post #3871 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

So you experienced people dominating MW3 matches by running around with Barrett's, etc? I never did. I sniped probably 1/3 of the time in MW3 and I felt it did a great job of treating snipers as support classes and had a good mix of skill/arcade handling, with respect to them. BLOPS II treats snipers as it would smg using commandos.

I haven't seen these sniper commandos you're speaking of. Without quickdraw, QSing and sniping in general is way down. I'm too lazy to dig through my elite stats but I bet the percentage of kills by sniper is way less in blops 2 than MW3.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Or D. Use Tac Insert

I am happy to report that 3ARC "fixed" the connection issues that I was having. I thought the new ASUS router and my K/D increase over the past 2 weeks was a good thing, but thankfully that has changed! The past few nights have been chock full of Bolshevik, I was beginning to think I had found a good way to get fair games. But alas, it is painfully clear to me that certain people have certain advantages. I can simply look at a lobby leaderboard and it tells me all I need to know. The under 300 PPM players are typically the same "speed" as me. If it comes down to a one-on-one gun fight, whoever has better aim will win (given similar gun types). The 300-400 PPM players will usually be "faster" than me. Whether that is their sensitivity, controller or their connection; or whether it is their skillz I can tell by the first gunfight. Anyone over 400 is most likely a good player AND benefits from a good connection. I have given up the pursuit of fair gameplay. The changes I've made have been better, but connections are still at the whim of whatever code runs the whole show. The effect and range of weapons and how easy/hard/impossible it is to kill someone from lobby to lobby is crazy!! All I want is consistency, but the ADHD world of COD where you can leave whenever you want during a match, and the randomness of someone's magical algorithm of connecttitude seems to doom that for failure more often than not.

At least for me...

I strongly disagree with these statements. I play with various groups on these boards and I deal with lag quite often, but I'll still end up scoring pretty high in almost every game. To imply that a good player that has a SPM over 400 is only scoring that high because they must be getting some type of connection advantage is just wrong. We all deal with lag, at this point you'd think that we'd all expect it with these games because it happens every-single-time. I believe it was Jammy that said it best early on in this thread, if you go and look at every other COD thread you'll see the same complaints over and over and over again.

If COD wants to be taken seriously, they will incorporate dedicated servers.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3873 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Thanks for posting your gameplay to show quickscope and they are by no means the quickscope some of us are talking about. What you are doing is hardscope but you acquire your target quicker or you line up your crosshair close enough to your enemy. Thats fine. What I was talking about is completely different and I will have to dig up some videos for you.

It's borderline. He's still getting that "lock" before hitting LT. I see what you're saying, but it should be VERY rare to hit a target, with a sniper rifle, without having a clear sight picture, looking down the scope. Hardscoping should basically be mandatory and that target "lock" needs a nerf.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3874 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

While I do like this game a fair bit I can honestly say until the OMA, Commando, DC crap in MW2 got out of control that would be my favorite in the series.

The changes they put into BLOPS2 (most notably Pick 10, and Scorestreaks vs. Killstreaks) I really like. The 4 new maps are very good IMHO (the release maps are ehh). What I like most about the maps is the change of venue. Its not just a bunch of maps with bombed out buildings etc like we always get. They are different .. I mean ski resort, a skate park, a water power plant, a desert hotel. Sure the "map play" is the same as always and most like always will be but the cool locations I think deserve some props. Hell I loved Hazzard in BLOPS.

I agree with everyone else though and have said it since day 1 the spawn system in this game sucks period and the lag comp is by far the worst of any COD title ever. That being said the hit detection in MW3 was the worst ever.

Things won't be any different when whatever new title hits in Nov - no matter whether its nextbox or not. No matter how good the nextbox is if they don't come up with better servers and netcode it really won't matter.

I still play BLOPS2 regularly but not as much as I did MW2 or BLOPS. And I haven't had the feeling of "I can't wait to get home and play some COD" since those titles and I may never again.

I do wish I was a GOW or HALO fan as I am ready for a change but frankly those titles just aren't for me.

Oh well.

Greg

Oh and the only COD title to get sniping right IMHO is BLOPS. People still QSed in it but they really had to work at it. BLOPS2 is MAJOR step backward as I honestly think that sniping & QSing is easier in this title than any other COD title except for MW2.

Mw2 doesn't get a lot of love around here-- or anywhere for that matter. Sure Oma/Dc was ******** but it was only really a problem in objective and easy to remedy with team work. Everything else in that game was relatively balanced (as far as cod goes). Sure you could QS but the ARs were so powerful no one cared-- plus *shotgun secondaries. Sure everyone complained about the ump but no one could seriously make a case for that gun beating any AR/LMG/sniper at range and up close it lost to every other SMG and-- *shotgun secondaries. Even the little pricks running marathon/lightweight/commando were dealt with handily by the *shotgun secondaries-- and because they were *shotgun secondaries you didn't even have to compromise your long range game in your primary slot!

Yep-- mw2 got a lot more right than wrong and what it got wrong could be chalked up to excess. What made blops1 great despite how laggerific it was and despite the infuriating second chance epidemic was that it it lacked many of the excesses of later games. Mw3 and blops 2 are about the same in my book I that they are hilariously over the top. All this equipment and attachment and options has done nothing but make they game easier to play with cheap tactics. Honestly, I wish I would have gotten this game while the pistol headshot multiplier was still in effect...

Think I'll go reach myself to snipe-- those bastards seem to be having fun!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #3875 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I haven't seen these sniper commandos you're speaking of. Without quickdraw, QSing and sniping in general is way down. I'm too lazy to dig through my elite stats but I bet the percentage of kills by sniper is way less in blops 2 than MW3.

I'm sorry, are you being sincere? BD, I don't know what to say, there are snipers EVERYWHERE and they are running around and being extremely effective at it. I just posted a video within the last day, showing a fantastic example, from a credible player and commentator, of one single match, where almost all of our complaints about sniping is literally served on a plate, for all to see.

I usually agree with you on most things, but it is almost a 100% fact, believed by all, that there are many more people sniping now, than every before.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3876 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

I strongly disagree with these statements. I play with various groups on these boards and I deal with lag quite often, but I'll still end up scoring pretty high in almost every game. To imply that a good player that has a SPM over 400 is only scoring that high because they must be getting some type of connection advantage is just wrong. We all deal with lag, at this point you'd think that we'd all expect it with these games because it happens every-single-time. I believe it was Jammy that said it best early on in this thread, if you go and look at every other COD thread you'll see the same complaints over and over and over again.

I'd have to agree. I think the lag has improved a bit, but matchmaking, and the time it takes sorting out teams, has gotten MUCH worse. I will say this and I might be in the minority, but I do think the lag is overall worse in BLOPS II than in MW3 and I think by in large, the lag is getting worse with each title since MW2.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3877 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

A quick highlight reel from last night showing more examples of why I love sniping now!

If you have snipers there's a couple of kills in here that will only make you hate them more.

BTW - I'm running Flak/Ghost, Scavenger, Tac Mask.
biggrin.gif

Hahahahaha wow! There's 4-5 legit BS kills in that clip, guys running into rooms with their guns up hitting you first and your using your scope from 10 feet away and getting the kill (in some cases you're actually firing off a round and missing and then looking through the scope again).

I'd have raged biggrin.gif

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3878 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Mw2 doesn't get a lot of love around here-- or anywhere for that matter. Sure Oma/Dc was ******** but it was only really a problem in objective and easy to remedy with team work. Everything else in that game was relatively balanced (as far as cod goes). Sure you could QS but the ARs were so powerful no one cared-- plus *shotgun secondaries. Sure everyone complained about the ump but no one could seriously make a case for that gun beating any AR/LMG/sniper at range and up close it lost to every other SMG and-- *shotgun secondaries. Even the little pricks running marathon/lightweight/commando were dealt with handily by the *shotgun secondaries-- and because they were *shotgun secondaries you didn't even have to compromise your long range game in your primary slot!

Yep-- mw2 got a lot more right than wrong and what it got wrong could be chalked up to excess. What made blops1 great despite how laggerific it was and despite the infuriating second chance epidemic was that it it lacked many of the excesses of later games. Mw3 and blops 2 are about the same in my book I that they are hilariously over the top. All this equipment and attachment and options has done nothing but make they game easier to play with cheap tactics. Honestly, I wish I would have gotten this game while the pistol headshot multiplier was still in effect...

Think I'll go reach myself to snipe-- those bastards seem to be having fun!

MW2 was everything that is wrong with Call of Duty. It catered to cheesers, the lowest common denominator of CoD player. It was great if you wanted a million grenades and explosions, great if you wanted to glitch, great if you wanted a shotgun with the range of an assault rifle, and great if you wanted to knife lunge through bullet streams, from 20 yards away. It was an over the top abomination, which is such a pity, because it has the best maps of any CoD game to date.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3879 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'd have to agree. I think the lag has improved a bit, but matchmaking, and the time it takes sorting out teams, has gotten MUCH worse. I will say this and I might be in the minority, but I do think the lag is overall worse in BLOPS II than in MW3 and I think by in large, the lag is getting worse with each title since MW2.

The host migrating and matchmaking glitches this far removed from the launch date is embarrassingly bad for this title.

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3880 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

I'm sorry, are you being sincere? BD, I don't know what to say, there are snipers EVERYWHERE and they are running around and being extremely effective at it. I just posted a video within the last day, showing a fantastic example, from a credible player and commentator, of one single match, where almost all of our complaints about sniping is literally served on a plate, for all to see.

I usually agree with you on most things, but it is almost a 100% fact, believed by all, that there are many more people sniping now, than every before.

You really must just scour youtube looking for videos of people trashing it. It's not that bad. Fistacuffs isnt' even that great of a player, you don't see any good players complaining about the sniping.

THe only issues with this game I will agree with are host migrations and in general connection issues

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #3881 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:

Yeah absolutely sincere. I just peeked at the times killed by stats - all my sniper rifle deaths combined are under 200. And the vast majority of those are probably from playing lots of sharpshooter where people are forced to use them. I almost never, ever see them in normal games, and theyre usually easy targets. I've been killed like 1300 times by just the MP7, the first sniper is like 15th on the list of weapons killed by.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3882 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually think they did an outstanding job with these maps in this game...

Raid & Slums - Easily in my all-time top 5
Standoff - Love this map, will vote every time for it
Cargo/Plaza - Really enjoy playing these, as I generally score very high on them
Overflow - Good, not great
Carrier - Is actually growing on me the more I play it now
Express/Meltdown/Yemen - Don't hate them, but don't love them either (I call these the 'meh maps)
Hijacked - While this map can be infuriating at times, but I love playing it

Aftermath/Drone/Turbine - Terrible

I really like all 4 of the new maps. So when I look at the big picture and see out of a possible 18 maps I hate 3, I actually really enjoy playing the maps from this game.

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3883 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

You really must just scour youtube looking for videos of people trashing it. It's not that bad. Fistacuffs isnt' even that great of a player, you don't see any good players complaining about the sniping.

THe only issues with this game I will agree with are host migrations and in general connection issues

Scour? Not at all, in fact, I haven't even looked for a video to either support or contradict anything regarding sniping. I subscribe to both of his channels and I've posted many of his videos before. I beg to differ, F1st is quite a good player and has an excellent reputation and I think if you will look around and talk to others or even browse other CoD forums, there are a lot of people, of different skill level, that have an issue with sniping in the game. You and I have differing opinions and differing criteria for what dictates an "issue", that has long been known and I understand that, but don't dismiss an opinion outright, or try to say that it is only because of someone's skill level, that they perceive something to be a problem.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3884 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah absolutely sincere. I just peeked at the times killed by stats - all my sniper rifle deaths combined are under 200. And the vast majority of those are probably from playing lots of sharpshooter where people are forced to use them. I almost never, ever see them in normal games, and theyre usually easy targets. I've been killed like 1300 times by just the MP7, the first sniper is like 15th on the list of weapons killed by.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree then. smile.gif

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3885 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually think they did an outstanding job with these maps in this game...

Raid & Slums - Easily in my all-time top 5
Standoff - Love this map, will vote every time for it
Cargo/Plaza - Really enjoy playing these, as I generally score very high on them
Overflow - Good, not great
Carrier - Is actually growing on me the more I play it now
Express/Meltdown/Yemen - Don't hate them, but don't love them either (I call these the 'meh maps)
Hijacked - While this map can be infuriating at times, but I love playing it

Aftermath/Drone/Turbine - Terrible

I really like all 4 of the new maps. So when I look at the big picture and see out of a possible 18 maps I hate 3, I actually really enjoy playing the maps from this game.

I'm with you, I love the maps in this game...........except Drone. There really aren't any I even bother voting for or against, unless I happen to have just played that particular map a lot recently.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3886 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:

From what I understand, the lag and performance issues are much worse on the PS3 side.

My nephews got me COD 2 for the PS3 for Xmas and begged me to play with them. So I did, and I promptly stopped playing with them 1 month later. It was horrible performance and completely different experience then on the Xbox.

post #3887 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:

The spawn issue on Hijacked is the worst and it is the worst because they, for whatever reason, refuse to use the upper and lower levels of the boat as spawn areas. That is why it happens so frequently there, more so on the "A" side than the "C" side, for whatever reason.

Hmm, I routinely spawn below the ship on objective games, right in the middle. I even spawn on the top areas, in the rooms the snipers use, making it easier to get to the middle. Could it of changed in a recent patch?? Seems a lot better now.

post #3888 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Hmm, I routinely spawn below the ship on objective games, right in the middle. I even spawn on the top areas, in the rooms the snipers use, making it easier to get to the middle. Could it of changed in a recent patch?? Seems a lot better now.

Really? Now I mostly play Domination and TDM, with a smattering of Headquarters also, and as good as my aging mind can recollect, I never recall spawning above the main level, or in the hull portion of the ship. I do think the spawning there has been tweaked a bit though, and it seems a little better than it was say, two months ago.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3889 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick Scope Demo and Drag Scope

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #3890 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The whole snipe thing I believe is more prevalent in core. I know in HC, it's not nearly as bad.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3891 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

The whole snipe thing I believe is more prevalent in core. I know in HC, it's not nearly as bad.
May very well be the case since that is all I play. I HATE HC so if I say something game related, it is always in Core. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier, my mistake.redface.gif

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3892 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

May very well be the case since that is all I play. I HATE HC so if I say something game related, it is always in Core. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier, my mistake.redface.gif

No worries man. It may be just as bad and I don't know it. Without the kill cam telling me where I was shot from and seeing the weapon type used. I may not pay attention. Removing the kill cam would go a long way in solving a lot of rage issues. And make the game more challenging

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3893 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

No worries man. It may be just as bad and I don't know it. Without the kill cam telling me where I was shot from and seeing the weapon type used. I may not pay attention. Removing the kill cam would go a long way in solving a lot of rage issues. And make the game more challenging

Agreed, thanks.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3894 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I was playing last night and experienced the most frustrating and laggy few games I have ever been a part of. I never noticed lag before but I see what some of you are talking about now. Also, what is it with the snipers? How can someone have the time to aim on the run and hit me regardless of where I am? I usually don't complain about someone sniping if they aren't camping and actually do it in protection of team mates and strategy but come on...I am obviously missing something here. Are these people just that good or is there some sort of witchery going on?
post #3895 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

The host migrating and matchmaking glitches this far removed from the launch date is embarrassingly bad for this title.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #3896 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

What do you mean exactly?
Only that I had gotten completely FLAME-basted for bitching about the very same problem a few weeks back....

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3897 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

I was playing last night and experienced the most frustrating and laggy few games I have ever been a part of. I never noticed lag before but I see what some of you are talking about now. Also, what is it with the snipers? How can someone have the time to aim on the run and hit me regardless of where I am? I usually don't complain about someone sniping if they aren't camping and actually do it in protection of team mates and strategy but come on...I am obviously missing something here. Are these people just that good or is there some sort of witchery going on?

Some are good, but sniping is much easier in this game and because of that, you experience this kind of thing. What you describe is why I want them to dramatically increase the sway when standing up and sniping. Not only does it add realism, but it balances them back out and prevents them from being used like hyper-accurate laser weapons in situations where they shouldn't be that accurate.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3898 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Only that I had gotten completely FLAME-basted for bitching about the very same problem a few weeks back....

If I said something that bothered you, I apologize. I don't think I did though. Some posters here are sensitive to people being critical towards the CoD games and you might have gotten some flak for voicing your opinions. I hope you aren't referring to me though.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #3899 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

If I said something that bothered you, I apologize. I don't think I did though. Some posters here are sensitive to people being critical towards the CoD games and you might have gotten some flak for voicing your opinions. I hope you aren't referring to me though.
I don't think there was anything said by you, but I got pretty well flamed for bitching about the sniper being used like a shotgun or smg. (Run N' Gun)
Perhaps you recall the "U MAD BRO" comments a few pages back...that was it.
And I stand by my comment. It IS ridiculous. And it IS all to prevalent. Someone may be on to something...core vs hardcore, thing. I play core, almost exclusively, and the snipers are overrunning the game. The fact that many here play HC, could be the telltale sign why no one had seen it, or agreed with me at that time.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3900 of 4672 Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Sage joined me for some KC games earlier and I gotta say, I enjoy playing around this time or maybe even earlier in the day. When nights falls, I might as well shove cactus up my bunghole and swirl it around. Also, Sage had my back playing KC on Carrier and helped me get Swarm back to back =]

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page