post #2071 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

False analogy. People who snipe in kill confirmed AREN'T helping the team in any way. Simply not the case in the video...

I disagree and I have stated (along with others) why people not playing objectives is wrong, so I will just leave it at that.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

A sniper by himself is doing nothing but if he has teammate collecting tags than it works. For the record I hate sniping/snipers. I wouldn't shed a single tear if they weren't included in the game.
The other douchbaggery is the people who kill you at close range and don't collect your tag on purpose. I guess they are trying to extend the game and give themselves more time for kills?

Key word is "if". It is far more likely that a kill gets denied.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #2073 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 681
it is the game... i have cable and i don't have this much trouble with lag or even just connecting with someone elses game with any other game other than COD.. my friend who lives 1 mile away and also has cable, it took us almost 20 minutes of errors before we could even join eachother's lobby.. i was teleporting all over the map, etc.. there is no other game i have this many issues with...
post #2074 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Have you checked the logs on the modem to see if you are losing sync? Sometimes DSL can just go. I had 25mb/s down 6mb/s up ADSL and one day my connection just started dropping. Sometimes it would drop every 15 minutes and others it would last a few hours. Called tech support and I was only partially syncing so they sent a tech out and there was a problem with my line from demarcation to the jack in the house. We switched to a different pair of wires and the problem went away. That connection is super solid now.

Not sure I know how to check the logs. I can get into my router and change some things but I'm not sure where the logs are kept.

XBL Gamertag: CoolZero78

Current Games: COD: Ghosts

post #2075 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by juke_box View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Have you checked the logs on the modem to see if you are losing sync? Sometimes DSL can just go. I had 25mb/s down 6mb/s up ADSL and one day my connection just started dropping. Sometimes it would drop every 15 minutes and others it would last a few hours. Called tech support and I was only partially syncing so they sent a tech out and there was a problem with my line from demarcation to the jack in the house. We switched to a different pair of wires and the problem went away. That connection is super solid now.

Not sure I know how to check the logs. I can get into my router and change some things but I'm not sure where the logs are kept.

Probably easier to just call tech support, and ask them to check the line quality. Make sure you have the filter on all your phones too.

The fact that you and only you dropped means its a problem on your end, especially if it keeps happening.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2076 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

it is the game... i have cable and i don't have this much trouble with lag or even just connecting with someone elses game with any other game other than COD.. my friend who lives 1 mile away and also has cable, it took us almost 20 minutes of errors before we could even join eachother's lobby.. i was teleporting all over the map, etc.. there is no other game i have this many issues with...

I would agree that its the game, in the respect that it seems to be unable to handle the level of traffic / number of users that are currently playing. Fire up any of the other COD games, and I bet they run just fine simply due to the fact that not many people are playing any of the older flavors at this time...

This has pretty much been the pattern over the last several releases, hopefully it will stablize soon.

I have not been able to play much the past few days, the wifey just started reading 50 Shades of Grey, and well.... Mel Brooks set it best when he said "Its good to be the King"... LOL
post #2077 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by juke_box View Post

I agred with the DSL comment. Only thing is that it's my only option. No cable in my area. And I'm sure tethering from my iphone would be just as bad.

I don't think it's just you, or the DSL for that matter. I have a 30/5 cable connection and some nights are just brutal (last night was especially bad as Dubs mentioned).

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #2078 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
Speaking of older COD's, I decided to see if I could download COD4 after getting disgusted with BLOPS 2 last night and because my COD4 copy is at home in Toronto and I'm not. They want $20 to download the game on the xbox. I would have gladly paid it if the game isn't broken and full of hackers. How can they get away with selling defective product. I think some crafty lawyer should sue their pants off.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #2079 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

I would agree that its the game, in the respect that it seems to be unable to handle the level of traffic / number of users that are currently playing. Fire up any of the other COD games, and I bet they run just fine simply due to the fact that not many people are playing any of the older flavors at this time...

This has pretty much been the pattern over the last several releases, hopefully it will stablize soon.

I have not been able to play much the past few days, the wifey just started reading 50 Shades of Grey, and well.... Mel Brooks set it best when he said "Its good to be the King"... LOL

I played like 30 games last night in the middle of prime time, never got disconnected or even really had a laggy game. Although I was stuck playing solo, so I didn't have any issues caused by parties.

post #2080 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

I am trying to remember what kind of performance / lag issues MW2 had when it launched... I know there were bugs and glitchers, but I dont remember how bad any lag or performance issues were. It was after MW2 that they added "Elite" and the theater modes, perhaps this is just too much overhead for the core net code that really has not changed all that much?
post #2081 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

I am trying to remember what kind of performance / lag issues MW2 had when it launched... I know there were bugs and glitchers, but I dont remember how bad any lag or performance issues were. It was after MW2 that they added "Elite" and the theater modes, perhaps this is just too much overhead for the core net code that really has not changed all that much?

I remember a lot of the same ********. Commando was particularly bad cause combined with even minor lag it would make it seem like someone knifed you from a mile away through a hail of bullets. You had exactly the same "I shot him first but the killcam said otherwise" complaints. If you know what to look for, its always been there. There were just really huge gameplay balance issues that overshadowed any complaints about lag. People were far too busy being up in arms about danger close, OMA, commando, last stand and chopper gunners.

I doubt elite or theater is a drag....elite uses the same stats backend that cod 4 uses and just presents it in flashy way. For theater, the host just needs set aside a few MB of memory to cache the incoming gameplay data, and just upload it after the game.

Now that you've got theater, youtubers with capture gear, and much smaller balance issues....it's the main thing left to complain about, and everyone knows what to look for. No one was posting videos about it cause most people couldn't even make them to begin with. Now everyone is a YouTube superstar.

post #2082 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

In non-lag related news....

I finally got around to select fire on the SMR. I dunno why the FAL gets all the love, this thing tears people to shreds even faster. It's just 2 shots out to a pretty good range.

post #2083 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Played a few custom games with FnRuthless and Bob the Snail and Co last night. Lag was there as well. Of course I am in Illinois, Bob and Ruthless Colorado, Mr littlejeans I think is in Canada... Anyway, it seems that when you party up, Lag is much more intensified.

And God help you if you are playing on multiple Xboxes, in a party. I have tried everything to help Me and Mrs. have less issues. Invariably one of us is usually screwed. And if we get host.... It's a blood bath.

Now we can be partied up and I can join her game with less issues. I now just use the DSL connection we have for the kids and netflix. Seems to help us out being on separate networks. Which makes sense.

I am sad to find myself desiring to play this game less and less.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #2084 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

Played a few custom games with FnRuthless and Bob the Snail and Co last night. Lag was there as well. Of course I am in Illinois, Bob and Ruthless Colorado, Mr littlejeans I think is in Canada... Anyway, it seems that when you party up, Lag is much more intensified.

And God help you if you are playing on multiple Xboxes, in a party. I have tried everything to help Me and Mrs. have less issues. Invariably one of us is usually screwed. And if we get host.... It's a blood bath.

Now we can be partied up and I can join her game with less issues. I now just use the DSL connection we have for the kids and netflix. Seems to help us out being on separate networks. Which makes sense.

I can see a huge problem if you're on a shared connection, and one of you is host. The host is down/uploading at 12-18x the rate of a client. And long distance partying is always going to be ****** for someone in the group. You've kind of got two worst case scenarios going at the same time. Throw in some kids watching Netflix and you've got the perfect storm.

You actually got two separate networks going or something? Hopefully at least you've got QoS?

post #2085 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

In non-lag related news....
I finally got around to select fire on the SMR. I dunno why the FAL gets all the love, this thing tears people to shreds even faster. It's just 2 shots out to a pretty good range.
I like it but in medium range it just fires to slow to be usefull.

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #2086 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can see a huge problem if you're on a shared connection, and one of you is host. The host is down/uploading at 12-18x the rate of a client. And long distance partying is always going to be ****** for someone in the group. You've kind of got two worst case scenarios going at the same time. Throw in some kids watching Netflix and you've got the perfect storm.
You actually got two separate networks going or something? Hopefully at least you've got QoS?

My Comcast cable connection is 30mb down and 5mb up With my Motorola SBG6121 modem I am able to get consistant 36down and 6 up with 25ms pings to chicago (140ish miles), 30ms to St Louis (160ish miles) and 40 ms to California.

I actually have 2 ISP's. With My wife teaching online, two kids, netflix and the other rasher of online services, I needed a redundant ISP and one without a cap. We came toooo close to the 250GB cap Comcast has. The DSL 6 down 2 up does not have it.

I keep the kids on the DSL with the Netflix etc services and my wife and I on the Cable. Sometimes the cable will go down and I am thankfull for the DSL and Vice versa...

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #2087 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Folks, there is nothing wrong with your HDTV, LCD monitor, Xbox 360, your internet connection or your network. Do people complain like this with GoW? Halo? Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Tekken?

Some of you chose to play the latest game and couldn't care less if it's broken or not while others simply deny anything is wrong with the game. Nothing we say will bring back the enjoyment we got out of playing CoD in the past.

Btw, Rage Guy, I agree with you about the pricing for CoD4 selling for $20 when the game lobbies are hacked. I have been on MW2 for the past several days and I have had a pretty good experience an I pray this doesn't meet the same fate CoD4 did.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #2088 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

My Comcast cable connection is 30mb down and 5mb up With my Motorola SBG6121 modem I am able to get consistant 36down and 6 up with 25ms pings to chicago (140ish miles), 30ms to St Louis (160ish miles) and 40 ms to California.

I actually have 2 ISP's. With My wife teaching online, two kids, netflix and the other rasher of online services, I needed a redundant ISP and one without a cap. We came toooo close to the 250GB cap Comcast has. The DSL 6 down 2 up does not have it.

I keep the kids on the DSL with the Netflix etc services and my wife and I on the Cable. Sometimes the cable will go down and I am thankfull for the DSL and Vice versa...

I'm surprised you have any issues with that kind of bandwidth on the cable. Don't they have a higher tier with higher caps?

post #2089 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Folks, there is nothing wrong with your HDTV, LCD monitor, Xbox 360, your internet connection or your network. Do people complain like this with GoW? Halo? Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Tekken?
Some of you chose to play the latest game and couldn't care less if it's broken or not while others simply deny anything is wrong with the game. Nothing we say will bring back the enjoyment we got out of playing CoD in the past.
Btw, Rage Guy, I agree with you about the pricing for CoD4 selling for $20 when the game lobbies are hacked. I have been on MW2 for the past several days and I have had a pretty good experience an I pray this doesn't meet the same fate CoD4 did.

That was Littlejeans, but I completely agree with what he said.
post #2090 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm surprised you have any issues with that kind of bandwidth on the cable. Don't they have a higher tier with higher caps?

I pretty much have the exact same bandwidth for my home with Comcast - approx. 35 down / 6 up. When I changed my connection preferences to "Best" it made a huge difference when I play solo. That all goes straight to hell when I party up though.
post #2091 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I had been wanting to get select on the SMR but single fire I am terrible with it. It's going to take me forever to get select. No only that I can only use the FAL when I am the only one online. Whenever I party up or both boxes are on the lag is just too much so I have to run an SMG.

Speaking of...Got the MSMC last night and was playing well in a party last night. I am going to run with that from now on.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #2092 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

This is me in a nutshell 90% of my time playing the game. 90% of the time it's one or the other and 30% of that time it's both. The little 10% of the time that I am playing solo I average about a 1.50 K/D in TDM and KC.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #2093 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nope. I can spend more and get the 105 down 50 up and pay 200 a month. Still have the 250gb cap. I could also go business class but that is a hundred a month. Sure no cap and I would get multiple static IP's but can't justify that yet

And to also agree with Problem Houston, If I am home alone, playing by myself and not in a party, the connection is, I would say 4/10 games acceptable, 3/10 normal terrible lag, 2/10 where I am godlike and can't be killed and 1 that fluctuates more than normal during the game.

I also wonder if where the ISP connects to the trunk makes a difference.

My Cable provider connects in Chicago. So if you live in a big city near a trunk line, my bet is you have a better connection unless partied with well... people in my predicament then there are issues.

Just a thought.

Of course that still doesn't explain why other multiplayer games don't suck and/or suffer from these same issues so blatantly.

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #2094 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Liked: 15
Yeah the lag issues are almost never download/upload related its just the ping and the bizarre compensation. This game runs fine at .5 up/down...

Recently I've been having some better games so maybe they changed something? I have a 8ms ping to closest server on speedtest. Ill never have a great kd since I play domination 95% of the time on my own and rush. Plus there's the whole I'm not that great aspect to it. :/

This game taught me to look at SPM as the main stat. Once I did that and focused on capping and defending and ignored kd it became much more fun.
post #2095 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:

Very much agree, it really bums me out... this is the first COD title that I've felt that way about. Even when I have a few matches that dont seem lag-ridden I'm ready to play something else or watch a movie. I can't even put my finger on what it is apart from the lag and spawn issues but as much as I hate to say I think I just don't like this game much.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #2096 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

Nope. I can spend more and get the 105 down 50 up and pay 200 a month. Still have the 250gb cap. I could also go business class but that is a hundred a month. Sure no cap and I would get multiple static IP's but can't justify that yet

And to also agree with Problem Houston, If I am home alone, playing by myself and not in a party, the connection is, I would say 4/10 games acceptable, 3/10 normal terrible lag, 2/10 where I am godlike and can't be killed and 1 that fluctuates more than normal during the game.

I also wonder if where the ISP connects to the trunk makes a difference.

My Cable provider connects in Chicago. So if you live in a big city near a trunk line, my bet is you have a better connection unless partied with well... people in my predicament then there are issues.

Just a thought.

Of course that still doesn't explain why other multiplayer games don't suck and/or suffer from these same issues so blatantly.

Yeah the infrastructure around you could make a difference. I'm just outside of NYC, its really built up around here, really fierce competition between the ISPs. Maybe part of the reason why Im not seeing some of the more outrageous stuff. It probably makes some difference but impossible to quantify.

post #2097 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

All these connection problems and what does Treyarch say? It's all our problem, their game is fine. They patch Livestreaming and crap like that, but don't breathe a word about the lag. They know the issue is their game, at this point, their "tips" are just bullcrap.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #2098 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

...but you guys still wouldn't play mw2? yikes! lol!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #2099 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
Well, I downloaded all the MW3 maps last night so I'll flip between that and COD4. The tubes and commando just get old in MW2.

I found COD4 at a gamestop here for $9. Picking that up this afternoon and will play HCTDM on that for a while. My previous experience has been that the hackers don't tend to pay for the maps (since they have a good chance of getting banned and losing them) and tend to play regular TDM rather than hard core.

HCTDM on COD4 is just beastly too.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #2100 of 4672 Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

...but you guys still wouldn't play mw2? yikes! lol!
For me it's not just about a good balanced match experience but also which of the COD's is the least stale to me which for now is MW3. When Blops came out and had all the hit detection issues I was happy to back to MW2. When MW3 came out and had lag comp (as it still does) and lousy spawns, I was happy to play Reach and Blops. Sad part is that I'm having more fun with the Halo 4 campaign than MP for either that or Blops. They all just feel tired to me... maybe I'm finally aging out of video games or something:p

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page