Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 1801 Old 12-31-2013, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookilook View Post

I've been saying/doing this for a few months now. Its so much fun playing in the same lobby with 11 like minded players for hours (Yes, hours!!)
One pt. on Crossfire 5 players on my team was engaging 5 dots on the other side of street in flatout fire fight. I actually had to stop firing to savor the moment...good times.cool.gif

I've been thinking about picking up COD4 again (as I traded it in long ago) but a guy I played Ghosts with stated that COD4 is often a bunch of people who have hacked the multiplayer vs. a bunch of people who appreciate the game despite its age. Is this inaccurate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1801 Old 12-31-2013, 02:43 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_lb View Post

I've been thinking about picking up COD4 again (as I traded it in long ago) but a guy I played Ghosts with stated that COD4 is often a bunch of people who have hacked the multiplayer vs. a bunch of people who appreciate the game despite its age. Is this inaccurate?

I've played two nights this past week and for an hour or so this afternoon and have not run into a single hacked lobby. Of course, I don't push my luck by bouncing from lobby to lobby either. Find a good one and stick with it. Also, I've only been playing TDM.

Interestingly enough, the first night I played it last week I was prompted to download an update. I couldn't remember the last time I logged in and don't really know what the update was supposed to do, but I guess it's possible (although unlikely) it could have been a patch.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
post #1533 of 1801 Old 12-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
You'd still occasionally run into hacked lobbies, ran into a infinite noobtub fest few weeks ago...I was like wow pretty cool, played a few mins just for the LOLz then dropped. Ppl tend to just stay in the same lobby for hours on end, for the exact reason. Its extremely hard to get on different game mode other than TDM so don't be too surprised if you have to wait a while for players to join. "lets do this"-Gaz
post #1534 of 1801 Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_lb View Post

As someone who is actively playing a 3 year old cod what I'm about to say might seem contradictory-- it's really hard to go back.

I loved cod4 and adored mw2. Not only are these games hacked to pieces but they're not as good as you remember. Sure, the maps are still genius and the connection make you wonder what the **** happened the last few years but the sniping is absurd and the explosives-- oh gawd the explosives! Frag x3 and OMA/danger close are the two most ridiculous perks in call of duty. Never mind that everyone who plays cod4 now runs martyrdom and everyone who plays mw2 runs last stand-- which isn't even that good in mw2 and yet everyone is running now! ****ing annoying!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1535 of 1801 Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

So... Lag is back! Lol!
HuskerOmaha likes this.

--Carl Sagan
post #1536 of 1801 Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Liked: 17
COD Ghosts declining sales
Activision is already developing a new game, possibly MW4
Not sure how reliable this website is but it sure is interesting........heres the link:

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/cod-ghosts-activision/10029155/

Activision had recently released Call of Duty: Ghosts across all the platforms recently. This even includes PS4 and Xbox One.

Despite that, Activision is already developing a new game. This is confirmed during a conference call just recently. Perhaps this an indication of Activision’s disappointment in the COD: Ghosts sales figure. Based on previous release pattern, we are predicting that the next release might be another Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, perhaps.

There are rumours that Activision is currently working with Sledgehammer Games in the development of the next CoD installment. Sledgehammer Games worked with Activision on the CoD Modern Warfare 3. So there is also a possibility that instead of Black Ops 3, Activision might be releasing Modern Warfare 4.

The low sales figure for the Call of Duty: Ghosts might be due to the fact that the game is low on the quality side. It is obvious that CoD: Ghosts didn’t opitimize the processing power of the next-gen consoles. Some gamers are claiming that Ghosts is a copy paste from an earlier game.

Hopefully, this time Activision would release something that would take advantage on the processing power of the PS4 and Xbox One.

With the announcement, fans are currently fixing their gaze on the upcoming release from Activision and are hoping that this next instalment of Call of Duty will not be another disappointment.

Other than the next instalment of the Call of Duty series, other games such as Hearthstone, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, a new World of Warcraft game, Destiny and Skylanders would be released in 2014.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #1537 of 1801 Old 01-01-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 493
it seems like a generic article. Activision was already working on the next COD game before Ghosts was released. That's how you stick to a 2 year timetable, alternating with Treyarch to get a yearly release.
post #1538 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

That article tells us nothing we haven't known for months-- except maybe the sales figures but it doesn't actually tell us those because no one actually knows yet.

--Carl Sagan
post #1539 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
So I actually had some time to play Ghosts a fair bit between Xmas and New Years. I started playing hardcore and find it much, much more enjoyable than regular TDM. The players seem to communicate more and the maturity level seems a bit higher. I think the maps suck though compared to all earlier modern warfares. If they could bring COD4 maps into this, I think it would be a great game. I haven't noticed any lag and have yet to have a host migration or get kicked back to the lobby.

I've got two X1's and split my time playing between the two. I broke down and bought a digital license cause I got tired of running back to the other xbox and getting the disc. Digital is the way to go!

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1540 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

So I actually had some time to play Ghosts a fair bit between Xmas and New Years. I started playing hardcore and find it much, much more enjoyable than regular TDM. The players seem to communicate more and the maturity level seems a bit higher. I think the maps suck though compared to all earlier modern warfares. If they could bring COD4 maps into this, I think it would be a great game. I haven't noticed any lag and have yet to have a host migration or get kicked back to the lobby.

I've got two X1's and split my time playing between the two. I broke down and bought a digital license cause I got tired of running back to the other xbox and getting the disc. Digital is the way to go!
I've been having all kinds of connection issues for a few weeks now. For three days I kept getting "server down' message,and Tuesday had several games end with lost connection to host. Wondering if it's a local or regional issue. A friend at work who plays lives about 15 miles away has no issues.
post #1541 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I'm located in the DC, Maryland, VA area and have no connection issues via XBONE.
post #1542 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM

The next installment of COD will be no different. I enjoy the series but the franchise is old and tired.
post #1543 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169 View Post

The next installment of COD will be no different. I enjoy the series but the franchise is old and tired.
I'm in S Fla. On 360.
post #1544 of 1801 Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I gotta say, when some quick scoping ass hat or a corner troll isn't ruining my killstreak I really enjoy this game. Sure it has issues-- in the last month the connection has actually gotten a whole hell of a lot worse, the spawns are ass and the 'no quick scoping' turned out to be a load of bull ****-- but I still like this game. I alternate between this and my other favorite cod, blops one, when I come up against too many try-hards. It's really the community that ruins the fun.

Still, I'm starting to 'get' this game: ARs rule, SMGs are garbage without rapid fire, marksman rifles are useless, LMGs are useful, people underestimate certain killstreaks, etc.

--Carl Sagan
post #1545 of 1801 Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
I've been liking the MTAR SMG. Is there a better one?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1546 of 1801 Old 01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
been using the M27 and the speed perks some. Ditching the grenades and been having some fun with it.

Still hate Overlord / that Frozen one / but slowly liking Stormfront now. Still skip the **** out of Flooded though

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1547 of 1801 Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd avoid all the SMGs except the MTAR with rapid and grip. The Vepr with rapid and grip is sort of fun but the range penalty with that gun means you're probably better off just running a shotgun. I also don't run silencer anymore. Silencer does a number on these guns so of t didn't come with a silencer by default (ie honey badger) I don't add it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

been using the M27 and the speed perks some. Ditching the grenades and been having some fun with it.

Still hate Overlord / that Frozen one / but slowly liking Stormfront now. Still skip the **** out of Flooded though

The canister bomb with strong arm is becoming my favorite equipment/perk combo. Sucks you only get one and can't resupply but that kill is so damn satisfying I'm willing to accept the cost to run it-- you gotta have fun! smile.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #1548 of 1801 Old 01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

The canister bomb with strong arm is becoming my favorite equipment/perk combo. Sucks you only get one and can't resupply but that kill is so damn satisfying I'm willing to accept the cost to run it-- you gotta have fun! smile.gif

In HC, the thermobaric tactical grenade thing kills fools, so it is like having two lethal without having to use a perk.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #1549 of 1801 Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn! haven't been able to get on all day,WTF,keep getting server not available message.I did get on to play some COD4, It's been a long time since I played it and damn was it fun. smile.gif
post #1550 of 1801 Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I subscribe to this thread JUST to read Sage rants and thumb them all up.
post #1551 of 1801 Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Playing a bit more on ghosts on the 360 as still virtually zero friends on the XB1 who play hardcore.

Slowed my game down to MW 3/blops1 speeds and find the game is not so bad.

Danger close is absolutely phenomenal. I average a minimum of five kills per game with tubes. Just put a grenade in the normal camping spots and get a kill. Hearing the name calling is totally gratifying.biggrin.gif

Still, for my connection, blops2 was still a better game.

Not surprised that activision is looking at trying something new. The infinity ward v2 has really not been as successful as most thought. They were given a pass on mw3 but ghosts has really been a disappointment.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #1552 of 1801 Old 01-05-2014, 03:41 AM

Liked: 86
Quote:

I use the MTAR almost exclusively. The only time I roll with something else is when I'm bored and want to try a new style of play. I equip red dot and foregrip, though the rapid fire is pretty nice. The great thing about SMGs is you don't have to use the Stalker and Quickdraw perks, both of which are huge for running and gunning.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #1553 of 1801 Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 AM

Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

Playing a bit more on ghosts on the 360 as still virtually zero friends on the XB1 who play hardcore.

Slowed my game down to MW 3/blops1 speeds and find the game is not so bad.

Danger close is absolutely phenomenal. I average a minimum of five kills per game with tubes. Just put a grenade in the normal camping spots and get a kill. Hearing the name calling is totally gratifying.biggrin.gif

Still, for my connection, blops2 was still a better game.

Not surprised that activision is looking at trying something new. The infinity ward v2 has really not been as successful as most thought. They were given a pass on mw3 but ghosts has really been a disappointment.
I was getting bored with the run and gun routine so I tried slowing down *ahem* camping *ahem* yesterday with the intention of getting the helo pilot killstreak. It was actually pretty fun...I didn't realize that killstreak kills count towards your killstreak. Of course I have no respect for myself now...I'll have to go back to my rush class soon biggrin.gif
mikeloxlong likes this.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #1554 of 1801 Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 PM

Liked: 10
I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. Of course it has its flaws like any other cod game but its still fun and plays far better than bf4. The only thing that gets on my nerves is the poor spawning and the camping, especially by clans. Really if the only way you can get a kill is if you and your buddies all sit in one room together then you shouldn't be playing. Other than that I find it very easy to go 2 or 3x kd ratio minimum with no camping.
post #1555 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I don't camp per se. I do however take and attempt to hold a portion of the map. Camping? maybe. But it took my kd from 1.13 to 1.63 and win loss above 2.0 lol. The crazy azz spawns and wtf moments have driven me to do this. Fix this, and i'll start running and shotgunning again!

My sono build

Psn Id- lvisneau or lvizzzy
Xbl- chief vizzy

post #1556 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Camping is so subjective, and not really well defined. For example I think it's totally normal to stop at choke points and clear them as you move around the map. Guess what happens for every choke point kill I get? "Camper!" "Nice camping." etc.

To me camping is when the game begins and a player rushes to some pre-defined corner or little room or overhang etc and lies down and just STAYS THERE. Anything beyond that is just personal playing style, how you play the game.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #1557 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 145
I've also taken to tactical camping but who gives a crap?!? It's a playstyle and it's one of those things that should be accepted anyways like running and gunning.

For your viewing plwasure, let me know if it works, just a few random kills.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=50F46E929512A94D!142&authkey=!AK_xc0uGgi5PIOo&ithint=video%2c.mp4

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1558 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 AM

I never understood the issue with Camping. In my view, it’s a valid play style. Besides in few months when most players have the maps memorized it becomes harder to camp, especially on TDM or Free For All. Also, good Clans tend to use a combination of runners and campers to flush and take down the competition.
post #1559 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I subscribe to this thread JUST to read Sage rants and thumb them all up.

We aim to please!! Btw, why the hell haven't you bought this yet?? Don't listen to the naysayers this is one of the best call of duty's around! They really improved things with the last patch and the lag/hit detection is the best I think it's ever going to be.

As for my thoughts on camping... **** campers! I'm coming for you camping noobs so be ready for me!! Hear me?? I'm coming for yooooouuuuuu!! biggrin.gif

--Carl Sagan
post #1560 of 1801 Old 01-06-2014, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

If you don't want me to camp, send me sixty bucks for the game and I wil gladly play any way you want.
mikeloxlong and dmarqueset like this.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page