Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 142 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > Xbox Area > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Xbox Area

HuskerOmaha's Avatar HuskerOmaha
10:06 PM Liked: 34
post #4231 of 4672
03-15-2013 | Posts: 2,206
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I think I've figured it out. The one defining characteristic of blops2 and mw3 that makes them the weakest of the series: the inability to "turn it around". In both of the last two games if you're having a **** time there is no way to fix it. In previous games I would have classes I could throw on to counter a particular tactic or even combat lag-- but not in blops deuce! Once you get down you are going to stay there for the rest of the match and, most likely, the rest of your session. There's something about these two games-- call it lag comp, call it just plain lag, call it whatever-- but when you're on the receiving end: that's it. You're done. Finished.

Played some blops 1 after I jumped out tonight. First game: 3kd/win. Second game: 3kd/loss. Third game I was getting railed... Changed my game up and: 1.5kd/WIN.

I don't know how else to describe this... I don't put much stock in numbers but I think in this case they speak volumes.
Mw2 (my first cod mp experience): 1.5kd <--- and this is up from less than 1.00 for my first five prestiges! (I'm a slow learner wink.gif )
Cod4: 2kd
Blops: 2+kd (and this is mostly solo play btw)
Mw3: 1.6kd
Blops2: 1.3kd

Maybe I'm just getting old? Funny thig is I can go back into those old games and rip it up still! And before anyone says: better players are playing the new cod-- just stop. If anything there are more terrible players playing the new cod! The old games at least have players that seem to know what they're doing.

Yep, you are old.
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
01:11 PM Liked: 567
post #4232 of 4672
03-16-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Yep, you are old.

Don't remind me...
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
01:11 PM Liked: 567
post #4233 of 4672
03-16-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Yep, you are old.

Don't remind me...
jitu's Avatar jitu
09:23 AM Liked: 19
post #4234 of 4672
03-18-2013 | Posts: 3,031
Joined: Nov 2007
When this game runs like crap and I am dying constantly because I am 1 sec behind the enemy, the only way I find any kind of enjoyment is hearing Pillpusher and Sage rage. It's absolutely hilarious. Love you guys!!!
HuskerOmaha's Avatar HuskerOmaha
08:04 PM Liked: 34
post #4235 of 4672
03-18-2013 | Posts: 2,206
Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

When this game runs like crap and I am dying constantly because I am 1 sec behind the enemy, the only way I find any kind of enjoyment is hearing Pillpusher and Sage rage. It's absolutely hilarious. Love you guys!!!

I started a clan "RAGE". Any takers?
jitu's Avatar jitu
09:03 PM Liked: 19
post #4236 of 4672
03-18-2013 | Posts: 3,031
Joined: Nov 2007
Is BO2 server down for you guys?
CrowSS's Avatar CrowSS
08:02 AM Liked: 17
post #4237 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 295
Joined: Jul 2008
Anybody else here pissed at M$ for discontinuing the XBL Family Gold program?
Rage Guy's Avatar Rage Guy
08:14 AM Liked: 20
post #4238 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 503
Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I started a clan "RAGE". Any takers?

Perhaps.. biggrin.gif
Daekwan's Avatar Daekwan
08:50 AM Liked: 335
post #4239 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 10,262
Joined: Mar 2001
Does anybody play this game anymore?

Damn you Treyarch. Damn you!
bd2003's Avatar bd2003
09:20 AM Liked: 1467
post #4240 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 10,857
Joined: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Does anybody play this game anymore?

Damn you Treyarch. Damn you!

Im on to other stuff while I wait for the next map pack, which at this rate, isnt coming out till like june.
jitu's Avatar jitu
10:10 AM Liked: 19
post #4241 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 3,031
Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Does anybody play this game anymore?

Damn you Treyarch. Damn you!

Dawqueque, everyone plays this game pretty much every night...except you. =p
GCS's Avatar GCS
10:15 AM Liked: 31
post #4242 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 1,586
Joined: May 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Anybody else here pissed at M$ for discontinuing the XBL Family Gold program?

Yes but its MS so I am not surprised. Its about the almighty dollar.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963
09:31 PM Liked: 465
post #4243 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 2,540
Joined: Apr 2009
Seemed to good to last. I have 3 profiles, myself and 2 kids. Imagine the $ they are losing
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
09:38 PM Liked: 567
post #4244 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

When this game runs like crap and I am dying constantly because I am 1 sec behind the enemy, the only way I find any kind of enjoyment is hearing Pillpusher and Sage rage. It's absolutely hilarious. Love you guys!!!
biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I started a clan "RAGE". Any takers?
I'm in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Does anybody play this game anymore?

Damn you Treyarch. Damn you!
Yeah-- husker, jitu, lizard, steel house and I were all playing just the other night.

Last couple nights I've switched back to blops 1 just to take a breather and build my confidence back up a bit! Lol! I kick ass in blops! biggrin.gif
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi
09:55 PM Liked: 368
post #4245 of 4672
03-19-2013 | Posts: 5,941
Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

biggrin.gif
I'm in.
Yeah-- husker, jitu, lizard, steel house and I were all playing just the other night.

Last couple nights I've switched back to blops 1 just to take a breather and build my confidence back up a bit! Lol! I kick ass in blops! biggrin.gif
I'm ready for a MW3 reunion night... who's in?
jammybastard's Avatar jammybastard
07:05 AM Liked: 18
post #4246 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 1,622
Joined: Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I'm ready for a MW3 reunion night... who's in?

only if you are using the disc for target practice.
Daekwan's Avatar Daekwan
07:41 AM Liked: 335
post #4247 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 10,262
Joined: Mar 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I'm ready for a MW3 reunion night... who's in?

If I would have seen this earlier I would have been game.

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.




jitu's Avatar jitu
08:05 AM Liked: 19
post #4248 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 3,031
Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

If I would have seen this earlier I would have been game.

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.




Tronn hit me last night too and I accepted the game invite but I got a message from the dashboard asking me to insert COD4 disc and I was like yeah...oh wait, effff!!! I sold it because it was full of hax and Activision wasn't doing anything to fix it.

Appreciate the invite though, I really do and I love COD4. However, I only have MW2 and BO2 in hand so I am open to playing some MW2 if you guys want to change things up a bit.
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi
11:44 AM Liked: 368
post #4249 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 5,941
Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

only if you are using the disc for target practice.
Problem is I'm such a good shot each round would go through the bullseye and the dis would remain unharmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

If I would have seen this earlier I would have been game.

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.



I guess I'm out of the loop but are they ofering these older titles COD4, MW2, etc. for download only no disc needed over Live??
Daekwan's Avatar Daekwan
12:10 PM Liked: 335
post #4250 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 10,262
Joined: Mar 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post


I guess I'm out of the loop but are they ofering these older titles COD4, MW2, etc. for download only no disc needed over Live??

Yep! I forgot what silly azz marketing term they call it, but I believe its something like Microsoft Games on Demand. Which means yes the game is downloadable.

Here are the prices & links straight to FULL-LENGTH downloadable COD games.

COD4 is $19.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW2 is $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560817?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS1 is $49.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560855?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW3 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608cb?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS2 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608c3?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone



And I'm pretty sure like other DLC, you pay for it once under a certain XBL account you can play it any online connected Xbox360 with a HDD forever. XBL will assign the DLC your primary Xbox360 that can play it without a XBL internet connection. You can also download and play it on other 360's, BUT you must be signed into the same XBL account that originally purchased the content. Considering I've already bought two physical copies of COD4 for the Xbox 360 and one downloaded a 3rd copy for my MacBook.

I would love it to have purchased the game for a one time $19.99.. and been able to play it on different consoles in different locations.
GCS's Avatar GCS
12:30 PM Liked: 31
post #4251 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 1,586
Joined: May 2001
Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

Pricing should really be more like this IMHO

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max


I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.
Daekwan's Avatar Daekwan
01:09 PM Liked: 335
post #4252 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 10,262
Joined: Mar 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

Pricing should really be more like this IMHO

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max


I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.

Same way I feel Fish. I hate discs.

The are noisy. They generate heat. They get scratched. They get broken. They need to be physically put away in safe manner. They collect dust. They get lost. They get stolen. They must be put in the tray. They must be swapped when playing different games. You cant move the 360 while a disc is inserted and it is spinning or it will get damaged (found this out the hard way and ended up purchasing a 2nd physical copy of COD4).

Give me a reasonable DLC option and not only will I purchase future DLC games for full price on release day. I'll go and re-purchase my favourites as I can finally get rid of the discs.
mrlittlejeans's Avatar mrlittlejeans
01:38 PM Liked: 201
post #4253 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 4,758
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

Pricing should really be more like this IMHO

COD4 is $0 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max


I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.

Corrected this. There is no way they should be charging anything for a hacked up game they stopped supporting. I was once told never to attribute anything to malice or dishonesty that can be attributed to stupidity. I don't think Activision is stupid enough to have let these games go they way they did.
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
01:56 PM Liked: 567
post #4254 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

only if you are using the disc for target practice.
Lol! I couldn't agree with this more!

I think a retro reunion night is a good idea! Cod4, mw2 or blops 1-- I might be able to be talked into mw3 but only if pill is playing. I need one person in that lobby who will be raging as hard as me at that POS. Who's in?? biggrin.gif
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
01:58 PM Liked: 567
post #4255 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Corrected this. There is no way they should be charging anything for a hacked up game they stopped supporting. I was once told never to attribute anything to malice or dishonesty that can be attributed to stupidity. I don't think Activision is stupid enough to have let these games go they way they did.

Good point. But then blops 2 should be free as well with all the crazy lag switching and 'spawn to me' hacks. Blops2 might actually be worse than mw2 was in it's hayday...
ProblemHouston's Avatar ProblemHouston
02:58 PM Liked: 26
post #4256 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 760
Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Good point. But then blops 2 should be free as well with all the crazy lag switching and'spawn to me' hackss. Blops2 might actually be worse than mw2 was in it's hayday...

What is this you speak of? Cause I swear I played against a guy last night on the level with the fountain in the middle and I (and a couple of teammates) spawned directly in front of him 3 times in a row and died instanly each time:eek:. It was just outside of the building with the little car inside and the van. the spawn was on the steps leading down to the fountain. That's not a normal spawn is it?
mrlittlejeans's Avatar mrlittlejeans
03:00 PM Liked: 201
post #4257 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 4,758
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

If I would have seen this earlier I would have been game.

Had a couple of OG's (Tronn and Gonzo/Mike/Gezus) hit me up last night about playing COD4 (yes MW1) last night. Too bad I didnt have access to the disc at the time.

Actually after looking at a few pics. I should have just bought the game download for $20 bucks. If they hit me up again, I'm definitely buying it again. Will make the 4th time I've purchased that game lol

If these pics dont make you tear you up a little bit. Then you truly have no idea just how good COD was at one point & time.




I love overgrown. Just made big counterclockwise circles around the map with dead silence, a silenced MP5 and whatever perk UAV jammer was.
CrowSS's Avatar CrowSS
03:12 PM Liked: 17
post #4258 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 295
Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Best part about this option is no disc to put in and out of your console and listen to it spin. Plus you can change games w/o getting your lazy ass up off the couch.

Pricing should really be more like this IMHO

COD4 is $9.99 max

MW2 is $19.99 max

BLOPS1 is $19.99 max

MW3 is $29.99 max

BLOPS2 is $39.99 max


I would be tempted to repurchase each of these in digital form at these prices and ditch my discs even though I hate the idea of not having the disc.

You guys missed it earlier this month:
Xbox Live Ultimate Sale: Day 4
There's a link at Major Nelson's Blog too, but I can't view that from work.


Call of Duty: World at War: $9.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops: $19.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: $49.99
Call of Duty 2: $9.99
Call of Duty 3: $9.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $9.99
Modern Warfare 2: $9.99
Modern Warfare 3: $29.99
General Kenobi's Avatar General Kenobi
03:46 PM Liked: 368
post #4259 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 5,941
Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Yep! I forgot what silly azz marketing term they call it, but I believe its something like Microsoft Games on Demand. Which means yes the game is downloadable.

Here are the prices & links straight to FULL-LENGTH downloadable COD games.

COD4 is $19.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607e6?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW2 is $29.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560817?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS1 is $49.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560855?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

MW3 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Modern-Warfare-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608cb?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

BLOPS2 is $59.99 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608c3?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone



And I'm pretty sure like other DLC, you pay for it once under a certain XBL account you can play it any online connected Xbox360 with a HDD forever. XBL will assign the DLC your primary Xbox360 that can play it without a XBL internet connection. You can also download and play it on other 360's, BUT you must be signed into the same XBL account that originally purchased the content. Considering I've already bought two physical copies of COD4 for the Xbox 360 and one downloaded a 3rd copy for my MacBook.

I would love it to have purchased the game for a one time $19.99.. and been able to play it on different consoles in different locations.
I would almost do it for the older ones if it included DLC ( some I have some I don't) but with a new console around the corner I'll probably skip it and just wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

I love overgrown. Just made big counterclockwise circles around the map with dead silence, a silenced MP5 and whatever perk UAV jammer was.

Ugh, I hated that map... nothing but pussassnipers all over the place. Give me Broadcast, Ambush, or even Pipeline.
sage11x's Avatar sage11x
05:05 PM Liked: 567
post #4260 of 4672
03-20-2013 | Posts: 2,544
Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

What is this you speak of? Cause I swear I played against a guy last night on the level with the fountain in the middle and I (and a couple of teammates) spawned directly in front of him 3 times in a row and died instanly each time:eek:. It was just outside of the building with the little car inside and the van. the spawn was on the steps leading down to the fountain. That's not a normal spawn is it?

Yeah-- no it's not. smile.gif

Crap happens to me all the time. There are a few videos up on YouTube showing how it's done. Even 402thunder402 has posted several vids in his "name and shame" campaign showing this BS at work. Blops 2 has a LOT of problems.
Tags: Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

Reply Xbox Area

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3