post #4231 of 4672 Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I think I've figured it out. The one defining characteristic of blops2 and mw3 that makes them the weakest of the series: the inability to "turn it around". In both of the last two games if you're having a **** time there is no way to fix it. In previous games I would have classes I could throw on to counter a particular tactic or even combat lag-- but not in blops deuce! Once you get down you are going to stay there for the rest of the match and, most likely, the rest of your session. There's something about these two games-- call it lag comp, call it just plain lag, call it whatever-- but when you're on the receiving end: that's it. You're done. Finished.

Played some blops 1 after I jumped out tonight. First game: 3kd/win. Second game: 3kd/loss. Third game I was getting railed... Changed my game up and: 1.5kd/WIN.

I don't know how else to describe this... I don't put much stock in numbers but I think in this case they speak volumes.
Mw2 (my first cod mp experience): 1.5kd <--- and this is up from less than 1.00 for my first five prestiges! (I'm a slow learner wink.gif )
Cod4: 2kd
Blops: 2+kd (and this is mostly solo play btw)
Mw3: 1.6kd
Blops2: 1.3kd

Maybe I'm just getting old? Funny thig is I can go back into those old games and rip it up still! And before anyone says: better players are playing the new cod-- just stop. If anything there are more terrible players playing the new cod! The old games at least have players that seem to know what they're doing.

Yep, you are old.

-Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 4672 Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Yep, you are old.

Don't remind me...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #4233 of 4672 Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep, you are old.

Don't remind me...

--Carl Sagan
post #4234 of 4672 Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
When this game runs like crap and I am dying constantly because I am 1 sec behind the enemy, the only way I find any kind of enjoyment is hearing Pillpusher and Sage rage. It's absolutely hilarious. Love you guys!!!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #4235 of 4672 Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

When this game runs like crap and I am dying constantly because I am 1 sec behind the enemy, the only way I find any kind of enjoyment is hearing Pillpusher and Sage rage. It's absolutely hilarious. Love you guys!!!

I started a clan "RAGE". Any takers?

-Greg

post #4236 of 4672 Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Is BO2 server down for you guys?

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #4237 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anybody else here pissed at M$ for discontinuing the XBL Family Gold program?

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #4238 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Perhaps.. biggrin.gif
post #4239 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Does anybody play this game anymore?

Damn you Treyarch. Damn you!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

post #4240 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Im on to other stuff while I wait for the next map pack, which at this rate, isnt coming out till like june.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #4241 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dawqueque, everyone plays this game pretty much every night...except you. =p

post #4242 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Anybody else here pissed at M$ for discontinuing the XBL Family Gold program?

Yes but its MS so I am not surprised. Its about the almighty dollar.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #4243 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Seemed to good to last. I have 3 profiles, myself and 2 kids. Imagine the $ they are losing
post #4244 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

biggrin.gif
Quote:

I'm in.
Quote:

Yeah-- husker, jitu, lizard, steel house and I were all playing just the other night.

Last couple nights I've switched back to blops 1 just to take a breather and build my confidence back up a bit! Lol! I kick ass in blops! biggrin.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #4245 of 4672 Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

biggrin.gif
I'm in.
Yeah-- husker, jitu, lizard, steel house and I were all playing just the other night.

Last couple nights I've switched back to blops 1 just to take a breather and build my confidence back up a bit! Lol! I kick ass in blops! biggrin.gif
I'm ready for a MW3 reunion night... who's in?

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #4246 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

only if you are using the disc for target practice.

post #4247 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If I would have seen this earlier I would have been game.

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.

post #4248 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.

Tronn hit me last night too and I accepted the game invite but I got a message from the dashboard asking me to insert COD4 disc and I was like yeah...oh wait, effff!!! I sold it because it was full of hax and Activision wasn't doing anything to fix it.

Appreciate the invite though, I really do and I love COD4. However, I only have MW2 and BO2 in hand so I am open to playing some MW2 if you guys want to change things up a bit.

post #4249 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Problem is I'm such a good shot each round would go through the bullseye and the dis would remain unharmed.
Quote:

I guess I'm out of the loop but are they ofering these older titles COD4, MW2, etc. for download only no disc needed over Live??

post #4250 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I guess I'm out of the loop but are they ofering these older titles COD4, MW2, etc. for download only no disc needed over Live??

Yep! I forgot what silly azz marketing term they call it, but I believe its something like Microsoft Games on Demand. Which means yes the game is downloadable.

Here are the prices & links straight to FULL-LENGTH downloadable COD games.

COD4 is $19.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW2 is $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560817?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS1 is $49.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560855?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW3 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608cb?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS2 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608c3?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

And I'm pretty sure like other DLC, you pay for it once under a certain XBL account you can play it any online connected Xbox360 with a HDD forever. XBL will assign the DLC your primary Xbox360 that can play it without a XBL internet connection. You can also download and play it on other 360's, BUT you must be signed into the same XBL account that originally purchased the content. Considering I've already bought two physical copies of COD4 for the Xbox 360 and one downloaded a 3rd copy for my MacBook.

I would love it to have purchased the game for a one time $19.99.. and been able to play it on different consoles in different locations.

post #4251 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

Pricing should really be more like this IMHO

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max

I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #4252 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max

I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.

Same way I feel Fish. I hate discs.

The are noisy. They generate heat. They get scratched. They get broken. They need to be physically put away in safe manner. They collect dust. They get lost. They get stolen. They must be put in the tray. They must be swapped when playing different games. You cant move the 360 while a disc is inserted and it is spinning or it will get damaged (found this out the hard way and ended up purchasing a 2nd physical copy of COD4).

Give me a reasonable DLC option and not only will I purchase future DLC games for full price on release day. I'll go and re-purchase my favourites as I can finally get rid of the discs.

post #4253 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:

COD4 is $0 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max

Corrected this. There is no way they should be charging anything for a hacked up game they stopped supporting. I was once told never to attribute anything to malice or dishonesty that can be attributed to stupidity. I don't think Activision is stupid enough to have let these games go they way they did.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #4254 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Lol! I couldn't agree with this more!

I think a retro reunion night is a good idea! Cod4, mw2 or blops 1-- I might be able to be talked into mw3 but only if pill is playing. I need one person in that lobby who will be raging as hard as me at that POS. Who's in?? biggrin.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #4255 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Corrected this. There is no way they should be charging anything for a hacked up game they stopped supporting. I was once told never to attribute anything to malice or dishonesty that can be attributed to stupidity. I don't think Activision is stupid enough to have let these games go they way they did.

Good point. But then blops 2 should be free as well with all the crazy lag switching and 'spawn to me' hacks. Blops2 might actually be worse than mw2 was in it's hayday...

--Carl Sagan
post #4256 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

Good point. But then blops 2 should be free as well with all the crazy lag switching and'spawn to me' hackss. Blops2 might actually be worse than mw2 was in it's hayday...

What is this you speak of? Cause I swear I played against a guy last night on the level with the fountain in the middle and I (and a couple of teammates) spawned directly in front of him 3 times in a row and died instanly each time:eek:. It was just outside of the building with the little car inside and the van. the spawn was on the steps leading down to the fountain. That's not a normal spawn is it?

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #4257 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:

I love overgrown. Just made big counterclockwise circles around the map with dead silence, a silenced MP5 and whatever perk UAV jammer was.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #4258 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max

You guys missed it earlier this month:
Xbox Live Ultimate Sale: Day 4
There's a link at Major Nelson's Blog too, but I can't view that from work.

Call of Duty: World at War: $9.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops: $19.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: $49.99
Call of Duty 2: $9.99
Call of Duty 3: $9.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $9.99
Modern Warfare 2: $9.99
Modern Warfare 3: $29.99

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #4259 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep! I forgot what silly azz marketing term they call it, but I believe its something like Microsoft Games on Demand. Which means yes the game is downloadable.

Here are the prices & links straight to FULL-LENGTH downloadable COD games.

COD4 is $19.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW2 is $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560817?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS1 is $49.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560855?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW3 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608cb?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS2 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608c3?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

And I'm pretty sure like other DLC, you pay for it once under a certain XBL account you can play it any online connected Xbox360 with a HDD forever. XBL will assign the DLC your primary Xbox360 that can play it without a XBL internet connection. You can also download and play it on other 360's, BUT you must be signed into the same XBL account that originally purchased the content. Considering I've already bought two physical copies of COD4 for the Xbox 360 and one downloaded a 3rd copy for my MacBook.

I would love it to have purchased the game for a one time $19.99.. and been able to play it on different consoles in different locations.
I would almost do it for the older ones if it included DLC ( some I have some I don't) but with a new console around the corner I'll probably skip it and just wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

I love overgrown. Just made big counterclockwise circles around the map with dead silence, a silenced MP5 and whatever perk UAV jammer was.

Ugh, I hated that map... nothing but pussassnipers all over the place. Give me Broadcast, Ambush, or even Pipeline.

post #4260 of 4672 Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

What is this you speak of? Cause I swear I played against a guy last night on the level with the fountain in the middle and I (and a couple of teammates) spawned directly in front of him 3 times in a row and died instanly each time:eek:. It was just outside of the building with the little car inside and the van. the spawn was on the steps leading down to the fountain. That's not a normal spawn is it?

Yeah-- no it's not. smile.gif

Crap happens to me all the time. There are a few videos up on YouTube showing how it's done. Even 402thunder402 has posted several vids in his "name and shame" campaign showing this BS at work. Blops 2 has a LOT of problems.

--Carl Sagan
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page