Risen 2 - Dark Waters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Picked this up yesterday since there was a such a dry spell in new games.

So far, mostly dissapointed, but will stick with it as I don't have much else to play. Graphics are rough and not that great, combat is off with the sword hitting a creature even though it doesn't show it on the screen (i.e. animation shows you hitting above creature). During conversations your character constantly gestures and does weird things with his hands. No way to track quests, you spend a lot of time wandering around, turn right instead of left and you will fight a creature WAY outside your abilities. Magic seems almost useless in the game. Storyline is interesting and definitely adult oriented. Now that I write this, not sure why I am playing it. smile.gif It is a game that could of been soooo much more if they would of waited and polished it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Did you play the first Risen? If so, what did you think of it?
post #3 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Was looking forward to this but reviews are slim, the ones there say it basically sucks, and peoples reviews are bland on it. Never could actually finish the first, got to the last boss and kept falling. Didn't really feel like anything other than filler and this new one is looking a lot like the first.
post #4 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Best explanation is if you give a game company 75% of the $s they need. That's Risen, probably Risen 2, and from what I've read every other game they put out.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Was looking forward to this but reviews are slim, the ones there say it basically sucks, and peoples reviews are bland on it. Never could actually finish the first, got to the last boss and kept falling. Didn't really feel like anything other than filler and this new one is looking a lot like the first.
Yep. Collected the super-suit but the random floor thing was beyond my patience. Was really surprised a sequel came out...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #6 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Yep. Collected the super-suit but the random floor thing was beyond my patience. Was really surprised a sequel came out...

Think they make their games just good enough to attract attention but not great enough that they cost too much. So they get decent returns of investment.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Did you play the first Risen? If so, what did you think of it?

Yes, I initially gave up on it and traded it in a week after I got it but I re-purchased it last year and stuck with it and really fell in love with the game. Once you get the hang of the game engine and quest system, I found it rather enjoyable with a high replay value due to siding with factions, etc. While not ground breaking in any regards, and lacking in graphics at times, there was something very addictive about the game. I knew I was sucked in when I had to leave the first city, the harbor and I didn't want to leave there, I dreaded it. I came to know every inch of that place and all the quests/people and it was like my little town all to myself. smile.gif

post #8 of 9 Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I also really enjoyed the first Risen in spite of its flaws. It was deeper than Two Worlds I/II and Divinity II and, while unrefined, a reasonable filler in between Elder Scrolls games. I'm continuing to crank through Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning now but might pick Risen 2 up at some point in the future from the bargain bin.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I stuck with it, sure there were a lot of flaws in Risen 2 but I fell in love with it. Just beat the game and I find that I really miss it. Something about it was addictive, the constant upgrading of weapons to something better. Finding/creating the legendary items was pretty sweet. Love the muskets, very powerful. If it drops in price and you can find it use, might be worth picking up for you guys.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page