Halo 2 Anniversary Remake By 343 Studios - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
in terms of modding the Xbox1, you can't screw up. it's been refined to the point of almost being commercial. run a CD and bam, it's softmodded and it does all the work.

I'd love a combined Halo 2 and 3! at least that would save us some money! tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

in terms of modding the Xbox1, you can't screw up. it's been refined to the point of almost being commercial. run a CD and bam, it's softmodded and it does all the work.
I'd love a combined Halo 2 and 3! at least that would save us some money! tongue.gif

I think you wrote how to do this with XBox1 somewhere on a different thread. Can you tell me where, or give me a 1-10 howto outline on this thread. I would like to try it.

On the bridged Halo 2 & 3 A...I think that would be a gigantic success. Because it would be executed with the vision Bungie originally imagined for Halo 2. All they need to do is add one more extended game chapter between the 2 games (maybe expanding on the Gravemind - Earth battle) and add a little extra game footage at the end)...perhaps add some video footage like the stuff preceding Halo 4 (ala ME3) that extends the Gravemind ending...and it's a home run IMO.It becomes a Halo 2A knockout punch. And a perfectly balanced trilogy between Halo Wars and Halo 4. That story article did it all for me. And I hope they correct the 'chopped up' effect by bridging 2 & 3 with the Anniversary opportunity. I know Team XBox monitor this forum and thread. So "Just Do It" guys. It's the biggest no brainer...grand slam home run out there. And it would be an absolute hoot on Durango...if the whole thing was in Blu-Ray. Especially the video parts.

I think they could get new game pricing for it if they did it that way. And add an expanded video arc via terminals that told more of the back story (ala the article). Factor in enhanced online Coop and multi-player and that game would ROCK! I'd pay for it hands down because I would be getting 2 much better versions of the older games for the price of one. And for the purists...they could just pass and play the previous games on XBox 360.
post #33 of 37 Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
check out this site:
http://www.biline.ca/xbox_ndure.htm

read it, try to wrap your head around it, and if you have questions, send me a PM. I don't like to threadjack so I can try to help you out privately.
post #34 of 37 Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Not only would it be money saving, but it makes complete sense to have Halo 2 and 3 together because they are a complete and continuous narrative in the Halo story, whereas 1 and 4 have gaps in the story due to significant time elapsing between 1 & 2 and 3 & 4.
post #35 of 37 Old 07-24-2012, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here is the exact worded response from XBox Magazine to the question:

"Late last week rumors surfaced of a potential HD remake of Halo 2 being in the works at 343 Industries. Though 343 Industries remained mum on the subject at the time, a new Q&A on the Microsoft ExpertZone revealed that Halo 2 Anniversary was not currently in development.

Though most of the the question and answer segment focused primarily on Halo 4, someone did manage to ask 343 if there was any chance of a Halo 2 Anniversary HD remake. Sadly, 343 responded, "We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy." It's entirely understandable that Halo 4 is the developer's focus at the moment, and though they did say Halo 2 Anniversary wasn't being worked on at this time, they didn't say it wasn't going to happen.

While even the original rumor expected Halo 2 Anniversary to come out sometime in 2013, it's interesting to see how carefully worded 343 Industries' response is to the question at hand. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary was a pretty solid success, and it's good to see that 343 and Microsoft are open to the idea of potentially remaking Halo 2 in high definition one day. No matter if Halo 2 Anniversary happens or not, we likely won't hear one way or the other until after Halo 4 has arrived.
SOURCE: 343 'not currently working on Halo 2 Anniversary' [CVG]"

I highlighted the parts that were meaningful and instructive for me. I think the 343 person is telling the whole truth here. But there is a ton of wiggle space in his carefully crafted response.
  1. They could have made 100% of it already. It is a no brainer for them to do it.
  2. They could have Saber Interactive working on key parts of it in parallel with Halo 4 right now
  3. The game could be 85%-95% finished right now and only require finishng touch up by them after the Halo 4 launch.

I think there is zero chance they won't do this now. Halo 2 A will either be the last Launch title for the XBox 360 by MS . Or the first launch title for XBox Durango by them IMO. I believe that is what the 343 rep was wiggling around with the "too busy" comment.
http://www.oxmonline.com/search/Halo%202%20Anniversary
post #36 of 37 Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The Halo 2 leak made me dig up this old fossil from 2012. It's amazing how right we all were about a lot of this stuff. It will be interesting to see how MS executes this launch. They can make a lot of people very happy. And piss a lot of people off. But I think they are 100% on point in remaking this classic to showcase their definitive new hardware and enhanced Online infrastructure. The only question is whether they will let their Xbox 360 users join the party...single player or Online.
post #37 of 37 Old 01-31-2014, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Dig further and I think we had an even earlier thread with several individuals proclaiming that it didn't make any sense to remake Halo 2 despite the success of the Halo 1 remake, the popularity of the Halo franchise in general, and with Halo 2 having been such a popular release and which was by then offline.

Still shaking my head about that.
barrelbelly likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page