Seperate Gamer Tags and info from one xbox - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My son and I are sharing an XBOX 360 right now. I was able to purchase a second one resently and want to know if it is possible to transfer my sons gamer tag, game saves and purchased content to his new xbox hard drive. I know how to recover gamer tag from one system to another. But I would like to be able to move only his game saves, and purchased map packs, etc, to his new HDD.
Is it possible?

Clutter man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 535
the purchased items are tagged to the console that it was first purchased for and the account that purchased it. So I assume the stuff was purchased under his gamertag on that console?

If you're using the new Xbox, there's nothing to do except download your account to the new Xbox.

If he's getting the new Xbox, he can redownload his content to the new Xbox and also download his gamertag. That'd probably be the most beneficial way anyway because it would let you use all the downloaded content (since it was first purchased and downloaded to the old Xbox) and let him use the content as well on the new Xbox since it's assigned to his gamertag anyway. However, that means for him to use the content on the new Xbox, that means he has to have a persistent connection to Xbox Live while he's gaming. if his Xbox is going to be offline, then you should do a license transfer and transfer the licenses from the old Xbox to the new Xbox.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page