Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 4672 Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
New (Menu) IMAGE teased by David Vonderhaar
Published on October 21, 2012 by Victor in BlackOps2, Screenshots, Tease, Treyarch

Not much to reveal here, again this is for the folks that missed this on Twitter yesterday. We’re pretty excited to tryout the all new emblem editor on Nov. 13th though.

UPDATE: David Vonderhaar confirmed some more details today:

Emblem Editor:

More Layers- 35 total layers to be exact. Some of the emblems Treyarch made blew our minds.

RGB Color- Not only do you have the original standard colors to choose from, you can now use custom colors from the RGB scale if your want to be picky about which colors you’re using.

Transparency- Make the background of your emblem transparent. Which means a carefully placed emblem over a player card could make for some interesting combinations. Treyarch put this to good use when designing the player cards for BO2 (which look amazing and more detailed by the way)

SOURCE: @DavidVonderhaar

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 AM

Liked: 11
What are you boys playing these days? BLOPS or MW3? I need to hop back on and make sure my noob skills are still intact before BLOPS 2.
post #813 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

New (Menu) IMAGE teased by David Vonderhaar
Published on October 21, 2012 by Victor in BlackOps2, Screenshots, Tease, Treyarch
Not much to reveal here, again this is for the folks that missed this on Twitter yesterday. We’re pretty excited to tryout the all new emblem editor on Nov. 13th though.

UPDATE: David Vonderhaar confirmed some more details today:
Emblem Editor:
More Layers- 35 total layers to be exact. Some of the emblems Treyarch made blew our minds.
RGB Color- Not only do you have the original standard colors to choose from, you can now use custom colors from the RGB scale if your want to be picky about which colors you’re using.
Transparency- Make the background of your emblem transparent. Which means a carefully placed emblem over a player card could make for some interesting combinations. Treyarch put this to good use when designing the player cards for BO2 (which look amazing and more detailed by the way)
SOURCE: @DavidVonderhaar

Great. ...so 35 layers of rabbits, donkeys and apes with huge members.

I guess the nice thing is seeing a player's emblem tells you how old they are IRL.

Xbox GT: Crowsslt1
post #814 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Played both this weekend.

Oh how I missed Hardcore Blops!!!! I am glad they are putting in KC in the new one. I will be happy if the netcode/lag comp/whatever is the same as it was in Blops. Obviously I have jinxed myself and it will be dreadful on our end.biggrin.gif:eek:

And I may have solved some of Mrs. and my lag issues. Especially when partied up. It made her a happy camper!
Need to try it out in a party of 6 now.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #815 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Black Ops sucks.

I have spoken.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

post #816 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Come on Mystaphyer.... Just cause you go 20-10 instead of 40-5 does not mean the game sucks...

I played on his team for a while.He did fine....

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #817 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
I actually love that BLOPS plays a bit slower. Its COD, but weighed down. Guns have more random recoil, weapons have more weight, animations take longer and running around maps feels alot less "Unreal Tournament" and alot more "Halo" like. BLOPS also has the football field spawn points (my side of the map vs. your side of the map). Nothing frustrates me more than playing MW2 & MW3 than having enemies constantly shoot me from behind. BLOPS also has more detailed maps. And both players & items have more colour "pop" to them. In MW its also easy to just lay down in the grass or in a dark spot and hide. With BLOPS, even the uniforms standout more.. making it easier to spot the enemy and creating less camping situation.s

While MW2 felt like cartoon heroes on crack in the middle of a war. MW3 tried to slow down the pace and bring back the gun fights. With Treyarch titles, gun fights tend to go on a bit longer because there arent any lazer beam accurate weapons with no recoil. Every primary weapon truly fires differently and you are forced to bring the right weapon to the job.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #818 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I actually love that BLOPS plays a bit slower. Its COD, but weighed down. Guns have more random recoil, weapons have more weight, animations take longer and running around maps feels alot less "Unreal Tournament" and alot more "Halo" like. BLOPS also has the football field spawn points (my side of the map vs. your side of the map). Nothing frustrates me more than playing MW2 & MW3 than having enemies constantly shoot me from behind. BLOPS also has more detailed maps. And both players & items have more colour "pop" to them. In MW its also easy to just lay down in the grass or in a dark spot and hide. With BLOPS, even the uniforms standout more.. making it easier to spot the enemy and creating less camping situation.s
While MW2 felt like cartoon heroes on crack in the middle of a war. MW3 tried to slow down the pace and bring back the gun fights. With Treyarch titles, gun fights tend to go on a bit longer because there arent any lazer beam accurate weapons with no recoil. Every primary weapon truly fires differently and you are forced to bring the right weapon to the job.

Couldn't agree more. Switched over to BLOPS last weekend and found that it was taking me longer to get the kill than in MW3. I was releasing the trigger early and end up getting killed until I got used to it.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #819 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

If some random person were to ask me the difference between Blops and MW3, I'd almost say what you said above Daekwan word for word. The one thing you forgot to mention, and something that hit me like a ton of bricks the other night - the sound stage in Blops is 10x better than MW3, to the point when the game first came on it was so loud I had to rip the headset off (to which Mysta, Con, Snarky, and a few others got a good laugh at).

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #820 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I can't wait till bo2 so we can move on to a better game. The unreal tournament feeling of mw3, and the small maps with terrible spawns, suck bad. Buy like a loyal soldier , I answer the call almost daily

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #821 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Hopefully blops 2 does slow it down a bit...but judging from what I've seen from videos and commentary, I'm not so sure yet. Most seem to say its somewhere between blops and mw3. It looks great but I'm not quite ready to declare it the savior. I'm already seeing a few things that seem like regressions from mw3 or simply terrible ideas....but I'm withholding judgement until I've played it for a bit.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #822 of 4672 Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

PERFECTLY accurate description/comparison. Let's hope they bring the best of all 3 titles next...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #823 of 4672 Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Here is my conclusion. After much whining and crying, I have decided it is not worth my time to play Black Ops right now. While there is a chance BO2's gameplay could be like BO, I don't feel like I'm going to make myself good at BO2 just by going back to BO for a few weeks prior to release. And it's not worth the frustration. smile.gif

I think if I played it long enough, I'd get the feel for it. But at this point, I'll just take my chances with trying BO2 fresh out of the box and start practicing from there. And if I suck at BO2? Oh well - at least Steelhouse and Lizard will stop complaining. biggrin.gif

post #824 of 4672 Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Here is my conclusion. After much whining and crying, I have decided it is not worth my time to play Black Ops right now. While there is a chance BO2's gameplay could be like BO, I don't feel like I'm going to make myself good at BO2 just by going back to BO for a few weeks prior to release. And it's not worth the frustration. smile.gif
I think if I played it long enough, I'd get the feel for it. But at this point, I'll just take my chances with trying BO2 fresh out of the box and start practicing from there. And if I suck at BO2? Oh well - at least Steelhouse and Lizard will stop complaining. biggrin.gif

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #825 of 4672 Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:

Indeed sir. Parish has to be the worst offender for failed spawns. I think the graphics and hit detection were the biggest issues with blops when comparing it to MW2 for me. Lots to look forward to with the blops 2 and Halo 4, the only games I buy each year it seems.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #826 of 4672 Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Great. ...so 35 layers of rabbits, donkeys and apes with huge members.
I guess the nice thing is seeing a player's emblem tells you how old they are IRL.

Yeah no kidding! Spot on
post #827 of 4672 Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Indeed sir. Parish has to be the worst offender for failed spawns. I think the graphics and hit detection were the biggest issues with blops when comparing it to MW2 for me. Lots to look forward to with the blops 2 and Halo 4, the only games I buy each year it seems.

I was debating whether to get Halo 4. Which of you will? So far I have my brother and Zombie.........takers? I like playing in groups. That is all
post #828 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:

You buy Halo 4 and Blops 2 every year?

I eat pieces of sh!t like you for breakfast.

In response to Greg, I've never played any of the Halo games. Not sure my limited physical abilities would allow my body to get used to two FPS games at the same time.

post #829 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

In response to Greg, I've never played any of the Halo games. Not sure my limited physical abilities would allow my body to get used to two FPS games at the same time.

I agree. I have never played any of the Halo games. I'm debating on getting Halo 4 but like Husker, I'm a group kinda guy now that I've been on AVS and played with you guys so much.

XBL Gamertag: CoolZero78

Current Games: COD: Ghosts

post #830 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I was debating whether to get Halo 4. Which of you will? So far I have my brother and Zombie.........takers? I like playing in groups. That is all

My wife has hinted she is getting me the Halo 4 xbox for my Bday which happens to be Nov 6th. Either way, I will be getting Halo 4.
post #831 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by juke_box View Post

I agree. I have never played any of the Halo games. I'm debating on getting Halo 4 but like Husker, I'm a group kinda guy now that I've been on AVS and played with you guys so much.

Not only have you commited a sin against gaming for never playing halo, but you're also a Clemson fan.mad.gif

post #832 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

If this campaign is anything near the awesomeness that Reach was doing a up to 4 person co-op would be pretty fun. I played through Reach via co-op with 2 friends and we had a blast, played through it again on my own too. I haven't been following the news much, will they do co-op campaigns for blops 2?
Quote:

The last great Adam Sandler movie... well played sir!
Yes, I can't tell you how many times I have popped Halo in and first round I go to ADS and chuck a frag. Takes some getting used to but not much. The biggest thing for me is my playstyle, I have to constantly remind myself to get my POA/POI up to headshot level because when you start trading rounds the most headshots takes shields down and kills fastest. I was losing most firefights unloading a mag and a half center mass.

My Rig

post #833 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:

Yes, I can't tell you how many times I have popped Halo in and first round I go to ADS and chuck a frag. Takes some getting used to but not much. The biggest thing for me is my playstyle, I have to constantly remind myself to get my POA/POI up to headshot level because when you start trading rounds the most headshots takes shields down and kills fastest. I was losing most firefights unloading a mag and a half center mass.
This is something that I try to tell people that don't play Halo that much. They complain about how you need a clip and a half just to kill someone. If it takes you that long, you're doing it wrong. Go for the head and you will kill people quick.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #834 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Hmm...never knew that. Must be why I suck so bad at Halo.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #835 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Yep headshots is what you need in Halo. I enjoyed Reach quite a bit even though I sucked at it. I enjoy COD games more though.

Of course both games are only fun for me when playing with friends. I used play by COD on my own a lot but now its just not the same w/o my chalupatron and AVS buddies.

I will say it again it is stupid for them to release Halo and COD games so close to one another.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #836 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Hmm...never knew that. Must be why I suck so bad at Halo.
Yeah, add that to the fact that while they have your head zeroed in and you are trying to do the same they are also strafing and jumping 9 feet in the air over and over. I'm sure you've heard people in COD say something like "YOU HALO JUMPING *insert colorful pillpusher profanity*!!" tongue.gif There are no kill cams but after you've been killed you get to enjoy watching your opponent pistol whip your corpse while humping it. I'm not selling this am I?

My Rig

post #837 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, add that to the fact that while they have your head zeroed in and you are trying to do the same they are also strafing and jumping 9 feet in the air over and over. I'm sure you've heard people in COD say something like "YOU HALO JUMPING *insert colorful pillpusher profanity*!!" tongue.gif There are no kill cams but after you've been killed you get to enjoy watching your opponent pistol whip your corpse while humping it. I'm not selling this am I?

Quoted for truth.

And I my absolute favorite thing to do in COD (outside of crossbowing people -- (hi conman)) is kill those Halo Jumping douchebags.

post #838 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Quoted for truth.
And I my absolute favorite thing to do in COD (outside of crossbowing people -- (hi conman)) is kill those Halo Jumping douchebags.
I was playing a match on Gulch and got killed by some idiot doing one of those jump off a cliff 360 sniper shots. Total luck on his part but it pissed me off... I can't even count how many times I killed him after that but as far as I was concerned he was the only member of the other team.

My Rig

post #839 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
I have had some really good throwing knife kills the last few times playing. Unfortunately I have had the theater mode turned off. I thought I had read that is supposed to help with lag.

Nailed someone on Sanctuary who was up on that high side balcony. I came up the far left stairs, lined him up and ducked under the covered walkway as I threw it. Bullseye! biggrin.gif

On Bakaara, I was in that side area by the white truck (forget which flag is there) and someone was up on the balcony across the street. I saw them as I came around the corner so I quickly backed up behind the corner and lined up the knife. I just popped out and threw it. As I hid back around the corner, Bullseye popped up! I love seeing that pop up on the screen.

I can't wait to use the tomahawk in Blops 2. No idea why, but I liked them so much more than the throwing knife. Maybe it is the bulk of it and how it looks sticking out of someone's head? tongue.gif I will probably make a class with 2 tomahawks even though it will cost me a wildcard. In Blops, on long throws I always used to use the first one to line up the shot and could connect with the second one.

post #840 of 4672 Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

You also get a hell of a lot more "bank shot" kills with the tomahawk. That's one of the things I have been working on lately now that I have gone back to BLOPS for a bit. Sometimes the bank shot kill is easier for me since I am not as "quick" with the aim as you guys.

Greg

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page