Can't reconnect Xbox to Windows Media Center 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I'm having a problem getting a family members Xbox set up as an extender. If I'm posting in the wrong place let me know, but I thought some of you have experience with it so I'm giving it a shot.

This system was working fine up until yesterday, when my brother made several changes to the win 7 pc that is recording the programming from the Prime.

The Xbox started saying it could not connect to Windows Media Server. I ended up doing a roll back to a point last week when I knew everything was working.

The Xbox still had the same problem.

I removed the extender from WMC and started over with the Xbox. I got the 8 digit code from the Xbox and entered it into WMC.

WMC complained that the code was incorrect and to try again, which I did. After about five tried, I gave up and went to bed.

WMC fails during extender set up at step three - configuring extender.
I then get a configuration error, and am prompted to enter a new, 8 digit code (which ultimately fails).

So my question is, how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I should have proof read before posting above. The "prime"I am referring to is an outboard tuner called HDhomerun Prime. It has nothing to do with my issue.

I had the Xbox set up as an extender to Windows Media Center 7. The Xbox can play just about any media located on the pc.

My issue is that I can not get the Windows Media center pc to add the Xbox as an extender, even though before my brother touched it, it worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I'm not so sure this isn't related to the new dash and the rollout of Win8...I have the exact same issue on my upstairs setup...(except that I rarely use the connection...) I finally gave up, expecting an update of some sort to fix...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #4 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Check the firewall. Norton blocked WMC7 on my laptop, because once the free trial ran out, it got through again...

LIVE: mikepaul

Evil intentionally does harm to innocent beings. Good will occasionally do harm to innocent beings, but it's not intentional. Try not to be Evil. Strive to be Good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page