Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Played the game, interviewed the producer and wrote about it:

http://eat-games.tumblr.com/post/241...-lost-planet-3

Quote:

The start of the Lost Planet 3 E3 demo follows blue-collar worker, Jim, sloshing through his daily routine. He wakes up melancholy, records a video for his lovely wife & daughter back on Earth wondering what the hell he's doing, and then bolts out the door to mine for thermal energy. I like Jim. He's the kind of guy you'd invite over to your place for a few beers just to hear him his talk about all his wacky adventures on an alien planet.

But will the Lost Planet 3 gameplay draw us in too? After all this isn't going to be an experience like previous games in the series. It's not being built from the ground up around cooperative play, oh no, that wasn't even mentioned. This one has a 3rd-person perspective that is slightly tighter to heightening the tension and bringing you closer to the action. You now drive a Vital Suit (VS) completely from a 1st-person perspective, and if not careful, might seize up if you get caught in an Ice Storm.

It also appears Lost Planet 3 is going for more dramatic intensity in it's narrative and gameplay. There was one segment I played were the atmosphere was obviously well steeped in the Dead Space gravy (more about that in the interview below), and to be honest it worked rather well with the frigid, creepy environments. In fact I enjoyed it more than the outdoor action in the VS. I have hopes LP3 will be good, but they need to work out some of the tedious things like the repetitive QTE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
I have Lost Planet 1 and 2 (for years).For some reason I haven't finished either. It's not that either is too difficult...or not very good. It's just for some reason I will pick it up...start playing...sorta like it...then lose interest as I play something else. I have a few games like that. Bioshock and Assassin's Creed come to mind. They just can't keep me locked in. Give me a game like Halo...Ninja Gaiden2...Timeshift...ME...Nier...Fable...Elder Scrolls...Half Life...Darksiders and I can't put them down. I think Lost Planet gets way too tedious for me. It tends to be too repetitious, without any major change in thematics and storyline. And I hated the save system in both games. It doesn't give the gamer enough control...and forces tedious repetition. I'm sure I'll buy LP3 when it is discounted down. I can't seem to pass it up under those conditions. But I hope it will keep me locked into the gameplay better than its 2 predecessors.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM

Liked: 12
I never played lost planet 2 but lost planet 1 was great. Here is the link to ign's review of it...

http://ca.ign.com/games/lost-planet-extreme-condition/xbox-360-761580

The only knock I can remember is the poor story/characters not making a lick of sense.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post

I never played lost planet 2 but lost planet 1 was great. Here is the link to ign's review of it...
http://ca.ign.com/games/lost-planet-extreme-condition/xbox-360-761580
The only knock I can remember is the poor story/characters not making a lick of sense.
Agreed, it was a "cool" (get it? cool.gif) game but I found getting knocked on my ass/stumbling around and unable to move very annoying. It happened pretty frequently too during heavy action.

I have never failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page