Darksiders 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 56 Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anybody else have difficulty with the code for Argul's Tomb at darksiders.com? I emailed support when it didn't work...

LIVE: mikepaul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 08-14-2012, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Isn't that code for DLC that is to be released in the near future. I believe 30-60 days or so after release. I believe they are planning 3 DLC releases and the code is to get the first one for free.
post #3 of 56 Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsou View Post

Isn't that code for DLC that is to be released in the near future. I believe 30-60 days or so after release. I believe they are planning 3 DLC releases and the code is to get the first one for free.
Well, OK, but there's an offer for Van Der Schmash and Mace Maximus weapons for signing up at THQ.com and this is what http://community.darksiders.com/mycodes says for me about Mace Maximus:
Quote:
Mace Maximus codes:

Your Mace Maximus code for Xbox Live will be sent to you as soon as it becomes available.

Now, http://support.thq.com/home has an update I didn't see until just now:
Quote:
There are currently issues when attempting to redeem or receive codes through the Darksiders.com website.

This is a known issue that should be resolved within 24 hours. If you still cannot access the codes after trying again in 24 hours or checking the Redeemed codes section under the My Account page of the Community.Darksiders.com website, please email them directly at the following address:

So maybe the status for Argul's Tomb will change to be like Mace Maximus soon.

Van Der Schmash is Level 5 so I can't use it yet. Any other bonus weapons/armor you can use sooner than Level 5?...

post #4 of 56 Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The piece of paper folded to pretend to be a pamphlet doesn't say anything about the jewels I see in places I can't get to. The PDF manual at www.thq.com/manual has more info but not much help.

I hate buying books, but at least the Darksiders 2 one has a code for a weapon. Perhaps another wait-until-later weapon that might not be used much after the level at which it becomes available, but a weapon none the less. I sure hope the code works since it's probably one for the THQ website...

Well, I found the dude who wants the gems, and now I can get them. Not sure you can miss him so if you do just ask where he is...

post #5 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
While i am loving this game, I had to play it with the xbox disconnected. I put the game in last night and it stayed on the connecting to THQ servers for 5 minutes, finally got to a different screen but it was just a picture of death, 5 minutes later, nothing came up. I went to the dashboard, started the game, this time the THQ server message stayed about 3 minutes and then I got the sign on to a THQ account. Did that, then got the screen with Death again just standing there as a background. Nothing to select. I went to the dashboard, started it again, this time THQ message on the screen for 5 minutes, then Death standing there as a background nothing to select. Turned off the xbox unplugged the cable, and the game started right up and I was able to play.

Shame they put the ice world first. It really is a bad looking world and pretty bland with nothing to do. The second world looks much better and you have multiple shopping vendors and trainers. Much better. There is a little to much platforming for me and not enough fighting. You also don't find enough gold (or whatever they call it) to but much, takes a long time to build up, at least in the beginning. Skill tree is VERY limited, it is basically sword attacks or summoning spell. Not much variety. Overall I like it, but it is a play for 30 minutes and take it out kind of game.

post #6 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 236
That sounds very disappointing to me. I was looking forward to buying this game next week. Now I will wait until I get a better fix on it. I don't want to just wade into a wall of glitches or needless tedious play. By your comments it doesn't appear to be worth a AAA launch premium. I'll definitely wait for the deep discounts before even trying it now.
post #7 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Shame they put the ice world first. It really is a bad looking world and pretty bland with nothing to do. The second world looks much better and you have multiple shopping vendors and trainers. Much better. There is a little to much platforming for me and not enough fighting. You also don't find enough gold (or whatever they call it) to but much, takes a long time to build up, at least in the beginning. Skill tree is VERY limited, it is basically sword attacks or summoning spell. Not much variety. Overall I like it, but it is a play for 30 minutes and take it out kind of game.
I had much better server luck.

Now, I happen to like games that ramp up difficulty instead of just PLOP, survive if you can. I bet the hardest version of Iceland won't be easy but that's why I play Normal to start. Bosses are OK so far. Made it to Level 5 last night so all the stuff I found and earned as DLC became usable. No real problems here.

Teleport Slash is the Skill I picked first. It works, and certainly does better than running up to the randoms walking around. Like magic, anybody I simply attack manages to get a hit in unless I dodged by them first. At least TS gets an early lick in then the pounding can continue. Wrath isn't plentiful yet so I've had a few ooops moments when TS wouldn't fire but nothing tragic. I unlocked Harvest just before I quit last night so today I'll find out how it performs.

I do dislike the quick hidden saves. I tried saving, THEN buying a cheap item from Vulgrim to see what I'd get, then IMMEDIATELY quit when it didn't look good. Uh-uh, the money was gone and the item still there when I reloaded. Not sure that the save kicks-in during the purchase so next time, instead of exiting the store, I'll just quit to the desktop and see how that goes.

I just hope they cut down the kind of 'special' fighting that has my Darksiders 1 game stuck. War wandered into a place with no Vulgrim to resupply him and too many fights involving jumping through portals and landing on somebody's head. It all got too depressing to even try to overcome, and awaits that distant day when it's the only game I have left. So far, so good in this one...

post #8 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

That sounds very disappointing to me. I was looking forward to buying this game next week. Now I will wait until I get a better fix on it. I don't want to just wade into a wall of glitches or needless tedious play. By your comments it doesn't appear to be worth a AAA launch premium. I'll definitely wait for the deep discounts before even trying it now.

Lots of glitches in this game, Death was floating in mid air, lots of screen tearing, bad AI, lots of small problems. However, the loot is pretty cool, and upgradeable. Its like one minute you hate it and are frustrated and the next you are, wow that is pretty cool.

post #9 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The PC version is a mess as well, needs to be patched asap.

Jason
post #10 of 56 Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm getting along just fine. As long as the enemies die I don't care if it gets choppy or whatever.

How to reject a Vulgrim purchase:
1) Save the game
2) Buy something from Vulgrim, but do NOT finalize the purchase. Just read the description of what you got.
3) If you don't want it, quit to Xbox Home and restart the game.

The turnaround is a little over a minute to be back at Vulgrim's store, although I cancel the animation at game loadup and have the game installed to my HD. It gets boring when the same kind of stuff comes out again and again, but eventually something decent does drop. I don't know if anything at higher levels than 6 will regenerate health all the time, so I settled on an item that adds 128 health on execution. Now to get the execution percentage up...

post #11 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Gotta give them props, one of the most unique loading screens when you start a new game, that recap of what you have done so far and that it keeps growing as you do stuff, impressive.

Also, more props to the actual menu when you get to continue, options, etc. it is actually THE game of where you are standing and what is going on in the background is your game, pretty impressive. Never saw that before.

post #12 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lots of glitches in this game, Death was floating in mid air, lots of screen tearing, bad AI, lots of small problems. However, the loot is pretty cool, and upgradeable. Its like one minute you hate it and are frustrated and the next you are, wow that is pretty cool.

I will spring earlier for this game than I described above. Because I loved DS1 so much. But I will wait longer to see what they do with the glitches...or whether a fatal deal breaker shows up in playthroughs on multiple sites. Question though for anyone here. How would you compare DS2 with DS1 overall and why? Was it more fun to playthrough as War or Death and why? Were the enemy bosses as diverse, comparable and difficult? Can you comment on this without any fatal spoilers?
post #13 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

I will spring earlier for this game than I described above. Because I loved DS1 so much. But I will wait longer to see what they do with the glitches...or whether a fatal deal breaker shows up in playthroughs on multiple sites. Question though for anyone here. How would you compare DS2 with DS1 overall and why? Was it more fun to playthrough as War or Death and why? Were the enemy bosses as diverse, comparable and difficult? Can you comment on this without any fatal spoilers?

DS2 is way better. Death "feels" better. He moves around better, better attacks. Game seems easy, even on normal, and Death's avoid manuver makes boss battles a piece of cake, partially because of enemy AI. Once they commit to something, they do not change their path, attack.

This game your leveling up is WAY better, loot is WAAAAYYYY better. World is bigger, after a couple hours, it really opens up to explore, and you will have to go back as you gain abilities to access other areas. But the fast travel is a god send as you can zip around to previous areas with ease.

You also have items that you can "feed" it other items that level it up, when it levels up you can actually pick from powers that become available on that item to further customize it to your liking, pretty slick in that respect.

Way better enemies too, always fightning something new.

Puzzles are almost idential to DS1, lots of climbing, running along walls, etc.

post #14 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I like how you can just leave and go get supplies then return. Need to restore Reaper energy? Go beat on the practice dummies until it's back.

'Dodge' is not an acceptable substitute for 'run' in boss battles. Not sure a second harder playthrough will work for me in some early spots...

post #15 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds great except for the glitches. But they don't seem to be a deal breaker yet. One last Q...Does that annoying little sprite guy show up randomly in this game too. I don't remember his name. But in DS1 he'd pop up where I least expected him and just drain energy from me like a faucet. And then just zap away. He was the toughest guy in the entire game for me to beat. The final boss was easier IMO. I finally nailed him on a higher level. But does he show up and is he tougher than before. Don't tell me where and when though.
post #16 of 56 Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

DS2 is way better. Death "feels" better. He moves around better, better attacks. Game seems easy, even on normal, and Death's avoid manuver makes boss battles a piece of cake, partially because of enemy AI. Once they commit to something, they do not change their path, attack.
This game your leveling up is WAY better, loot is WAAAAYYYY better. World is bigger, after a couple hours, it really opens up to explore, and you will have to go back as you gain abilities to access other areas. But the fast travel is a god send as you can zip around to previous areas with ease.
You also have items that you can "feed" it other items that level it up, when it levels up you can actually pick from powers that become available on that item to further customize it to your liking, pretty slick in that respect.
Way better enemies too, always fightning something new.
Puzzles are almost idential to DS1, lots of climbing, running along walls, etc.

I think DS2 have more fun like as update the equipment and the skill tree. But till now I don't know how to use the skill from Skill tree.tongue.gif
post #17 of 56 Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucew0617 View Post

I think DS2 have more fun like as update the equipment and the skill tree. But till now I don't know how to use the skill from Skill tree.tongue.gif

You hit down on the D-pad to call up the skill tree wheel. Here you can assign skills to either left bumper X, left bumper, Y, etc. Then in game just hold left bumper and hit a button to cast the power.
Brucew0617 likes this.

post #18 of 56 Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm running into the problem I always have when loot can be rejected if you don't like it: extra hours of 'play' where the play clock doesn't move forward.

Opening the first Death Tomb many many times, since you can just quit the game once you review what you got and then try again, led to eventually just settling for a Level 10 possessed scythe and a few more decent items. The one time I got something with health regen on it, I wanted 'better' specs and kept going, and never saw another item like it. Sure hope they get more plentiful later...

post #19 of 56 Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I've moved on to the new arae, the tree of life. Pretty cool area, new creatures and the items continue to get better.

Looks like their site finally fixed the free download stuff but by now, they were sooo underpowered it was sad.

Still playing it, still addicted, gets better and better as you go.

post #20 of 56 Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Has anyone noticed oddly high damage values shooting bugs, like the ones in the Psychameron dungeon, with Redemption? I get 610 and, on crits, 1610, but when I wen to Tri-Stone for supplies, shooting the training dummies only gave 61, like there's a 10x 'bonus' on the bugs. Not sure the values are correct since I can't say for sure a Level 16 bug needs 1200 HP to die.

I've killed thousands of them by now. I noticed that you could farm them by saving, quitting, and restarting. I moved from Level 16 to Level 18 in that one spot. There's a level-related drop in XP given that makes this the last level I'll get any XP off of Level 16 enemies, but I figure at Level 19 I'll be better off killing the boss coming up...

Well, the values reported when I hit them with scythes match the 1200 or so they need to die, but I can't tell if those values are also inflated. When I beat on the practice dummies to restore reaper energy, I see small numbers and large ones. It'll just be depressing if I'm in a crowd situation where I shoot a bug and get 610 then shoot something bigger and get 61...

OK, made it to Level 19, and now I get zero XP for killing the Level 16 bugs. Too bad that there's not even a token amount of XP for beating up enemies in areas that you've outgrown...

post #21 of 56 Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Learned something about the shops.

Maybe there's another way to randomize the inventory at the shops, but turning in a quest does it. If you have gold to burn, wait until after a quest so the inventory will be new, usually including the person you talk to saying something about 'new'. I've read that leveling up also does it, but I can't say for sure.

HOWEVER, save before you open the inventory to look. Once you look, then save, that inventory will be locked until the next quest is turned in. Been there, done that.

Your best bet is to save right after the turn-in, then travel to a shop and browse the merchandise. If nothing looks good enough, quit and continue. Since your location save is a separate thing from the game status save, you'll be relatively near the store and you can look again. Once you buy something and save, you're stuck looking at the same stuff until after the next quest is over.

I'm pretty sure each store is separate. At Tri-Stone, I locked the amulet shop but was able to browse a bunch of different inventories at the forge. Save before you shop and always quit unless you buy something. Be sure to quit even if you give up looking so later when you want to browse again the stock will be new. If you see an item you can't afford yet, save after exiting the store and I'm fairly sure it'll be there for a while. Haven't checked this myself so I hope I'm right. Watch out for the possibility of leveling up causing your item to vanish...

post #22 of 56 Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone find real value in Reaper Regen? I saw Reaper Regen 9 on a scythe and bought it.

I timed how long it took at 9 units per minute to restore my Reaper ability and calculated that at Level 20 I have 302 units to fill (33.5 or so minutes at 9 per minute).

With an amulet that gives me Reaper energy on execute 45, I'd only need 7 executions to do the same job. Reaper energy comes naturally if you beat up the practice dummies, and is a LOT faster than 30 minutes.

Maybe at higher levels you can get it down to 5 minutes, but I can't see sucking up inventory space for this scythe or applying Reaper Regen to my primary possessed weapons. Criticals and Health Steal are far far more important...

post #23 of 56 Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Anyone find real value in Reaper Regen? I saw Reaper Regen 9 on a scythe and bought it.
I timed how long it took at 9 units per minute to restore my Reaper ability and calculated that at Level 20 I have 302 units to fill (33.5 or so minutes at 9 per minute).
With an amulet that gives me Reaper energy on execute 45, I'd only need 7 executions to do the same job. Reaper energy comes naturally if you beat up the practice dummies, and is a LOT faster than 30 minutes.
Maybe at higher levels you can get it down to 5 minutes, but I can't see sucking up inventory space for this scythe or applying Reaper Regen to my primary possessed weapons. Criticals and Health Steal are far far more important...

I rarely even use my reaper form as things die so fast, I end up just using it for bosses/mini-bosses. At a higher level you get an upgraded reaper form that makes the reaper last longer and when it is done, your reaper form explodes to impact everyone around you. Once I got that, I found myself using reaper form more often when there are lots of enemies. Its just I don't think about it because it is so easy to just dodge attacks in this game, I rarely have to drink a potion or worry about reaper form.

post #24 of 56 Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Health Steal on your scythes solves a LOT of issues. I *think* the gun you fire on Earth is tying into that ability since I kept getting healed. However, don't miss ANYTHING on Earth on the first pass, because I backtracked and ended up shooting behind me every single freaking step of the way. I kinda wish I was getting XP for it, but Level 21 is too high to make XP off the rabble...

post #25 of 56 Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Well my game is ruined. I got to an area where you have 3 push levers you need to interact with when you can summon 2 of the ghosts to help. I tried it and when you tell a ghost to use a level if it is the wrong one skeletons spring from the ground, they have to be done in a certain order to lower gates in the room. Well I ran out of time so I saved my game, now when I load my game I am in that room (which is locked until you solve the puzzle) and when I tell a ghost to go to a level he does, but nothing happend, no skeletons, no gate lowering. I re-load pick a different lever, nothing happens, no way out of the room until the puzzle is sovled. Game is completely ruined now!

post #26 of 56 Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well my game is ruined. I got to an area where you have 3 push levers you need to interact with when you can summon 2 of the ghosts to help. I tried it and when you tell a ghost to use a level if it is the wrong one skeletons spring from the ground, they have to be done in a certain order to lower gates in the room. Well I ran out of time so I saved my game, now when I load my game I am in that room (which is locked until you solve the puzzle) and when I tell a ghost to go to a level he does, but nothing happend, no skeletons, no gate lowering. I re-load pick a different lever, nothing happens, no way out of the room until the puzzle is sovled. Game is completely ruined now!
So, you can't fast-travel outside, then walk back inside and start over?...

post #27 of 56 Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Has anyone checked the leaderboards? Plenty of game finishes using zero time. Other bogus numbers elsewhere. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a board if invalid numbers are even allowed to be posted.

Now if it turns out a bug erases valid times, then that's just sad...

post #28 of 56 Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, you can't fast-travel outside, then walk back inside and start over?...

Tried that this morning. When I make my way back there, the room stil behaves the same way. I can get the ghosts to re-open the doors to get me back into the room, which then shuts behind me with gates, but nothing ever happens in the room. If I travel out and back in, still nothing. I even travelled out, went to a different world (the original) did a quest, came back to the dungeoun the long way, worked my way back through, nothing. Frak me I am so pissed. First time I tried it, the one push bar lowered the gate for the chest, the other raised them all or the third lowered what you needed to get out. Now, they do nothing when pushed and all gates stay up. I am soooo screwed.

I read a patch is coming for the 360 really soon. While my issue is not specifcally mentioned, I am hoping patching in general will fix it for me, fingers crossed.

post #29 of 56 Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I Googled and see that several people are also stuck. Hopefully the patch will help. Next time, consider backing up your game saves (there are two files) onto your internal storage or a USB stick after any major accomplishments or before entering a dungeon for the first time.

Not to spoil anything, but some dungeons perform oddly on a revisit if you have to go back looking for things. Bridges will be down, then if you almost walk out then walk back to them, like magic they are back up and passable. Totally frustrating that every place you managed to go once isn't left in a position for you to come back.

On a lighter note https://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801 is giving away a free Level 5 possessed axe. Not sure of any downside if you Like them. I fed my axe to a possessed hammer for later use...

post #30 of 56 Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I Googled and see that several people are also stuck. Hopefully the patch will help. Next time, consider backing up your game saves (there are two files) onto your internal storage or a USB stick after any major accomplishments or before entering a dungeon for the first time.
Not to spoil anything, but some dungeons perform oddly on a revisit if you have to go back looking for things. Bridges will be down, then if you almost walk out then walk back to them, like magic they are back up and passable. Totally frustrating that every place you managed to go once isn't left in a position for you to come back.
On a lighter note https://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801 is giving away a free Level 5 possessed axe. Not sure of any downside if you Like them. I fed my axe to a possessed hammer for later use...

Thanks, I use to do that a lot in the past, guess I gotta do it again.

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page