Realms of Ancient War RPG on Arcade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2012, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Just got Realms of Ancient War on Xbox Live Arcade (R.A.W).WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a $12 game, this is freaking amazing. Absolutely loving it. Pure roll player game. Great spells, and the graphics are stunning for an arcade game. Top down dungeoun crawler, with gorgeous outdoor areas too. Nice combination of spells and the chain lightning looks simple amazing. Inventory is soooooo easy to navigate and to tell if a highlighted item is better then what is equiped. Good amount of loot drop, numerous vendors. Can't say enough good things about this little gem. The only negative is the checkpoint save system. At times, you have to play until an entire area is completed otherwise it starts you over. But other then that, I recommend you download the trial version and give it a whirl, good game, and cheap!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Thanks for the heads-up. I missed this one, and will give it a shot.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Decided to give this a shot - I saw it before you posted this and was on the fence, but after reading this I figured I'd try it out.

Didn't get too far, but it isn't too bad. The biggest gripe I have is that you can't play with a buddy online.

This will probably just be something I tinker around with while waiting for the other AVS tools to log on and play CoD.

Is there no map, or did I just not look closely enough? I got sick of having to have go into the inventory screen to have the game show me the general direction of the quest objective.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Decided to give this a shot - I saw it before you posted this and was on the fence, but after reading this I figured I'd try it out.
Didn't get too far, but it isn't too bad. The biggest gripe I have is that you can't play with a buddy online.
This will probably just be something I tinker around with while waiting for the other AVS tools to log on and play CoD.
Is there no map, or did I just not look closely enough? I got sick of having to have go into the inventory screen to have the game show me the general direction of the quest objective.

You just push down on the stick and it will show you the direction you need to go. WIth the maps so linear, a mini-map is really not needed as you can only really go one way, the other branching paths are always dead ends (but they have chest/side-quests).

Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ahhh, good deal - thanks for the info.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom