post #1591 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post

Dumb video, even dumber people running around doing that type of stuff.

I mute everyone in every game so I don't have to worry about idiotic, childish people doing stupid stuff like this.

Sage11, here's hoping you at least own an Xbox 360, if not then what's your purpose in the Xbox forum?

Of course he does. Go back and read his other posts.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post

Dumb video, even dumber people running around doing that type of stuff.

I mute everyone in every game so I don't have to worry about idiotic, childish people doing stupid stuff like this.

Sage11, here's hoping you at least own an Xbox 360, if not then what's your purpose in the Xbox forum?

Really? Why don't you check my post history before you start accusing people of trolling there, Broseph Stalin.

I really can't stand wanna-be forum police.

Also, if you don't enjoy idiotic, childish people doing stupid stuff then-- buddy, have you wandered into the wrong corner of the internet. smile.gif
Weaselboy likes this.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #1593 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

This isn't the thread for this but since I've received a good deal of comments regarding a rather innocent comment I made about having no desire to own an Xbox One right now let me clarify: I see little value in a game system that bundles in features I don't want for a price I don't want to pay and which has zero software I'd be interested in besides a prettied up port of a game I already own on 360. When that situation changes-- possibly with TitanFall next year or Halo4 the year after-- I might change my stance on the Xbox One. Until then, my opinion of the Xbox being an unnecessary expenditure and a poor value is just that: my opinion. Most of you on this thread have been conversing with me long enough to not sweat my opinions... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...so this is really directed at those who haven't and don't know my propensity to complain. Thanks!

--Carl Sagan
post #1594 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

This isn't the thread for this but since I've received a good deal of comments regarding a rather innocent comment I made about having no desire to own an Xbox One right now let me clarify: I see little value in a game system that bundles in features I don't want for a price I don't want to pay and which has zero software I'd be interested in besides a prettied up port of a game I already own on 360. When that situation changes-- possibly with TitanFall next year or Halo4 the year after-- I might change my stance on the Xbox One. Until then, my opinion of the Xbox being an unnecessary expenditure and a poor value is just that: my opinion. Most of you on this thread have been conversing with me long enough to not sweat my opinions... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...so this is really directed at those who haven't and don't know my propensity to complain. Thanks!

Understatement of the decade.

biggrin.gif
bd2003 and mikeloxlong like this.

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #1595 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

And BTW Sage,

I absolutely LOVE the FAD with armor piercing. LOVE IT!!

I have been playing on the dark wussy side (Core) with Chaz and a couple of other friends and that is the gun I use. Works very well.

Thanks for the heads up!

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #1596 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

biggrin.gif

That's good. I was worried the fact I've been enjoying this game and posting to that effect may have misled the public into believing I'm going soft.
The reports of my contentment have been greatly exaggerated.

Quote:

And BTW Sage,

I absolutely LOVE the FAD with armor piercing. LOVE IT!!

I have been playing on the dark wussy side (Core) with Chaz and a couple of other friends and that is the gun I use. Works very well.

Thanks for the heads up!

No worries! The FAD is my goto gun. It's devastating in middle ranges but can still be deadly at close range and at a distance. It's the perfect weapon for these mixed-range maps. Armor piercing adds that last little bit to make the difference between between an opponent escaping into cover and pushing up daisies. Also, it makes tackling groups better as you can hit the guy who's shooting you behind the guy you're shooting... yeah. What I'm trying to say is it really helps when you want to penetrate guys... no, that's not right either.

Either way I'm going to go knock on every piece of wood in my house in the hopes that IW doesn't nerf it.

--Carl Sagan
post #1597 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

I have a One, and it's a decent addition to my list of consumer electronics. For the most part, however, I think you summed up my impression of it as well. It's certainly not something anyone else hasn't said a million times on threads before, so I see no reason for anyone to react negatively to what you posted.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #1598 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

I have a One, and it's a decent addition to my list of consumer electronics. For the most part, however, I think you summed up my impression of it as well. It's certainly not something anyone else hasn't said a million times on threads before, so I see no reason for anyone to react negatively to what you posted.
This sums up why I canceled my pre-order. $500 for something that mostly does what my bd player, smart TV, and 360 already do... minus the additional NSA intrusion of course wink.gifbiggrin.gif Gaming is becoming less interesting to me as priorities change and free time is limited. I still enjoy Ghosts when the lobby is not lagfuq'd and maybe Titanfall will re-energize me but I could also see the 360 be the last console I buy for myself.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #1599 of 1801 Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

106Mb patch to push eSports features while things that actually need fixing like snipers, spawns and IEDs go untouched... Not making a good impression before your first dlc drop are you, IW?

Had some fun tonight but ran into several lobbies of some pretty annoying players-- and then I spawned into an IED. No joke, it was in the side of the ship in that snow map when I spawned in. I heard the telltale beeping and had just enough time to scream: "really??" before I was blown to smithereens. I was doing quite well at the time but decided to call it a night after that BS. On the bright side that particular incident earned me a new super-secret patch-- it's just an image of one of those extra padded donut-style seat cushions and the caption reads: "no lube".

--Carl Sagan
post #1600 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Not that this is the only reason I suck but I'm thinking my 7-year old Samsung plasma must have quite a bit of lag. Is there an easy way to measure this and find out exactly what it is? I love my plasma even though it's just 720p and 42" but there are probably better TV's for gaming. The upstairs bedroom is due for a TV so I'm looking at 40" LED sets now. I know this is not the correct thread but anyone have suggestions?
post #1601 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

Not that this is the only reason I suck but I'm thinking my 7-year old Samsung plasma must have quite a bit of lag. Is there an easy way to measure this and find out exactly what it is? I love my plasma even though it's just 720p and 42" but there are probably better TV's for gaming. The upstairs bedroom is due for a TV so I'm looking at 40" LED sets now. I know this is not the correct thread but anyone have suggestions?

Actually that may be the reason you feel like you suck. It has been confirmed that the 60" LG plasma in the living room has some lag in it but my son's 32" has very little if any lag. Anyone that plays in his room is a BEAST but if you play in the livingroom you are lucky to go positive. He runs his direct to the TV but I have my One going through my receiver and my receiver connected to the TV via a 50" HDMI cable.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #1602 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

Actually that may be the reason you feel like you suck. It has been confirmed that the 60" LG plasma in the living room has some lag in it but my son's 32" has very little if any lag. Anyone that plays in his room is a BEAST but if you play in the livingroom you are lucky to go positive. He runs his direct to the TV but I have my One going through my receiver and my receiver connected to the TV via a 50" HDMI cable.

Interesting. It has gotten to the point where the game isn't fun anymore but I continue to play for that 1 out of 10 games that I actually do half decent. I'm not even talking about the weird spawns but just the head to head encounters in which I can never seem to get the jump on anyone. I know as I get older my reaction time is probably not what it used to be but for crying out loud, what I'm seeing on the replays is not at all what I would expect.
post #1603 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.displaylag.com/

I recently replaced my wife's tv with a 27" monitor that has 10ms of display lag. The difference between her 37" LCD tv and the monitor is unbelievable. I wish I could put into words the difficulties and things I tried to make her gaming more enjoyable. but two things have helped immensly

1 Determine what the input lag is on your TV and make sure you are playing in game mode and the TV's native resolution. If your TV is 720 matively, dont have the XBOX set for 1080P and vice versa. Processing has to be done and that adds latency. Latency stacks. Every little bit.

2 Plug XBox directly to TV to eliminate the added latency from the receiver. yeah, I like what my receiver does for the convenience but it added latency.

on a 60 frame per second game that is a frame per ~17ms. So every 17ms of latency is a missed frame.

My wifes TV did not have a game mode (Cheaper Insignia) and had around a 100ms of input lag....

If your veiwing source has high input lag, you are receiving more than your share of WTF moments.

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #1604 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

Check out displaylag.com for a rundown on many popular models of television. Keep in mind they use the Bodnar device which is screen position dependent and also reports plasmas as having higher lag than they actually have. Still, for LCDs they are a good choice for data. Hdtvtest.co.uk continues to test with the tired and true clock method but you'll need to translate their UK model ranges to their comparable US skus.

The current crop of high-end sony models (The W8 and W9 series, NOT the lower 4 and 5 series) have an amazing half frame of lag, 8ms, which places them at the top of the charts along with the very best dedicated gaming monitors.

Beyond the Sony LCDs the out going panasonic plasmas are still a superb choice for low input latency with the S60 entry level model leading the charge followed by the range topping VT60 and ZT60-- BUT be sure to steer clear of the popular ST60 model as it has un-characteristically high lag for a panasonic.

I game on a dedicated gaming monitor-- BENQ 24" RL2455 is a good choice-- but sometimes like to kick back in front of my 55" VT60. The lag is barely perceptible but I can tell my monitor and old 50" S30 are both a little more responsive.

Good luck!

--Carl Sagan
post #1605 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 10:05 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

http://www.displaylag.com/

I recently replaced my wife's tv with a 27" monitor that has 10ms of display lag. The difference between her 37" LCD tv and the monitor is unbelievable. I wish I could put into words the difficulties and things I tried to make her gaming more enjoyable. but two things have helped immensly

1 Determine what the input lag is on your TV and make sure you are playing in game mode and the TV's native resolution. If your TV is 720 matively, dont have the XBOX set for 1080P and vice versa. Processing has to be done and that adds latency. Latency stacks. Every little bit.

2 Plug XBox directly to TV to eliminate the added latency from the receiver. yeah, I like what my receiver does for the convenience but it added latency.

on a 60 frame per second game that is a frame per ~17ms. So every 17ms of latency is a missed frame.

My wifes TV did not have a game mode (Cheaper Insignia) and had around a 100ms of input lag....

If your veiwing source has high input lag, you are receiving more than your share of WTF moments.

If your TV has an audio out, you can run that to the AVR and still have surround sound. That's how I did it. I've had my Xbox hooked up a few different ways to try and fix lag. Xbox directly to the TV (64" Sammy plasma) with a direct wired to the modem has worked the best for me. I also use a wired controller. Wireless adds just a little more lag, but enough to notice in a game like COD. Sometimes you just can't help what the rest of the internet does though.
post #1606 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I thought they were using dedicated servers for this?

Played on the Xbox One last night with a friend and the lag was horrendous. Multiple host migrations in multiple matches, lag, jumpiness. I thought I was playing its predecssor again.

post #1607 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I thought they were using dedicated servers for this?

Played on the Xbox One last night with a friend and the lag was horrendous. Multiple host migrations in multiple matches, lag, jumpiness. I thought I was playing its predecssor again.

Lmao! Right?

No-- IW lied about dedicated servers just like they lied about quick scoping being removed from the game just like they lied about last stand in mw3.

I still can't complain, though. My connections have been outstanding so far and the only time I feel I'm lagging out I typically back out to find a new lobby and, without fail, I get the host migration message. Host disadvantage is real.

--Carl Sagan
post #1608 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
IW said there is a combo of dedis and the same servers we have always used. I have not seen a host migration once on the Xbox One version of Ghosts.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/11/23/infinity-ward-clarifies-how-call-of-duty-ghosts-servers-work/

Lots of fans have been asking for clarification regarding Call of Duty: Ghosts MP servers, and today Infinity Ward has provided one. The servers for Ghosts are a mix of the Listen Servers and Dedicated Servers; you get put into one that provides the best online experience.

Just a reminder that we are using a hybrid system for Ghosts online play to deliver the best possible connection. So sometimes you might be on listen-servers and sometimes you might be on dedicated servers, depending on which offers the better connection. We’re making tweaks every day to improve the experience across all platforms, more updates to come. And yes, with today’s launch of Xbox One, there will be dedicated server support.

This news was announced back in October by Mark Rubin. He said in his post that Call of Duty: Ghosts will use a hybrid system of Listen Servers and Dedicated Servers to provide the best connection possible. There will be some instances where you will be on listen servers – the servers from previous Call of Duty games – or dedicated servers. It depends on connection, and varies by each game.

post #1609 of 1801 Old 01-17-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd like to see the break down in demographic data for this hybrid system. I'd be surprised if it was anymore than 10-15% dedicated vs peer.

But as I said: no complaints as the lag and hit detection have been fantastic so far.

--Carl Sagan
post #1610 of 1801 Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Liked: 27
Is anyone having issues getting into a match today? I just tried a few times around noon CST and could not get on. The COD website says that everything is functional but I cannot get into a match.
post #1611 of 1801 Old 01-18-2014, 05:37 PM

Liked: 10
I seriously doubt theres any dedicated servers going on no matter what they say. Maybe its just me but im on decent internet(15mb) and constantly get lag and get host migration on both 360 and xbox one. I hate to say it but the game plays much smoother and loads faster on the 360 over the one. Also i get less lag on 360 playing wireless than the one on ethernet. The xbox one needs some updating.
post #1612 of 1801 Old 01-18-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post

I seriously doubt theres any dedicated servers going on no matter what they say. Maybe its just me but im on decent internet(15mb) and constantly get lag and get host migration on both 360 and xbox one. I hate to say it but the game plays much smoother and loads faster on the 360 over the one. Also i get less lag on 360 playing wireless than the one on ethernet. The xbox one needs some updating.

Don't play on the weekend. The dregs come out on the weekends-- connections always suck and the players are always annoying.

--Carl Sagan
post #1613 of 1801 Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I bought and wall mounted a new 42" LED TV over the weekend. I was not able to find any lag numbers on it and I'm taking a chance on this TV anyway but it was a good deal and it's just for the bedroom so all I really intended is for it to be a streaming video display for my wife. I did not get a chance to hook the 360 up to it yet to test the lag but I'm looking forward to trying that. I'm not expecting miracles but I'm sure it's like any other placebo effect. If you want it to be better, it will.
post #1614 of 1801 Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Wow, what a difference internet speed makes...

Was paying 40 for basic basic internet. 3mb speeds until some deal came up where the same 40 got me 25mb and hob for a year long with basic cable no box.

25 vs 3 is a huge difference. Was able to stay alive longer for some juggie action

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1615 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post

Well I have both versions (360 and One) and my experience is the opposite. I have lots of lag on the 360. I rarely notice any lag on the Xbox One. For me the Xbox One improves the game a lot and I have not had one host migration (I get lots of host migrations as well as latency, rubber banding and game crashes on the 360).
post #1616 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchen View Post

Well I have both versions (360 and One) and my experience is the opposite. I have lots of lag on the 360. I rarely notice any lag on the Xbox One. For me the Xbox One improves the game a lot and I have not had one host migration (I get lots of host migrations as well as latency, rubber banding and game crashes on the 360).

I got a host migration for the first time after prob 1000ish games on PS3 last night.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1617 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

Wow, what a difference internet speed makes...

Was paying 40 for basic basic internet. 3mb speeds until some deal came up where the same 40 got me 25mb and hob for a year long with basic cable no box.

25 vs 3 is a huge difference. Was able to stay alive longer for some juggie action

Did they upgrade your modem when you changed tiers?

modem and router change made a big difference for us. The "provided" modem was awful.

XBL-Steelhouse1

post #1618 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchen View Post

Could be because there are only like 40,000 people on line on the weekends for the Xbox One version. A lot less people/connections to cause issues.

post #1619 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Could be because there are only like 40,000 people on line on the weekends for the Xbox One version. A lot less people/connections to cause issues.

I do not know if it's hardware, software or just less traffic. I was just responding to his statement that he was getting more lag and issues on the xbox one and that is not what I've seen.
post #1620 of 1801 Old 01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Why do I keep giving the marksman rifles a chance? When will I just learn that I'm better off sniping or putting a grip on the M27-IAR? Why do I torture myself with the false belief that one of these marksman rifles is going to be the first effective semi-auto since the G3 from cod4? Why does BF4 struggle with their DMR class as much as CoD does with the identical marksman class? Why are kittens so cute? Is it so we don't eat them?

--Carl Sagan
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page