Microphone feedback? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In the past I have heard others audio on xbox live feeding back and pretty much annoying everyone. I want to be able to play FPS online with more realistic sound levels. Is there a way to do this without turning off the mic or being a nuisance?

Xbox Live- RumRiverKiller
HT Room- Samsung 550 64" Plasma, Tivo XL, Marantz SR-14 EX , BP3000TLs, CLR3000, BP2002 sides, Logitech 700
Music Room- Samsung 650 46" LCD, Tivo, Pioneer VSX-1120K , Canton GLE 409s, small cheap sub, Logitech 650
Garage- Kenwood VR606, Original Large Avents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
it really depends on their mics and on their internet connection. also, if they're using a play and charge kit, that'll add noise. so tell them to charge it when they're not playing.

all you can do is tell them to fix or change their mics. of course, they can't change their internet connection. and if they can't, you can always mute the offending person individually.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks, what I meant was I don't want to be 'that guy' but I want to listen to my speakers loud while playing. I was just wondering if there was a special mic or something I could use to avoid that.

I don't use the plug and play and my internet connection is fantastic! My property has an easement for Comcast. They have the node literally next to my driveway!

Xbox Live- RumRiverKiller
HT Room- Samsung 550 64" Plasma, Tivo XL, Marantz SR-14 EX , BP3000TLs, CLR3000, BP2002 sides, Logitech 700
Music Room- Samsung 650 46" LCD, Tivo, Pioneer VSX-1120K , Canton GLE 409s, small cheap sub, Logitech 650
Garage- Kenwood VR606, Original Large Avents
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
if you want to hear your loud speakers while chatting on a mic, you need a mic with heavy noise cancellation.

and luckily, the default microsoft headset has very good noise cancellation. you practically have to eat the mic for people to hear you. otherwise, shop for a mic with heavy noise cancellation.

most hardcore gamers get a combo headset with headphones for sound and a mic with no noise cancellation for clear audio pickup.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page