Call of Duty: Ghosts - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1801 Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Is it possible to pre-order a digital copy of this game? I would like to get the pre-order bonuses, but want to own a digital copy on the Xbox One.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1801 Old 07-12-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownBaby MC View Post

When are they going to reveal the multiplayer for this game?

Mark Rubin ‏@IWMarkRubin 1h

Sorry I haven't been on twitter much lately. We are in our death march push to finish game. Lots left to do. Looking forward to MP in august

post #93 of 1801 Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Mark Rubin ‏@IWMarkRubin 1h

Sorry I haven't been on twitter much lately. We are in our death march push to finish game. Lots left to do. Looking forward to MP in august

I need to get on twitter and tell this loser to make sure matchmaking will still work 10 months after the game releases.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #94 of 1801 Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I need to get on twitter and tell this loser to make sure matchmaking will still work 10 months after the game releases.

You are asking for a lot. Hell you would be asking a lot for matchmaking to work period.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #95 of 1801 Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

You are asking for a lot. Hell you would be asking a lot for matchmaking to work period.

It's sad but this statement is the truest thing you can say about the current state of this series.

I know I said this last time (I managed until mid march before I bit the bullet and picked up blops2 thinking I had waited long enough for the issues to be ironed out-- boy was I wrong) but I'm not going to buy this game.

Mw3 was a disaster. This was the first game in the series made 'unplayable' due to the connection issues. Unfortunate as the gunplay seemed solid when the connection monster wasn't present and the game had some truly fresh ideas in the new score streak system.
Blops 2 is everything that was bad about mw3 with almost nothing that made it tolerable. I have zero faith in the developers at this point and I'm really not sure how this game continues to receive hype when it's so painfully obvious how bad it will be.

I mean, I could understand the enthusiasm for mw3: it was the sequel to the game with the most promise in this series and had a lot of new blood behind it. I could understand the enthusiasm for blops 2 as Treyarch had a very solid outing in blops 1. What is it about CoD: Ghosts that leads anyone to believe it'll be anything other than ****? What is it about this entry that makes anyone think it won't simply repeat all the mistakes of it's two predecessors? How can anyone take this series seriously anymore?

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #96 of 1801 Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/feed

COD Ghosts MP Reveal on August 14th at 1:30pm EST.

post #97 of 1801 Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Black Ops II is so bad it killed the COD: Ghosts thread...
Boston Litigator likes this.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #98 of 1801 Old 08-13-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

--Carl Sagan
post #99 of 1801 Old 08-13-2013, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

That last statistic is one of the most depressing things I've ever read...

--Carl Sagan
post #100 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Today's the day! Everyone ready to be BLOWN away by all the new guns? The new 'dynamic' maps? All the camper/trolling equipment they'll undoubtedly be pushing on us? How about that remote controlled dog!? It's a god damn remote control dog, people!! You can actually CONTROL the dog-- holy @&!$ I'm going to have an aneurism from all the awesomeness!!!

--Carl Sagan
post #101 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
I wonder if people have actually given up on cod, or just given up about posting about cod on AVS.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #102 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I wonder if people have actually given up on cod, or just given up about posting about cod on AVS.

I am close... I have givn up on BOII.

post #103 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's just AVS, it's not particularly a good forum for gaming honestly.

AVS is not a very good measure of how popular something is, especially considering half the posts I read on here.

Not to mention you get an infraction for just about anything on here.

I'm excited for Ghosts still. Blops 2 has had it's fair share of issues but it's still the best MP game you can buy, and we have tons of fun with it when it's working.

post #104 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It's just AVS, it's not particularly a good forum for gaming honestly.

AVS is not a very good measure of how popular something is, especially considering half the posts I read on here.

Not to mention you get an infraction for just about anything on here.

I'm excited for Ghosts still. Blops 2 has had it's fair share of issues but it's still the best MP game you can buy, and we have tons of fun with it when it's working.

Yeah, I figured its just that. It's too bad, because it shouldn't be this way. There's just a few small things stopping this place from coming back to life. Hopefully it'll get there eventually.

post #105 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 493
watching the multiplayer event... looks really good!

it's funny but the canned footage looks worse than the live MP match they had onstage. but man, when that cranked match happened... has COD gotten faster? it seemed really fast. and they gave 30 seconds before you explode but no one lasted that long (well, at least because they kept moving the camera around to different players).
post #106 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I think it looked great, it looked a bit more basic with it's presentation and didn't have ton of stats and colors being thrown all over the screen.
post #107 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I still play BO2 every night. Ghosts is a Day One purchase for me for sure. Looks very good and definitely a bunch of new ideas. Looks like they added a ton of Clan stuff. Clan Wars looked pretty interesting.

That cranked game was on a small map so I think that was part of it plus they were moving from player to player so who knows how many blew up.

post #108 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Blops 2 has had it's fair share of issues but it's still the best MP game you can buy, and we have tons of fun with it when it's working.

I know this is your opinion and I wouldn't argue with you, but it amazes me that so many people have such vastly different opinions of this game. Personally, blops 2 isn't just the worst call of duty mp I've played... it IS the worst ever FPS mp I've ever played dating right back to Doom death match. Mw3 was complete **** and it's still better than a dozen or so proverbial mp turds that have floated down the PC/Xbox stream over the years. Blops 2? Blops 2 is easily my top pick for worst multiplayer FPS of all time*. I would actually take the argument, seriously, that the game was sold broken, defective, and that this is proven out by Vonderp's desperate see-saw attempts to 'balance' the game.

If CoD Ghosts is half as good as mw3's crap mp was it'll still be miles better than blops 2.

*in out pre-cod: ghosts world.

--Carl Sagan
post #109 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 687
thoughts

pros-
like they kept the "pick 10" way of customizing things
no deathstreaks
seems like they toned down the killstreaks

neutral
the "destruction" felt like they were trying to compete with BF, i think they should have just left it out, but not gamebreaking..
social media, not saying it is a bad thing, i just don't care about it personally

cons
COD is just getting kind of old at this point with the games coming out every year, it is starting to feel like madden (just basic changes to the same game)
No mention of dedicated servers or how they will decrease lag problems, etc..
don't like the "knee slide" seems like another way to drop shot, which i am not a fan of..
post #110 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess these are the new TB headsets for the Xbox One? Doesn't look like the pics I saw from TB earlier. I want to try out the new Xbox One controller! I wish my stream was better quality. It was all over the place. sometimes great, other times wretched.

post #111 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like the same old COD games. Two shot kills with a pistol but 3+ wit a sub or AR. I'll wait to buy when Amazon sends me my Xbox One.

post #112 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I know this is your opinion and I wouldn't argue with you, but it amazes me that so many people have such vastly different opinions of this game. Personally, blops 2 isn't just the worst call of duty mp I've played... it IS the worst ever FPS mp I've ever played dating right back to Doom death match. Mw3 was complete **** and it's still better than a dozen or so proverbial mp turds that have floated down the PC/Xbox stream over the years. Blops 2? Blops 2 is easily my top pick for worst multiplayer FPS of all time*. I would actually take the argument, seriously, that the game was sold broken, defective, and that this is proven out by Vonderp's desperate see-saw attempts to 'balance' the game.

If CoD Ghosts is half as good as mw3's crap mp was it'll still be miles better than blops 2.

*in out pre-cod: ghosts world.

What game is better? Older COD's? Good luck finding matches as the player base is significantly smaller. And if you get into a match and do well they will all leave.

Blops 2 has it's issues but we have tons of fun with it still. Do you play with a regular group of people or go solo? If you go solo I can see why you'd hate this game along with most other COD's.

post #113 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What game is better? Older COD's? Good luck finding matches as the player base is significantly smaller. And if you get into a match and do well they will all leave.

Blops 2 has it's issues but we have tons of fun with it still. Do you play with a regular group of people or go solo? If you go solo I can see why you'd hate this game along with most other COD's.

I do play solo a lot more than I'd like... Probably my winning personality to thank for that one! Lol! Where's Husker to chime in on my behalf? wink.gif

Mw2/Mw3 is like that-- where I'll only play if I have a group to back me up (noob tubers and knifers lose their edge when you're playing in a squad.) Cod4/black ops one I'm largely indifferent-- I'll play alone or with a squad as it makes no difference to me. I end up playing alone more often than not as both those games are so old now...

Still, even when running with a group of guys here I didn't find much about blops2 I enjoyed or let alone tolerate. Sure it's fun beating up on randoms but the actual gameplay doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a fan of snipers as CQB weapons, I hate that pistols are so OP (despite the fact the br23 is one of if not my most used gun), the maps are no fun and have zero flow, despise the art direction and theme park atmosphere, generally loathe the perk/score streak selection. This is all before the massive lag/lag comp issues that have plaques this series since blops 1 send me into a blind rage. Mw3 had bad lag... But the gameplay was *just acceptable enough to keep me playing it as long as I did. Blops2 lag is a deal breaker for me.

--Carl Sagan
post #114 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I just got a chance to watch the 3 min trailer...looks good! Nothing too crazy, just another iteration. Glad the strike packages are back.

The character customization seems cool on a theoretical level, but also kind of pointless since you can't actually see your character on screen. I'd have been more excited about gun customization instead. Either way, brace yourselves for an onslaught of microtransactions.

post #115 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

thoughts

pros-
like they kept the "pick 10" way of customizing things
no deathstreaks
seems like they toned down the killstreaks

neutral
the "destruction" felt like they were trying to compete with BF, i think they should have just left it out, but not gamebreaking..
social media, not saying it is a bad thing, i just don't care about it personally

cons
COD is just getting kind of old at this point with the games coming out every year, it is starting to feel like madden (just basic changes to the same game)
No mention of dedicated servers or how they will decrease lag problems, etc..
don't like the "knee slide" seems like another way to drop shot, which i am not a fan of..
This.

I'm really not sure if I will get it. I'm ready for something new with the xbone and may head towards BF until Titanfall (assuming it is as good as the trailers look). I can't remember the title but there was a open world zombie game I watched some footage for as well that looked fun. I'm still playing blops2 but am really burned out for the most part on COD. This trailer looks like same ol COD really to me and it seems since bops2 each release has had an increasing decline in post launch excitement. Hopefully we will see the real next FPS replacement for COD in one of the new titles for xbone.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #116 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

This.

I'm really not sure if I will get it. I'm ready for something new with the xbone and may head towards BF until Titanfall (assuming it is as good as the trailers look). I can't remember the title but there was a open world zombie game I watched some footage for as well that looked fun. I'm still playing blops2 but am really burned out for the most part on COD. This trailer looks like same ol COD really to me and it seems since bops2 each release has had an increasing decline in post launch excitement. Hopefully we will see the real next FPS replacement for COD in one of the new titles for xbone.

Yeah, my excitement level has gone down considerably. It's no longer "I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW", it's down to a more reasonable "Looks good, I'm def gonna get it."  

It's definitely time for something else to being the new king of multiplayer, Titanfall looks like the best candidate.  BF feels as equally stale to me as cod. I just hope they keep iterating on cod and keeping it up to date, without changing too much. If they lose their crown, and they try and reinvent it in order to compete, it'll just be like new coke....everyone will hate it.

post #117 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Just watched the trailer.

It's more runny-jumpy-c4-slingy-noob-tubey-no-recoil nonsense. I especially liked that they brought out a marathon juggernaut knife class and, wow, pistols look like they're not at all OP again.... Yeah.

At this point I have to admit to myself that there are more crap CoDs then good CoDs. While blops 2 had used up what little remaining hope I had left that this series would return to being an FPS and not an FPQS, FPc4, FP2ndchance, FPwhatever, I will admit that there was still a little shred of me holding out that maybe, just maybe....

That part is dead now. Congratulations, call of duty, you're the McDonald's of gaming-- you keep adding to the menu but the beef still tastes like ****.
G0ldMembe12 likes this.

--Carl Sagan
post #118 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

did they reveal how many players in Ghosts (I haven't been following that closely)?

during the actual MP gameplay segment when they had the 2 teams playing crank, was that 60 fps streaming? It looked faster and smoother than the rest of the stream and much faster than the canned footage. I know for the trailer, they tried to be cinematic and do the slow-down effects but even during the regular speed segments, it definitely was a 30 fps video. and of course, the youtube videos are 30 fps videos.

here's the clan video:

and here's the trailer I assume sage was talking about:
post #119 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Infinity Ward’s Mark Rubin spoke with Kotaku about Ghosts MP and mentioned a few things that are new.

Ghosts will ship with 14 MP maps.

There will be no cross generation play for Ghosts – “That, currently from what I understand, is not allowed, so it’s unlikely that that will happen,” Rubin said. “And just from a developer standpoint, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. The main reason why is because, graphically, they’re different. It would be really bad if, graphically, on one machine, the higher-rez, higher-poly smoke is obscuring visibility but on a 360 its not and that would put an advantage in one court or another.“

Special challenge for the dog: “We do have an interesting challenge… if you see someone around the corner and he kills you and your dog is out and the dog kills the guy who kills you, you get a challenge-completion called ‘Martyr Dog.’”

The destruction is not as much as Battlefield; game has triggered events; some are player activated; you can shot out some walls

“As far as speed is concerned I think the players move maybe 5% slower, maybe 2% slower, but at the same time they actually move over stuff faster, so the effect is that you feel like you’re moving through the world faster than ever before.”

SOURCE: Kotaku

post #120 of 1801 Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The pro/military gameplay looked fun and promising. Yes it looks like COD and I give them credit for that, look what happened to Halo
It seems they combined MW3, BO2 and BF
MW3 was my favorite out of the franchise but hope they made some promising changes to support, dont like the stealth bomber or emps. Stealth bombers were too good for support, it would kill even when indoors and cover 1/2 of the map. And not being able to use my AC130 because of back to back emps's in ground war just pisses me off. Finally..glad they got rid of killstreaks, hated that.
Like the lean but hope it works well, the lean from Rainbow Six 3 is what got me hooked to FPS's. Wish we saw a clearer view of the lean, jumping and knee slide from a distance. But from a FP point of view looked great.
What really concerns me is the battle chatter, i dont want the map to alert the enemy that im in the area (wtf) I may have to burn a perk just to counter that, if there is one.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page