Call of Duty: Ghosts - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anyone that bought the game digitally from the xbox live marketplace gotten a code for the FreeFall map yet?
pennhunter likes this.

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

This is sad but I did not realize that for the operational challenges, you are suppost to highlight a challenge and select it with A and then you get a huge list of challenges to select from. You then pick which challenge you want in that slot. If you don't select that t challenge it doesn't count towards your completion. I thought it was just the challenges listed on the screen when you first go into operations, I didn't realize there were all those others to pick from!

I didn't either. Good catch. IW really botched the UI for this game.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #1083 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs600cubed View Post

Has anyone that bought the game digitally from the xbox live marketplace gotten a code for the FreeFall map yet?
I thought they were to email a code but I've gotten nothing.I bought on day one.
post #1084 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs600cubed View Post

They said the code would be mailed sometime after the 19th. This is why I purchased the digital download but also purchased the disc version from BestBuy. Then I can trade it back in to BestBuy for $40, plus I get $10 in reward zone dollars so I'm only out $10 to get the free fall map at launch.

The Freefall map code I looked at on ebay sold for $17.50. So $10 wasn't a bad deal. And I think it was worth it. I have really enjoyed playing games on the Freefall map. Although I have not played Ghosts for the last few days though. I'll definitely get back to it when they have the double XP weekend at the end of the month on the next gen consoles.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1085 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:

This is sad but I did not realize that for the operational challenges, you are suppost to highlight a challenge and select it with A and then you get a huge list of challenges to select from. You then pick which challenge you want in that slot. If you don't select that t challenge it doesn't count towards your completion. I thought it was just the challenges listed on the screen when you first go into operations, I didn't realize there were all those others to pick from!

You don't have to select it for it to count. That just chooses which is displayed for easy tracking. Complete any operation and it counts. Every operation completed after 5 nets you 5 squad points, you can rack them up fairly quickly if you concentrate on them.
pennhunter likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1086 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You don't have to select it for it to count. That just chooses which is displayed for easy tracking. Complete any operation and it counts. Every operation completed after 5 nets you 5 squad points, you can rack them up fairly quickly if you concentrate on them.

So is it after 5 operations in one particular category? I thought you had to complete all 10 things in one category to get a point. I haven't been focusing on them. I was just letting things happen as they may.

post #1087 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson02 View Post

It is sort of a mixture of the pick ten system from Black Ops II and the old CoD systems.
  • You get a primary weapon and two attachments for free.
  • You can have a primary gun with no attachments, one attachment, or two attachments and it won't affect the number of perk points you have
  • Starting out you have 8 perk points to use towards picking perks. Each perk can range in cost from 1 to 5 points
  • You can choose to use a secondary weapon, lethal equipment, and tactical equipment
  • If you do not choose to use a secondary/lethal/tactical, then you get one additional point to spend towards perks for each item you don't use

thanks, you just did a better job of explaining the game than IW did...
post #1088 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:

I disagree. I have been playing blitz A LOT. On my screen is the capture 100 times. Every time I run over their blitz area, I get one capture. At the end of the game, that operational challenge clearly goes up by all the blitz points I've captured. Now, if I select that operational challenge, in that long list is another one that says, win a game of blitz. It is at ZERO. I select it so it is displayed on my screen "for easy tracking" win a game, capture 4 times, my win a game goes up by one, by my other challenge went up by ZERO. It does this for the other operational challenge too for the extra attachment perk. if the challenge is selected and on the screen it goes up, I unselect it by having something else displayed and non of my kills increase the extra attachment challenge.

post #1089 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

I disagree. I have been playing blitz A LOT. On my screen is the capture 100 times. Every time I run over their blitz area, I get one capture. At the end of the game, that operational challenge clearly goes up by all the blitz points I've captured. Now, if I select that operational challenge, in that long list is another one that says, win a game of blitz. It is at ZERO. I select it so it is displayed on my screen "for easy tracking" win a game, capture 4 times, my win a game goes up by one, by my other challenge went up by ZERO. It does this for the other operational challenge too for the extra attachment perk. if the challenge is selected and on the screen it goes up, I unselect it by having something else displayed and non of my kills increase the extra attachment challenge.

Then that one's glitched. The other operations for perks, attachments, etc. don't work that way. They increase whether you have them "selected" or not.
pennhunter likes this.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #1090 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Then that one's glitched. The other operations for perks, attachments, etc. don't work that way. They increase whether you have them "selected" or not.

Yeah...I've never seen it work the way he describes. You get 1 point for every operation + the bonus. So after your 5th, each operation completed scores you 5 points...I've got dozens of them banked because I've been focusing almost entirely on them, once I get all the ones I can reasonably achieve, I refresh for a new set.

What I can't seem to figure out is what's the criteria for whether or not your progress carries over to the next set. Some seem to, some don't.

post #1091 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:

Yeah...I've never seen it work the way he describes. You get 1 point for every operation + the bonus. So after your 5th, each operation completed scores you 5 points...I've got dozens of them banked because I've been focusing almost entirely on them, once I get all the ones I can reasonably achieve, I refresh for a new set.

What I can't seem to figure out is what's the criteria for whether or not your progress carries over to the next set. Some seem to, some don't.

Yeah, I've seen the same thing. It looked like when they launched there was only one patch per operation and then they added multiple layers. I'm wondering if some of them are glitched because of that.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #1092 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
From IW:

We have several improvements in test right now for spawning issues on certain maps/modes. We hope to have them out in the next few patches.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/402879431808536576

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
post #1093 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM

Liked: 10
I would have to agree with WilliamR, I have not gotten credit for any operation that were not currently selected. Not sure how you guys are getting credit (or which way is glitched, the operation or your client).
post #1094 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I never selected any opperations but when I go in and look it shows that i have a percentage of some of them done...

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #1095 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchen View Post

I would have to agree with WilliamR, I have not gotten credit for any operation that were not currently selected. Not sure how you guys are getting credit (or which way is glitched, the operation or your client).

Do you mean you're not getting the extra squad points, or that the meters aren't filling at all?

post #1096 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Liked: 10
I get credit for the ones currently selected (and I get the points when I complete them). But if I drill down to see the others I will have no progress on them (unless I select them at which point I start getting progress).
post #1097 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchen View Post

I get credit for the ones currently selected (and I get the points when I complete them). But if I drill down to see the others I will have no progress on them (unless I select them at which point I start getting progress).

Weird! I'm 10000% positive Im making progress on the ones not selected.
pennhunter likes this.

post #1098 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Weird! I'm 10000% positive Im making progress on the ones not selected.

That's because that's how it works, lol. If it's not working that way for anyone then something is wrong. I've completed tons of operations and I've never highlighted anything because it's pointless.
pennhunter likes this.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1099 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe I should spend a squad point to reselect all new ones because my progression bar is definitely not filling up for Blitz games won and blitz points scored. Absolutely positive.

post #1100 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Is anyone else bored?
pennhunter likes this.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1101 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Is anyone else bored?
yes. Off of work until December and waiting for Xbox One is brutal. Ghosts is OK, but really can't wait to play battlefield.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #1102 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

yes. Off of work until December and waiting for Xbox One is brutal. Ghosts is OK, but really can't wait to play battlefield.

I think I'm going to trade this game in. Really bored.

I think I'm finally over this series. This is actually a good entry and I still have practically zero interest to play it. I'm playing halo4 again for god's sake!

--Carl Sagan
post #1103 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
okay, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

I've been playing the 360 version. and I know the stats transfer over to the One version. However, I read that I had to create a COD account for it to transfer over. But I did a lot of playing before I created the account. Are all the stats going to transfer over anyway? Or from the point I created the account onward?
post #1104 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushh View Post

From IW:

We have several improvements in test right now for spawning issues on certain maps/modes. We hope to have them out in the next few patches.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/402879431808536576

So...

Will that mean I won't spawn in a dead end with an IED directly in front of me?

Twice?

Come on-- I like dying to that. There is nothing wrong with the spawns. People who bitch about dying immediately after a spawn are just no good at the game.

On a serious note, here's how you fix ghosts so it's not the boring, frustrating, to-the-time-limit-every-match game that it is now:

1) Make Sat coms work like they do in free for all-- call in one for a standard UAV. Force these camping nubs to use off the grid.

2) Dump amplify or at the very least make it so it doesn't work against dead silence. Amplify is a camping perk and it promotes stationary gameplay.

3) Fix the ****ing spawns. Seriously. Fix. The. ****ing. Spawns. Please.

4) Make the light on the IED more visible. IED is a skill-less weapon and forcing everyone to run sit rep is not good game design. Make campers have to watch their own back-- for ****s sake you already give them the stupid dog.

5) Don't dump players in hopeless games. 3arc got this right on black ops 1 early on before they patched it out. No one likes getting stuck in hopeless games and 99% of the time those games are hopeless due to some connection hi-jinx, a very good team (you took away mercenary you stupid ****s) or-- cheating. Which, btw, fix the ****ing cheating.

--Carl Sagan
post #1105 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM

Liked: 17
I always found hardcore or any 6vs6 game mode slow, quiet and campy.
Ground War is the only way to go.
Im beginning to know where the camping spots are and know how to run in on them. For maps like warhawk I have a class with siterep and a launcher as my secondary wink.gif
They really do need to do something about the IED's, it should have a slightly louder constant beep.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #1106 of 1804 Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

And one more thing:

6) add an avoid map option so I never have to see tremor, whiteout, siege or chasm ever again.

--Carl Sagan
post #1107 of 1804 Old 11-20-2013, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

okay, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

I've been playing the 360 version. and I know the stats transfer over to the One version. However, I read that I had to create a COD account for it to transfer over. But I did a lot of playing before I created the account. Are all the stats going to transfer over anyway? Or from the point I created the account onward?

All stats, once you created the account, it took everything you have, all your stats and applied it to the account as is so it will all transfer.
onlysublime likes this.

post #1108 of 1804 Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

All stats, once you created the account, it took everything you have, all your stats and applied it to the account as is so it will all transfer.

Just to be clear its not a one time transfer, you can go back and forth between the platforms without having to worry about it. I moved my PS3 upstairs, I can fire up ghosts on either one at any time and pick up exactly where I left off.

post #1109 of 1804 Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:

Just to be clear its not a one time transfer, you can go back and forth between the platforms without having to worry about it. I moved my PS3 upstairs, I can fire up ghosts on either one at any time and pick up exactly where I left off.

This only applies for each brand right? So PS3<>PS4 and 360<>XBOne?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1110 of 1804 Old 11-20-2013, 05:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

This only applies for each brand right? So PS3<>PS4 and 360<>XBOne?

Yep. IW said they'd have liked to unify everything, but the platform holders wouldn't allow it.

Still though, it's pretty neat how seamless it is between the same brand.  Dunno what happens if you try to sign on both at once, but I've been pleased as punch that I'm about to fire up either one and just play.  But MAN, it is so hard to go back to the PS3 version when you've got a PS4. The DS3 feels like a bad joke compared to the DS4.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page