post #451 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I've been through countless scenarios about how to best purchase this game and came up with a few thoughts:
  • There is still no credible information on the digital combo preorder. Good luck figuring out if the free fall map and additional codes come with this game.
  • If you "pre-order" the digi combo from Walmart. Be advised that is appears to be a piece of cardboard with the codes written in. This is not a something that will get emailed to you. The shipping weight of the product is 0.24 lbs and it has dimensions of like 5"x6".
  • Because it is a physical item, chances are it will not ship out till Monday meaning you will not recieve these codes until after the disc version of this game has officially been launched.
  • If you order the game from Amazon, you have to pay an extra $4 for overnight shipping to get it on release day. AND.... to qualify for the $10 trade in offer.. you need to send your 360 disc back in before you get your XB1 copy. Which means there will be COD downtime.
  • Gamestop's $10 upgrade path requires you be a power member. Whatever the hell that is, Im not interested.
  • Best buy seems to have the best trade in policy. You can get the 360 copy from them at midnight. And when the XB1 releases, trade your 360 copy in at store and get atleast $50 credit making the XB1 copy from the store only $10.
  • Chances are I'm going to wait until the last minute to buy. Im hoping that I can walk into Walmart or BB at midnight and purchase the digi combo preorder codes for $70.. go home and download the game and play the next day. That way I get to play the game on day 1 on 360. I'll download my XB1 copy when my XB1 arrives. And Ill still be able to go back and play my 360 copy.. because I never had to trade the disc back in like you would with Amazon, BB and Gamestop.
  • I like making lists.
  • Im a big Xbox + COD fan, but tired of making excuses for MS. This entire process is WAYYYYYYY simpler on PS3. PS Free-Fall map is officially confirmed for PS digital download orders. PS3 players can preorder the game now. Pre-download the game starting 11/03 to avoid the server rush on launch day 11/05. And still qualify for the $10 upgrade to PS4 while keeping both copies. Between this and the 720p announcement its like they are forcing me to go play this game on Playstation. If the PS controller was better and my Xbox friends get this game on PS.. then I down to follow the group...................

I guess with BestBuy and Reward Zone, you can trade up to the XBOne version for free since you get $10 in reward Zone dollars for a pre-order. But my only problem with that is it is still the disc based game. I guess I could do it and still get the digital version for the XBOne and I would only be out $10.

But what about the digital purchase from XBL? That is supposed to be $70. And with that, aren't both versions still active for each console? While these other upgrades with discs make you trade in the old gen version for the new gen. I don't plan on playing Ghosts again on the 360 once i get my XBOne, but you never know what might happen. If this FreeFall map was offered to everyone, I wouldn't have any issue.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

that pic made me LOL

Thanks!

I always try to keep a sense of humour in these threads. Far to often people to serious about what are essentially games. Which is ironic in that we are supposed to be gaming for fun & entertainment. Not a mine is better than yours contest. Hopefully we can keep the laughs going and all have fun doing it. No matter what we are playing.. or playing on.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #453 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
My friend went back to the store, and they were all sold out.

I'm sighing as hard as I can right now, listen closely you might be able to hear it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #454 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

• I like making lists.

Made me chuckle

Honestly, with Ghosts being 720p on XBOne I'll probably just stick with 360 this CoD. I'll get Ryse and Titanfall (when it comes out) but I just don't see the point of going through the hassle or spending the extra money to go from 360 to XBOne for Ghosts.

$70 for the dual license would have been OK but they obviously dropped the ball. I pre-ordered from Newegg when it was on sale for $48, so I won't be getting any $10 trade-in offers.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #455 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggrich76 View Post

Made me chuckle

Honestly, with Ghosts being 720p on XBOne I'll probably just stick with 360 this CoD. I'll get Ryse and Titanfall (when it comes out) but I just don't see the point of going through the hassle or spending the extra money to go from 360 to XBOne for Ghosts.

$70 for the dual license would have been OK but they obviously dropped the ball. I pre-ordered from Newegg when it was on sale for $48, so I won't be getting any $10 trade-in offers.

And thats exactly what I dont want to deal with physical discs. Because as soon as I trade in my 360 copy, for an XB1 copy. You muddasuckaz will want to have a nostalgic 360 night and I will have gotten rid of my desks.

I'm really holding on to my pipe dream, that either Walmart or BB is going to sell these digi-combo codes in stores sometime between now and 12:01am launch day. That will solve 99% of my worries.

Any update Myrtle?

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #456 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

My friend went back to the store, and they were all sold out.

I'm sighing as hard as I can right now, listen closely you might be able to hear it.

Of course they did, gotta jump on things like this when you see them.

Wish I could find one in VA.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #457 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Of course they did, gotta jump on things like this when you see them.

Wish I could find one in VA.

I'm sure they'll be available easy tomorrow, but my clock is ticking lol.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #458 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:44 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Unless it will be local (ie in Richmond) I'll be skipping an early p/u I think. I am busy all w/e and just don't have time to make a 3-4 hour round trip like I did last year unfortunately. Oh well Tues is not that far off, so be it.

post #459 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Unless it will be local (ie in Richmond) I'll be skipping an early p/u I think. I am busy all w/e and just don't have time to make a 3-4 hour round trip like I did last year unfortunately. Oh well Tues is not that far off, so be it.

Don't give up hope, fish. Please. I will have this game this weekend haha

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #460 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

And thats exactly what I dont want to deal with physical discs. Because as soon as I trade in my 360 copy, for an XB1 copy. You muddasuckaz will want to have a nostalgic 360 night and I will have gotten rid of my desks.

I'm really holding on to my pipe dream, that either Walmart or BB is going to sell these digi-combo codes in stores sometime between now and 12:01am launch day. That will solve 99% of my worries.

Any update Myrtle?

As I expected, I got no help at the store. There was nothing to see in store. They told me it was an online only thing and they said it would be e-mailed. I am very skeptical of that though. He didn't have any other info for me. When I brought up the question of the Free Fall map and the digital order, he just showed me the in store pre-order card for the 360 version. That doesn't answer our question of whether we get the free fall map with this digital combo order.

post #461 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Alternatively, via the Xbox Live Market place, players can also purchase an Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of $59.99. And when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, players can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 until March 31, 2014.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/17/next-gen-upgrade-faq#.UnP3Ufl02FF
Quote:
However, if you can’t find it, you can still get the Xbox 360 digital edition on November 5 throught he Xbox Live Marketplace, then add the Xbox One edition of Ghosts for $10 on November 22. It’s the same offer, just in two steps instead of one.

http://oneofswords.com/2013/10/last-minute-cod-ghosts-faq/

post #462 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Yeah, I don't think retailers that sell used games would offer the $70 digital deal. They want you to buy and trade the physical back in, that's where they make all of their money.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #463 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53

Yeah, but that doesn't mention if you get the Free Fall map with the digital order. Places that talk about the map make it sound like you ONLY get it with any kind of pre-order, which the Xbox does not have digitally. It's almost like Microsoft doesn't want you to download the game.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #464 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 64
Quote:

I've been through countless scenarios about how to best purchase this game and came up with a few thoughts:
  • There is still no credible information on the digital combo preorder. Good luck figuring out if the free fall map and additional codes come with this game.
  • If you "pre-order" the digi combo from Walmart. Be advised that is appears to be a piece of cardboard with the codes written in. This is not a something that will get emailed to you. The shipping weight of the product is 0.24 lbs and it has dimensions of like 5"x6".
  • Because it is a physical item, chances are it will not ship out till Monday meaning you will not recieve these codes until after the disc version of this game has officially been launched.
  • If you order the game from Amazon, you have to pay an extra $4 for overnight shipping to get it on release day. AND.... to qualify for the $10 trade in offer.. you need to send your 360 disc back in before you get your XB1 copy. Which means there will be COD downtime.
  • Gamestop's $10 upgrade path requires you be a power member. Whatever the hell that is, Im not interested.
  • Best buy seems to have the best trade in policy. You can get the 360 copy from them at midnight. And when the XB1 releases, trade your 360 copy in at store and get atleast $50 credit making the XB1 copy from the store only $10.
  • Chances are I'm going to wait until the last minute to buy. Im hoping that I can walk into Walmart or BB at midnight and purchase the digi combo preorder codes for $70.. go home and download the game and play the next day. That way I get to play the game on day 1 on 360. I'll download my XB1 copy when my XB1 arrives. And Ill still be able to go back and play my 360 copy.. because I never had to trade the disc back in like you would with Amazon, BB and Gamestop.
  • I like making lists.
  • Im a big Xbox + COD fan, but tired of making excuses for MS. This entire process is WAYYYYYYY simpler on PS3. PS Free-Fall map is officially confirmed for PS digital download orders. PS3 players can preorder the game now. Pre-download the game starting 11/03 to avoid the server rush on launch day 11/05. And still qualify for the $10 upgrade to PS4 while keeping both copies. Between this and the 720p announcement its like they are forcing me to go play this game on Playstation. If the PS controller was better and my Xbox friends get this game on PS.. then I down to follow the group.
  • I going to blame Obama if this happens.

I have NEVER seen someone do SO MUCH research into just purchasing a game and not playing it yet.. Man, look at those options, plans, and contigency area. I'll admit it, I am pretty impressed by all that research and planning.

I have to say you are truly a diehard sir. :-)

Outtie
centking likes this.

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #465 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Yeah, but that doesn't mention if you get the Free Fall map with the digital order. Places that talk about the map make it sound like you ONLY get it with any kind of pre-order, which the Xbox does not have digitally. It's almost like Microsoft doesn't want you to download the game.

Nuketown 2025 was included with BO2 pre-orders AND release day purchases. I'm hoping it'll be the same for Ghosts.

But it sucks if you don't pre-order and then find out you can't get the map.

post #466 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRocha View Post

If people decide to go with only the 1080p PS4 version, ok, but what you're gaining in graphics is, at least for me, is a -1 for controller and -1 for matchmaking/online play. For me, that still favors the XB1 for this version of COD and only can go up from there.

"At least for me" is the key phrase of your post. Keep in mind that these consoles have totally new controllers and lots of people who disliked the DS3 are saying that the DS4 is a breath of fresh air. Which controller is better comes down to personal opinion and can't be measured factually. We don't know how different the matchmaking is going to be either. The only advantages between platforms that we know FOR SURE so far are:

PS4: Higher resolution
XB1: DLCs have timed exclusivity

PSN: pdiss88
XBL Gamertag: PDISS

post #467 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:45 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggrich76 View Post

Nuketown 2025 was included with BO2 pre-orders AND release day purchases. I'm hoping it'll be the same for Ghosts.

But it sucks if you don't pre-order and then find out you can't get the map.

This is correct because the code for it was IN THE GAME CASE. Preorder bonus map is BS with COD if you ask me. Day one purchasers will get it to since I am sure it will IN THE CASE.

The issue is for DIGITAL peeps whether they will get it or not and frankly like the rest of you ... I have no idea.

post #468 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Yeah, I don't think retailers that sell used games would offer the $70 digital deal. They want you to buy and trade the physical back in, that's where they make all of their money.

Good point. They would much rather you buy the disc based version.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #469 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

My issue isn't about getting the digital versions. They make that very easy. My issue is getting the Free Fall Map. Since there doesn't seem to be a way to get it with a digital download. SInce it has to be preordered and XBL is not doing any digital download preorders for Ghosts.

I guess I'll need to hope that some people sell their unused Freefall code on Ebay. Although I guess i could preorder it for the 360 from BestBuy for $60, get the code and redeem it, and then trade in the game at BestBuy for a $40 gift card. With the $10 Reward Zone dollars I would only be out $10. Then I could still get the $70 deal from XBL giving me access to Ghosts on both consoles. So I guess that would end up costing me $80. But if I go the ebay route for the code anyway, it will probably sell for at least $10.

So I think I might as well do the deal from BestBuy. I wouldn't pick it up until Tuesday evening. So then that might be enough time to find out if they give the map to people who get the digital download. If they do then I can just cancel the preorder instead of picking it up that evening.

LED DLP

post #470 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post

I have NEVER seen someone do SO MUCH research into just purchasing a game and not playing it yet.. Man, look at those options, plans, and contigency area. I'll admit it, I am pretty impressed by all that research and planning.

I have to say you are truly a diehard sir. :-)

Outtie

Its pretty much the only game I really play lol.

Lets see in all of 2013 I would guestimate my gaming time was:
500 hours into BLOPS2
10 hours in Madden25.
10 hours in Hot Shots Golf.
3 hours in Uncharted 3
200 hours into Candy Crush
100 hours into Plants vs. Zombies

With the exception of COD, I play games on my iphone way more than I do anything else.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #471 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Between 2,000+ hours for work and 823 hours in gaming, how did you have any time to pull wool? I guess nowadays with everyone going Brazilian, pull wool doesn't apply anymore but you get the point.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #472 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Between 2,000+ hours for work and 823 hours in gaming, how did you have any time to pull wool? I guess nowadays with everyone going Brazilian, pull wool doesn't apply anymore but you get the point.

I pretty much game my entire commute to/from work on my iphone. I catch the train so it does alot to help pass the time and ignore the other commuters/crazy people around DC. I also play pretty much every day during lunchtime & breaks. Just finished another couple of levels in PvZ2 in the bathroom smile.gif

With consoles.. I mainly play COD during the week and on weekends. I play COD alot (well atleast I did before I moved a few months ago). Could play every day after work till about 10-11pm. And on weekends as early as 8am.

Madden I played a few weekends when football was just starting, mostly with friends who came over to try out the new projector. HotShots & Uncharted3.. I played when i signed up PS+ this summer.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #473 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Now I see gamestop has a deal to give you a guaranteed trade in value of $50 for Ghosts. I might just do it there since I have $340 of credit from a 360 and PS3 trade in. I just know I will be pissed if i don't get access to the FreeFall map. I shouldn't have to jump through these hoops to get it. You would think they would want you to get a digital download version since it should cost less for them than a packaged disc does.

LED DLP

post #474 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

My issue isn't about getting the digital versions. They make that very easy. My issue is getting the Free Fall Map. Since there doesn't seem to be a way to get it with a digital download. SInce it has to be preordered and XBL is not doing any digital download preorders for Ghosts.

I guess I'll need to hope that some people sell their unused Freefall code on Ebay. Although I guess i could preorder it for the 360 from BestBuy for $60, get the code and redeem it, and then trade in the game at BestBuy for a $40 gift card. With the $10 Reward Zone dollars I would only be out $10. Then I could still get the $70 deal from XBL giving me access to Ghosts on both consoles. So I guess that would end up costing me $80. But if I go the ebay route for the code anyway, it will probably sell for at least $10.

So I think I might as well do the deal from BestBuy. I wouldn't pick it up until Tuesday evening. So then that might be enough time to find out if they give the map to people who get the digital download. If they do then I can just cancel the preorder instead of picking it up that evening.

Will Free Fall be available if I pre-order the game digitally?
That depends on where you live and what platform you choose. See this article on Activision’s support site for the answer most relevant to your location and choice.

UPDATE 11/1: I have confirmed that if you preorder the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, you will get Free Fall.

Would love to know what/who his source is. Just added Major Nelson & CallofDuty to my Twitter feed.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #475 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Will Free Fall be available if I pre-order the game digitally?
That depends on where you live and what platform you choose. See this article on Activision’s support site for the answer most relevant to your location and choice.

UPDATE 11/1: I have confirmed that if you preorder the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, you will get Free Fall.

That's good news, but does anyone have it other than Walmart? It's still an actual package which means Walmart would have to ship it to me. Which can mean delays. Again, I hate having to jump through all these damn hoops.

EDIT: Walmart is not going to work for me. There is no way to know when you would even receive it. Just the lowest shipping method is free, then standard is $2, Expedited is $9 and Rush shipping is around $11. But it doesn't give you any info on when it ships. Only that processing can take 1 to 2 days on top of the shipping time.

So I guess right now my plan is to go to Gamestop tomorrow morning and preorder it to hedge my bets. Then if the XBL download ends up coming with the Free Fall map, I can just cancel my pre-order. Otherwise i'll get the pre-order for $60 with store credit, play it for a few days(and I also get the Freefall map) then trade it in for $50 store credit , and purchase the digital version on XBL for both consoles for $70. Then I'll only be out $10 of my gamestop store credit.

LED DLP

post #476 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
This sounds like all digital copies will get Free Fall.

Dan Amrich [1oS] ‏@OneOfSwords

The news is that X360 digital #CODGhosts orders will get Free Fall via the Xbox Live Rewards program, depending on territory/eligibility.

Jaish™ ‏@Jaish7575 14m

@OneOfSwords @CoDMP247 can you download it after CoD Ghosts comes out, like buy it?

Dan Amrich [1oS] ‏@OneOfSwords 12m

@Jaish7575 It's a preorder/launch bonus map only, AFAIK

post #477 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

That's good news, but does anyone have it other than Walmart? It's still an actual package which means Walmart would have to ship it to me. Which can mean delays. Again, I hate having to jump through all these damn hoops.

EDIT: Walmart is not going to work for me. There is no way to know when you would even receive it. Just the lowest shipping method is free, then standard is $2, Expedited is $9 and Rush shipping is around $11. But it doesn't give you any info on when it ships. Only that processing can take 1 to 2 days on top of the shipping time.

So I guess right now my plan is to go to Gamestop tomorrow morning and preorder it to hedge my bets. Then if the XBL download ends up coming with the Free Fall map, I can just cancel my pre-order. Otherwise i'll get the pre-order for $60 with store credit, play it for a few days(and I also get the Freefall map) then trade it in for $50 store credit , and purchase the digital version on XBL for both consoles for $70. Then I'll only be out $10 of my gamestop store credit.

With BLOPS2 it was the same deal for preorders to receive the Nuketown2025 map. Essentially ANY copy of the game that was available at launch, contained the extra codes to download the map.. not just the "preorders". I went to Gamestop on launch day and bought a copy and sure enough it was in there.

Pretty much everything I've read has said that this bonus map will be in all copies of the game that are sent out the first week or so. So theres no need to rush to "preorder" it. Just make sure you buy a copy from that first week's shipment and you should be good.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #478 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Also, if you were concerned about missing out on content, don’t worry. The bonus Free Fall map will be available to digital customers as well. PS3 gamers will find it bundled with their digital preorder, and Xbox 360 gamers who are enrolled in the Xbox Live Rewards program and buy the digital edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts before November 18, 2013 will receive a Free Fall download token via email after that date (tokens will likely start going out the following week). Also, please note that that offer is good for Xbox gamers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong. If you’re not a member of the Xbox Live Rewards program, you can sign up here – it’s free.

I was also able to get some more detail about the digital file sizes for those who crave the nitty-gritty. The digital versions of the game should be anywhere between 9GB and 13.5GB, depending on your territory (largely due to localization stuff). That’s a far cry from the 40GB footprint for the PC version, so hopefully, that will address another concern of people wary of digital. But those are the same numbers you can expect from, say, an optional full install of the disc version to the Xbox 360 hard drive, or if you counted all the bits and bytes on a PS3 game disc. The data you get and the space it takes up is the same whether you choose physical or digital.

Basically, there’s no technical or functional reason not to go digital if it looks like the right solution for you. A downloadable edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts — available the same day as the disc version — will deliver the same gameplay experience you’d expect from any physical media. Your machine can’t tell the difference, and when you pick up a controller and play, neither will you.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #479 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:

Also, if you were concerned about missing out on content, don’t worry. The bonus Free Fall map will be available to digital customers as well. PS3 gamers will find it bundled with their digital preorder, and Xbox 360 gamers who are enrolled in the Xbox Live Rewards program and buy the digital edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts before November 18, 2013 will receive a Free Fall download token via email after that date (tokens will likely start going out the following week). Also, please note that that offer is good for Xbox gamers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong. If you’re not a member of the Xbox Live Rewards program, you can sign up here – it’s free.

I was also able to get some more detail about the digital file sizes for those who crave the nitty-gritty. The digital versions of the game should be anywhere between 9GB and 13.5GB, depending on your territory (largely due to localization stuff). That’s a far cry from the 40GB footprint for the PC version, so hopefully, that will address another concern of people wary of digital. But those are the same numbers you can expect from, say, an optional full install of the disc version to the Xbox 360 hard drive, or if you counted all the bits and bytes on a PS3 game disc. The data you get and the space it takes up is the same whether you choose physical or digital.

Basically, there’s no technical or functional reason not to go digital if it looks like the right solution for you. A downloadable edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts — available the same day as the disc version — will deliver the same gameplay experience you’d expect from any physical media. Your machine can’t tell the difference, and when you pick up a controller and play, neither will you.

Sweet. Where did you find this?

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #480 of 1801 Old 11-01-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Hmmmmm, apparently I signed up for the rewards programme two years ago. I had no idea. Well this is Great news then
. I can just do the $70 Digital download for both consoles and still get the Free all map.

Edit: wait a minute. It said the codes would not go out until the week after the 18th.

LED DLP

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page