post #811 of 1801 Old 11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by evobrett View Post

I know the casual gamers may think I'm crazy but I like earning stuff.

I see what you did there...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1801 Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Avgn.gif

The spawns... Oh god the spawns...

--Carl Sagan
post #813 of 1801 Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

9th November 2013 from TwitLonger

Hey everyone! Just got back from a long time on the road for work and there is a lot going on, obviously. We’re still in launch mode at the studio as PS4 and XboxONE are still to come. But I did want to say that we are listening to all of the feedback and are collecting it all together to address internally. We’re working on fixes as fast as possible, (which can still take some time with the submission processes) so hang in there. We know one of the biggest requests has been adding S&D to the public playlists which is something we had planned on doing but have decided to up the timeframe, so we’ll be adding it to the playlist on Friday, Nov. 15th. Thanks again everyone for a great launch and I will try and keep the updates flowing. Be sure to check out @infinityward for updates as well.

post #814 of 1801 Old 11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/11/09/call-of-duty-ghosts-for-xbox-one-has-a-49gb-install/

The Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts will also require a 49GB install, similar to the PS4 version. This install is for the entire game, meaning you must install this before playing.

And other things: Xbox One will also support Ground War playlist, and as it says, all the Kinect features that Ghosts has are optional; you don’t have to connect your Kinect to play.
Daekwan and pennhunter like this.

post #815 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 601
On what games does the FreeFall map come up? I've played several hours now of MP with Kill Confirmed and I never saw the FreeFall map come up. What do I need to play that has the FreeFall map as one of the choices to play on?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #816 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

On what games does the FreeFall map come up? I've played several hours now of MP with Kill Confirmed and I never saw the FreeFall map come up. What do I need to play that has the FreeFall map as one of the choices to play on?

The moshpit playlist.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #817 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just started using the Remington. Damn, what a difference! Not a hit marker since. Not even w/ a silencer at long range. When I think of all the time/points I wasted w/ the other AR's, it just kills me...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #818 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Liked: 20
/ Bitching mode engaged

Started getting sporadic lag last night, and it was pretty bad at times. People skipping all over the map, rubber banding, etc. The games has also been dropping to a black screen at random with messages that 'a player lost connection to the host'.

Also started noticing some hit detection issues even when we weren't experiencing any lag. ie. I'd fire 3 shots at someone and not get a marker, but they were able to kill me no problem. The kill cam showed me not even firing a shot, so I'm quite sure there are now some creeping net code issues affecting hit detection.

It was also taking extremely long to populate games, we were sitting in lobbies for 5+ minutes on a regular basis with the message "Waiting for 2 more players" when clearly we were waiting for 6 players. With 500,000+ people online, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find 6 people ...

Still waiting for some confirmation when/if they are actually going to introduce dedicated servers on current gen platforms as promised.

EDIT: Found this statement from the IW community manager
Quote:
Infinity Ward Senior Community manager said the last she heard, they were “rolling them out over time.”
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/11/08/ghosts-dedicated-servers-are-rolling-out-over-time/

What a bunch of crap!

I really had high hopes for this game over the past year with all the announcements about a new engine, dedicated servers on all platforms and new perks/prestige systems. But now we find out (yet again) that it's just more of the same BS as previous years.

I like the game, and I'm still having fun with it. I guess I'm just crazy to think they'd actually fix some of these repeat issues instead of adding more useless game modes that only 10% of the fan base will ever play, like Extinction and Squads.

XBL: Drunkn Joker
post #819 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
There are some screens of the Xbox One version compared to the 360 version in this thread. (From someone who got the console early)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=711880

Looks like the muted colors are fixed for the most part.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #820 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

The moshpit playlist.

Thanks!

LED DLP

post #821 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I like extinction and squads is a welcome respite from the BS-laden online multiplayer for when you want to play some cod but don't want to get your **** pushed in constantly. It's also good to play with your less-hardcore friends and significant others.

I like what they've done with this game I'm just perplexed by the enormous maps and insane spawn system.

--Carl Sagan
post #822 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Thanks!

Lol, you shouldn't thank me. That map is TERRIBLE.

post #823 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I like extinction and squads is a welcome respite from the BS-laden online multiplayer for when you want to play some cod but don't want to get your **** pushed in constantly. It's also good to play with your less-hardcore friends and significant others.

I like what they've done with this game I'm just perplexed by the enormous maps and insane spawn system.

I think they're designed for the next gen consoles in mind. Ground War and whatnot.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #824 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

All these class options are making my head spin.

Btw, don't like the Remington... Hit marker machine for me.

Amplify is a big ****ing problem. It's bad enough this game is tailored for the 'stationary' player what with the ginormous maps replete with millions of dark corners and nooks to hide in-- never mind the stupid ****ing guard dog that barks and chews your ass THROUGH WALLS. But amplify basically takes it to the next level. There is no reason amplify should work on dead silence. Mw3 got this wrong too and it's just a sad state of affairs when IW seems dead set on forcing everyone to duck-walk around the map. Amplify is the first and most serious flaw I've discovered so far.

--Carl Sagan
post #825 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Try the Foregrip, driftor seems to love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtgmhyTooQ

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #826 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
Sage - What's your KDR so far? From MW3, I would have thought you were <1 but you were actually >2 IIRC.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #827 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Last time I checked I was around 1.0. What really upsets me is I'm not consistently mediocre-- I have good games and then go 3 and 17.

Camping never bothered me in the other cods and I expect there to be a lot of camping in the first couple weeks while people get used to the game.... But THIS. This game is just brutal for rushers because the graphics are ass and it's so hard to see the guy crouched in a corner ADS. And to think I was actually looking forward to a game that was a bit more tactical and placed a greater emphasis on map knowledge. **** me-- seriously.

And **** you campers too! smile.gif

http://s276.photobucket.com/user/MaxPayne2/media/AVGN.gif.html]AVGN.gif
pennhunter likes this.

--Carl Sagan
post #828 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Liked: 17
Ranked up to level 52 today. And im feeling this game.
Been playing a lot of Kill Comfirmed, Domination and Cranked.
The maps are big but the battle spots are becoming more noticable as everyone is getting to know their way around.
Spawning isnt too bad and the sound is definitely an advantage if you got a good headset. Amplify should get toned down a bit when the enemy has dead silence.
I like how theres no lock-on launchers and I would also like to see some assult Killstreaks added from MW3
It not worth getting the XB1 if COD has no Groundwar, at least not to me.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #829 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Liked: 15
I use dead silence and amplify on every class along with stalker on most. It's mandatory for me... It is too powerful not to use. I like to stick to cranked game mode because there is little camping plus being cranked feels awesome. I'm so disappointed with domination in general though. It plays so slow for most maps but maybe in a couple weeks people will play less like camping little $&!%#es.

Agree on the kill streaks, nothing is that great but I'm ok with that.
post #830 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Liked: 10
I'm really hating this game so far. I had an awesome time with MW3, but BLOPS2 was such a miserable experience for me that I traded it in much earlier than usual (I don't typically keep any COD from year to year). I just can't get anything going at all. I know I'm not a "major gamer", but this is just bad. It's just not fun anymore, so I think I'm just done with COD in general. There are too many other good games out there to waste so much time being frustrated with this. Sorry to sound like a troll (I've been lurking on the past two COD posts with limited posting), but for the casual gamer like me, it's just more frustration than it's worth.
post #831 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 09:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm surprised people are having such a hard time with it. Sure, there are differences, but 90% of the game feels exactly the same as cod always has. After a few hours you get to know the maps, guns, perks etc...and even start to like them.

post #832 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Lol, you shouldn't thank me. That map is TERRIBLE.

I actually played the MoshPit for a couple of hours earlier tonight. I really enjoyed it. Probably two thirds of the games were on FreeFall. I was using a shotgun most of the time on the map and it worked very well. I finally had a few positive K/D ratios..

Although we had the changing Hosts issues three times while I was playing. At least it didn't drop everyone out like has happened a few times earlier this week.

LED DLP

post #833 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookiemonster View Post

Ranked up to level 52 today. And im feeling this game.
Been playing a lot of Kill Comfirmed, Domination and Cranked.
The maps are big but the battle spots are becoming more noticable as everyone is getting to know their way around.
Spawning isnt too bad and the sound is definitely an advantage if you got a good headset. Amplify should get toned down a bit when the enemy has dead silence.
I like how theres no lock-on launchers and I would also like to see some assult Killstreaks added from MW3
It not worth getting the XB1 if COD has no Groundwar, at least not to me.

The sound works very well on a 7.1 system too. I definitely focus more on the sounds than the map for locating the enemy in my 7.1 setup. When I was on the phone with my GF I muted the audio and it made a huge difference without being able to hear people.

LED DLP

post #834 of 1801 Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
hey guys, ps3 owner here and wanted to know what you guys think of the graphics. The ps3 version seems to have a washed out blurry look to it and almost looks like you're playing a wii game at 480p. Does the 360 version suffer from something similar to the ps3 version? Many other users have reported the same, so I know it isn't a picture setting issue. Thanks
post #835 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavid570 View Post

I'm really hating this game so far. I had an awesome time with MW3, but BLOPS2 was such a miserable experience for me that I traded it in much earlier than usual (I don't typically keep any COD from year to year). I just can't get anything going at all. I know I'm not a "major gamer", but this is just bad. It's just not fun anymore, so I think I'm just done with COD in general. There are too many other good games out there to waste so much time being frustrated with this. Sorry to sound like a troll (I've been lurking on the past two COD posts with limited posting), but for the casual gamer like me, it's just more frustration than it's worth.

COD ranking system really isnt fair for the casual gamer. The lobby match making or ranking system I believe could be improved. I was never was into Halo but i always thought their ranking system in their earlier editions were great. Ranking up or down always made it fair for the most part. Keeping the lobby within range of your skill level makes it less frustrating and more competitive. I also liked their party up idea. COD's ranking system or prestiege never made any sense to me.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #836 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
It might sound funny, but I've been using an M27-IAR as a sniper class. On Stonehaven I was killing people w it. That's w/ NO SIGHT(iron sight only), no grip, no Focus perk, and a silencer, all the way across the map! That LMG is amazing. Now I'm gonna add a thermal hybrid to it and see what happens...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #837 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

hey guys, ps3 owner here and wanted to know what you guys think of the graphics. The ps3 version seems to have a washed out blurry look to it and almost looks like you're playing a wii game at 480p. Does the 360 version suffer from something similar to the ps3 version? Many other users have reported the same, so I know it isn't a picture setting issue. Thanks

There's no "suffering", it's been covered in depth elsewhere but here's the short answer:

This game was made for PS4 & Xbox One, but to get it to work on the current gen. consoles compromises were made.
Both the PS3 and X360 vers of the game have lower res graphics.
post #838 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I am loving the AK-12 right now. I have it set up with grip and silencer. No secondary, lethal or tactical. Perks (if I can remember) are scavenger, focus, amplify, quickdraw.

post #839 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Not sure if this has already been posted so here goes:
http://symthic.com/cod-ghosts-stats

Completed Den Kirson style stat breakdown of every weapon in the game FROM THE PC FILES. Hopefully the console and PC versions don't diverge as much as they have in previous years and these charts stay useful.

One thing I noticed: MSBS IS the type 95 from mw3-- in fact most all of the guns are simple re-skins of mw3 weapons (same damage and recoil pattern etc) not surprising but you'd think if IW was going to riff weapons they'd take them from the excellent and very well balanced mw2.

--Carl Sagan
post #840 of 1801 Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Sage - What's your KDR so far? From MW3, I would have thought you were <1 but you were actually >2 IIRC.

I raised my K/D from below 1 to 1.5 last night. Not that I care about stats but they do give you an indication early on how you're doing.

How'd I manage that, you ask? Camped my ****ing ass off that's how!! Lol!

Seriously though, the spawns in this game are more fixed and there are less of them than in previous games. Right now rushing does NOT pay as there appears to be no line of sight or proximity rules for spawning. A great example is stone haven: I would take up position in the farthest back corner of the map where the large roofless structure is so I could limit the routes of enemies sneaking up while also being able to watch the center house everyone loves to camp. The building behind me would constantly spawn foes not even 20ft from my position. This isn't a problem though as you can just leave an IED or call in your guard dog to spawn kill the poor bastard as soon as he appears but once your IED is gone or your dog is dead you had best watch your back!

The second thing I did was dump my grenades and score more perks. Perks are OP in this game and while I haven't even unlocked amplify yet some of them like ping, stalker and wiretap are downright nasty. I also really like focus and whatever the perk that keeps death markers from coming up is. I've given up a little on dead silence. It was a go to for me but now I'm realizing that the only people who pay attention to foot steps are the same people running amplify so why does it matter? I'm looking forward to unlocking danger close though-- yeah, I'm going to be THAT guy because, honestly, the camping in this game is rampant and nothing says "get the hell out of that corner, noob" quite like a danger close grenade to the face.

--Carl Sagan
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page