Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) - Burnout Paradise 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Surprised to see no chatter about this. I will be picking this game up tonight, I loved all the other Criterion games, especially Burnout Paradise.

Add me as a friend for online racing: hondeboyman

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Burnout Paradise killed my enthusiasm for Criterion and where they're going with racing.

I'll give NFS: MW a shot when it gets cheaper though reviews say it's very different from the original which doesn't give me much comfort as I really liked the original (yes, even with the cheesy acting but it did have Josie Maran...).

I can imagine the exciting driving though. Burnout is the pinnacle of arcade driving.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I'm having mixed feelings about this game. I have the ps3 version and didn't see a thread over there so decided to step in here as I'm sure both versions are similar. Well, I loved the original NFSMW, but this version does feel a lot like Burnout. I wish it would of had some story line to it rather than just random racing. I loved the pursuit challenges, drag races, the little cut scenes when you would hit those hazard marks used to slow down opponents or police and the customization in the original a lot more than this one. I even miss that speed breaker thing, forgot the name, where you would slow everything down to maneuver better around tight corners. I've only had one day with it so far so we'll see...
post #4 of 12 Old 10-31-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Burnout Paradise killed my enthusiasm for Criterion and where they're going with racing.
I'll give NFS: MW a shot when it gets cheaper though reviews say it's very different from the original which doesn't give me much comfort as I really liked the original (yes, even with the cheesy acting but it did have Josie Maran...).
I can imagine the exciting driving though. Burnout is the pinnacle of arcade driving.
You keep saying original and meaning the original Most Wanted but this game really IS Burnout Paradise 2 with cops and licensed cars.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #5 of 12 Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Played quite a bit last night and had loads of fun. This is definitely Paradise 2.0 and not Original Most Wanted sequel. I played both and this has no trace of the original MW.

The multiplayer is very fun as well and it played smoothly. Great graphics, great controls

post #6 of 12 Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Disappointed to see there's no wheel support... again! After they didn't have wheels in Burnout Paradise but they did in Hot Pursuit, I was almost sure they would in this game. Wonder if I should open up my copy or just get it on Vita.

/ 

post #7 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Disappointed to see there's no wheel support... again! After they didn't have wheels in Burnout Paradise but they did in Hot Pursuit, I was almost sure they would in this game. Wonder if I should open up my copy or just get it on Vita.

Well, that just killed it for me.

Forza horizon has wheel support though, right?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #8 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Does Forza support the official Forza wheel... Hmmm... Let me think about that. biggrin.gif

Yes, it Horizon supports the Microsoft, CSR, and Mad Catz wheels famously.

I am going to open Need for Speed anyway and give it a go. I don't think Hot Pursuit officially supported the wheel either, but it played fine, unlike Carbon which officially supported it but really didn't. Just no fine tuning.

/ 

post #9 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1399
Hmm...cause I loved hot pursuit with the FF wheel. They patched it in later, I think? Not supporting it is absolutely a dealbreaker.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #10 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Wow, how did I mis this? So this is Burnout Paradise 2 with the Road Rage and all? If so I may need this!

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #11 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Wow, how did I mis this? So this is Burnout Paradise 2 with the Road Rage and all? If so I may need this!

Ya, its pretty awesome:

http://youtu.be/BaGE_ExVdw0

post #12 of 12 Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm having fun with this game. I like the open world style, both in singleplayer and multiplayer. Hoping there's others that can post their gamertags so I can grow the Billboard/Spped Trap lists. No offense HONDEboyMAN, but I'm getting tired of seeing your mug everywhere. smile.gif

Xbox Live:
 | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID:
| Origin ID: oktoberrust11

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page