post #1171 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I mean, I watch kill cams where a guy stops dead in his tracks, turns around and goes prone before I come around a corner AND I'm wearing dead silence. It's stupid.

IW's reasoning for dumping juggernaut was it was unfair to snipers. their reason for dumping stopping power was they didn't want you, as a player, to be forced to run a perk to succeed. I CAN'T run the perks I want because I HAVE to run dead silence, amplify, quick draw and focus. As it is I don't even have the luxury to run secondaries or grenades. My alternative is do what I see EVERYONE else doing: duck walking around a building camping their butts off.

I like ghosts. I do. But Making a call of duty game is akin to making a play room for imbeciles-- you've got to safe guard all the electrical sockets and blunt all the sharp edges on the furniture. This community will find weaknesses in the game and exploit the **** out of them until it's no fun for anyone.

LOL do yourself a favor and STOP playing!! biggrin.gif This cannot be good for your mental health!

Don't know if anyone has tried Extinction yet, but I played it MP on Live last night (360) and if you get a good lobby (hard to do) it's pretty fun. Reminds me of what Zombies used to be before they got so friggin crazy with it.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
They need to lose sniper rifles. They ruin the game. I would love a game mode without sniper rifles.
Weaselboy and dmarqueset like this.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #1173 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I don't think they should be taken out of any shooter, they're a basic gun class. However, I totally support the idea of a sniper-free game mode. There are sooooo many people (including me) who don't really enjoy getting sniped constantly right of the spawn etc. I would totally play sniper free. You realize though that people would just find a single shot rifle and put a scope on it and still snipe right? Some games the weapon stats allow for people to snipe even with pistols or SMGs.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #1174 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

LOL do yourself a favor and STOP playing!! biggrin.gif This cannot be good for your mental health!

Don't know if anyone has tried Extinction yet, but I played it MP on Live last night (360) and if you get a good lobby (hard to do) it's pretty fun. Reminds me of what Zombies used to be before they got so friggin crazy with it.

I probably am.

It just sucks because I enjoy the old ones SO much. Call of duty 4 and modern warfare 2 are masterful games IMO. Too bad the hacking and nonsense has rendered those old games obsolete. Even black ops 1-- my standby for FPS enjoyment has been hacked to pieces. Was playing with a girlfriend last night and 4 consecutive lobbies we were dumped in had gas hacks and unlimited mortar strikes. Mw3/blops2 are ******** games and I've already returned them. I really wanted this to be good and there are flashes of brilliance... And then the BS starts.

Maybe I'll put it up for awhile and see if they can't patch a lot of this nonsense out. Unfortunately by then I'll be awful as everyone will know the maps/guns/tricks better than I. Lol! It's a lose lose. smile.gif

Edit: you know what this game needs? A barebones playlist.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1175 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

They need to lose sniper rifles. They ruin the game. I would love a game mode without sniper rifles.

I've been saying this for years.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #1176 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Liked: 27
Today I have been panic stabbed twice for spawning in front of someone (TDM: Freight) and shot with a sniper rifle through a wall by a guy who was a fair distance away (TDM: Stonehaven). I think it might be time to take a break for today. mad.gif
post #1177 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 665
It's just a game, as long as it's fun. I sometimes get killed fifty times in a game like Blitz, but I don't really care since I'm having alot of fun and also get through the portal 9 or 10 times when I have those high death counts. I think my average is between 6 and 7 for getting through the portal. No idea what my average death or kill number is though.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1178 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Quote:

I've been saying this for years.
I don't think they should take them out, but I DEFINITELY agree they should only be advantageous in situations like Stonehaven, etc.(the same way shotguns are only advantageous in the right scenario).

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1179 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:

no what they need to do, is have developers connect a go pro camera looking down a scope and have someone try to bring it up from the hip and freehand shoot it and then replicate how slow and inaccurate it is..
post #1180 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone else notice that cover seems non-existent unless you're leaning. I shot a guy twice with a 2 shot kill svu from a LONG ways and he got the kill spraying me down with a vector-- he was in the open, I was behind a chest high obstruction. Wtf? Is that lag? I seriously didn't even get a red screen on a gun that should take 5-6 shots to kill from that distance!

--Carl Sagan
post #1181 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

Does anyone else notice that cover seems non-existent unless you're leaning. I shot a guy twice with a 2 shot kill svu from a LONG ways and he got the kill spraying me down with a vector-- he was in the open, I was behind a chest high obstruction. Wtf? Is that lag? I seriously didn't even get a red screen on a gun that should take 5-6 shots to kill from that distance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarqueset View Post

Today I have been panic stabbed twice for spawning in front of someone (TDM: Freight) and shot with a sniper rifle through a wall by a guy who was a fair distance away (TDM: Stonehaven). I think it might be time to take a break for today. mad.gif

Yup, I've noticed but it has only happened to me when someone uses a sniper rifle.
post #1182 of 1801 Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Liked: 15
Yea I'm not digging the snipers either but it's cod so it is what it is. The spawns are interesting. You just adapt to them and move on. It's the same playing field for everyone. What do i do in kill confirmed when i spawn in? I turn around and run that way. I get a kill within a few seconds, it's great. Using your minimap and situational awareness are critical to doing well in this game. Oh, and aiming down sites with stalker because the first shots on target if you are halfway accurate are going to win the fight 9 times out of 10. Amplify, dead silence, stalker, and focus are all must have perks for me.
post #1183 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

I mean, I watch kill cams where a guy stops dead in his tracks, turns around and goes prone before I come around a corner AND I'm wearing dead silence. It's stupid.

IW's reasoning for dumping juggernaut was it was unfair to snipers. their reason for dumping stopping power was they didn't want you, as a player, to be forced to run a perk to succeed. I CAN'T run the perks I want because I HAVE to run dead silence, amplify, quick draw and focus. As it is I don't even have the luxury to run secondaries or grenades. My alternative is do what I see EVERYONE else doing: duck walking around a building camping their butts off.

I like ghosts. I do. But Making a call of duty game is akin to making a play room for imbeciles-- you've got to safe guard all the electrical sockets and blunt all the sharp edges on the furniture. This community will find weaknesses in the game and exploit the **** out of them until it's no fun for anyone.
I agree that the perk balance is off. It definitely leads one down a certain set of paths. The three you mention are must haves for me as well. I've tried equipping a number of class's that would enable a different style of play, but none seem to work so I end up with essentially the same class I used in BLOPS 2. Except for my blitz class...so much fun.

However, I disagree with the camping part. Every shooter has campers...learning how to punish them is a requisite skill. I equip marathon and run around the map. I can't tell you how many campers I've out flanked...with these large maps it's a deadly tactic. Plus always being on the move keeps you ahead of the wave of spawns if you will. With the way I'm playing, the spawns aren't terrible. My 2 cents.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #1184 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 03:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post

I agree that the perk balance is off. It definitely leads one down a certain set of paths. The three you mention are must haves for me as well. I've tried equipping a number of class's that would enable a different style of play, but none seem to work so I end up with essentially the same class I used in BLOPS 2. Except for my blitz class...so much fun.

However, I disagree with the camping part. Every shooter has campers...learning how to punish them is a requisite skill. I equip marathon and run around the map. I can't tell you how many campers I've out flanked...with these large maps it's a deadly tactic. Plus always being on the move keeps you ahead of the wave of spawns if you will. With the way I'm playing, the spawns aren't terrible. My 2 cents.

Yeah I haven't found the spawns to be that bad.  Every now and then there's a questionable one, where they'll spawn me like 2 feet away from an IED. And then it's like "really?"...but I just press X and move on with my life.

I do think they need to up dead silence and amplify to at least 3 points each, or lower the sound or the footsteps at least. At least amplify needs to be rebalanced, it's way too powerful. In blops 2 you could barely hear footsteps at all, even with awareness. In ghosts the normal footstep sound is way louder than that, and with amplify you can hear them from like a mile away. So you NEED dead silence, because so many players are using amplify.  And then you need amplify, because so many players are using dead silence. Every time I walk around without dead silence I feel like I'm a galloping horse it's so damn loud.

It kind of reminds me of what would have happened if you could choose to take both jugg and stopping power in cod4 - everyone would have taken them both, leaving little room for anything else.  Between that and so many other ways to see enemies coming like the oracle and guard dog, all those corner campers aren't sitting there the whole round. They just hear you in the next room, and then run to the corner and wait for you to peek your head in. I do it all the time.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1185 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah I haven't found the spawns to be that bad.  Every now and then there's a questionable one, where they'll spawn me like 2 feet away from an IED. And then it's like "really?"...but I just press X and move on with my life.

I do think they need to up dead silence and amplify to at least 3 points each, or lower the sound or the footsteps at least. At least amplify needs to be rebalanced, it's way too powerful. In blops 2 you could barely hear footsteps at all, even with awareness. In ghosts the normal footstep sound is way louder than that, and with amplify you can hear them from like a mile away. So you NEED dead silence, because so many players are using amplify.  And then you need amplify, because so many players are using dead silence. Every time I walk around without dead silence I feel like I'm a galloping horse it's so damn loud.

It kind of reminds me of what would have happened if you could choose to take both jugg and stopping power in cod4 - everyone would have taken them both, leaving little room for anything else.  Between that and so many other ways to see enemies coming like the oracle and guard dog, all those corner campers aren't sitting there the whole round. They just hear you in the next room, and then run to the corner and wait for you to peek your head in. I do it all the time.

Yeah it sucks you have to run amplify and dead silence but I haven't taken them off since I got the game. It's too important to have both. I'd like to experiment but i'm not giving them up.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #1186 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Is Ghosts worth getting since the reviews on amazon are terrible?

Jesus Christ is the Way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Way to God!

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

Ascend Sierra-2s(LCR), RSS300, Polk R15

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #1187 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's crazy to me how the COD community has been complaining about quickscoping for the last 4 generations of the game but for some reason they do nothing about it. They even address it in interviews for Ghosts but I can't see a change. OK so I get it you leave it there for the part of the fan base that has to use it. But what is it about those fans that they covet but turn a blind eye to those of us who despise it. If it is that important to them to leave it in the game at least throw the rest of us an olive branch and give us a barebones playlist that excludes all the BS.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #1188 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder View Post

IMO, probably not, this is the least amount of fun i have had with COD... well honestly this might be the least amount of fun with COD ever.. what is funny if you asked me to pinpoint why it is so boring, i don't know if i could, sure sniping sucks, etc.. but the game just isn't that fun...
post #1189 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Liked: 17
The sway should be so bad when you snipe, that unless you are prone, you would have a VERY hard time hitting someone. What's the point of the marksman rifles, when you can just snipe?!
BTW, I like the peacekeeper gun. Don't remember what it's called.... ARXVDFS-4657380 or somethin.

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #1190 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder View Post

It's more call of duty. Whatever issues anyone here might have, 90% of the game is the same cod you've known and loved (or hated) for the past 5 years. I'm really enjoying it, I like what they've done with the customization, the weapons are perks are generally well balanced. The maps are decent and the overall feel is still great. And it looks gorgeous on next gen.

Most critics aren't into it enough to give a proper review of the MP for a long time fan, most online user reviews are just little kids giving it one star because it's cool to hate cod, and AVS has almost exclusively become a place for people to vent and rage about it (and then they go back and keep playing it.)

If you still like cod, you'll like ghosts, but it's not going to change your mind about the series.

post #1191 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

It's crazy to me how the COD community has been complaining about quickscoping for the last 4 generations of the game but for some reason they do nothing about it. They even address it in interviews for Ghosts but I can't see a change. OK so I get it you leave it there for the part of the fan base that has to use it. But what is it about those fans that they covet but turn a blind eye to those of us who despise it. If it is that important to them to leave it in the game at least throw the rest of us an olive branch and give us a barebones playlist that excludes all the BS.

It's because it would hurt them tremendously in the money dept. Quickscopers are just large enough a percentage of players to "matter". Just imagine alienating a decent chunk of the customers buying your product. What if they eliminated all camping? As much as people bitch about it, they'd put a dagger in their sales...but I still DESPISE quick-scoping!

post #1192 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

It's because it would hurt them tremendously in the money dept. Quickscopers are just large enough a percentage of players to "matter". Just imagine alienating a decent chunk of the customers buying your product. What if they eliminated all camping? As much as people bitch about it, they'd put a dagger in their sales...but I still DESPISE quick-scoping!

It seems like maybe 1-2% of players are quickscopers, I hardly ever see them. Or at least I mow them down with hip fire before they even have a chance. Out of a few hundred games I've seen maybe 1-2 final killcams of a legitimate quick scope. TBH I hardly see any snipers at all. (But god damn they're annoying when they're there)

I bet there's way more people who hate them than actual people doing it.

post #1193 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:

It seems like maybe 1-2% of players are quickscopers, I hardly ever see them. Or at least I mow them down with hip fire before they even have a chance. Out of a few hundred games I've seen maybe 1-2 final killcams of a legitimate quick scope. TBH I hardly see any snipers at all. (But god damn they're annoying when they're there)

I bet there's way more people who hate them than actual people doing it.

Oh I'm sure there's more people who hate it, but I'd bet there's enough who do it to make a difference.

post #1194 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oh I'm sure there's more people who hate it, but I'd bet there's enough who do it to make a difference.

Even if the percentage were even with the number of quickscopers and the number of us who hate it, what is making the game developers side with the quickscopers and not those of us who want to see a more realistic use of the weapon?

post #1195 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 09:54 AM

Liked: 24
My son jumped off a hill on Prison Break last night and QSed a guy in mid-air. Just ridiculous that that kind of stuff is even possible. He's now grounded for a week for even attempting that crap.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
post #1196 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

Even if the percentage were even with the number of quickscopers and the number of us who hate it, what is making the game developers side with the quickscopers and not those of us who want to see a more realistic use of the weapon?

Because we've shown that we'll keep buying it anyway.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
post #1197 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Cod 4: snipers are ridiculous but juggernaut is a good defense.

Mw2: snipers are ridiculous but then so is everything so it all balances out... Sort of.

Blops: snipers are NOT ridiculous. Riots ensue.

Mw3: snipers are back to being ridiculous mostly to shut up all the whining nancy boys who were upset about blops-- but now there are more concessions such as reduced movement speed and more sway. Also, maps do not promote sniping.

Blops deuce: snipers are super-sayain-kame-ha-me-ha powerful and yet the QS community STILL bitches. Death threats commence.

Ghosts: quick scoping is taken out of the game-- now you simply aim very 'rapidly' and pull the trigger for one shot kills. Totally different than quick scoping. This is RAPID scoping. Totally different.

Honestly, sniping in mw3 is such a breeze I've actually started doing it. As far as I can tell the marksman rifles are USELESS as they're always a 2-3 shot kill which makes them inferior to snipers at long range AND short range. Only exception might be the svu which makes a pretty effective stealth class.

--Carl Sagan
post #1198 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushh View Post

My son jumped off a hill on Prison Break last night and QSed a guy in mid-air. Just ridiculous that that kind of stuff is even possible. He's now grounded for a week for even attempting that crap.

I spit my coffee all over my desk at that last sentence... Lmao!
beach scrub likes this.

--Carl Sagan
post #1199 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And that is what i mean by BS!

post #1200 of 1801 Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Because we've shown that we'll keep buying it anyway.

As will all the cheap shot QSers. Why do us QS haters lose this battle every year?

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page