Live arcade Karaoke - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
DVM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the missus has been waiting for the xbox live Karaoke that was supposedly released on the 11th, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to download it. Searching through games on the dashboard shows Karaoke, but my only options are Rate and Pin. The timeblocks (sold separately) are also shown, but selecting just yields "Sorry this app isn't available right now".

Anyone help me out? Do you have a 'purchase' option on your dashboard? That'll help me know if its wonked out globally or just for me locally. I updated my Gold status, but it didn't seem to have an impact. Not sure if I should be looking to download the game through a different mechanism, but the website was also no-joy.

I mean, this is the biggest launch since Halo 4 and BLOPS2, right? Surely someone must be interested in this game besides 40 year old house wives...

Thanks,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I made a sample video.

It's a lot of fun! You even see the silly Kinect posing which will definitely make you laugh. Similar to the posing you had to do with the Lips mic in Lips but here, it's more responsive (anyone that's played with the Lips mic knows).

Note: in order to get the video past censors, I had to substitute the music. So if the music doesn't sync up to the lyrics and if you hear weird stuff, well, now you know why.

8000 songs for rental. This is how karaoke should be. No disc swapping. No more paying $2+ for a song. No more $30-50 for a disc of songs, many you don't like. Reminds me of the nights friends and I would rent a karaoke studio room and eat, drink, and sing all night long. You can wear any of your avatar clothing too. Even the Kinect posing is funny. If you want good karaoke, this is it! "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!!!!!!" biggrin.gif

It's a free download. I got it on the dashboard. Then you get to play 5 free songs daily (they rotate it). And they'll ask you if you want to buy a karaoke pass for a timed block. And you buy it.

1:53 All the Small Things (Blink 182).
5:48 Begin Again (Taylor Swift).
10:24 Here Comes Santa Claus (Elvis Presley).
12:48 Mustang Sally (Wilson Pickett).
17:34 State Farm Festival.
21:09 hot 100 songs of the catalog.
22:34 newly added songs.
23:33 song genres available.

You don't need to have Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live Free is good enough. But you do need an Xbox Live account. No local account.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVM View Post

So the missus has been waiting for the xbox live Karaoke that was supposedly released on the 11th, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to download it. Searching through games on the dashboard shows Karaoke, but my only options are Rate and Pin. The timeblocks (sold separately) are also shown, but selecting just yields "Sorry this app isn't available right now".
Anyone help me out? Do you have a 'purchase' option on your dashboard? That'll help me know if its wonked out globally or just for me locally. I updated my Gold status, but it didn't seem to have an impact. Not sure if I should be looking to download the game through a different mechanism, but the website was also no-joy.
I mean, this is the biggest launch since Halo 4 and BLOPS2, right? Surely someone must be interested in this game besides 40 year old house wives...
Thanks,
Dave

Did you do a search for it? Maybe its an app vs an actual game.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM

What was the pricing on the Pass?

Finally, Karaoke done right!!
I'm excited to try it out tonight!

Xbox Live: DeeLux
post #5 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

http://www.thekaraokechannel.com/xbox-360/

Blocks of 2 hours (240 points), 6 hours (400 points) or 24 hours (800 points). Honestly, 2 hours goes real fast. These are not truncated songs. So a song may go 5 minutes. The ideal is the 6 hour block.

Really reasonable pricing, especially if you are used to going to karaoke studios with your friends.

this place is $17 PER PERSON

this place... well, you can see the pricing on the wall...
post #6 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Right on, thanks!
It never made sense for a Karaoke game to charge per song, it made me just not buy any at all.
It was time & XBL point consuming when I had friends over for a party.

But this is perfect, I'd be more than happy to "rent" the entire library for 6 hours or however long I wanted.
That way I can please everyone's song preferences!

post #7 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
DVM

Thanks emartins for the tip... the app is downloading now.

In case others run into the same trouble: Searching at the top most level or the games level will show the Karaoke game, but not allow you to download it. Searching 'karaoke' in apps doesn't work either (case sensitive??? should be "Karaoke"???), but Dashboard->Apps->Browse and you can find it.

I'm assuming once it's downloaded, I can launch it from Games->Karaoke, but have not yet confirmed.

Off to enjoy an adult beverage and bad singing!

Dave
post #8 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

the karaoke app will be under Recent on the home tab. or it'll be under My Apps. I don't think it's under games.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Pin to Home so you can always find it their.

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I just checked. there's no option for pinning it. that really sucks. (unless there's something I'm not seeing)
post #11 of 15 Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I just checked. there's no option for pinning it. that really sucks. (unless there's something I'm not seeing)

Its weird the way to do it

Search for karaoke, scroll over till you see the game. When you highlight over it press x and you should see the pin option.

benjamin-benjami -
post #12 of 15 Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks for the tip!
post #13 of 15 Old 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM

What is everyone using as an input for the Karaoke Channel?

I'm using the default "old school" headset and am finding it really difficult to hear myself.
Even with lead vocals off and the output all the way up with the LT/RT, I can barely hear myself!

Is it better with an external XBOX microphone or are other people finding the same issue?
post #14 of 15 Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

it's fabulous with a USB mic. In fact, I had to turn it down a bit because my voice was booming. I have the USB mic that came with Karaoke Revolution (2009 game). I also have USB mics that came with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. And I have 3 Lips wireless mics. 2 of the Lips mics are terrible (very low volume). 1 Lips mics is great and very strong and loud.

Personally, I prefer the wired mics because there's less latency issues. And the quality control of the Lips mics isn't where it needs to be. But for Lips games, you had to use the wireless mics because you would be losing the points you earn by posing with the mic.

If anyone's curious, since the video above had the real audio removed (due to pressure from The Karaoke Channel), I need to discuss the actual audio. You can turn off the lead vocal. Then you can barely hear any lead vocal, if at all. This is completely in contrast to Lips which is near impossible to get any real muting of the lead vocals. It's really stark hearing your voice completely and loudly. I used to kind of hide my voice in the true lead vocal. You can't with the lead vocal off.

All the recordings are true karaoke recordings and no real audio tracks. And if you leave the lead vocals on, you'll hear a facsimile of the artist ("in the style of ...").
post #15 of 15 Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM

I've checked out the Smartglass on my iPad and it works great!
Browse and add songs to your Que even while someone is singing.

Digging this game.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page