How many game updates does the Xbox store? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Does anyone know how many game updates the Xbox stores? I have the slim model with about 190 gig of HD space available, but it seems if I put in multiple games after awhile the next game I put it will say there is an update when I know they haven't updated it (positive, can be verified via developers web site) but also, if I put enough games in, then put the first one in, it will update that again. It seems to only store a certain number of game updates, anyone know if this is a set number or how they calculate it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
There was a time when the number was roughly three. It may have expanded with recent dashboard updates. It's acting normal, and an update is like 4MB. Don't worry about it.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Does anyone know how many game updates the Xbox stores? I have the slim model with about 190 gig of HD space available, but it seems if I put in multiple games after awhile the next game I put it will say there is an update when I know they haven't updated it (positive, can be verified via developers web site) but also, if I put enough games in, then put the first one in, it will update that again. It seems to only store a certain number of game updates, anyone know if this is a set number or how they calculate it?

There is a small partition on the HDD that holds updates, when it fills up, the oldest gets pushed out. That partition is one of the reasons your HDD reports being smaller than it really is, the partition is pretty small and these updates dont soak up your normal free space. Some newer games have much larger updates, where you can actually select where to store them, to delete them etc - these store in your regular storage pool, and shouldnt push out any of the the smaller updates.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #4 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
the updates are stored in your system cache. that's why when you clear out your system cache, you have to redo all the updates to your games.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page