Kinect + Projector Experiences - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I had a similar post awhile back in the Devices category. Thought there may be more responses here.

I am in the process of finishing my basement. I will have a projector for viewing purposes. I will be moving my gaming to this area. I would like to still have use of the Kinect. The projector will be mounted at close to 7' high. I am expecting my throw distance to be roughly 12'.

Can anyone chime in on their experience using kinect with a projector. My primary concern is casting a shadow on the screen when playing. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

The only issue with my projector is the shadow.... If you can swing it have the projector mounted infront of your play space and this won't be an issue. I basically play right in front of mine and can get in the lightpath when I jump (quite a few things on kinect require you to jump).
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar View Post

The only issue with my projector is the shadow.... If you can swing it have the projector mounted infront of your play space and this won't be an issue. I basically play right in front of mine and can get in the lightpath when I jump (quite a few things on kinect require you to jump).

I'm in the same boat with mine as well. I have the sensor below the bottom of the screen, about 3 feet off of the ground, but due to my space setup, I'm right under / in front of the projector when I play. Being 6' 2" tall with 7' ceilings makes it a little cramped.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

It looks like I will be going with a LCD with ample lens shift. I would like to place the projector in the center for symmetry. However I wonder if I would be better off mounting the projector off to the left.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page