Assassins Creed Brotherhood - story synopsis for AC 1&2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Ok guys, I'm looking for a quick and concise story summary of AC 1&2. I bought AC Brotherhood and have started to play it (no time to play 1&2) but have no clue what is going on. I checked wiki but there story synopsis are fairly poor. This is what I have pieced together, please let me know if I'm missing anything:

Templars and Abstergo are the "bad guys" that are trying to collect pieces of some mind control device called Eden. Assassins are the "good guys" who are trying to collect the Eden device so that the bad guys don't get it. Desmond is a dude in our present time that is blood related to assassins from back in the day and the good guys use a device called the animus to go into Desmond's DNA and have Desmond relive memories from his ancestors trying to find out where the Eden pieces are. The group of people with Desmond in the beginning of AC brotherhood are assassin related and want to help find the Eden thing. During one of Desmond's trips in the animus, some apparition told him the world was going to end unless he did something (find eden device?).

So basically brotherhood starts with Desmond and his buddies wanting to continue to investigate the past through Ezio to try to find more Eden pieces?

Am I missing something, way off, make sense?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Cab anybody chime in? Just a simple yes or no if I have the basic plot down or if I need to read up on it more.

post #3 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Cab anybody chime in? Just a simple yes or no if I have the basic plot down or if I need to read up on it more.

The AC series' plot is....complicated.

In a very basic sense, yes, you've got the premise. The problem you're going to have starting with Brotherhood is that it builds on character development that they've been creating since AC 1. So you're going to have no background on these people and no "connection" to them, which I think is going to make the game somewhat dissatisfying.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #4 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
I would start with ac 2 for the story. Its probably my favorite of the series besides.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Liked: 17
^^^ Agreed!

You've got the basic plot. Essentially, Assassins and Templars have been warring for centuries over the control of "pieces of Eden," sometimes referred to as apples, that are super powerful and could be used to take over the world.

Altair is an ancestor of Desmond's. He's the star of the first game. The next few games star Ezio, who is also an ancestor of Desmond's and a descendent of Altair. So they're all linked, genetically.

You should watch this video, if you're not going to play 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lUSN-ZU1xo. You piece it together by solving puzzles that have been left for you by the guy who used the animus before Desmond, named Subject 16.

The celestial beings might be angels, or Gods, or something. It's unclear (at least to me) if they're good or evil or what.

Man, Assassin's Creed II really is awesome. You should just play it.

Xbox Gamertag: Autowobble
post #6 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So little time, is AC2 a 8-10 hour game, or 20-30 hour game>?

post #7 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
It's a 6-7 hour game if you blow through it and probably 10-12 if you want to see everything.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #8 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

So little time, is AC2 a 8-10 hour game, or 20-30 hour game>?

At its fastest, you're probably looking at 12-15hrs, but at an average pace I'd say closer to 20hrs. And to do and collect everything, it's easily in the realm of 30-40hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

It's a 6-7 hour game if you blow through it and probably 10-12 if you want to see everything.

What sort of happy pills were you taking when you played this?

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page