post #4621 of 4672 Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Really. I had no idea ... color me surprised.

Glad I have you around to keep me informed buckles. You are so helpful you tag stealing little b**ch wink.gif

So for those of you who have played the new maps does anyone have any FEEDBACK on them?

Greg

Ohhhhh you wanted feedback.. well I tried to play a few rounds this morning but the download was running slow as hell. Glad I pay for XBL.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 4672 Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Any word on the new maps?

The new maps are pretty good...they have variety and support multiple game types.

Its still a quick-scoper's paradise though. Uplink is Summit from Black Ops with a new skin.

Good design and fun...so far.
post #4623 of 4672 Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
The most annoying thing about the remade maps is that EVERYONE overwhelmingly votes for them. It's so difficult to find a game that isn't the remake, just like last pack.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #4624 of 4672 Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
uh, because they just came out, right? Put it to you another way...I had the opposite experience and now THAT was frustrating. I pay m'hard earned money and d/l the map pack which took a while, then I get on all excited to try it and the vast majority of games I get in, one of the new maps isn't even one of the voting options! I just d/l new maps and I'm forced to spend much of that night replaying f'ing old maps. And before you say I should just play the playlist that is new maps only...I tried but I play Hardcore only and I just absolutely cannot stand playing Core. So yeah, nobody gets what they *(&^F want dude eek.gif

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #4625 of 4672 Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 363
This is the first COD map pack I have not purchased. The season pass thing was a mistake for me and lesson learned in MW3 so I skipped it on Blops 2. I'm sure the maps are fun but at this point I could care less, the game is stale as hell and new maps really wont change my interest or enjoyment at this stage in the game. I play it because it's COD and I don't play much else but I'm really ready for something entirely new like Titanfall so I'm skipping it.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #4626 of 4672 Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

This is the first COD map pack I have not purchased. The season pass thing was a mistake for me and lesson learned in MW3 so I skipped it on Blops 2. I'm sure the maps are fun but at this point I could care less, the game is stale as hell and new maps really wont change my interest or enjoyment at this stage in the game. I play it because it's COD and I don't play much else but I'm really ready for something entirely new like Titanfall so I'm skipping it.
I made the mistake of getting the season pass,big mistake,a bunch of reskinned maps and seemingly a lot more lag.Played for about an hour today on new maps,host migration,lagging and stuttering,I quit before I broke something only to pick up a 5 min probation,F**K BLOPS,back to Forza 4 and LeMans for a bit.
post #4627 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
While I can see why some do not like reskinned maps & will openly admit that BLOPS2 has more connection issues than ANY other game I've ever played.. I have to admit its still fun to play. I played all holiday weekend and had a ball. I cant remember too many frustrating moments.

Furthermore the $50 season pass, in addition to the $60 original game purchase still seems like a deal for the content and experience I've gotten so far. I believe we have gotten 10-12 additional multiplayer maps so far, with another 2-4 multiplayer maps on the way. Combine that with the additional single player stuff & zombie modes.. and this all seems worthy of the additional $50 season pass asking price.

Yes.. technical issues still remain with this game. But Yes.. the fun also remains with this game. Even better is November is quickly approaching with Infinity Ward now up to bat for their try at COD:Ghosts.. hopefully the technical issues will be fixed in the next installment. If not, I expect Respawn & TitanFall to deliver what the next gen COD experience should truly feel like.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #4628 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I preferred the monthly drip that we got with MW3. The time between the map packs now is way too long, I completely lose interest in it, and it doesn't really grab me back. Especially when the overwhelming map vote in the DLC playlist is the one I've played a million times before.

They seem look good maps though.

post #4629 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

While I can see why some do not like reskinned maps & will openly admit that BLOPS2 has more connection issues than ANY other game I've ever played.. I have to admit its still fun to play. I played all holiday weekend and had a ball. I cant remember too many frustrating moments.

Furthermore the $50 season pass, in addition to the $60 original game purchase still seems like a deal for the content and experience I've gotten so far. I believe we have gotten 10-12 additional multiplayer maps so far, with another 2-4 multiplayer maps on the way. Combine that with the additional single player stuff & zombie modes.. and this all seems worthy of the additional $50 season pass asking price.

Yes.. technical issues still remain with this game. But Yes.. the fun also remains with this game. Even better is November is quickly approaching with Infinity Ward now up to bat for their try at COD:Ghosts.. hopefully the technical issues will be fixed in the next installment. If not, I expect Respawn & TitanFall to deliver what the next gen COD experience should truly feel like.
I could see that if I played less often but for those of us that are on regularly week to week it's old. The lag, host migrations, etc. can all be blamed for the loss in interest but I think the format is just stale at this point. Not that AVS is a yardstick of much value but compare the activity in this thread now to the Blops or MW2 threads at the same time, 8 months after release. Just a guess but I'd bet the enthusiasm or at minimum the thread activity was much higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I preferred the monthly drip that we got with MW3. The time between the map packs now is way too long, I completely lose interest in it, and it doesn't really grab me back. Especially when the overwhelming map vote in the DLC playlist is the one I've played a million times before.

They seem look good maps though.
This. I wasn't too hot on it when MW3 was doing it but now in contrast it does seem very long in between drops and I am sooo sick of people voting for Hijacked but have to say I still enjoy Standoff quite a bit.

My Rig

post #4630 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Not that AVS is a yardstick of much value but compare the activity in this thread now to the Blops or MW2 threads at the same time, 8 months after release. Just a guess but I'd bet the enthusiasm or at minimum the thread activity was much higher.

Not only that, but the ghosts thread is practically on life support. By this time last year it had hundreds if not thousands of posts. The interest in COD in general is definitely tapering off.

Was a great run though.

post #4631 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

TitanFall is going to $h1t all over COD Ghosts. Mark my words.

post #4632 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I agree but am also hesitant to get too excited. From the footage I've seen though it was all goosebumps baby and exactly the shot in the arm FPS needs to revive the excitement and fun factor we had when things were fresh and original with COD.

My Rig

post #4633 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
How many years have we been circle jerking over these games?
What have we learned?

None of this makes a difference until you get the game and try to play MP online.
Talk to me on release day, before that I've got better things to do that watch you guys whack it to marketing vids and try to predict outcomes
in a vacuum.

biggrin.gif
post #4634 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 101
They hooked me on Ghosts with the Free Fall map. I hadn't bothered to pre-order it yet but I figured I might as well since I was going to get it anyway. Might as well get the free map on release day. I am looking forward to the MP info for Ghosts with regards to any new "Next Gen" features. Whether there are any or not will be nice to find out.

Titanfall will do great especially since it will come out during the down time of COD.

post #4635 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

K. I'm gonna save this so I can bring it back when no-one's playing it a month after release.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #4636 of 4672 Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

They hooked me on Ghosts with the Free Fall map. I hadn't bothered to pre-order it yet but I figured I might as well since I was going to get it anyway. Might as well get the free map on release day. I am looking forward to the MP info for Ghosts with regards to any new "Next Gen" features. Whether there are any or not will be nice to find out.

Titanfall will do great especially since it will come out during the down time of COD.
I'll get it too as it's probably the only launch title I'll be interested in and it's COD, next gen, blah blah blah. Titanfall has a fantastic opportunity given the time it is coming out being down for COD and after xbone has been out for a bit that hopefully it will make better use of nextgen capabilities and finally be a game changer in the FPS world... fingers crossed.

My Rig

post #4637 of 4672 Old 07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

K. I'm gonna save this so I can bring it back when no-one's playing it a month after release.

It won't beat Call of Duty's numbers but I expect Titanfall to do quite well. The game was very well received at E3 and it's showing up on the radar of many CoD enthusaist forums and YouTube channels. People know that this is the real CoD "5" from the original team and excitement is out there. Don't forget that there are a large contingent of players (myself included) who have moved on from the McDonalds of FPS to greener pastures in battlefield, halo 4 and even legacy CoD titles. Close to home: the entire group I once played with nearly EVERY night in mw2 completely disbanded after the disaster that was mw3-- those guys/girls still want to game but don't want to put up with all the nonsense that exists in the CoD "community". I think Titanfall has a real opportunity to tap in to that vein of players ostracized from CoD and tired of halo. With new gameplay mechanics and dedicated servers brought to us by the same pedigree that gave us CoD4 I think it's a little insane to count Titanfall out so easily.

My only disappointment is the lack of a PS4 release. I get that M$'s cloud servers make much of what they are doing possible but it's still a disappointment.
ultracat likes this.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #4638 of 4672 Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

It won't beat Call of Duty's numbers but I expect Titanfall to do quite well. The game was very well received at E3 and it's showing up on the radar of many CoD enthusaist forums and YouTube channels. People know that this is the real CoD "5" from the original team and excitement is out there. Don't forget that there are a large contingent of players (myself included) who have moved on from the McDonalds of FPS to greener pastures in battlefield, halo 4 and even legacy CoD titles. Close to home: the entire group I once played with nearly EVERY night in mw2 completely disbanded after the disaster that was mw3-- those guys/girls still want to game but don't want to put up with all the nonsense that exists in the CoD "community". I think Titanfall has a real opportunity to tap in to that vein of players ostracized from CoD and tired of halo. With new gameplay mechanics and dedicated servers brought to us by the same pedigree that gave us CoD4 I think it's a little insane to count Titanfall out so easily.

My only disappointment is the lack of a PS4 release. I get that M$'s cloud servers make much of what they are doing possible but it's still a disappointment.

Sorry but BF3 and Halo 4 can't even begin to fill the void of COD. I'll give you older COD titles. Titanfall is the only game that is going to be able to really compete with Ghosts and pull a large group of players over.

post #4639 of 4672 Old 07-13-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry but BF3 and Halo 4 can't even begin to fill the void of COD. I'll give you older COD titles. Titanfall is the only game that is going to be able to really compete with Ghosts and pull a large group of players over.

BF3 still has a good turn out. Halo 4 is jamming and, while Reach is all but a ghost town, halo3 still manages to pull a decent crowd.

I've been playing a lot of blops1 lately. I still feel that this was the genesis of the CoD connection-based gameplay but it's hard to argue with the balance: blops1, apart from some connection issues, might be the least frustrating CoD after 4. Interesting that I'm beginning to run into more and more hacked lobbies... The nova gas hack and unlimited mortar team hacks are quickly ruining lobbies much in the way cod4, w@w and mw2 are all but ruined. It's sad... Another one bites the dust.

--Carl Sagan
post #4640 of 4672 Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I think BF could offer some serious competition for COD if they'd make the game more accessible for new comers. A training mode with bots and driving/flying tutorials would be a great addition and add value to their advertisement to bring converts over. I know some of the awesome avs folks have really helpful videos up on these items but hands on is really the way to go. I agree on Blops 1, it was the high water mark for sure (after they worked out the hit detection issues).

My Rig

post #4641 of 4672 Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I know no one is really playing this anymore but I just realized, after all this time, that if a hellstorm missle is in bound on your location all you have to do is throw an EMP grenade at your feet and it destroys the missles. Did it by accident so I tested it out and it worked every time. Man, I sure could of saved a lot of deaths if I knew that.

Question is, does the EMP grenade also protect you from the hunter killer drone if you hear the beeping and time it right, will it destroy the hunter killer?

post #4642 of 4672 Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I know no one is really playing this anymore but I just realized, after all this time, that if a hellstorm missle is in bound on your location all you have to do is throw an EMP grenade at your feet and it destroys the missles. Did it by accident so I tested it out and it worked every time. Man, I sure could of saved a lot of deaths if I knew that.

Question is, does the EMP grenade also protect you from the hunter killer drone if you hear the beeping and time it right, will it destroy the hunter killer?

Not positive, but I'd imagine so. Just like if you throw the EMP just as the person is deploying it, you can destroy it. I would imagine it is much more difficult to do just as it flies in at you, but possible.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

post #4643 of 4672 Old 07-18-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Yes, hunter killers can be destroyed by EMP grenades. Also, trophy systems eat them.
post #4644 of 4672 Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yes, hunter killers can be destroyed by EMP grenades. Also, trophy systems eat them.

Does a trophy system protect you from the hellstorm missile too?

post #4645 of 4672 Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Does a trophy system protect you from the hellstorm missile too?
No. It is def a downgrade from the one in MW3 when it comes to protection from air strikes.

My Rig

post #4646 of 4672 Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM

Liked: 12
I guess I should try a black hat!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #4647 of 4672 Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
http://kotaku.com/death-threats-follow-small-call-of-duty-tweak-888324886

This is pretty pathetic. Idiots take their call of duty too seriously.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #4648 of 4672 Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Sad that people get worked up over a video game. Makes me wonder what they are like in real life events.

post #4649 of 4672 Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

No. It is def a downgrade from the one in MW3 when it comes to protection from air strikes.

How would you know? wink.gif
post #4650 of 4672 Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGFFCQ_5H7o&sns=em

Lmao!

Ladies and gentleman, please put your hands together-- the Call of Duty Black Ops Two community!!! The Black Ops Two community, everyone!!!

--Carl Sagan
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page