Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-26-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
http://xim3.com/

I was curious how much the XIM3 was because I was seriously considering it but kind of balked at the initial $150 price. But going to the site, I find out it's discontinued and replaced by the Xim Edge at $90? It's definitely cheaper. I guess because they got rid of the LCD screen?

Anyone own this newer version and can give comment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Liked: 12
I own both and both are great, as close as you can get for 1:1 movement with a mouse/keyboard/nunchuck combination on a console.

The XIM3 is just for the 360, but can be used on a PS3 with an additional adapter, but can't use the PS3 smart translators that the XIM Edge can use since the XIM Edge is native compatible for both systems, no extra adapters needed and has smart translates for both systems.

It easy to switch between games on the Edge by customizing keys on the keyboard to whatever game your playing, you just have to remember which key you bound it to since there is no screen.

Mapping buttons is really easy as well on the Edge, just press start & select/back then the PS3/Xbox button on the controller, then bind the buttons to what ever you want.

I've got mine set up with a Razer Naga mouse and the PS3 NAV controller and couldn't be happier.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
thanks for the input! i was worried that without a screen, you'd have to constantly hook the device to a PC to adjust it.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM

Liked: 12
The only time I really go to the PC is to download new updates and smart translators for games I want to play. Right now I'm just using the Edge on my PS3 and have 5 games configured on it. On the Razer Naga mouse, I've got 5 of the side buttons configured to the 5 different games, so it's just a matter of pushing one of them to switch games. I've not run into any issues pushing the buttons in the heat of battle, so it's worked out well.

I use the XIM3 on my 360 but I could easily configure the XIM Edge for 360 use, I just never needed to switch it over since I use both systems, which are in different rooms.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 AM

Liked: 10
Been using the Fragnstein with good results, though it's definitely flawed, for a few years now. But since its wearing down and I'm still not satisfied completely with the micro-aiming and deadzones I'm looking to purchase the XIM Edge soon.

Just wondering if anyone has experience successfully using both the nunchuk and mouse from a FnS or Aimon device with the XIM Edge and being able to properly tweak both? Or just mouse? Or just nunchuk? Or is it just better to get a Move Navi controller and get a new gaming mouse?

Thanks for the feedback.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 AM

Liked: 11
I have been using the XIM 3 and I can imagine the Edge is just as good. I am going to pick one up for my PS3 since I 360 in one room and PS3 in another.

Kuzu if your wondering about any compatibility issues just go post on the XIM Forums. Everyone there is very helpful. I use a logitech gaming mouse and a belkin n52te speedpad
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page