Darksiders 2 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 56 Old 09-01-2012, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I spent the last two days locating all the stuff I missed in places I've already been instead of moving forward. It was like a dozen stones and some relics, but they were all still doable.

I turned the music down to almost nothing and STILL a few stones couldn't be heard properly. I think there's some developer-evil involved when you have to KNOW where something is off some list rather than find something that makes a specific noise. Or, be so eagle-eyed that a stone never escapes your gaze as you trudge by it.

Now for another boss battle...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Didn't know there was a hard Level cap of 22 on the first playthrough. Was handed a Level 23 amulet somewhere along the way and thought I'd actually get to use it. Completed several quests after reaching Level 22, each had some sort of XP reward, my XP is still zero.

Sure, I might *start* a harder game to eventually get more Achievements but it won't be the same if I start with equipment that completely demolishes anybody I need to kill. Never touched the Crucible though, since I think there are still cards to get.

Still wondering what to do with any more skill points, assuming they carry over to a new game. Teleport Slash and Harvest are all I needed. I even have an extra point left after filling those out. Murder was OK-ish but hardly used after Health Steal showed up...

post #33 of 56 Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Be careful. Apparently you are NOT supposed to *kill* Samael. First try, he disappeared and loot like a scythe and shoulder gear were lying on the floor, but my character was frozen and all I could do was quit. I guess when a cutscene (what I got second try) is supposed to be playing, your movement is inhibited.

When I said I "completely demolishes", I apparently wasn't kidding...

post #34 of 56 Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Amazingly, New Game+ gives you all your equipment, and the XP I'd seen go by unused has been saved for the next game. I'm like 1200 XP from Level 23.

I picked Apocalyptic and will get started on it. I hope that I can add Critical Chance enough to see it almost constantly. Keeping my health up might not be so easy this time around.

The last few fights are fairly easy when your crits occasionally hit for HUGE damage...

post #35 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 AM

Liked: 10
Wow sucks that everyone is having problems with the game. I haven't had any problems as of yet. Im on my second play through and want to get higher upgrades and level for Death. I also will pass the Crucible in one play through. Muahahahaa
post #36 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I was just handed the best scythe I've ever seen from a chest: Level 25 possessed scythe with Critical Chance and Wrath Steal pre-installed.

Once I add Critical Damage and Health Steal, it'll replace the less-damaging version I'm already using to crush everything that needs crushing. Two, maybe three whacks, Harvester, Teleport Slash, repeat as needed if anything survived since Harvester crits at like 23,000 damage. Almost always at full health after every fight...

post #37 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

I was just handed the best scythe I've ever seen from a chest: Level 25 possessed scythe with Critical Chance and Wrath Steal pre-installed.
Once I add Critical Damage and Health Steal, it'll replace the less-damaging version I'm already using to crush everything that needs crushing. Two, maybe three whacks, Harvester, Teleport Slash, repeat as needed if anything survived since Harvester crits at like 23,000 damage. Almost always at full health after every fight...

Better than the scythe earned from the bloodless mission?
post #38 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Look at it this way: I tossed one bomb at the Construct Hulk, threw just three Harvester shots at him, and he was DEAD...

post #39 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 PM

I just found a lvl 26 scythe. Ya but you used a bomb. Plus, the scythe I was talking about can only be gotten in the 2nd play through.
Stats are:
-Damage: 213-245
-Critical chance +10
-Arcane Critical Chance: +15
-Speciality: Static Shock.

I know the added bonuses are better than just the damage but this is pretty impressive.

Edit
My lvl 26 is now at:
-Damage: 214-244
-Defense: 168
-Frost bite: 27
-Strength: 71
-Arcane: 70

What are the stats on your scythe?
post #40 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

I just found a lvl 26 scythe. Ya but you used a bomb. Plus, the scythe I was talking about can only be gotten in the 2nd play through.
Well, to get the Hulk to drop his 'heart' temporarily you do have to hit him with a bomb. The ones that fall when he ground-pounds.
Quote:
What are the stats on your scythe?

Possessed Level 25 Scythe
Damage 201-229
Critical Chance +31%
Critical Damage +43%
Health Steal +22%
Wrath Steal +21%

Primary Weapon
Damage Per Second 2560
Critical Chance +69%
Critical Damage +313%

Now for the stupid thing I just did.

I was going really through The Foundry rather well. Got the water power working, loaded the Construct into the crusher, crushed it...

...Aaaaaaaannnnnd as the ball rolled out onto the floor, I realized that I hadn't destroyed the yellow stuff in front of the Skeleton Key chest.

Soooooo I quickly quit so my last save would load and prevent me from being screwed...

...Aaaaaaaannnnnd I discovered that they Save as part of the crushing action and I found the Construct still destroyed when I restarted.

So I loaded the last save I copied to my internal memory, and what do you know, it was just BEFORE I fought the Construct Hulk. Gotta do it again and see how much of a fluke it was. Hopefully it'll be critical enough. Meanwhile that's 3 hours of work lost.

At least I can continue. How many spots ARE there where if you do something as stupid as what I did, and you have no backup, you start the game over? Not buggy stuff, simply screwing up and having no way to continue. Personally, I'd have expected a bomb to suddenly appear near the yellow stuff, and I didn't investigate an alternate way to get rid of the yellow because I thought quitting would put me back JUST before the screw-up.

Ah, well, coulda been worse...

post #41 of 56 Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:

Well, to get the Hulk to drop his 'heart' temporarily you do have to hit him with a bomb. The ones that fall when he ground-pounds.
Possessed Level 25 Scythe
Damage 201-229
Critical Chance +31%
Critical Damage +43%
Health Steal +22%
Wrath Steal +21%
Primary Weapon
Damage Per Second 2560
Critical Chance +69%
Critical Damage +313%
Now for the stupid thing I just did.
I was going really through The Foundry rather well. Got the water power working, loaded the Construct into the crusher, crushed it...
...Aaaaaaaannnnnd as the ball rolled out onto the floor, I realized that I hadn't destroyed the yellow stuff in front of the Skeleton Key chest.
Soooooo I quickly quit so my last save would load and prevent me from being screwed...
...Aaaaaaaannnnnd I discovered that they Save as part of the crushing action and I found the Construct still destroyed when I restarted.
So I loaded the last save I copied to my internal memory, and what do you know, it was just BEFORE I fought the Construct Hulk. Gotta do it again and see how much of a fluke it was. Hopefully it'll be critical enough. Meanwhile that's 3 hours of work lost.
At least I can continue. How many spots ARE there where if you do something as stupid as what I did, and you have no backup, you start the game over? Not buggy stuff, simply screwing up and having no way to continue. Personally, I'd have expected a bomb to suddenly appear near the yellow stuff, and I didn't investigate an alternate way to get rid of the yellow because I thought quitting would put me back JUST before the screw-up.
Ah, well, coulda been worse...

Those are some nice stats!

My character stats are:
-Primary weapon:
-Damage per second: 3808
-Critical change: 3%
-Critical damage: +180%

Secondary Weapon:
-Damage per second: 4838
-Critical Change: 3%
-Critical Damage: +180%

Ya I hate when I screw up on saves or reset on mistake...

What armor are you using?

I have:
Shoulders lvl 26: Juggernaut Pauldron of Health
-Defense: 185
-Strength: 60
-Health: 174
-Health regen: 139

Armor lvl 26: Wanderer Cover
-Defense: 136
-Strength: 40
-Arcane: 40
-Resistance: 154

Gloves lvl 26: Juggernaut Bindings
-Defense: 111
-Critical Damage: 35%
-Experience: +9%
-Glit Found: +19%

Boots lvl 26: Juggernaut Sabatons
-Defense: 111
-Critical Damage: +35%
-Experience: +9%

Tailsmans lvl 26: Necromancer Tailsman of Health
-Arcane Critical Damage: +36%
-Strength: 40
-Arcane: 40
-Health Regen: 209

I try to go after all of the all around stats but seem to lean more towards the hack and slash type with high defense...lol
post #42 of 56 Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Everything I wear has critical damage. I have two pieces of the Abyssal armor but they aren't anything I feel a need to wear. If there's some magic that kicks in when you wear a complete set, I'd go to the Crucible and see about earning them, but without that, not gonna wear them. Substance over style.

I think it sucks that I can't ever find amulets anymore that are just bigger versions of what I've got. The Executioner line seems good for me with Critical Chance and Critical Damage and Strength, but I *never* see any of that model anymore. It's almost like one is expected to live without that kind of help once you pass Level 23. This one is not amused at that.

So I decided to use all the Power and Mystic stonebites in this game to add Critical Chance. P-P-M gets you Critical Chance +2% so I'll slowly come as close to 100% as I can get. If only I'd have done that way earlier in the first game, things would be going a lot better. As it is, I went as far as getting the first heartstone again before bed and I still haven't been killed in combat. The deaths from bad platforming are something I'll just have to live with...

post #43 of 56 Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Made it to Level 30 by entering Lostlight. XP display says I'm at 0/123800 or so, but Googleing tells me there's currently a cap at 30 so I doubt I'll see that 0 number grow. Not sure the XP will be saved for me like it was in the first playthrough, but at least now I can trade in the extra XP gear for some that does something more useful.

Every single bad guy I can just beat down, goes down quick. One combat death (so far) when a ball from the Guardian Boss got me after I forgot to check how low my heath was. Nobody to hit is my only weakness now...

post #44 of 56 Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Noticed something right away on Earth. Healing by shooting the Swarm guys isn't working. Not sure WHY it worked the first time, but maybe this is part of Apocalyptic mode or maybe it's my change in equipment since the first run. It's annoying to have to drop the gun and beat down the baddies to heal, but it's still doable...

post #45 of 56 Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

An update for the game was released today. Not sure EXACTLY what it did. All the sites that discuss the PS3/360 issues mention game progressions stuff, and the PC ones talk of glitches that we wouldn't see.

Looks like if you're stuck somewhere, it's time to try again...

One thing that is (still??) broken: the secret treasure on Level 5 of the Soul Arbiter's maze is something you can't get again in a Game+ if you got it before, but since it's not there to activate the gateway back to the maze, you're stuck. All I could do was quit and restart at Level 5. No huge deal since you just start where the gateway would have put you, but really annoying just the same...

post #46 of 56 Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This game is really ticking me off.

So my second try at the Crucible goes better than the first, getting past Wave 97, when some big dude I don't recognize from the game pops up and, despite my Aegis Guard, knocks me out. Didn't go for full Reaper because, basically, the one time I used it was an accident and I expected this guy to go down while I was reviving myself by hitting him. Well, that hitting part fell short.

So I finish my Apocalyptic game for the Achievement, then reload (no offering to Game+ this time), knock the difficulty down to Easy, and get to Wave 11 when the game locks up.

Sure, it didn't wait until Wave 96 just to be REALLY cruel, but why lock up at all????...

post #47 of 56 Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All done. Second DVD game at 100% complete. Not sure when the DLC is due but if they don't fix their code entry problem I'll probably never get to do it anyway...

post #48 of 56 Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM

HAve you tried to get the Abyssal armor? I heard it's a pain to get but pretty dang good. I read somewhere that the armor pieces incomplete aren't very much but when the entire armor is together the stats raise a lot more.
post #49 of 56 Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You get parts by finishing a few of the quests in the game, and parts by getting through the Crucible. I had so much Critical Damage equipment, I just used the boots to boost my Critical Chance over 100% and called it quits. Worked for me...

post #50 of 56 Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Apparently, when you write them about a problem, they don't examine the data they asked for. My code for Argul's Tomb had a zero where an O should be, since a zero was appropriate and an O was not, and when their latest email suggested that was a problem I tried it and it worked. I asked why they didn't point that out earlier in the discussion, since the email I was just sent had the bad code in it. Maybe I'll get a response...

post #51 of 56 Old 09-14-2012, 04:17 AM

Did you get to dl Arguls Tomb? When I did it it said I used the code already. I know I tried to use the code before but I don't recall getting anything for it.
post #52 of 56 Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All you get when the code works is an acknowledgement of success and you are told that the code will be available later. Apparently 'later' is in Spetember.

Did the code ever work for you? If not, change any zeros to Os and try again. My O was at the end of the first group...

post #53 of 56 Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Wow sucks that everyone is having problems with the game. I haven't had any problems as of yet. Im on my second play through and want to get higher upgrades and level for Death. I also will pass the Crucible in one play through. Muahahahaa
Damn, I envy you so much, I met the bug before the end of this game story. phasewalker in the blackstone.
post #54 of 56 Old 09-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucew0617 View Post

Damn, I envy you so much, I met the bug before the end of this game story. phasewalker in the blackstone.

Oh that sucks. Ya I am working on getting the Abyssal armor. Only thing I ran into was that my xbox (referb) froze up and I traded it in for another.

Only piece of Abyssal armor I need are the hands but I haven't been playing it much since college started up again.
post #55 of 56 Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They sent out the LIVE code for Argul's Tomb today. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, since I'm trying to only work on Borderlands 2 and a tiny bit of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer...

post #56 of 56 Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

They sent out the LIVE code for Argul's Tomb today. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, since I'm trying to only work on Borderlands 2 and a tiny bit of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer...
Ummm, my FPS skill totally sucks and Borderland 2 become the torture to me.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page