 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 4672 Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
He was one of the few things that movie had going for it, but I'm not much of a Cage fan either.

He was also a voice in Mercenaries 2. Not sure if you ever played that, it was much inferior to its predecesor but still fun. Mercenaries was like a fun version of GTA... you get all the open world fun, contract kills, and exploration with plenty of weapons but also destructible enviro's, jacking tanks, choppers, etc., and a kickass variety of airstrikes to call in at-will. Too bad they have not done anything more with that franchise, it was really fun.

Loved Mercenaries and still have Merc 2 but agree the first one was better. I also wish they'd kept the series going and had done more to implement multiplayer. Its the only third person shooter I've really enjoyed.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 4672 Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My "b.s." kill on Blowfish at the end of this sequence. Launched a hunter killer and still had time to draw and kill.
If anything it proves that 1. I had lag advantage, and 2. the FAL is a beast.
post #3333 of 4672 Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Seems the EMP did slight damage. Which is why it really only took 1-2 shots to kill.
post #3334 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

My "b.s." kill on Blowfish at the end of this sequence. Launched a hunter killer and still had time to draw and kill.

Good video ha-ha.

You know what I see at the end? Is that BS when you are aiming and shooting at someone and it will literally move your bullet spray off of them. I've had that happen so many times (and someone posted a video on this before - jblank I believe). You'll fire first and your spray will literally start straight at them only to sway to one side, as if they have a force field around them.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3335 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
SWAT sucks. It's the worst assault rifle in the game. It's so bad, I am having to play HC to get kills with it so I can unlock select fire. Otherwise, I have no shot at getting headshots with this rifle in core mode. All the ther rifles worked just fine but wow! the bullet coming out of this rifle seems to evaporate as soon as it exits the barrel. lol!!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #3336 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

SWAT sucks. It's the worst assault rifle in the game. It's so bad, I am having to play HC to get kills with it so I can unlock select fire. Otherwise, I have no shot at getting headshots with this rifle in core mode. All the ther rifles worked just fine but wow! the bullet coming out of this rifle seems to evaporate as soon as it exits the barrel. lol!!

I had the opposite experience with the SWAT, in fact it was my go-to assault rifle for a long time and the first one I maxed out. Of course I always used select fire once it was available.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #3337 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Hmm, same here. LOVE the SWAT!! Select fire or burst, reminds me of the M-16 from BLOPS.

So after getting killed by some partied teams and Chas last night and not being able to get in a match way too often; I played a few solo games of HCKC. First game after leaving the party: 31-10 with my no perk, no attachment SWAT grinding the CAMO challenges. rolleyes.gif Suuuuuuuurrrre there's no advantage...

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #3338 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Hmm, same here. LOVE the SWAT!! Select fire or burst, reminds me of the M-16 from BLOPS.

So after getting killed by some partied teams and Chas last night and not being able to get in a match way too often; I played a few solo games of HCKC. First game after leaving the party: 31-10 with my no perk, no attachment SWAT grinding the CAMO challenges. rolleyes.gif Suuuuuuuurrrre there's no advantage...

Yeah, that's what I am saying though. It works great in HC mode. Also, why I am having to play HC mode with to unlock select fire so I can start working on the headshot challenge. FAL full-auto is my favorite. SMR comes in 2nd and then SCAR-H. These 3 rifles are always on beast mode.

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #3339 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

The frustrating thing for me on this was that I got hit markers on every bullet I fired and he fired 1 shot and killed me (this was not HC).

This kind of stuff happens to me a lot on this game. Not sure if its my wonderful Comcrap BLAST service or what but quite often clearly have the drop on someone and all my bullets hit and bang they drop me anyway. This particularly happens when playing against Conman and especially Buc. They are tremendous players compared to me but there have been plenty of times where I definitely had them and I am the one who dies.

It sucks big time but I have accepted it as part of the game and move on.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #3340 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Yeah, that's what I am saying though. It works great in HC mode. Also, why I am having to play HC mode with to unlock select fire so I can start working on the headshot challenge. FAL full-auto is my favorite. SMR comes in 2nd and then SCAR-H. These 3 rifles are always on beast mode.

I actually prefer SMR in semi-auto. I unlocked select fire and only used it for one match. I guess I got so used to using the FAL and then the SMR back to back that I just like the semi-auto now.
post #3341 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
I don't really like any AR vs SMGs. Even the worst SMG still have the advantage over the best AR.

More of a player preference vs fact. But basically anyone who runs around the map should use an SMG.
post #3342 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I don't really like any AR vs SMGs. Even the worst SMG still have the advantage over the best AR.

More of a player preference vs fact. But basically anyone who runs around the map should use an SMG.

I kinda disagree but like you said, it's player preference.

In this game, the weapons do work as intended. SMGs jump around way too much when trying to hit a target medium to long range but they are really good close range. I found it's really easy to get bloodthirsty with SMGs because I am able to move/strafe quicker with them and take down multiple targets VS. assault rifles. Although, I have spent majority of the time using assault rifles and they are perfect for those that play offense and defense. They are great for medium and long range, I have even sniped with them with short burst. I gotta say though, FAL in full-auto is pretty hard to beat.

post #3343 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

The frustrating thing for me on this was that I got hit markers on every bullet I fired and he fired 1 shot and killed me (this was not HC).

This kind of stuff happens to me a lot on this game. Not sure if its my wonderful Comcrap BLAST service or what but quite often clearly have the drop on someone and all my bullets hit and bang they drop me anyway. This particularly happens when playing against Conman and especially Buc. They are tremendous players compared to me but there have been plenty of times where I definitely had them and I am the one who dies.

It sucks big time but I have accepted it as part of the game and move on.

Greg
I was playing with Jammy for a bit yesterday and there was either no lag or we had the advantage. The times we lost it was because the other team spent too much time in the house playing video games tongue.gifwink.gif That video was a prefect example of the BS I feel to be on the wrong side of most of the time... maybe connecting with Jammy is my ticket to a lag free experience.... hmmm.

And now a dose of daily education for you firearm n00bs! When complaining about the lag the correct terminology should be used... unless you are playing WaW wink.gif

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #3344 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I kind of have to disagree. The SCAR and Type 25 serve me quite well and I do move around a lot. Now, if I was one of these people that is CONSTANTLY rushing, then sure, you want as much movement as possible, but I use Perk 1 Greed and have Hardline and Lightweight on and did well with both weapons. The SCAR in particular is quite potent, especially with a suppressor to remove the muzzle flash. Oddly enough, though I play the same way, regardless of the gun, the weapon I have the highest KDR on (that I have used a decent amount) is the QBB LSW LMG. For me at least, one of the positives of Black Ops II is that you truly can play a "movement style" of gameplay, and use virtually anything, successfully. A case could probably be made it is TOO easy to move around and get kills because too many snipers are able to do so, and maintain a high level of effectiveness. For MW4, I REALLY hope they go back to making sniper rifles take more skill to use and increase the recoil of them. MW3 did a great job of balancing out the sniper rifles but BLOPS II has made them too easy to use, particularly in terms of recoil.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3345 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I kinda disagree but like you said, it's player preference.

In this game, the weapons do work as intended. SMGs jump around way too much when trying to hit a target medium to long range but they are really good close range. I found it's really easy to get bloodthirsty with SMGs because I am able to move/strafe quicker with them and take down multiple targets VS. assault rifles. Although, I have spent majority of the time using assault rifles and they are perfect for those that play offense and defense. They are great for medium and long range, I have even sniped with them with short burst. I gotta say though, FAL in full-auto is pretty hard to beat.

Have you tried the SCAR? To me, the SCAR is better than the FAL on full-auto, as it seems a bit easier to control AND has a faster fire rate. Gets a lot of headshots too. smile.gif

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3346 of 4672 Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Have you tried the SCAR? To me, the SCAR is better than the FAL on full-auto, as it seems a bit easier to control AND has a faster fire rate. Gets a lot of headshots too. smile.gif

Yes! SCAR is my favorite too. I can remember one Domination game in Aftermath where I absolutely destroyed the other team. I pretty much patrolled B with my SCAR and I had Tac insert near B so I can rush back to that area when I died.

post #3347 of 4672 Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Finished the SWAT up last night. I have the MTAR, SCAR and SMR left to finish. I only had the MTAR opened up so I started on that one. I could not stand it when I first started with it but it is growing on me just a tiny bit. I have been using it exclusively in HC so that is probably why I am not hating it right now. I am up to 45 head shots so not too bad.

post #3348 of 4672 Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Liked: 10
I got my gold QBB today. I think I'm going to try for Diamond LMGs because I don't see anybody with them. See lots of diamond SMGs and Snipers, the occasional diamond AR but I have yet to see a diamond LMG.
post #3349 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Finished the SWAT up last night. I have the MTAR, SCAR and SMR left to finish. I only had the MTAR opened up so I started on that one. I could not stand it when I first started with it but it is growing on me just a tiny bit. I have been using it exclusively in HC so that is probably why I am not hating it right now. I am up to 45 head shots so not too bad.

Looks like we're swapping places. I finished the MTAR last night and am moving on to the SWAT next. The MTAR wasn't bad at all.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #3350 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
I almost have the diamond camos for all the launchers the only single thing I am missing is the one for the lock on only launcher (that can only shoot down things). It says you have to shoot down player controlled aircraft 10 times. I only have 4. In all my gaming I rarely, rarely see anyone doing a scorestreak that they have to control, all my 4 have come from that little drone you fly around, other then that, I never see lode stars in this game, etc. Taking forever.

On another note, played a game last night where the other team got the K-9 unit and he didn't get a single kill with it. We all stayed on the one side of Nuketown and when the dogs would come to us we would shoot them. Got us a ton of XP for doing it. We dropped behind in the objective (hardpoint) but was able to quickly make that up as all the kills helped our scorestreaks.

post #3351 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Since the MTAR is open right away, I switched over to the SCAR after hitting level 40. It's taking me a while to get used to it. I just put the grip on it so hopefully that will help with the recoil.

Still just need a triple kill with the RPG to open up Diamond for the launchers. I am running it on every class and just hoping I luck into it sometime soon.

post #3352 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I almost have the diamond camos for all the launchers the only single thing I am missing is the one for the lock on only launcher (that can only shoot down things). It says you have to shoot down player controlled aircraft 10 times. I only have 4. In all my gaming I rarely, rarely see anyone doing a scorestreak that they have to control, all my 4 have come from that little drone you fly around, other then that, I never see lode stars in this game, etc. Taking forever.

On another note, played a game last night where the other team got the K-9 unit and he didn't get a single kill with it. We all stayed on the one side of Nuketown and when the dogs would come to us we would shoot them. Got us a ton of XP for doing it. We dropped behind in the objective (hardpoint) but was able to quickly make that up as all the kills helped our scorestreaks.

Play Groundwars and when Domination comes up, you will see a lot more scorestreaks going up. As long as the challenge doesn't saw they have to be all from a single match then I am screwed. lol! I found myself competing with teammates with the SMAW where I had to take down 5 aircrafts in a single match.

post #3353 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I played HC mode some more last night and unlocked Select Fire for SWAT and now the headshots are rolling in. This rifle is not powerfull at all and Full-Auto is good for headshots but in close range. I will be super happy once I get the Gold camo for this rifle so I will never have to use it again.

post #3354 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Join our game in progress and we will run lodestar/vtol and pretty good chance you'll have stuff to shoot down

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #3355 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Join our game in progress and we will run lodestar/vtol and pretty good chance you'll have stuff to shoot down

Let me get in on that too =p

post #3356 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Stumbled upon this video last night...

"He's the freeze killer!"

And then there's elpresador's version (watch this part at 5:10ish, unreal!)
RKRocha likes this.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3357 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

Stumbled upon this video last night...

"He's the freeze killer!"

And then there's elpresador's version (watch this part at 5:10ish, unreal!)

Wow! that's crazy!! That player should be banned from XBL forever. Also, it's not the games fault if the player is using lag switch.

post #3358 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Agree. A permanent ban should be his reward for doing this kind of stuff.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3359 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

From the comments section on the first video:
Quote:

SneakyMeee 11 hours ago

i just looked this blackwidow fuze guy up on elite and it looks like he got banned or at the very least his stats were reset so all is well my friend! hoping my channel grows to half of what yours is someday, cheers!

Reply · Vote UpVote Down

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3360 of 4672 Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
He's definitely mad bro.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Reply Xbox Area

Tags