Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3781 of 4672 Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I went ahead and bought a wired Xbox controller from BB today. Hopefully the mic input works with my tritton headset. The other controller may have issues with the mic port that's why I unplugged it. SCUF ain't happening especially with the new system coming out. Not that big of a fan to spent half the price of a system for a regular controller with extra buttons.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 4672 Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Brain dead. Nothing but brain dead players. I just had to rage quit a game that we were winning because I watched 3 of my teammates watching capping an enemy flag on my own. Then, getting killed by an enemy from the back over and over because my teammates couldn't figure out if the red name is friend or foe. So, rather than breaking my controller, I just left. I don't know how those awesome game play videos are ever possible but I call shenanigans.

Oh and it was so bad that when I called in my VSAT, I got 2 maybe 3 VSAT assists. I have yet to see the points scrolling down my screen like a slot machine.

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #3783 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Brain dead. Nothing but brain dead players. I just had to rage quit a game that we were winning because I watched 3 of my teammates watching capping an enemy flag on my own. Then, getting killed by an enemy from the back over and over because my teammates couldn't figure out if the red name is friend or foe. So, rather than breaking my controller, I just left. I don't know how those awesome game play videos are ever possible but I call shenanigans.

Oh and it was so bad that when I called in my VSAT, I got 2 maybe 3 VSAT assists. I have yet to see the points scrolling down my screen like a slot machine.

Jitu, you need a few games like this biggrin.gif

In all honesty, if you're playing with randoms do you generally stay in one place or run around? Are you playing mostly Core? If you're this frustrated I'd recommend you play HC for awhile, as there is far less BS moments where you feel like breaking your controller.

And being on a good team makes all the difference when you've got something like a VSAT up. In the few instances I've played with randoms over the last week I've seen a lot of boosters and/or guys worrying more about their obnoxious K/D's than playing the objective. There's a few different squads I run around with now that basically have 3-4 VSAT's up a match. And if you really want to have some fun, try using the tac insert, since I started using that my SPM has gone back up to the 515-520 range.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3784 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

In all honesty, if you're playing with randoms do you generally stay in one place or run around? Are you playing mostly Core? If you're this frustrated I'd recommend you play HC for awhile, as there is far less BS moments where you feel like breaking your controller.

And being on a good team makes all the difference when you've got something like a VSAT up. In the few instances I've played with randoms over the last week I've seen a lot of boosters and/or guys worrying more about their obnoxious K/D's than playing the objective. There's a few different squads I run around with now that basically have 3-4 VSAT's up a match. And if you really want to have some fun, try using the tac insert, since I started using that my SPM has gone back up to the 515-520 range.

how are you using the tac insert?? meaning what is strategy for where to place it??
post #3785 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

how are you using the tac insert?? meaning what is strategy for where to place it??

You want to place it just around the corner from the objective. You cant leave it in sight or theyll destroy it or waste you as soon as you respawn. So when you die, respawn immediately, place it again, come around the corner and kill the guy who killed you. Your K/D will go down cause you're always in the middle of the ****, but you'll rack up points faster. Just keep pressure on the objective.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3786 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

Depends on the map really. As a rule of thumb I'll try and get as close to their spawn, or at least put it in an area where I know there will be a high level of traffic. Take Slums as an example, I'll generally lay it down in the blue house if they're spawning from below, or I'll try and get down to that little room area where they come up the alley and sit behind the crate. If I can get it in that area, odds are that I'll kill almost the entire team in a few seconds (or at least until the spawn is flipped, which all I do is pick the tac up and move it to the garage area, preferably the outside little alley way). There's a guy I play with who has a SPM of 630ish and 2.0 K/D (overall he's 400 in the game for total points) and he runs exclusively with the tac.

Try UAV/Counter UAV/VSAT and you'll score really high. And don't forget, in HCKC you basically have a headstart on your killstreaks when you're able to grab your own tags because your tac is right around the corner. I can't tell you how many times I'll respawn knowing where the guy is that just killed me and he's got no idea I've got the tac around the bend. I'll kill him and grab my own tag which almost puts me at the UAV point wise.

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3787 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I play mostly Core and I run around but I don't run around aimlessly either. When I see my teammates around me on the mini map, I position myself so I don't get killed from behind but like I said, my teammates generally just don't pay attention. I went on to play League mode last night and guess what? It was just as bad there too! nobody communicated and they just did whatever they felt like doing.

Played with Sage and Goldmember last night and it was fun and one clan was talking trash after they beat us one game and then shut up after we beat them in the next game. I wouldn't have been able to do that playing solo, so, I was very happy to have some AVS crew on my side.

HC isn't my go to game mode and it never was but I do like it better in this game because there isn't the spawn wait time unless you are penalized for team killing. I would play it if I am in a team with you guys but I refuse to do it with randoms.

I think part of my frustration has to do with me not being able to get high score streaks because when I got the game, I didn't care for the scorestreaks and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Also, I think the game has been tweaked a lot since then and made it worse than ever. In Aftermath, I went to capture C by myself because the enemy was over by A and B. We had a VSAT up at the time so I knew exactly where everyone was. While starting to cap C, the game decided to spawn 3 enemies right behind me and you can guess the end result of that. Quickscopers are out of control. Lag began to show its ugly face. People teleporting around me during a gun fight...I mean what else can I bitch about.

Whenever, I start to like something, it goes to ****.
jblank74 likes this.

post #3788 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I mean look at this guys gameplay. He is always getting 100+ kills. WTF?!?!?!?!?

post #3789 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
This game is even more connection dependent than MW3. I know of several people who had great connections in MW3 who gave up because either their connection was not "right" for the game or the people they partied up with were incompatible for them. I find that to be a deciding factor the most in playing Blops 2. They have done tweaks that helped me/Mrs and the next update killed whatever bennies we had. The latest has mostly hurt especially teamed up. I find that people west of the Mississippi kill me if I have a person east of Illinois. I can party up with a guy from AZ and play fine. Add in anybody else and I see lots of silly lag.

Your 100 kill plus guys are generally teamed up with like minded geographically close to main trunk points players, are playing core, have a very good connection and are great shots. Pretty sure you can't do it with randoms. Not with the spawns and latency issues

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3790 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I mean look at this guys gameplay. He is always getting 100+ kills. WTF?!?!?!?!?

Smart player:

1. He's using head glitching to his advantage
2. He's taking the correct angles (can't stress enough how important that is)
3. Laying down/using cover when he's at a disadvantage
4. Good teammates always help
5. Luck (a few times you can see the lag monster played to his advantage)

He never runs around like a moron, every movement he does in that video is hugging walls and taking the angle that best covers him from fire. Add that he uses every single barricade to head glitch and you'll get these types of games. Good for him!

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3791 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Or a few games like this biggrin.gif

post #3792 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Or a few games like this biggrin.gif

Trading shark bites, eh? biggrin.gif

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3793 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe just a little cool.gif
post #3794 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

This game is even more connection dependent than MW3. I know of several people who had great connections in MW3 who gave up because either their connection was not "right" for the game or the people they partied up with were incompatible for them. I find that to be a deciding factor the most in playing Blops 2. They have done tweaks that helped me/Mrs and the next update killed whatever bennies we had. The latest has mostly hurt especially teamed up. I find that people west of the Mississippi kill me if I have a person east of Illinois. I can party up with a guy from AZ and play fine. Add in anybody else and I see lots of silly lag.

Your 100 kill plus guys are generally teamed up with like minded geographically close to main trunk points players, are playing core, have a very good connection and are great shots. Pretty sure you can't do it with randoms. Not with the spawns and latency issues
I didn't think that was possible but I agree... long gone are the days of MW2 or Blops where your connection actually made a difference, now you may as well stream some HD content on other TV's to dumb it down and hopefully avoid the host disadvantage.
Quote:

Smart player:

1. He's using head glitching to his advantage
2. He's taking the correct angles (can't stress enough how important that is)
3. Laying down/using cover when he's at a disadvantage
4. Good teammates always help
5. Luck (a few times you can see the lag monster played to his advantage)

He never runs around like a moron, every movement he does in that video is hugging walls and taking the angle that best covers him from fire. Add that he uses every single barricade to head glitch and you'll get these types of games. Good for him!
Yep and he seldom presents a full target, he is mostly behind cover and for the most part keeps his backside safe.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #3795 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:

Trading shark bites, eh? biggrin.gif

93/5 >> high SPM tongue.gif

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #3796 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

93/5 >> high SPM tongue.gif

You don't have to kiss his ace buc. I'm sure he'll play with you again.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #3797 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

It's been like 5 days are you are still mad. I'm beginning to worry

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #3798 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:

He's hanging around the flag but makes no attempt to cap it or secure any other.Sure, high score but not really the in the spirit of game mode.Just a thought.
jblank74 and Weaselboy like this.
post #3799 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Thats why I put more attention toward SPM. Sure mega kills can help your team in objective games. Thats a no brainer. Unless your whole team just tries to boost their KDR. If someone is getting those stats and losing, then its not helping the team. Its just boosting ones kdr. Of course I am not a super player so take my opinion as just that.smile.gif

I like KC because you can look at the players kills, deaths and tags collected and determine what kind of player they are. Add in their SPM and you can get a pretty good picture. Are they just sitting back trying to get kills? Are they a tag collector with almost as many tags as deaths? anyway, I tried to do Core Dom on Blops 2 and with the revenge spawn system and the latency with the parties we were playing with. Just couldn't do it. I will never be a 70 and 5 player hell it's a great night if I get a game with 40 kills. But I will collect those tags!!!biggrin.gif

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3800 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

If he gives me the chance to I will. He's an awesome player. Fun to play with the AVS crew. Makes it almost impossible to lose.
post #3801 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 98

Trying to figure out if this is real. And if so, what does it mean? A COD4 remake? Easy, D... down boy!!!! biggrin.gif

post #3802 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Trying to figure out if this is real. And if so, what does it mean? A COD4 remake? Easy, D... down boy!!!! biggrin.gif

Im going to have to wait for the specs to be revealed before I can make my buying decision... wink.gif
post #3803 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 290
Quote:

I've been reading up on this... it seems as if one of the new scorestreaks will allow you to have 90 seconds of lag-free play in addition to selecting your re-spawn point from the 4D map. The disc will also contain red ray 4k content and and a magazine which as already been banned in CA and NY.
jblank74 likes this.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #3804 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

If he gives me the chance to I will. He's an awesome player. Fun to play with the AVS crew. Makes it almost impossible to lose.

You & Buc better invite me to the wedding! smile.gif

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #3805 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:

First the Pope resigns. Now this!!!

COD4 is coming back baby!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #3806 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

WTF,I got on this afternoon and tried my hand at hc capture the flag,Joined game in progress,every time I re spawned,it was in front of the player that killed me.I ended up leading my party with 725 pts while the other party leader was at 8750pts.I could hardly take a step without getting whacked.Whats up with that ,I suck at this game but not this bad!
post #3807 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

And this is after I just got a new controller to replace the one I rage broke,smashed, trashed destroyed and burned !!
post #3808 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Still fun...with a good team wink.gif
post #3809 of 4672 Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member