Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-07-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 542
I thought this was worthy of its own thread since a lot of people probably skim over the SSX thread and would not get this info otherwise, but SSX is getting freeride AND TRUE multiplayer!!!! cool.gifbiggrin.gifeek.gif

Some details here...........

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10927

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hey Toe -

What is 'true multiplayer'? I can't get to that link from work - are we going to be able to race and trick against each other both starting at the same time? If so, that's great news - and kind of surprising that it wasn't there from the start and that they'd be willing to add it this late after launch.

Hope that's the case as I'd love a reason to pop this back in again.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #3 of 7 Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Hey Toe -
What is 'true multiplayer'? I can't get to that link from work - are we going to be able to race and trick against each other both starting at the same time? If so, that's great news - and kind of surprising that it wasn't there from the start and that they'd be willing to add it this late after launch.
Hope that's the case as I'd love a reason to pop this back in again.

Yes sir! smile.gif Up to 5 can race/trick at a time, everyone starts same time, no restarts, etc......There are more details, but I am also at work now and cant cut and paste. Maybe someone else reading this would be so kind to cut and paste so you can get all the details.

Freeride has removed the HUD and once your run is over the chopper takes you back to the top of the drop like survive it as many times as you want.

Update should be live now!

post #4 of 7 Old 08-07-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Hey Ballen, just got home and here is a cut and paste of the details in case you still have not read about them..........

a screen introducing the biggest update yet.

then the following:
3-2-1-GO! events
our first new game mode is a completely new way to play ssx online in global events, called 3-2-1-GO!
When looking at your wall or browsing the globe you will now see certain events indicated as 3-2-1-GO! These events allow you to compete with up to 5 riders simultaneously in fast paced trick it and race it heats.

Next screen:
In these events, the helicopter acts as your lobby. After joining a 3-2-1-GO! event you will be taken to the top of the drop, where you will then wait in the helicopter for other riders to join. As soon as at least one more rider shows up, you can choose to buy into the event and ready up.
Once at least 2 riders have readied a countdown timer will begin, and when it reaches zero the heat will start with all riders jumping out together for a single trip down the mountain with no restarts.

Next screen:
Once everyone makes it to the bottom, the event ends and everyone collects their credit rewards. You are then given the option to return back to the top or follow a ridernet recommendation to another 3-2-1-GO! event.
3-2-1-GO! trick events introduce a countdown timer for the entire run. The winner is determined by who can post the highest score AND cross the finish line before the clock hits zero.

Next screen:
The amount of time given on every drop varies based on the length of the track and the heat pacing setting - Hyper, Standard or Relaxed.
Regardless of the setting you're going to want to keep an eye on the clock during your run. If you dont cross the finish line before it reaches zero you will finish the heat with a big fat ZERO.

Next screen:
For 3-2-1-GO! race events, it's simple. Be the first rider to cross the finish line to win. As soon as the first rider crosses the finish line the heat timer will start a countdown and you will have a matter of seconds to cross the finish line for your run to qualify. Fail to cross the finish line in time and you will receive a DNF. Nobody wants that, so keep moving!

Next screen:
Finally, if you want to compete against only your friends or with a specific set of rules on your favourite drop, you can create custom 3-2-1-GO! race and trick events that will run multiple heats on that drop for a set amount of time and with whatever rules suit your fancy.

Next screen: FREERIDE
The other new way to play SSX is one of the most requested modes from our community - freeride. Navigate to any drop on the globe in explore, and before selecting your track you will now see a button callout in the bottom left of the screen called freeride. Press it gently.
After going through the regular flow of selecting your rider and gear, the helicopter will drop you off and you will no longer see the HUD.

Next screen:
There are no rules, no ghosts, no clock, no score and no other riders. Just you, the mountain and your music, free to explore your surroundings at your own pace with your own style.
Once you've reached the bottom the helicopter will be waiting to take you back to the top to do it all again. Ride for as long as you like and enjoy some of the most breathtaking scenery found in the world of SSX.

Next screen: FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
In addition to our 2 new game modes we have made many improvements to the title that will be certain to make your existing SSX experience better. Here are a few of the highlights.
As you are already reading this you have probably noticed we now have a new SSX Updates feature. Here you will find all the information you need to know about any future changes or fixes to the game.

Next screen: GEOTAGS & MONEY
There was an issue with collecting a large amount of geotags that resulted in crash. This issue is now fixed and you are free to once again hunt geotags to your hearts content. We have fixed and issue with earning a large number of credits in your bank. Having a couple billion credits in you bank can now be considered only a good thing.

Next screen: LIFETIME EARNINGS & GE BADGES
Related, we have now also fixed the lifetime earnings display. So if you are a multi-billionaire, you will once again be able to reflect upon all of your great triumphs each time you look at the main menu.
If you have not already earned any of these 3 GE badges, we will be granting them to you automatically when you join any global event. "Part of the crowd" "I want to belong" and "Bandwagon". We have also fixed a rare problem with "The gold miner" not unlocking correctly for some players.

Next screen: RIDERNET LAG & GE INFO
If you are a popular player with many friends, you have probably grown frustrated with the speed and performance of the ridernet menu. This is now much improved.
Players with many friends have also likely experienced an issue with ridernet not remembering some of your GE information, or even the fact that you had paid and entered certain events from time to time. The saving and loading of this information has also been greatly improved.

Next screen: END
So there you have it. We hope you enjoy all of these improvements, our new freeride mode and the 3-2-1-GO! events.
See you on the slopes!
The SSX Dev Team

post #5 of 7 Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Just had my first go at 3-2-1 trick it! and WHAT A BLAST!!!!! This gives trick it a whole new dimension, intensity and angle due to the time limit aspect. I did hyper speed on Cournoes Mustache and Fast Forward and what a rush! You basically have to combine race and trick and you cant lag at all within reason. You really have to keep moving and pick and choose your jumps wisely to max your score. The first few runs I was not even finishing in time and getting a DNF, but once you get a feel for how fast you need to go on the drop, it is SO much fun. I even met a new rival/friend along the way as we kept going back and forth on both tracks with nearly every match VERY tight score wise. VERY, VERY impressed so far. Looking forward to trying out the race it portion next!

Also did some freeride last night and that was awesome as well. Gives the drops a whole new vibe totally free of competition, pressure, etc......lots of fun!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

post #6 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but plan on popping it in this weekend. Still surprised they added this so far after launch, and for free. Thanks for posting the details - appreciate it.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #7 of 7 Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but plan on popping it in this weekend. Still surprised they added this so far after launch, and for free. Thanks for posting the details - appreciate it.

No worries. Hope this update will get more people playing this killer game.

We had a party of friends on xbox last night going from drop to drop doing 3-2-1 wingsuit racing and OMG, what a ****ing blast! It is such a rush/trip to be flying in front, behind or next to people on your friends list! H2H has really brought this game to the next level!

Also spent a good chunk on Last To Hit 3-2-1 trick it, but on the relaxed time setting this time and it was SO fun. The relaxed option is definitely nice when you are not up for the crazy intensity of HYPER (which is killer as I mentioned in my post above if the mood suits) as it distinguishes itself nicely from a time perspective and you definitely are not as rushed, but you still cant poke around too much like you can with no time limit which adds a cool element to it.

Cant say enough about this new update.........it is FANTASTIC IMO!

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page