License Transfer w/out Old 360 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So I'm thinking about selling my 360 since I just bought a gaming PC.

My question is what will happen to my purchased XBLA content. If I wipe my HDD, sell my current console, and then buy a replacement console at some point in the future, would I be able to redownload my previously purchased content? Or do I need the physical HDD from my prior console? And if I copy my game saves to a flash drive, will those transfer no problem?

I've only ever had to do a repair for my RROD console, so I don't know how easy/complex the license transfer is. I'm hoping it's as easy as it should be. Is it? Does it simply follow my username rather than my console?

And is there anything else I should be aware of when preparing my console for sale?

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Everything you purchase is saved under your account. All you need to do is go to your purchase history and you can redownload everything you want again. You can also do the license transfer on the xbox also. Just make sure you dont forget your account info.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Everything you purchase is saved under your account. All you need to do is go to your purchase history and you can redownload everything you want again. You can also do the license transfer on the xbox also. Just make sure you dont forget your account info.
Cool. Thanks.

Now if I only knew what the situation will be for 720 backwards compatibility... I'd probably just wait it out until then. Plus I have a few region-free Japan-only titles that I'd like to hold onto (and hope to play again some day). Fingers crossed.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page