post #3961 of 4672 Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Don't bother in blops 2. Blops 1 and mw3 were great sound whoring games but it's not really that useful in blops 2. Occasionally I can sound whore someone but it's pretty rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

+2

Well, damn...lol!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 4672 Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Now try it on a low recoil LMG like the MK48 or LSAT. It just tears people apart, nice wide view of the target.
What attachment are u referring to? I'd like to try it out on the MK48...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #3963 of 4672 Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

need a couple of challenges left for the cross bow to get diamond special weapons.

BTW: anyone looking to try something new controller wise but dont want to pay for a scuff:
http://www.woot.com/offers/onza-gaming-controller-for-xbox-360-368
There is some bad reviews about these but for 30$ shipped im taking a chance on it. Plus i can repair most of the stuff if it goes bad.
got extra set of bumpers and buttons on the bottom
I would strongly suggest you leave that deal alone. I was one of the first with the onza (waited patiently for it's release as I hate the default Xbox sticks) and my experience was less than stellar: I went through 5 of them. 6 if you count the last one which was a pro not a tournament-- the pro lacked the adjustable tensioners on the sticks so I thought it might solve the 'wandering' issue that plagues the tourney model. The pro's triggers last all of 3 weeks before becoming unresponsive.

It's a nice design but unfortunately they're built like crap. $25 is no deal either-- you can find them new for less. FYI I use a madcatz FPS pro controller now... Yeah, madcatz! I've only had one issue: a sticky trigger. Madcatz replaced the unit for free under their 2 year warranty. Overall it's a great pad!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #3964 of 4672 Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

So I've started playing hardcore. Hardcore doesn't actually 'fix' anything but it does solve some of the symptoms of the shoddy connections in this game:

1. No more hit markers. Since everything dies so quickly you never get that feeling like your gun gains/loses damage between rounds.

2. No more kill cam rage. Only the final kill cam will give you an opportunity to rage as you see that-- in actuality-- you never fired at all! The rest of the match you're blissfully unaware of how far you are behind your opponents.

3. No more snipers. I mean, really why would you when just about anything can kill across the map?

4. Spawn system doesn't seem so bad. Oh the spawns still suck but because the uav isn't on all that much you'll never know that you just got spawned on by the entire enemy team.

5. Free up perk/attachment slots. Toughness is useless, silencers are mostly unnecessary, etc... you get to use stuff you normally wouldn't. One tip: run engineer and cold blooded. You'll need them!

--Carl Sagan
post #3965 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

What attachment are u referring to? I'd like to try it out on the MK48...

Low power scope or variable zoom.... I forget. Takes a little getting used to, but I swear it feels like it lowers recoil even further. It's not the laser the thermal scope was in MW3, but you basically hold the button down and people die, there's no muzzle flash or sights obscuring your view. Just a nice clear picture, just the right amount of zoom for your effective range, and it sights in just as fast as everything else.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3966 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

So I've started playing hardcore. Hardcore doesn't actually 'fix' anything but it does solve some of the symptoms of the shoddy connections in this game:

1. No more hit markers. Since everything dies so quickly you never get that feeling like your gun gains/loses damage between rounds.

2. No more kill cam rage. Only the final kill cam will give you an opportunity to rage as you see that-- in actuality-- you never fired at all! The rest of the match you're blissfully unaware of how far you are behind your opponents.

3. No more snipers. I mean, really why would you when just about anything can kill across the map?

4. Spawn system doesn't seem so bad. Oh the spawns still suck but because the uav isn't on all that much you'll never know that you just got spawned on by the entire enemy team.

5. Free up perk/attachment slots. Toughness is useless, silencers are mostly unnecessary, etc... you get to use stuff you normally wouldn't. One tip: run engineer and cold blooded. You'll need them!

You haven't got hit markers during HC yet eh? Can't wait for that rage post when it happens. smile.gif

I started running sniper and only use it on Core, like you are saying, don't see a great benefit otherwise.

-Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3967 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Stupid question alert.

Is there any advantage to using a wired controller versus a wireless one with this game or other shooters?

post #3968 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

Stupid question alert.

Is there any advantage to using a wired controller versus a wireless one with this game or other shooters?

Not a dumb question at all. Theoretically the wired controller has less lag, but the wireless has so little lag that its basically a non issue. If you're competing in MLG every little bit counts, but its basically no difference at all for everyone else.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3969 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Not a dumb question at all. Theoretically the wired controller has less lag, but the wireless has so little lag that its basically a non issue. If you're competing in MLG every little bit counts, but its basically no difference at all for everyone else.

Got it, thanks! One less thing I can blame for my lack of skills!

post #3970 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
NEW RANT!!!!!

I don't care if I am sitting in the spawn or not the other team should not spawn in the ony area behind me. Last night on the map with the fountain in the middle I was at the bottom of the map trying to hold that as our spawn while my AGR made its way to the top spawn area. Well I am in that retangular area where the car and the tables are in the corner. I was facing the fountain looking up that road with the cop car in front of the wall and I will be damed if the spawn didn't switch and 3 guys spawned right in that area. That is just crazy. I was down there the whole time so it's not like I was waling into their spawn like that video of the same area showed the guy killing someone and that guy that he kill spawned 10 feet in front of him.

Now the real kicker, we were on the new map with the water. I was trying to hold down one side of the map again and was having a fire fight with a guy when I actually saw an enemy spawn right behind him and I was able to kill them both. I guess i was so in shock that I was able to watch a guy spawn in front of me that I lost focus and when another guys spawned in the exact same spot as the previous guy he killed me. On that whole map there wasn't another area to spawn these guys. I mean I actually saw them pop out of the middle of nowhere in front of me... this is just crazy and I am at a loss as to why it can't be...I won't say fixed cause I don't think it can or will ever be perfect but it could be a lot better.

OK IM DONE.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #3971 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I lose a lot of the high scorescreaks due to spawn issues. One second I would be in an area with a couple of enemies and after I take them out, I get surrounded by the entire effin enemy. I would be like 1-2 kill away from my next scorestreak but I get gang raped. Wonderful.

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #3972 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I lose a lot of the high scorescreaks due to spawn issues. One second I would be in an area with a couple of enemies and after I take them out, I get surrounded by the entire effin enemy. I would be like 1-2 kill away from my next scorestreak but I get gang raped. Wonderful.
Jitu-- come play HC with me. Takes a bit to adjust but I swear I'm having much more fun than I did before. The game seems to have more flow and kill streaks actually DO something. It's a little campy but with engineer and a black hat or two you can clean up!

--Carl Sagan
post #3973 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
So this is the nfl....
post #3974 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

You haven't got hit markers during HC yet eh? Can't wait for that rage post when it happens. smile.gif

I started running sniper and only use it on Core, like you are saying, don't see a great benefit otherwise.
That just means I need you watching my back, Pill! smile.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #3975 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Jitu-- come play HC with me. Takes a bit to adjust but I swear I'm having much more fun than I did before. The game seems to have more flow and kill streaks actually DO something. It's a little campy but with engineer and a black hat or two you can clean up!

I am down for some HC with avs crew anytime. Tried to join your games last night but it just kept telling me server is full.

post #3976 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 55
Ahhhh yessssssss.... More of you coming to the darkside...

Seriously though, look me up if I am online. Usually with a group. We play HCKC. Less camping than TDM. Also if you still experience lag which happens on the current build, try playing before 9pm central. I stand on my belief that it gets worse the later you play after 9pm central and becomes unplayable for me after 10pm (got told to stop using military time!biggrin.gif )

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3977 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

So this is the nfl....

No this is not.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5:

post #3978 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
I've heard otherwise lol. No more money to current gen consoles. Time for the upgrades!
post #3979 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Lmao! I just rage quit so hard. Was actually having a good time until I experienced the MOST RIDICULOUS SPAWN IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES. I was playing on slums and, well, died. Next thing I know I spawn in the back of our map and before I can even tilt the stick forward I am PROMPTLY knifed in the ass. There are no kill cams in HC but I managed to hold it together for the sake of replaying the match in theater mode-- only the game froze after the final kill. (Is it just me or does this game lock up a LOT)

Anyway, apparently the host quit because the match isn't in my file share... Unbelievable. I can't stress enough how ludicrous this was-- it wasn't like I spawned and them ran a few feet, no-- PROMPTLY destroyed as soon as I spawned... By a KNIFE!!! Lol! We all know how non-existent the knife lunge is in this! I must have spawned in top of the guy!!!

Anyway.... Still having fun playing HC-- even I this game is broken as hell! Lol! smile.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #3980 of 4672 Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, this game does freeze, alot.

post #3981 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

Lmao! I just rage quit so hard. Was actually having a good time until I experienced the MOST RIDICULOUS SPAWN IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES. I was playing on slums and, well, died. Next thing I know I spawn in the back of our map and before I can even tilt the stick forward I am PROMPTLY knifed in the ass. There are no kill cams in HC but I managed to hold it together for the sake of replaying the match in theater mode-- only the game froze after the final kill. (Is it just me or does this game lock up a LOT)

Anyway, apparently the host quit because the match isn't in my file share... Unbelievable. I can't stress enough how ludicrous this was-- it wasn't like I spawned and them ran a few feet, no-- PROMPTLY destroyed as soon as I spawned... By a KNIFE!!! Lol! We all know how non-existent the knife lunge is in this! I must have spawned in top of the guy!!!

Anyway.... Still having fun playing HC-- even I this game is broken as hell! Lol! smile.gif

You are forgetting something ... you may have spawned on a jacka$$ teammate who knifed you - being HC that is possible. It has happened to me before. It is one of the things I despise about playing HC. There are players who play it just to screw over their team. My favorites are the jerks who kill you to steal your CP. Sure after they do this 3 times they get kicked but it doesn't change the fact it happens all the time and even worse if the offender is the host ... they don't get kicked.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #3982 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

You are forgetting something ... you may have spawned on a jacka$$ teammate who knifed you - being HC that is possible. It has happened to me before. It is one of the things I despise about playing HC. There are players who play it just to screw over their team. My favorites are the jerks who kill you to steal your CP. Sure after they do this 3 times they get kicked but it doesn't change the fact it happens all the time and even worse if the offender is the host ... they don't get kicked.

Greg

I remember that being a big method for boosting in COD4. People would play HC S&D and then RPG their entire team at the spawn so their buddy on the other team could get all the points for planting and winning.
post #3983 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I played hardcore for the first time last night. I got kicked once before I realized I could kill my own team. Felt like an idiot after that but it does add a new element to the game, no more spray and pray. There didn't seem to be as many people playing here as several of the matches only had 8 or 10 players.

post #3984 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

Ha-ha, that slums game was too funny with those spawns. Both teams randomly spawning on either side of the map. It was like the wild west! You had some really good games last night Sage (we had a nice little run for a while with the 3/4 of us).

I'm starting to think Pill isn't much of a fan of HC biggrin.gif

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3985 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

I played hardcore for the first time last night. I got kicked once before I realized I could kill my own team. Felt like an idiot after that but it does add a new element to the game, no more spray and pray. There didn't seem to be as many people playing here as several of the matches only had 8 or 10 players.
Yeah, it sucks, I like ricochet better. I am constantly getting team killed when I drop a package so my own team mate can take it. Of course I then devote the rest of the match to killing that beeotch until I get booted. lame.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #3986 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

Ha-ha, that slums game was too funny with those spawns. Both teams randomly spawning on either side of the map. It was like the wild west! You had some really good games last night Sage (we had a nice little run for a while with the 3/4 of us).

I'm starting to think Pill isn't much of a fan of HC biggrin.gif

What IS Pill a fan of? smile.gif

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

post #3987 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

What IS Pill a fan of? smile.gif
Big ass screens and an HT with massive custom >10hz subs. tongue.gif

post #3988 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Big ass screens and an HT with massive custom >10hz subs. tongue.gif
That's right!! Pill's stuff goes BOOM!

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3989 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

That's right!! Pill's stuff goes BOOM!
That's why he's so distracted while playing, it's hard to combat enemies and lag while one hand is holding the fillings in his teeth.

post #3990 of 4672 Old 02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Figured out a Chicom class was rocking last night with it. several Vsat's and a set of dogs

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page