post #451 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Well that's a plus +1
No last stand = +2

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Caught a glimpse at the scoreboard in hard point. Shows score, kills, deaths, captures, defends. The TDM one shows ratio. (It should really show spread though)
So basically, same as blops.

Is it wrong that it annoys the hell out of me that they are now calling Domination "Hard Point"? Or is this really a new game mode?

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #453 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

Well that's a plus +1
No last stand = +2

Still have lightweight and "dexterity", in different classes for easy Commando action = -5
Quickdraw allowed on snipers...still = -10

The first game that comes out with a no sniper mode will get my dollars. I cannot tell you how utterly annoying they are.

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #454 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Is it wrong that it annoys the hell out of me that they are now calling Domination "Hard Point"? Or is this really a new game mode?

New game mode, er.. sorta. Kinda like drop zone, but no care packages. So really it's a lot like HQ+DOM?

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #455 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:

Its a separate game mode. Domination returns exactly the same. Hard point is like a mix of dom and HQ. There's one flag that keeps shifting, both teams need to fight to hold it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #456 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Still have lightweight and "dexterity", in different classes for easy Commando action = -5
The first game that comes out with a no sniper mode will get my dollars. I cannot tell you how utterly annoying they are.

I saw this one video where he was quickscoping like crazy, made even easier with the iron sights.

post #457 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Its a separate game mode. Domination returns exactly the same. Hard point is like a mix of dom and HQ. There's one flag that keeps shifting, both teams need to fight to hold it.

Ahhh. Ok, that sounds like it might be cool. +2 for new game modes. smile.gif

post #458 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So far, you have yet to make a point that I can argue with...

post #459 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I saw this one video where he was quickscoping like crazy, made even easier with the iron sights.

NO WAY!!!! That by far is the most upsetting thing about COD for me.mad.gif

post #460 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

NO WAY!!!! That by far is the most upsetting thing about COD for me.mad.gif

Way.

Although without an actual scope, it's not like that rifle is anything special at long range, so it kind balances out.

Im sure it'll still piss me off when someone one shots me with a rifle from 2 feet away.

post #461 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The tournament/ranked mode sounds interesting. They're gating players/teams into 7 skill tiers - the thing is that there is no way they can split the player base that thinly and still let people choose particular game modes. So you'll probably have to deal with a mix, no idea how exactly theyre dealing with teams of different sizes....but it should at least give a way for the better teams to find a challenge. If they get it right it could end up everyone's default mode.

post #462 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The tournament/ranked mode sounds interesting. They're gating players/teams into 7 skill tiers - the thing is that there is no way they can split the player base that thinly and still let people choose particular game modes. So you'll probably have to deal with a mix, no idea how exactly theyre dealing with teams of different sizes....but it should at least give a way for the better teams to find a challenge. If they get it right it could end up everyone's default mode.

So does this mean I won't be in a lobby with 6 15th prestige or higher guys and get creamed cause I got put on one team and it put them all on the other team?
jblank74 likes this.

post #463 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 03:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

So does this mean I won't be in a lobby with 6 15th prestige or higher guys and get creamed cause I got put on one team and it put them all on the other team?

Not in that mode, unless they're really scrubby 15th prestiges.

post #464 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I looked over the perks and didn't see last stand anywhere. smile.gif
But this one bothered me though..
Dexterity — Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting. So I am still going to get stabbed by some lightweight pistol carrying stab-o-holic after putting 3 close range shots into his chest. Is it that hard to write a code that makes it so you cannot stab someone while you are injured or have the red screen?

No, what they need in the game is a "reeling" reaction, if you are hit, that stops your movement. If they did that, when these jackasses come at you trying to stab, one bullet breaks them out of the "stabbing motion" and makes it so they don't continue towards you. As it is right now, there is no kinetic "oomph" to the bullets when you are stabbing, which is why people just stab through a hail of bullets and keep going.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #465 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I snipe some, but I don't quick scope and I absolutely HATE that it's even possible in the games. Sniping in and of itself is fine, but just like Shotguns, they get abused, or should I say, mis-used and it cheapens people that are legitimately good, non-cheesing snipers.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #466 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I snipe some, but I don't quick scope and I absolutely HATE that it's even possible in the games. Sniping in and of itself is fine, but just like Shotguns, they get abused, or should I say, mis-used and it cheapens people that are legitimately good, non-cheesing snipers.

I could buy that but as long as snipers exist I fear there will be quickscopers.

post #467 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It seems like they would have to disallow parties in this mode. So, for those of us that play in a group all the time it's going to not be used much.

post #468 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It seems like they would have to disallow parties in this mode. So, for those of us that play in a group all the time it's going to not be used much.

I forget where I read it, but teams are def a part of it, and multi-TDM probably plays into it.

post #469 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I could buy that but as long as snipers exist I fear there will be quickscopers.

To fix it, all they have to do is add a "focus", where the gun cannot be fired until your eye focuses down the sight. Make it so that after you hit "LT", to bring the gun up, the screen blurs or blinks momentarily, and during that, you CANNOT fire.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #470 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

To fix it, all they have to do is add a "focus", where the gun cannot be fired until your eye focuses down the sight. Make it so that after you hit "LT", to bring the gun up, the screen blurs or blinks momentarily, and during that, you CANNOT fire.

That'd be functionally no different than what they did in blops. They kind of made the whole class irrelevant...which was fine by me.

post #471 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Gosh, wow, I disagree. I sniped a lot in BLOPS and never had a problem with it. In any event, it would just plain work, and it seems it would be an easy (and rather realistic) fix.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #472 of 4672 Old 08-14-2012, 06:56 PM

Liked: 11
perhaps they should eliminate personal killstreaks altogether for any non solo mode and make them team killstreaks. either make the team killstreaks 100% random at match start, or the team can vote which killstreaks use, similar to the map voting. this way the entire team contributes to a smaller number of killstreaks going on throughout the match. they can get creative with these so that there are still some player usable streaks.

for example, you could have a team streak for chopper gunner. once the killstreak is earned by the team, the system randomly gives a teammate the chopper gunner streak and that member can then use the streak when he/she chooses. that way there be no bitching or voting on who gets it when its earned. other team killstreaks that are not manned, like the uav, would automatically deploy when earned.

probably even better would be to have both. just make the simple cheap ones like uav, recon drone, ballistic vests etc cost more and still personal killstreak, but anything that actually does killing like dogs, chopper gunner, etc go to team killstreaks. this way you can still have your own killstreaks but the team has to earn the crazy stuff and the crazy stuff is completely random and given out to a teammate completely random as well. perhaps make it so the teamstreaks do not repeat....3 teamstreaks and thats it for the entire match...

yes johnny that can never muster more than a 2 killstreak can finally be able to test out a chopper gunner. which if you think about it, yeah the team got 3 badass team streaks lets say from random...but if johnny sucks terribly, then that teamstreak just ate the dirt.

im sure this could be set up better than i explained it probably, but you get the idea
post #473 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

+100 to both of you! Blops did the best job (IMO) of "containing" the ridiculous QS'ing that plagued previous games. I hope they don't screw that up and let it back into the game.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #474 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

Why in God's name do they want to discourage rushing? I mean, think about that, they WANT you to sit and camp, to get streaks, something many of us rail about already, and it's like they are actually promoting it. I'm with you, the more I am seeing, the less I am liking it. Say what you want about the COD's in WWII, but at least they were about the gun on gun combat and not about access to a thousand gadgets, gizmos, and whatchamacallits.
I'm tellin' ya, this is a recipe for disaster and my excitement for the game is being sucked away as we talk and see these videos. They are going too much into the "techness" of things and forgetting the core gameplay (or gunplay). I can see it now, we're all going to be battling each other in remote vehicles......sigh.

Absolutely agree with your comment on "gun on gun" gameplay.

I kind of like the idea of players having to actually focus more on teamwork (I've said it before and I'll say it again - love it or hate it, the BF series focuses more on teamwork. And because of this, that gameplay is a bit slower and more methodical.) As another poster said, the COD series has really almost adopted an "arcade" style mentality for gameplay the last few releases (case can be made for Blops though).

The one thing with them putting more focus on teamwork will be to see if we'll see an enormous increase in camping (I'm looking at you Steel-Hut). If there is, than this could be a total flop in my mind. Many people like myself have a run-n-gun style of play, and if we're going to be penalized for that style...now what? Everyone adopts one style of play?

It is still early and I'm sure they'll tweak a lot of things before release date.

My wish list:

Keep Sniping the same as you had it in Blops (NO QS'ing)
Get rid of death streaks (which it looks like they've done)
Do not bring back Noob-tubes
Absolutely do not allow rambo with a knife back into the game
Finally - Be the complete opposite of MW3!

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #475 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:

That'd be functionally no different than what they did in blops. They kind of made the whole class irrelevant...which was fine by me.

I'm not sure what sniper rifle you were using in blops, but we used sniper rifles regularly (how a sniper rifle is supposed to be used, btw) and it was always fun and worked well. Hazard FTW.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #476 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Quote:

I'm not sure what sniper rifle you were using in blops, but we used sniper rifles regularly (how a sniper rifle is supposed to be used, btw) and it was always fun and worked well. Hazard FTW.

I thought the PSG was ok, but I just find it personally hard to set up camp to properly snipe. In most cases I'd just rather have an assault rifle and start putting fire on them instead of scoping in and taking it slowly.

Even still, my highest K/D weapons in blops were the sniper rifles. tongue.gif

They were well done in blops.

post #477 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/15/3244219/activision-confirms-the-death-of-deathstreaks-in-black-ops-2
Quote:
"Black Ops 2 MP does not have any deathstreaks, this includes any form of Last Stand, Final Stand, and Second Chance," they wrote.

So that's settled at least.
Quote:
We've also been told that the list of weapons, secondaries, attachments, perks, grenades, wildcards and scorestreaks that ran first on Polygon is the current full list of unlockables for the game.

Really thin list of primaries then. Only 7 assault rifles? 3 LMGs? 5 SMGs? Such a huge downgrade from prior games. 21 total primaries down from 31 in blops and 33 in mw3. Lame!

post #478 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

http://mobile.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/15/3244219/activision-confirms-the-death-of-deathstreaks-in-black-ops-2
So that's settled at least.
Really thin list of primaries then. Only 7 assault rifles? 3 LMGs? 5 SMGs? Such a huge downgrade from prior games. 21 total primaries down from 31 in blops and 33 in mw3. Lame!

Disappointing.

Maybe we can hang our hopes on the word "current" as in, maybe the list will be expanded in the next couple months.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #479 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Either that or they're holding back for DLC. But I'm honestly not that hopeful. They're memory constrained, and with all the new gizmos and customization, something had to get cut to squeeze into that 512mb, and they chose weapons.

I hope I'm wrong.

post #480 of 4672 Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67

Thank god. Not sure what BB and Mighty will do now that they don't have their gay final stand to use.

I can say though I'll definitely miss the mini nuke death streak wink.gif It was always nice to kill someone then be immediately blown to the moon.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page