Can't reconnect Xbox to Windows Media Center 7 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > Xbox Area > Can't reconnect Xbox to Windows Media Center 7

Xbox Area

leebo's Avatar leebo
03:20 PM Liked: 154
post #1 of 4
11-23-2012 | Posts: 2,008
I'm having a problem getting a family members Xbox set up as an extender. If I'm posting in the wrong place let me know, but I thought some of you have experience with it so I'm giving it a shot.

This system was working fine up until yesterday, when my brother made several changes to the win 7 pc that is recording the programming from the Prime.

The Xbox started saying it could not connect to Windows Media Server. I ended up doing a roll back to a point last week when I knew everything was working.

The Xbox still had the same problem.

I removed the extender from WMC and started over with the Xbox. I got the 8 digit code from the Xbox and entered it into WMC.

WMC complained that the code was incorrect and to try again, which I did. After about five tried, I gave up and went to bed.

WMC fails during extender set up at step three - configuring extender.
I then get a configuration error, and am prompted to enter a new, 8 digit code (which ultimately fails).

So my question is, how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
leebo's Avatar leebo
04:55 PM Liked: 154
post #2 of 4
11-23-2012 | Posts: 2,008
I should have proof read before posting above. The "prime"I am referring to is an outboard tuner called HDhomerun Prime. It has nothing to do with my issue.

I had the Xbox set up as an extender to Windows Media Center 7. The Xbox can play just about any media located on the pc.

My issue is that I can not get the Windows Media center pc to add the Xbox as an extender, even though before my brother touched it, it worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g.
10:06 AM Liked: 59
post #3 of 4
11-24-2012 | Posts: 1,449
I'm not so sure this isn't related to the new dash and the rollout of Win8...I have the exact same issue on my upstairs setup...(except that I rarely use the connection...) I finally gave up, expecting an update of some sort to fix...
mikepaul's Avatar mikepaul
11:56 PM Liked: 22
post #4 of 4
11-24-2012 | Posts: 1,755
Check the firewall. Norton blocked WMC7 on my laptop, because once the free trial ran out, it got through again...
Reply Xbox Area

Subscribe to this Thread