Old 01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

If you don't want me to camp, send me sixty bucks for the game and I wil gladly play any way you want.

I say the same thing in the lobby after I camp my ass off(need to in this version). M27/thermal/silencer, off the grid, incognito, hardline-IMS/sentry/hind. It's the only way to fly!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

If you don't want me to camp, send me sixty bucks for the game and I wil gladly play any way you want.

“I don’t wanna kill you, what would I do without you? Go back to playing Mario Kart?… no, no, no… no you, you complete me.”

You were rushing like a boss the other day! Slingin' danger close noob tubes all over the map! Loved it! Nice playing with you, btw!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

I say the same thing in the lobby after I camp my ass off(need to in this version). M27/thermal/silencer, off the grid, incognito, hardline-IMS/sentry/hind. It's the only way to fly!

Ok-- I know I've been joking about this for weeks but you don't actually HAVE to camp in this game. You can move around as long as you don't black-ops-two-derp-balls-deep-it you'll be fine! This game rushes like cod4 rushes-- smart and stealthy. The maps are so big there are so many flanking routes it's very hard for campers to get too dug in.

In all seriousness I've never had a problem with camping I just think it's a boring, noob-y way to play. When I first started playing mw2 I camped my ass off because it was the only way to control the engagement. As I got better I learned I could engage other players on my terms while moving. To the point now where I feel that sitting still in one place for too long is a death sentence! What happens when you get killed by a camper? Well, you go back and kill said camper! I just don't think it's an effective way to play but I agree that if you're using a support weapon (what LMGs and snipers should be) and you have a good team to run interference it can be beneficial for the KD.

I don't have the best skills and I certainly don't have the reaction times these youngsters do but I still do alright moving about and occasionally utilizing some 'tactical immobilization'. smile.gif but not too much or else it's coward's way out for me! frown.gif

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I still say it depends on the map. Stonehaven is big and open...perfect for long-ranged weapons. On that map, it is quite difficult to run-and-gun as people are amazingly good at sniping and using the marksman rifles.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Old 01-07-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

This is the reason I actually like ghosts-- sticking your head out in the open gets it shot off! This is how I remember cod4 and mw2 being. Black ops changed that and while I LOVE black ops 1 I still say it's the least 'cod' cod. Ghosts is a return to form for me.

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101

Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
OMG I JUST HAD A COD NIGHTMARE!!!!

I was me playing in my family room on my normal setup and I would fire weapons right at people with my reticle right at center mass and all it would do was make that hit marker sound.

I swear to everything, I just had a real life nightmare about hit markers on COD Ghosts

#fml

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I tried Ghosts again for about an hour last night and had connection issues myself. Half the time the game got stuck on "Fetching Profile" and I'd have to restart. The rest of the time I was being killed before I even knew what hit me. I think I'm ready to trade this one in, just not sure what to replace it with.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Other than a few "server unavailable" messages I'm having great luck with connections. Once I'm in an actual game I rarely have any issues at all and it just feels right. The only time I ever experience lag is when I'm host-- evidenced when I eventually quit and get the telltale host migration error.

This is a sharp contrast to my experience in mw3 and black ops 2. Mw3 was an enjoyable enough game ruined by lag issues. Black ops 2 was hardly playable-- I'd use the term broken-- and it's no fun getting pooped on by netcode.

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-11-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Other than a few "server unavailable" messages I'm having great luck with connections. Once I'm in an actual game I rarely have any issues at all and it just feels right. The only time I ever experience lag is when I'm host-- evidenced when I eventually quit and get the telltale host migration error.

This is a sharp contrast to my experience in mw3 and black ops 2. Mw3 was an enjoyable enough game ruined by lag issues. Black ops 2 was hardly playable-- I'd use the term broken-- and it's no fun getting pooped on by netcode.

BO2 was just a joke IMO. I really like this version. I just recently switched from a wireless to a wired connection and the different is night and day. My K/D has gone from about .75 to almost 1.0 in about 2 weeks (yea, I'm not a stellar player and only play a few times a month.. lol) It doesn't seem like a lot but it takes a ton of 1:1 or 2+:1 games to bring it up and I can average over 16 kills per game now and not 5 or 6.

I love the speed of Ghosts. It doesn't cater solely to the overly caffeinated 8 year old twitchy kids. You can have your slow and tactical play (my style) or your CQC run and gun. I have no probalems getting the Oricle or Odin.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Best. COD. Ever.

Damnit, did you get this finally??

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
http://majornelson.com/2014/01/13/call-of-duty-ghosts-onslaught-arrives-january-28th-take-a-look/

Onslaught DLC map pack confirmed for January 28th.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught arrives January 28th – Take a Look

Call of Duty: Ghosts‘ first DLC pack is on its way with Multiplayer maps and more. Onslaught features four new Multiplayer Maps, an all-new dual purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle, and the first installment in Extinction’s four-part episodic narrative. Take a look:

Here’s a bit more info we’ve received on these maps:

Fog: This small to medium-sized map drops you into a dark and eerie campsite set alongside a fog-shrouded lake. You’ll fight through twisting caves, tall grass, and seemingly abandoned structures each providing different gameplay engagements for all types of players. Inspired by classic horror films and terrifying encounters, Fog also harbors a dark secret…

BayView: Set on a coastal Californian boardwalk with seaside gift stores and an aquarium, BayView is a small, tight, fast-paced run-and-gun map. Moving through the boardwalk is a quaint trolley bus, providing cover, transport and even a handy moving platform for cleverly placed sentry guns and other Killstreaks. Although BayView has a lot of tight corners, it also features some elevated positions offering longer sightlines perfect for Marksman Rifles. Plus, players will want to be on the lookout for Field Orders that, when completed, will trigger a massive and deadly artillery strike from a Naval Destroyer anchored just offshore.

Containment: This smaller-sized map is set along a dry riverbed in a war-torn South American village. Battles will rage on both banks as well as along the riverbed itself, and at the heart of the map is a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck containing leaking radioactive material. The bridge provides a quick route across the map but players will have to contend with the effects of the radiation. A myriad of abandoned bars, cafes, a church and pool hall provide strong close-quarters combat opportunities, while the elevated rooftop and open riverbed offer vantage points to players who prefer longer range engagements.

Ignition: Inspired by Scrapyard – the classic, fan-favorite Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map – Ignition drops players into an aging space launch facility in Florida. This map packs plenty of action both above and below ground thanks to a layout of abandoned buildings, flame trenches, and a massive transport crawler that provides elevated sightlines. With rockets crash-landing into the area of operations, players must be ready for fast run-and-gun combat, leveraging the environment’s debris fields and exposed fuselages for cover. Complicating the close-quarters combat, players can trigger two different rocket engine tests that send massive jets of fire to incinerate enemy players caught inside their blast radius.

About that new rifle: It’s called the Maverick. Players can choose to use the Maverick as either an Assault Rifle or Sniper Rifle, depending on their tactical needs.

Also part of this first content pack is Episode 1: Nightfall, a continuation of the Extinction experience. At a remote facility in the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the “Alien” threat. When the scientists lose control, a small team of elite soldiers must retrieve the intel and exterminate hordes of savage creatures while surviving a three-story tall terror unlike anything they’ve faced before.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught is available January 28th, first on Xbox Live.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Looks great. Can't wait.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:08 PM

Liked: 44
Anybody having issues loading Ghosts on their Xbox One? I went to play it last night (trying to decide if I want to sell it or keep it) and after the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" screen graphic my screen it 100% dark with no graphics, loading icons, etc. Battlefield loads up just fine. Ideas? I'm thinking I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

You can become Michael Meyers...

Lol! I'm in! :

Love how they emphasize small/medium map sizes-- it's almost like people were bitching about the enormous maps...

I gotta say, I'm upset cod has scared so many of my friends away because I really enjoy this game and I think it has the opportunity to be the best in the series. I'm having a lot of fun with it and barring any game crippling patches it might go down as my new favorite.

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM

Liked: 11

New DLC looks good,

thx for the post Myrtledog

I like the larger maps, but a few smaller ones will be a nice addition to Ghosts...

XBL GamerTag - Hali Hoodlum
Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

played last night and for the 2nd time ever, I was able to play against a guy who was quick scoping.

Now I don't have any problems with quick-scoping since it's basically part of the game but man it was pretty frustrating since the sniper was a one shot kill for the most part. He did kill me 4 straight times but I went on a rally after that going 7-0 for a dog sentry combo.

i'm not really an assault kill streak guy as I'm more support. I'll get you an ammo crate and oracle every game but once in a while, I'll run around with my honey badger and get some kills done.

about to finish the 2nd soldier and gonna go to my 3rd guy (2nd prestige?) Seriously taking a long time due to this "sharing the XBOX with the wife thing"

She likes ACIV and Ryse while I play Peggle 2, Forza and Ghosts; anyone else run into that problem?

I think it's time to pull that 2nd XBOX One trigger soon.

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Sorry if already posted...
mikeloxlong and sage11x like this.

XBL: DallasAch
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Reason #124 why I don't own an xbox one! Lol!

Nice post, Ambrose!

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:

Nice post, Ambrose!
Do you constantly say the names of the people you are playing with online? Do you not know how to disable Kinect? Seems like this is a pretty stupid reason to not get one.
Daekwan likes this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Old 01-14-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

constantly saying a person's xbox live gamertag is hardly a reason NOT to get an XBOX one

though I did get the joke that it was pretty far down (#124) on the "not" list.

From my perspective, there are still more pros to cons in the whole buy this system game but that's for another thread

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-14-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Anybody having issues loading Ghosts on their Xbox One? I went to play it last night (trying to decide if I want to sell it or keep it) and after the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" screen graphic my screen it 100% dark with no graphics, loading icons, etc. Battlefield loads up just fine. Ideas? I'm thinking I may have to uninstall and reinstall the game.

OMG, I was going to post the same question today.

My Xbox One version of ghosts goes to the COD: Ghosts text screen, then goes to the image of the soldier in the Ghosts mask, then goes to a black screen with nothing, and just stops there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still happens.

So alas, you are not the only one good sir.

It's been a while since I have posted on the forums here, as been busy, but alas, I am starting to skulk around again, and this new issue for me is driving me nutz. I am glad I am not the only one to have this issue. So, anynone else?

Outtie

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post

My Xbox One version of ghosts goes to the COD: Ghosts text screen, then goes to the image of the soldier in the Ghosts mask, then goes to a black screen with nothing, and just stops there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still happens.

It's been a while since I have posted on the forums here, as been busy, but alas, I am starting to skulk around again, and this new issue for me is driving me nutz. I am glad I am not the only one to have this issue. So, anynone else?

Outtie

Mine does that once in awhile. I shut down the Xbox One and then I hold the power button for a few seconds to make it completely shut down and then turn it back on. It takes the one awhile to turn on but then Ghosts works just fine after that.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Do you constantly say the names of the people you are playing with online? Do you not know how to disable Kinect? Seems like this is a pretty stupid reason to not get one.

That's why it was only reason #124-- there are 123 even better reasons not to get it! biggrin.gif

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:

Outtie
I started trying this once a week. Every sunday I dust my house because I live in the southwest and everything gets covered in dust. When I am getting ready to dust, I will shut down the Xbox all the way by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. Once it's off, I will unplug it for two minutes (something that was recommended by Xbox support) and then power everything back on. It will be completely powered up by the time I am done dusting everything in my entertainment center, and I have found that I have zero issues with games or apps not loading correctly.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:

Outtie

Do any other apps such as netflix or blu ray player do the same thing and time out? If so, it will only get worse from my experience..... I have a replacement console coming this week because my XB1 would keep freezing apps, but I fear it's more of a software than hardware issue that will get ironed out in the next few updates.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I started trying this once a week. Every sunday I dust my house because I live in the southwest and everything gets covered in dust. When I am getting ready to dust, I will shut down the Xbox all the way by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. Once it's off, I will unplug it for two minutes (something that was recommended by Xbox support) and then power everything back on. It will be completely powered up by the time I am done dusting everything in my entertainment center, and I have found that I have zero issues with games or apps not loading correctly.

Not to sound pessimistic but I have a different routine: When my Xbox One won't load games that I paid $60.00 for, I power down my Xbox One, turn to my left and insert a game into my PS4. Works like a charm every time! I'm hopeful I won't have to keep doing this or my game preferences will reverse themselves (I used the 360 for exclusives and multiplatform games and the PS3 for Sony exclusives). I didn't pay $500.00 for a machine which I should have to unplug and restart all the time. I only turn on my Xbox One when I want to use it and don't have the cablebox running through it. Battlefield (another broken game) works just fine (the multiplayer anyway). I'm selling Ghosts tonight for $30.00 at Best Buy. Last night I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling the game - it took over TWO HOURS to install the game! The first time around it was nowhere near that and allowed me to play the game with a partial install (and the game would keep installing while I was playing). I'll use the trade-in credit toward Titanfall. However, this time I'm going to wait a short while to read reviews and ensure that Titanfall ACTUALLY WORKS before I buy it!
ahartig likes this.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

constantly saying a person's xbox live gamertag is hardly a reason NOT to get an XBOX one

though I did get the joke that it was pretty far down (#124) on the "not" list.

From my perspective, there are still more pros to cons in the whole buy this system game but that's for another thread

Agreed that there are more pros than cons. I will say this, however: If I don't have my headset plugged in while playing a multiplayer game, the audio of the other players plays through my surround system. So, if someone says, "Xbox record that" my Xbox thinks I said it and records it (or will follow any other command a player says). I understand why Microsoft can't get around this issue but it's annoying nonetheless. Sometimes I simply don't want to wear a headset. I'm thinking of packing up Kinect because I can't play games with it (not sufficient clearance in our room), the voice commands more often than not don't work for me, and I'm basically looking for an upgraded 360.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Nice post, Ambrose!

Dumb video, even dumber people running around doing that type of stuff.

I mute everyone in every game so I don't have to worry about idiotic, childish people doing stupid stuff like this.

Sage11, here's hoping you at least own an Xbox 360, if not then what's your purpose in the Xbox forum?

Now that's how you supposed to drive!

Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One