Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I'm assuming on Xbone with 9v9 it will be a bit better.

Is this confirmed somewhere? I keep hearing people talk about larger team sizes and Ground War coming to next-gen, but I can't find any sources that confirm either.

I read a couple interviews where they said they 'could' add Ground War (or any other game type) and increase team sizes, but I can't find anywhere they say they 'will' do those things for certain.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTheFace View Post

Get some glasses Helen Keller...

No I agree with him. For some reason I always have a hard time seeing enemies against the background with IW CODs but not really any issue with that for Treyarch CODs.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #723 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby497 View Post

Been playing multiplayer for few hours now and it's starting to get boring. Critics and reviewers were right, this game sucks.

Call of duty is losing it's appeal.

I won't be playing this until Xbox One comes out, however, that's how I felt last year and played Halo 4 multiplayer instead. I'll also say that I'm about 25% of the way through GTA 5 right now and am absolutely loving it. The year in-year out COD just got old to me. Black Ops 2 is the only COD game I didn't play and I'm hopeful that I can get sucked back in with Ghosts. If not, I'll move on to AC Black Flag or something else (never a Battlefield fan)...
post #724 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I switched back to black ops 1 to play with a friend and I made a fairly startling observation: ghosts is really muddy (graphically).

I don't just mean the poop brown color palette-- I actually like the earth tones as it looks more realistic and is more in line with the early games-- it's something to do with the resolution (or lack thereof) or maybe the filters IW is passing this game through. I never thought blops 1 was a very good looking game, especially after the insanely pretty mw2, but it looks gorgeous next to ghosts.

I still like ghosts but I can't say I'm enjoying it. The maps are insanely huge for 6v6 and the lack of UAV combined with all the dark corners and open windows and tunnels and different levels and flanking routes and chest high walls and talk grass and insane spawning system is making navigating the maps seem more frustrating than it should be. My typical game goes like this: wander, wander, wander, wander-- shot in the back; spawn, shot immediately in the back; spawn, wander wander wander, repeat.

Also, I'm having trouble with the fact that ARs are essentially SMGs in this game thanks to the precipitous drop of in damage (20 PTS at max range for ARs!), SMGs are basically machine pistols and you must use a semi auto 'marksman rifle' or sniper to get anywhere on the larger spaces.

The good news is even without dedicated servers the connection is much, MUCH better. It's not quite cod4/mw2 good but it's at least as good if not better than the original blops.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #725 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Looks like ditching theater mode really did fix the lag issues...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #726 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Looks like ditching theater mode really did fix the lag issues...

It feels the exact same to me as mw3. Still getting shot around corners and such. If anything it's worse now cause I can't get host advantage anymore.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #727 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Liked: 15
Yes sir, looking good IW.
post #728 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
aww, man! I downloaded the 7.5 GB game and then the free fall map. go to play the single player campaign and there's another 2 GB to get! mad.gif
post #729 of 1801 Old 11-06-2013, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 198
The joys of digital distribution.
post #730 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 AM

Liked: 15
I've never had less fun playing cod. There's just no coming back from these maps. Who makes the decision to make huge maps with hundreds of little cubby holes and head glitch spots, makes sound whoring so easy, and then makes the time to kill ridiculously fast? Thank god I skipped buying the annual DLC.
post #731 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 04:57 AM

Liked: 86
After 3 more hours last night (sleep deprivation kicking in) I'm not sure I'm as big of a fan of the level up system. As others have noted, it seems painfully slow. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I really feel with all of the perks available I'm really at a disadvantage versus players that have put in the time and have unlocked more. I'm comparing this to other versions of COD where at the very least you have 5 pre-built loadouts to pick from while you grind away. In Ghosts, you don't have nearly the variety at the onset and squad points are awarded at a snail's pace. The biggest perks I'm going to need are toughness and whichever one gets you to ADS quicker, because at this point I'm getting outgunned in 70% of my showdowns. Until I can get those, I'm in a hurt locker...or I'm camping and that's no fun. Any recommendations on a good AR to use? I also agree the maps are waayyyyyy too big for the size of the teams. Hopefully 18 players on XB1 will be better. I wonder how many players will be in FFA? Also, the respawn timer has killed HC for me all over again.

This brings me to my biggest gripe with COD in general. I feel like I go through this every year, where there is a huge drop off in capability. The past 2 days I'm hovering around a 0.5 K/d, but if I pop in BLOPS2 I'll roll about 4-6 K/d. Frustrating...this never happens to me in subsequent Halo releases. IDK...I know I'm just wanking and I'll get over it. But as others have mentioned, can't wait for Titanfall because this is starting to feel like a grind. Maybe I'll jump into BF4 too...

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #732 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
The maps are too big for 6v6 I totally agree. In the past it would take me 2-3 months of playing 4 nights a week (1-2 hours per night) to get very frustrated. Am I good player? Not really....but Ghosts is actually feeling like a chore right now. Level up system is going to be crazy slow for a player like me who can't do long sessions. My back has become a bullet sponge on pretty much every map. Don't get me started on the Castle ruin map....almost broke my controller. Oh yeah QS is quite apparent for the games i have played so far. Most games I feel like I am playing a campground map. I used to be a run and gunner and I found that very very fun....now I have to creep along like a snail just to try and not get corner camp killed. Combine that with huge maps and its a recipe for frustration

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #733 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 594
So on the next gen systems it's supposed to be 9v9 instead of 6v6 isn't it? If so that should help a little with these large maps.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #734 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The Remington AR is borderline OP. It's got crazy range, high power and it's super accurate. It's basically the ACR from mw3, the only drawback is the low clip size and fire rate. Even with a silencer it kills unreasonably fast because it's so accurate. I've just been tearing people apart with it even at long range...it's not the best up close, but I still feel like they need to nerf it.

But as far as the load outs go, it's not really obvious, but your best bet is to unlock 5 squadmates and choose different specialties. You'll get completely different perks to start, and from there you can build them up to fulfill various roles. It's a much longer slog than before, but I really like it...it'll be months before I see everything in the game vs a few days. I haven't even tried 75% of the guns, equipment or streaks yet.

post #735 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So on the next gen systems it's supposed to be 9v9 instead of 6v6 isn't it? If so that should help a little with these large maps.

I can't find anything saying 9 vs 9 on Next Gen.

post #736 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Cranked is alot of fun, S&D already boring.
bucwylde23 likes this.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #737 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

That's horrible Gonzo. Good to see you back though. How's the little one?

both are doing great. We recently watch the into of Pacific Rim before they said no more, scared. Of course I had the sound cranked and they were GLUED to the TV. shook the whole house before mommy got home.

this was during the download for the game. I wasn't getting any problems last night when I was playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

GONZO!!!!! Howdy stranger!! Lol... Did Tronn pick this up? I need to wait until Friday - payday and all that...

We need to get the band back together!

The band?
The band.
DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
THE BAND!
DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?
What light?
HAVE YOU SEEEEN THE LIGHT?
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Lol... Movie rant over.

LOL! Let's do it. should be fun! The kids are older now (1 and 3) so they're able to be put in bed and stay in bed. the wife watches her shows and I can be left in the basement with you clowns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Dude you dont even want me to show my FIOS tests. It will make you cry.

#thanksObama
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

Cranked is alot of fun, S&D already boring.

I've been playing Cranked (also cranking it in real life) and Kill Confirmed and both have been solid! I joined the one game with Dudereno and friends and then you guys went AWOL. oh well. It wasn't my best match. Will try to play more.

So far I agree with everyone's general consensous on graphics, sound, the spawn system, the perks but I still like it. I havne't been playing any COD since MW3 so this is nice and refreshing. It took more hours for me to knock the rust off and get back to a respectable performance and hope to continue this for DoubleXP weekend!

see you guys online

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #738 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The Remington AR is borderline OP. It's got crazy range, high power and it's super accurate. It's basically the ACR from mw3, the only drawback is the low clip size and fire rate. Even with a silencer it kills unreasonably fast because it's so accurate. I've just been tearing people apart with it even at long range...it's not the best up close, but I still feel like they need to nerf it.

But as far as the load outs go, it's not really obvious, but your best bet is to unlock 5 squadmates and choose different specialties. You'll get completely different perks to start, and from there you can build them up to fulfill various roles. It's a much longer slog than before, but I really like it...it'll be months before I see everything in the game vs a few days. I haven't even tried 75% of the guns, equipment or streaks yet.
I've been using the Remington a lot as well. I keep trying to use the MSBS and Honeybadger but end up going back to the Remington for reasons you describe. I may unlock the discount Peacekeeper (whatever its called) next. It looks like they finally have a solid implementation of a hybrid scope that seems to work well without killing field of view but the targeting optic really sucks. I don't like how some of the optics blur everything outside.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #739 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Did anyone who downloaded the digital version from the marketplace get the Free Fall map yet? I don't have it.

post #740 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Played it for a short bit yesterday last nite at a friends house. First time ever, I haven't bought a COD title at launch and really in no rush either frown.gif.

Agreed on the too 'muddy' textures. Color palette used is really lame for a 'next-gen' shooter. Maps are too big for TDM (which is usually my bread n butter).

Ironically, I came home and jumped in Blops2 and was surprised to find abundance of players/matches and how was nicer it looks in comparison to Ghosts. Did a 'clean start' after Prestige Master so having fun again with all the unlocks.

I bet Ghosts will drop to $39.99 around BF (same as BLOPS2 last year) so I'll probably buy it then.

I think I'm personally just burnt with the series now...and I hate Halo and never liked BF so not sure what else is out there . And Titanfall is a long way off right now.

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27565515@N04/

post #741 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

The dedicated servers have at least been consistent, and it's been great to never see a host migration.

The only time I felt I was noticeably lagging beyond reason was about 8pm Monday, when I was clearly getting matched up with a ton of Europeans who already officially had the game. But without the connection bars constantly reminding me how bad it was, I found that I was quite a bit less fixated on it. I still played and had fun, even though I was getting stomped.

I had a couple of games with host migration on release night. It is good to see both generations are getting dedicated servers.

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #742 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Did anyone who downloaded the digital version from the marketplace get the Free Fall map yet? I don't have it.
I was wondering if it was available with the dd. I downloaded on day one and didn't see anythig about it.
post #743 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach scrub View Post

I had a couple of games with host migration on release night. It is good to see both generations are getting dedicated servers.

I played for hours last night and still didn't see one on PS3, although connection quality was very dodgy....either I'm getting matched to far away servers, or the servers are starting to buckle under the load.

I'm still of two minds about the whole not showing connection quality thing. On the one hand I think it'll result in a lot less whining about lag because there isn't a constant reminder of it. OTOH my expectations for connection quality are realistic so I don't need the wool pulled over my eyes. If I can't find a game with a decent connection, I'd rather wait around until one is available. At least blops 2 gave you that option.

Before launch, my connection was perfect. When it had launched in Europe but not US, it was terrible. Now it's hit or miss...and to be honest it's been shoddy far more often than Blops 2 or MW3 was. It's consistently just acceptable, but rarely great. This was always my concern with dedicated servers, I just hope it gets better once the launch crush is over.

post #744 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

I played for hours last night and still didn't see one on PS3, although connection quality was very dodgy....either I'm getting matched to far away servers, or the servers are starting to buckle under the load.

I'm still of two minds about the whole not showing connection quality thing. On the one hand I think it'll result in a lot less whining about lag because there isn't a constant reminder of it. OTOH my expectations for connection quality are realistic so I don't need the wool pulled over my eyes. If I can't find a game with a decent connection, I'd rather wait around until one is available. At least blops 2 gave you that option.

Before launch, my connection was perfect. When it had launched in Europe but not US, it was terrible. Now it's hit or miss...and to be honest it's been shoddy far more often than Blops 2 or MW3 was. It's consistently just acceptable, but rarely great. This was always my concern with dedicated servers, I just hope it gets better once the launch crush is over.

I'm still not sure why you're convinced you're on dedicated servers.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #745 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Sandy Ravage is calling the MSBS the new MW2 Famas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zTC7yn9mjA

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #746 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

I'm still not sure why you're convinced you're on dedicated servers.

Because if I weren't, I'd get a host migration at least once every 2-3 games, just like every other cod since MW2. There's no way for me to be 100% positive any particular match is on a dedicated server, but I played at least 30-40 games last night and didn't see it once. I still have no idea what the host migration screen looks like.

post #747 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:

Because if I weren't, I'd get a host migration at least once every 2-3 games, just like every other cod since MW2. There's no way for me to be 100% positive any particular match is on a dedicated server, but I played at least 30-40 games last night and didn't see it once. I still have no idea what the host migration screen looks like.

We've gotten just as many migrations as we normally would on any previous game. If you get migrated every 2-3 games something is wrong . I've been migrated about 4 times so far in Ghosts.

I haven't seen any real lag issues or hit detection issues so far though so even if it's not dedicated it's working alright.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #748 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
post #749 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

We've gotten just as many migrations as we normally would on any previous game. If you get migrated every 2-3 games something is wrong . I've been migrated about 4 times so far in Ghosts.

I haven't seen any real lag issues or hit detection issues so far though so even if it's not dedicated it's working alright.

Clearly something's different between PS3 and 360 then. Did you recall how many concurrent players there were last night? There were only like 250K on PS3 around 8pm EST. That seems unusually low compared to the numbers Im used to seeing at launch for 360, which is usually like 2 million or so.

It could just be that they allocated a certain amount of servers for each platform, and they misjudged so the ratio of servers to players on PS3 is much higher. Once they run out of server capacity they're going to fall back on good old fashioned client hosting.

post #750 of 1801 Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I've had about the same as well.

They are definitely NOT using dedicated servers at this time but I'm fine with how it is so far.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page