Medal of Honor Warfighter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 178 Old 07-10-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 419
No love for the new MOH? I'm really looking forward to it. All the trailers look amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 178 Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I haven't seen any videos for it - any multiplayer ones out there?

I enjoyed the first even though it kind of came off as a cash grab - combat mission was great in multiplayer but they only shipped it with 3 maps and everyone sat back sniping trying to get a cruise missile. I don't think they ever supported it with any DLC either. I thought SP was pretty good - took me a bit to warm up to it, but enjoyed most of it.

Considering Borderlands is the only game on my radar this year, I'll definitely keep an eye out on this one.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #3 of 178 Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They did a Facebook like deal to release a multi trailer. http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19822-medal-of-honor-warfighter-trailer-features-intense-multiplayer-gameplay/ sorry it's a link to a link but this mobile app sucks.

I hadnt really played a MOH before but picked up 2010 for cheap. I didn't like the campaign at first but eventually it clicked and I loved it. Still play a little multi here and there with it.

Warfighter looks absolutely gorgeous as expected on FB2. Looks like a good cross between COD & BF. think this time they even built the campaign on FB2 instead of Unreal.
post #4 of 178 Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Here's the video

Xbox Live: DeeLux
post #5 of 178 Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yeah I picked up the previous MoH for the BF3 beta and the campaign was of the best in any fps game I've played, really surprised how good it was.

Never gave the MP a shot but honestly don't have time for more than one and I can't see anything taking me away from Battlefield series.

XBL : lowgn
post #6 of 178 Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I play too much wink.gif, got several multiplayer games going all at once.
post #7 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
It looks pretty, but it just seems so.....painfully generic. I'm not quite sure what sets it apart from the other big name FPSes. The first one was ok, but nothing about the first one or anything that they've shown for warfighter is especially unique or exciting.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #8 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It looks pretty, but it just seems so.....painfully generic. I'm not quite sure what sets it apart from the other big name FPSes. The first one was ok, but nothing about the first one or anything that they've shown for warfighter is especially unique or exciting.

Ooh easy answer! It's not COD and that's good enough for me. I am so sick of the yearly release of the 2007 smash hit! Don't get me wrong, loved COD in the day and am 1000% happy it sells so well if only because it distracts all the 5 year olds so I don't have to listen to the n word dropping every other sentence from them. Warfighter may have similar gameplay but won't have as many of the people I don't want to play with. Plus it looks crazy good graphically and that makes me happy to have a new and shiny!
post #9 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Ooh easy answer! It's not COD and that's good enough for me. I am so sick of the yearly release of the 2007 smash hit! Don't get me wrong, loved COD in the day and am 1000% happy it sells so well if only because it distracts all the 5 year olds so I don't have to listen to the n word dropping every other sentence from them. Warfighter may have similar gameplay but won't have as many of the people I don't want to play with. Plus it looks crazy good graphically and that makes me happy to have a new and shiny!

I think those 5 year olds are getting sick of cod too. Battlefield is too complicated for them. There's only one place for them to turn. You should be careful what you wish for. smile.gif

The first MOH was an uncomfortable blend of infantry based gameplay that took place over a longer range than cod, while still having frostbite/BF's shortcomings in CQC. It just had an awful feel and flow to it. It also had the most outrageous killstreak system ever created, which promoted camping more than anything I've ever seen before. It never found an audience, because it honestly wasn't very good. Although IIRC DICE was the primary dev on it, danger close only did the SP....so this might be a fresh take on MP. It looks the part....but looks can be really deceiving.

Definitely keeping my eyes on it, because hey, you never know, it could be a surprise.

post #10 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:

I think those 5 year olds are getting sick of cod too. Battlefield is too complicated for them. There's only one place for them to turn. You should be careful what you wish for. smile.gif

The first MOH was an uncomfortable blend of infantry based gameplay that took place over a longer range than cod, while still having frostbite/BF's shortcomings in CQC. It just had an awful feel and flow to it. It also had the most outrageous killstreak system ever created, which promoted camping more than anything I've ever seen before. It never found an audience, because it honestly wasn't very good. Although IIRC DICE was the primary dev on it, danger close only did the SP....so this might be a fresh take on MP. It looks the part....but looks can be really deceiving.

Definitely keeping my eyes on it, because hey, you never know, it could be a surprise.

Yea I had a chance to pick up a cheap copy of BF3 and asked my 13 yo if she was interested in playing it with me. Her answer was it looked too complicated...I just shook my head and walked away. Kids just don't get it. I was playing Final Fantasy and Wizardry back at that age.

I came into MOH 2010 late and was shocked at how many snipers there were! Couldn't move far and got smoked by kill streaks galore. But after a little time started getting better at staying under cover.
post #11 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yea I had a chance to pick up a cheap copy of BF3 and asked my 13 yo if she was interested in playing it with me. Her answer was it looked too complicated...I just shook my head and walked away. Kids just don't get it. I was playing Final Fantasy and Wizardry back at that age.
I came into MOH 2010 late and was shocked at how many snipers there were! Couldn't move far and got smoked by kill streaks galore. But after a little time started getting better at staying under cover.

Yeah MOH is a crazy snipe/camp fest. The killstreaks just get more and more ridiculous the further you stack them, the midrange ones practically guarantee several instant kills and I think there was like 5 levels of increasing power? Really the only way to play that game successfully was to hide and pitch a tent. You'd never know that based on their marketing/trailers, which made it look like this action packed, fast paced shooter.

post #12 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I think once you start leveling up it gets a lot better. I tried the reckless approach right off and high levels just picked me off left and right. I could ever figure out where I was getting killed from. Biggest problem was that I never spawned on the side they did, always got stuck on the same spawn for some reason. Eventually I got to the other side and saw that they were a mile away in their base.
post #13 of 178 Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think once you start leveling up it gets a lot better. I tried the reckless approach right off and high levels just picked me off left and right. I could ever figure out where I was getting killed from. Biggest problem was that I never spawned on the side they did, always got stuck on the same spawn for some reason. Eventually I got to the other side and saw that they were a mile away in their base.

I think I put in about 10 hours before I just gave up on it. I figured why play this pretender, when I could just play more BC2 or blops, both of which are much better games.

Seems like its the only real alternative to blops 2 this year for military FPS, but BF3 still has plenty of life in it now that the game's finally finished, and they'll be putting out expansions for a few more months.

post #14 of 178 Old 08-14-2012, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New Gamescom trailer up on Youtube. Think the others trailers were better though.
post #15 of 178 Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 PM

Liked: 14
Looks VERY CoD'ish. Dont know if I like it. I over played BLOPS and wore myself out on run kill die, run kill die, run kill 2 launch something die, etc. It looks pretty though
post #16 of 178 Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbat420 View Post

Looks VERY CoD'ish. Dont know if I like it. I over played BLOPS and wore myself out on run kill die, run kill die, run kill 2 launch something die, etc. It looks pretty though

I'm hoping it's a good blend of action and strategy and not so much run n gun. I liked the last release but got in late. Hopefully things are a bit more balanced.
post #17 of 178 Old 08-16-2012, 03:36 PM

Im really looking forward to this game coming out, I did pre-order it to get all the bonus stuff. But I have the same Pros/Cons that people stated above the SP was good and the MP well lets just say it fell short played and felt alot like battlefield. When MOH was announced I was hoping that EA would go back to its roots and do a WWII era game but was disappointed when it was present day.
post #18 of 178 Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm stoked, preordered as well. Overall the preorder bonuses kind of sucked though, just a bunch of early access to stuff you'll get anyway but the BF4 beta made it a cinch for me. Was buying it day one anyway.
post #19 of 178 Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:

just a bunch of early access to stuff you'll get anyway but the BF4 beta made it a cinch for me. Was buying it day one anyway.

Same here I was going to buy day one, might as well get a head start and some free stuff while im at it haha
post #20 of 178 Old 08-18-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

May have to rethink my preorder. I'm checking with GF but it looks like the limited edition is only available from a few places like Amazon, GameStop and Origin. Might just keep the extra for the kid but have to see if she's interested. More in to COD.
post #21 of 178 Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 AM

I pre-ordered mine from origin because they gave the most extras.
post #22 of 178 Old 08-19-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecR View Post

I pre-ordered mine from origin because they gave the most extras.
What did they give over the others like Gamestop, etc.?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #23 of 178 Old 08-19-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #24 of 178 Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Changed my preorder to GS since I won't have to pay shipping and can get it day one. Origin, Amazon, and GameStop are the only ones with the Limited Editions. Everyone else is selling standard that DOES NOT include BF4 access as far as I can tell, only LE has beta access. My interpretation was any preorder would do but evidently I was wrong.
post #25 of 178 Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Changed my preorder to GS since I won't have to pay shipping and can get it day one. Origin, Amazon, and GameStop are the only ones with the Limited Editions. Everyone else is selling standard that DOES NOT include BF4 access as far as I can tell, only LE has beta access. My interpretation was any preorder would do but evidently I was wrong.

FWIW, when I pre-ordered w/ GS they told me I'd get the beta.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #26 of 178 Old 09-10-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #27 of 178 Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

From IGN:

EA has announced a multiplayer beta for Medal of Honor Warfighter. In early October, Xbox 360 players will be able to try a new multiplayer mode called HotSpot, which lets players attack and defend randomly-selected areas of Sarajevo Stadium, a map set in Bosnia. Players will team up using the game’s co-op Fireteam system, playing in pairs to win.
Anyone who downloads the beta will also get one hour of double XP when the full version of Warfighter launches. EA also announced that if three million players download the beta, Linkin Park’s “Castle of Glass” music video will be unlocked early.
post #28 of 178 Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Is this an open Beta? Can anyone get in or do you have to buy/pre-order a game?

post #29 of 178 Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Looks open, they want 3 million user to crack open a music vid early. Woohoo that's my motivation /sarcasm. Well open for Xbox only.
post #30 of 178 Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page