Crysis 3 - Feb 28 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way the level streams in (kind of like the slight pauses that Halo has when buffering a new part of the level). With that said, it's very, very annoying to me, to the point where I'm finding it borderline unplayable. Luckily, it was just a rental from Redbox.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Thinking about picking this one up, I actually completely forgot about it.

Any negatives to report so far for those that have played it?

post #33 of 39 Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
I heard that the bow kind of breaks the game since you can fire it without breaking cloak. That's got to make it stupid easy on normal, but how does that affect the higher difficulty levels? Crysis is one of those rare games where I actually enjoy playing on the highest difficulty level, but having to break steath to fire was like the entire point of the last two...

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #34 of 39 Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I heard that the bow kind of breaks the game since you can fire it without breaking cloak. That's got to make it stupid easy on normal, but how does that affect the higher difficulty levels? Crysis is one of those rare games where I actually enjoy playing on the highest difficulty level, but having to break steath to fire was like the entire point of the last two...

I get what you're saying, this would be odd. Although it'd be a pleasure not to hear "cloak engaged" 5000 times a gaming session. Ugh.

-JR
post #35 of 39 Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

The single player is better than Crysis and Crysis 2- lots of variety.

I played it on Veteran so it was not short....also Excellent Graphics.

Multiplayer is very fun, sound does drop in and out at times.

Definitely worth $60 in my opinion.
post #36 of 39 Old 02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

If you can rent it first, I'd recommend that route. I thought the first Crysis was horribly bad, Crysis 2 I enjoyed but something about Crysis 3 just doesn't jive with me. I'm also going to be in the minority by saying that graphically it doesn't look all that good. Muddy would be the perfect way to describe it. I think it actually looks worse than Crysis 2 in certain aspects. And the horribly overdone motion blur is distracting. Certainly not the best looking game on consoles these days.

As for the actual story, it's as forgettable as the last two games.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #37 of 39 Old 03-02-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I picked up Crysis 3 for the 360 today and briefly played part of the first level, primarily to make sure the disc was OK. Based on my limited playtime, my main issue with the game is really a carryover from the prior Crysis titles released on the 360: the game just tries to put too much detail up on the screen for the aging 360 hardware to keep up. The result is a sometimes muddy looking image where your enemies are often hard to make out. The framerate is also inconsistent and that can affect your aiming at times and the relatively low-res imagery really compromises the usefulness of your mini-map. All these problems are further exacerbated if you try to play the game in 3D. This is especially noticeable in the opening sequence where the night setting and rain really makes even mildly distant enemies hard to make out. Its playable but compared to natively programmed FPS shooters like Halo 4 the visuals and responsiveness really suffer.
post #38 of 39 Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Anyone else getting frequent audio dropouts playing the campaign (installed the the hard drive)? I finished the first level and it was so frequent I thought my 360 was dying.
Yes, really really annoying. I even get audio dropouts sometimes during the logos when the game first launches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

In my opinion any unbalancing the ability to remain cloaked may have caused is completely negated by the fact that enemies can spot you instantly from a mile away through thick weeds and in the dark when you're not cloaked. That was something that bothered me about Crysis 2 as well; enemies have impossibly good vision.

Apart from that and the audio dropouts I think this game is incredible. I finished the campaign yesterday and almost immediately started over on a harder difficulty; it's extremely satisfying. With the variety of approaches and constant ability to configure your weapons - I find the Crysis series to be best of breed for first-person shooters, who generally become so mundane. Doesn't hurt that the visuals and sound are top-notch; Crysis 3 in 5.1 surround and 3D is an absolute treat. Hands-down the most immersive experience I've had in a game yet.

Click here for my home theater setup
post #39 of 39 Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post

Apart from that and the audio dropouts I think this game is incredible. I finished the campaign yesterday and almost immediately started over on a harder difficulty; it's extremely satisfying. With the variety of approaches and constant ability to configure your weapons - I find the Crysis series to be best of breed for first-person shooters, who generally become so mundane. Doesn't hurt that the visuals and sound are top-notch; Crysis 3 in 5.1 surround and 3D is an absolute treat. Hands-down the most immersive experience I've had in a game yet.

+1, excellent sound and visuals.

Haven't tried the 3D yet...beat the game on Veteran.

So I could replay on a harder difficulty and 3D...
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page