AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Great, now they're invisible too!

Fantastic, based on Thunder's latest video, hackers are in the 360 version as well. Really hope that day one patch he mentioned turns out to be real...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1807 Old 11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Invisible? Why do people mess with all of that crap? Doesn't that take the fun out of playing the game?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #543 of 1807 Old 11-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:

Oh don't be silly, they'll just fix the bug.

There's no bug/exploit to fix... thats the problems with a lot of cheating mods. They override legitimate data and snoop into server data. Once you have the authentication keys, you can write anything you want and send data to the server that then thinks your mod is legit code. Sure, they can change the keys, but that only will work for days if not hours until the hacks are updated.

It's why you have stuff on PC like punkbuster that snoops for the data snoopers/hijackers. It's essentially trying to figure out who's spoofing data that should never run on the clients of servers, or bending the normal rules for clients.

PC's usually have active moderators or automated data authentication is put into place. I highly doubt they have something like that running on console games, especially this one. So it's back to literally dealing with it as a cheating issue through LIVE/PSN or Activision. They can ban consoles, and maybe people will fear that; but they really can't stop the cheating. Not entirely.
post #544 of 1807 Old 11-03-2013, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
It's still an exploit that's very obvious from the central stats servers point of view, all they've gotta do is instantly permaban anyone that uses it. They even updated the reporting to include exploits, that wasn't there earlier today. You're way overthinking it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #545 of 1807 Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Im gonna buy Ghosts for the 360 first to see if its worth holding onto xbox one preorder.
COD is all i play and I cant imagine not playing ground war, that to me is the most run and gun fun. Im really hoping theyll add it later rolleyes.gif
And im shocked to hear its 720p for the xb1, wasnt expecting that at all. Plus, possibly having to purchase ~$40 adaptor for my astros.
Im having doubts.......I just dont know frown.gif

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #546 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
For those purchasing digitally, Activision recently updated their FAQ about the Free Fall bonus map. Unfortunate I'll have to wait 3 weeks to get the DLC code, but better than what this used to say (that you'd get nothing).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
8. If I pre-order Call of Duty: Ghosts digitally, do I still get the Free Fall map?

North America and Latin America
  • Xbox — There are no digital download pre-orders currently available for Xbox 360 or Xbox One. However, those who purchase the game on Xbox 360 Games on Demand between 11/5/2013 and 11/18/2013 will receive a token for Free Fall.Tokens will be delivered via email three weeks after date of purchase.
  • PlayStation — Anyone who pre-orders Call of Duty: Ghosts for digital download from PlayStation Network will also receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map.
  • PC — Anyone who pre-orders Call of Duty: Ghosts for digital download from participating PC digital download retailers will also receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map.
post #547 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson02 View Post

For those purchasing digitally, Activision recently updated their FAQ about the Free Fall bonus map. Unfortunate I'll have to wait 3 weeks to get the DLC code, but better than what this used to say (that you'd get nothing).
8. If I pre-order Call of Duty: Ghosts digitally, do I still get the Free Fall map?

• Xbox — There are no digital download pre-orders currently available for Xbox 360 or Xbox One. However, those who purchase the game on Xbox 360 Games on Demand between 11/5/2013 and 11/18/2013 will receive a token for Free Fall.Tokens will be delivered via email three weeks after date of purchase.
  • PlayStation — Anyone who pre-orders Call of Duty: Ghosts for digital download from PlayStation Network will also receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map.
  • PC — Anyone who pre-orders Call of Duty: Ghosts for digital download from participating PC digital download retailers will also receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map.
WTH? 3 weeks? Unbelievable mad.gif

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #548 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 05:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

OK so it's definitely good that I pre-ordered it from BestBuy. Then I'll trade it in at BestBuy for a guaranteed $40, plus still get $10 in rewardZone dollars for the pre-order. Then I'll just spend $70 to get the digital version on the 360 and XBOne. It will cost me $10 more but at least I'll get the FreeFall Map right away.

I looked at getting it on ebay. There was a FreeFall map code there in an auction, but the bids are already at $11. So this will be the cheaper route for me to get the FreeFall map at launch and still have access to the digital version of the games.

LED DLP

post #549 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:

I saw that earlier in the week and I doubt it will take 3 weeks to email a code to a game, after purchase.

Even if Im wrong, Its still worth the 3 week risk for me to go 100% digital download out the box. I hate game discs that much!!!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #550 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
Oh come on already!!!!!!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Search?q=call%20of%20duty%20ghosts#Games

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #551 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Oh come on already!!!!!!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Search?q=call%20of%20duty%20ghosts#Games

I like how they will let you purchase the Season Pass early, but they have no early digital downloads of the game.rolleyes.gif

I really hope they get it together with future releases of games with early digital downloads so the game is on your system at release day.
Daekwan likes this.

LED DLP

post #552 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 101
I'm really hoping it will be there at 12:01 tonight so I can start downloading and go to bed.
Daekwan likes this.

post #553 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
BD, it looks like Infinity Ward answered some of the questions you had themselves. (About why they chose each resolution)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-04-xbox-one-resolutiongate-call-of-duty-ghosts-dev-infinity-ward-responds

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #554 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

It's still an exploit that's very obvious from the central stats servers point of view, all they've gotta do is instantly permaban anyone that uses it. They even updated the reporting to include exploits, that wasn't there earlier today. You're way overthinking it.

So is this a dedicated servers issue, an IW issue, or a totally buggy game issue? We haven't seen rampant, blatant cheating like this since MW2 launched.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #555 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 AM

Liked: 24
Thanks for the feedback BD. Never made it out to get the game early myself.

The unlocking/loadout/squad system sounds a bit more complex than I'd care for, but glad to hear that they've worked to dissuade people from camping. How bad is the quick-scoping (if you're run into it yet)?

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
post #556 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Geez, I was thinking of jumping back into gaming a bit and giving this a go but from what I'm reading here its not exactly selling me on it.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #557 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I wouldn't buy a COD on PS3.

I am planning to check out Ghosts. I haven't played a COD since MW2, heh.
post #558 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushh View Post

Thanks for the feedback BD. Never made it out to get the game early myself.

The unlocking/loadout/squad system sounds a bit more complex than I'd care for, but glad to hear that they've worked to dissuade people from camping. How bad is the quick-scoping (if you're run into it yet)?

I've been quickscoped more often than I'd like to be.

post #559 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:

Between the bugs, hacks, graphics, and QS it really is sounding like MW2. If the bug issues they are talking about with the xbone merge with Ghost issues later this month that should make for one PO's population of gamers.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #560 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 AM
D_M

Liked: 17
Has there been any other COD game that was hacked pre-release to the general public? Hearing about the game being hacked already has me on the fence.
post #561 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

So is this a dedicated servers issue, an IW issue, or a totally buggy game issue? We haven't seen rampant, blatant cheating like this since MW2 launched.

It sounds like a typical exploit to me, I've no idea how it's implemented though.

I'm 100% positive it's fixable and won't persist, if anything they're probably letting it slide for another day so they can sweep the streets clear. It's not like the cheating is subtle, there's a stats trail that leads right back to the PSN account.

post #562 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I like how they will let you purchase the Season Pass early, but they have no early digital downloads of the game.rolleyes.gif

I really hope they get it together with future releases of games with early digital downloads so the game is on your system at release day.

They've got it "together". The reason we can't pre-order the download versions is obvious.

MS and the Game Devs/Studios/Corps have to watch their step, they can't alienate retail completely and that's why we haven't been able to pre-order the digi versions of the game.

Retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, and even New Egg and Amazon are all freaked about Digital Downloads for games because as we all know they make money on hard copies plus they get you on other impulse buys related to the games while you are in-store.
D-DL eliminates all that by cutting them out of the loop.

Case in point:
Even though I have a copy of Ghosts coming from Amazon I'm really interested in the Digital Hardened Ed. of the game with the upgrade path to Xbox One.
If I could have bought that a month ago, or even a week ago I would have cancelled my Amazon pre-order.
That's bad for Amazon, and also for COD pre-order hype where they only track physical copies.
post #563 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

They've got it "together". The reason we can't pre-order the download versions is obvious.

MS and the Game Devs/Studios/Corps have to watch their step, they can't alienate retail completely and that's why we haven't been able to pre-order the digi versions of the game.

Retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, and even New Egg and Amazon are all freaked about Digital Downloads for games because as we all know they make money on hard copies plus they get you on other impulse buys related to the games while you are in-store.

Case in point:
Even though I have a copy of Ghosts coming from Amazon I'm really interested in the Digital Hardened Ed. of the game with the upgrade path to Xbox One.
If I could have bought that a month ago, or even a week ago I would have cancelled my Amazon pre-order.
That's bad for Amazon, and also for COD pre-order hype where they only track physical copies.

Amazon does digital copies for PC games (with activation on Steam or Origin) and they also have their own Android market. Hell, they even offer digital codes for Xbox Gold and Xbox Points. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to offer the same type of service for games, where they just sell you a code and you can activate it on XBL/PSN. Honestly Best Buy, Wal-Mart and the other physical goods stores need to start doing the same thing if they want to stay competitive. It also cuts down on production/warehousing/shipping costs.

But you're right, retailers like Best Buy want to get you in the store so they can sell you more overpriced crap - like $40-$70 HDMI cables.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #564 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

BD, it looks like Infinity Ward answered some of the questions you had themselves. (About why they chose each resolution)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-04-xbox-one-resolutiongate-call-of-duty-ghosts-dev-infinity-ward-responds

Is there a way for someone to kindly post the article in here as my work filters "gaming" sites.

Much appreciated if possible.

Cheers,

Outtie

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #565 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

****!!!

That is the most hated part of th COD games for me. Second to connection and lag comp if it even really existed.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #566 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

****!!!

That is the most hated part of th COD games for me. Second to connection and lag comp if it even really existed.

Most if not all of them were cheaters though, so they could have just been aimbotting.

For what it's worth, I didn't see a single host migration all weekend, so they're def running dedicated servers. Will be interesting to see how well they stand up on launch day though.

post #567 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Probably a bit, but thats right back to just policing the leaderboards. If a player isn't a total idiot and doesn't let the leaderboard ego get him, he can easily use exploits while staying off the top brass. Then there's unranked lobbies.

My point is there not much they can do besides play policeman and rely on user complaints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

System + popularity issue. Most of the more ballsy hackers should be banned quickly, but it will always be a medium to minor problem unless you fill up matches with friends.
post #568 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Probably a bit, but thats right back to just policing the leaderboards. If a player isn't a total idiot and doesn't let the leaderboard ego get him, he can easily use exploits while staying off the top brass. Then there's unranked lobbies.

My point is there not much they can do besides play policeman and rely on user complaints.
System + popularity issue. Most of the more ballsy hackers should be banned quickly, but it will always be a medium to minor problem unless you fill up matches with friends.

The only reason hacks like this could ever exist on PC is because people could put up the servers themselves and modify them. Activision controls all the servers, any modified code could be easily detected.

Let them get the game out first, then we'll see how big of a problem it is. I'm not worried at all, I'm just frustrated it's messing up my prerelease playtime.

post #569 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Case in point:

Well said Jammy and I agree with you. DD is not available as they don't want to piss off the retailers any more than they already have. I am with the rest of you and would like DD for COD as well but am most likely just heading to WM tonight and midnight and be done with it. The bummer about going digital from now on is I seriously doubt you will be able to get reasonable discounts on games in the future. I actually preordered Ghoss from TRU over a month ago for about $42. Won't get that deal with digital.

Anyway I think you'll this go live at midnight tonight or in the AM. Sucks because folks that go get the physical disc at midnight will be playing ahead of you but so be it. Pick one or the other, digital or play when released.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #570 of 1807 Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:

The only reason hacks like this could ever exist on PC is because people could put up the servers themselves and modify them. Activision controls all the servers, any modified code could be easily detected.

Let them get the game out first, then we'll see how big of a problem it is. I'm not worried at all, I'm just frustrated it's messing up my prerelease playtime.

No way. I remember playing Day of Defeat back in the day on offcial Valve servers, and there were still people using AIMbots and wallhacks.

80% of PC games don't go through the trouble of baking in anti-cheat because it's such a resource hog for development, let alone console. Another 15% sometime implement a 3rd party solution like punkbuster or GFWL.

Almost everyone relies on community moderators and reporting.

And on consoles the inability to run your own code is supposed to be the 100% foolproof anti-cheat wall. Only Devs are supposed to be able to write code, and only officially licensed code is supposed to be able to run on a system. Problem is both the PS360 have been hacked and can run unofficially signed code.

One only needs to spoof what the legitimate servers are looking for to authenticate your client. Which leaves anti-cheat back at just policing the riffraft.

One of the reasons a complaint systems should be better implmented and hardwired into these OS's. The ability to record will probably facilitate that a bit next gen.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page