Call of Duty: Ghosts - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
so any impressions on the 1st Map Pack for Ghosts? Anyone?

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
So far I like them after playing for a while last night. Would have played longer but was by myself. played on the 360.

by the way

I bought the 360/0ne DD version so I wouldn't have to upgrade. do I then have to buy the map packs for both consoles? Not playing both at the same time. I am hoping not.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I doubt you would have to pay twice though you never know. Maybe if you bought the season pass DD, you can move between versions without any issues? Otherwise, you might have to purchase both versions. Of course, this is purely speculation.

which did you buy? The pass or the pack?

if you bought the pack, is it worth $15?

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-29-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Hahahahhahahha! Sniping is SO ****ing easy in this game it's dumb...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
So my son has Xbox Live and I have Xbox Live. He bought the season Pass for COD Ghosts. I swore I saw COD update on Tuesday morning after I finished some Killer Instinct since their was a notification for COD Ghosts in the notification area. Neither of us show that maps when we launch the game. I have did a hard reboot of the machine and still no go. Not sure why this is not showing right since the first map pack had no problems.. Any thoughts? I really do not want...

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 01-30-2014, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

So my son has Xbox Live and I have Xbox Live. He bought the season Pass for COD Ghosts. I swore I saw COD update on Tuesday morning after I finished some Killer Instinct since their was a notification for COD Ghosts in the notification area. Neither of us show that maps when we launch the game. I have did a hard reboot of the machine and still no go. Not sure why this is not showing right since the first map pack had no problems.. Any thoughts? I really do not want...

There was a title update for everyone on the 28th (see notes earlier in this thread).

If you have the season pass, you will still need to go download the map pack. Your season pass should be recognized and the pack should be free. Just go to the store within Ghosts' MP menu.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Old 01-30-2014, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

Just picked up the Season Pass at Gamestop.
Normally, I would just cherry pick the DLCs but I wanted to cross buy with the 360 and I think buying the 360 version of the Season Pass is the only way to do that.
I'll see how that works when I get home from work.
Just a warning
I used my Game stop gift card to buy a digital version of the season pass.
Its really not the season pass, but it adds $50 to you Microsoft Xbox Live account

So I went to purchase the season pass and it said I did not have enough funds in my account to make the purchase. The reason is they now make us pay for tax. So the season pass is $49.99 plus tax, and your season pass from gamestop will not be enough.
My quick solution was to buy a $5 digital Xbox gift card from NewEgg, ended up the tax was $3.51, so the gift card covered the cost.

It was trying to make me use another payment method to make the purchase, pretty much use my credit card, and leave $50 in my account to not be used.

Very annoying, just glad newegg sells any amount for gift cards

Xbox name- D0NGINAT0R (those are zero's in my name)
Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

There was a title update for everyone on the 28th (see notes earlier in this thread).

If you have the season pass, you will still need to go download the map pack. Your season pass should be recognized and the pack should be free. Just go to the store within Ghosts' MP menu.
I thought I had auto updates enabled. Dead Rising 3 downloaded over the weekend when I was not home and that had no problems when I came back and put in the disc. It finished the install (a minute or two) and everything was good to go. I was under the impressing I would not need to do anything for DLC and that all that would be auto downloaded from the Setting menu under the Xbox One.

I get what you are saying about go to the store in the Ghosts MP menu. I did that and saw the Assault Map pack, but it was listed for $14.99. I get the feeling if I select it that it will charge me that price and then download it. That happened to me on RYSE when I had the season pass, saw the stand alone map pack on the Store Front and bought it again. Luckily that one was only $4 or something like that. I'm stuck at work, but I'll double check the MP store front when I get home and see if I need to do anything again to get it to download.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 01-30-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

So far I like them after playing for a while last night. Would have played longer but was by myself. played on the 360.

by the way

I bought the 360/0ne DD version so I wouldn't have to upgrade. do I then have to buy the map packs for both consoles? Not playing both at the same time. I am hoping not.

I also own the dual 360/One digital version.

Sorry to say, the DLC will not carry over to the One.

I wouldn't have bought the Season Pass except for this reason. $10 isn't enough of a savings, I would rather space it out over the 4 DLCs, plus I already have the Skyfall map.

Everything I read stated that only the Season Pass is cross buy and you have to buy it on the 360 first, its a one way street.

I had a tough enough time getting it to work. It said I bought it, downloaded a small update but I never saw the maps.
On the One, I finally went to the store and hovered over Onslaught, and it told me I owned it and can install if I want.
I expected it to install automatically.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3mes1 View Post

Just a warning
I used my Game stop gift card to buy a digital version of the season pass.
Its really not the season pass, but it adds $50 to you Microsoft Xbox Live account

So I went to purchase the season pass and it said I did not have enough funds in my account to make the purchase. The reason is they now make us pay for tax. So the season pass is $49.99 plus tax, and your season pass from gamestop will not be enough.
My quick solution was to buy a $5 digital Xbox gift card from NewEgg, ended up the tax was $3.51, so the gift card covered the cost.

It was trying to make me use another payment method to make the purchase, pretty much use my credit card, and leave $50 in my account to not be used.

Very annoying, just glad newegg sells any amount for gift cards

I didn't have that issue.
Maybe because I used a trade in card with money on it?
I paid exactly $50 at Gamestop for the Xbox 360 version.
Turns out it didn't matter since it spit out a code that just put $50 fun bucks in my Live account.
Then on the 360, I selected the Season Pass and it was exactly $49.99.
No tax.
In fact. I saved a whole penny.

BTW, the maps are awesome, well worth the $15. I'm a novice player that just runs and guns so I can't give you the strategy part of it.

Bayview - lots of cool areas to hide. They have gift shops with metal detectors that buzz when you walk through, nice for covering the other door! Also the trolley that slowly circles the map if you want to play a little duck hunt.

Fog - I was pretty impressed. Played it about 4 times, only saw Myers twice and I even killed him once (to be fair, a dog was attacking him so I mopped up). He vanishes in a cloud when he dies, very cool.
Lots of nice touches for fans of horror movies.

Ignition - Very cool map, with some cool interactivity like turning on jet engines.

Not sure the name of the last one but it is a pretty generic "war torned city" map. Didn't play it much.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks for the insight.

quick question, is that Maverick gun a gun that everyone get? I don't have the map pack but it seems that every damn match, I get killed the most by the maverick. Which looks like it's smooth and has good power.

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

thanks for the insight.

quick question, is that Maverick gun a gun that everyone get? I don't have the map pack but it seems that every damn match, I get killed the most by the maverick. Which looks like it's smooth and has good power.

Maverick comes with Onslaught, and yes most are using it, and yes it is pretty awesome at least on the new maps.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mr. Zeus,

The map pack is worth it.

The map Ignition is a remake of the MW2 Scrapyard. They did add some underground passages but all else is the same. It made it more fun once I realized it.

Like stated, the fog map is a lot of fun. Guys wearing the gilly/guilly (how is that spelled???) suits are very hard to see for me at least. I heard from some other guys there are alien egg sacks like from the movie aliens that if you find them all (4 maybe) there is a challenge or something. Don't quote me. Listened to the chatter last night. I never saw them...

Baytown is a small map. Fun on Dom, KC and TDM. I got raped prison style on the SnR mode and still recovering. I will blameit on connection. wink.gif

The other map whose name also illudes me has a bridge with a nuke carrying rig on it. Had a lot of fun playing TDM and KC in both core and HC. Did not play any other mode.

The Maverick rifle is pretty nice in Assault rifle mode. I would compare it preliminarily to the Peacekeeper. But don't hold me to it.
Slower fire rate, very light recoil especially with a silencer. decent take down power. I used it in both core and Hardcore modes.

The sniper rifle version of the same gun has a unique scope that comes on it standard. I heard from guys who use it, it pulls up very slow.

XBL-Steelhouse1

Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also own the dual 360/One digital version.

Sorry to say, the DLC will not carry over to the One.

I wouldn't have bought the Season Pass except for this reason. $10 isn't enough of a savings, I would rather space it out over the 4 DLCs, plus I already have the Skyfall map.

Everything I read stated that only the Season Pass is cross buy and you have to buy it on the 360 first, its a one way street.

I had a tough enough time getting it to work. It said I bought it, downloaded a small update but I never saw the maps.
On the One, I finally went to the store and hovered over Onslaught, and it told me I owned it and can install if I want.
I expected it to install automatically.

well it figures. But I was not giving Activision a guaranteed 50 bucks this time. Especially if Titanfall is as good as I hope.

And Thanks for the insight!!
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

XBL-Steelhouse1

AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maverick comes with Onslaught, and yes most are using it, and yes it is pretty awesome at least on the new maps.

but I don't have the map pack, how the eff am I getting killed with it? #strangeCOD

I Geez Zeus Me

AVS Special Member

Ok, apparently I was expecting to much on DLC and the auto update of games. When I got home this morning the Main screen had the Onslaught advertisement so I clicked on it. It showed the option to install, so I did that. Not sure why I was thinking the DLC would auto install with the season pass, but you would think if the game is installed and you bought a Season Pass then you probably want it installed and auto install would work just fine!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

but I don't have the map pack, how the eff am I getting killed with it? #strangeCOD

My guess is that everyone gets the dlc weapons, you just can't add it to your inventory unless you buy the DLC.
But if someone has it and is killed, I'm sure you can pick it up and use it.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My guess is that everyone gets the dlc weapons, you just can't add it to your inventory unless you buy the DLC.
But if someone has it and is killed, I'm sure you can pick it up and use it.

ahh, that makes more sense I suppose

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Liked: 17
My DLC carried over from the XBONE to the 360. Are you sure you are using the same account?

I will agree that it was confusing on where/how to download the map pack and then whether or not you had it "installed". I had to back out of Ghosts on the XBONE to get the maps to show and DL Freefall, which I guess I hadn't done yet.

[EDIT] After reading below, I see that 360--> XBONE= WILL transfer. I bought the Hardened Ed for 360, so it looks like all DLC should transfer. I happened to DL the DLC first on my XBONE, but the underlying fact that I had my season pass "transferred" when I got the XBONE makes it work both ways.

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
http://www.oneofswords.com/community/1os/blog/2014/01/29/how-your-call-of-duty-ghosts-dlc-upgrade-works-or-doesnt#.UuqAYrSGdae

Call of Duty has posted a new blog entry that covers not only some of the highlights of the latest patch notes, but also digs into some detail regarding how DLC and Season Pass content works this year. This information was already announced last year, but now that we're at the point of purchase for a lot of people, it's important to restate, and I'm glad they did. Quoting directly:

If you are a Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder, then your Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However, if you are not a Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder and purchase the Onslaught DLC Pack individually, it will not carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Currently, Microsoft only supports DLC transfer between Xbox 360 and Xbox One if you are a Season Pass holder. The Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4 whether you purchase it individually or get it as part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.

So, just to be super clear, because I do not want people regretting their choices:

Season Pass on Xbox 360 WILL carry forward to Xbox One, if you get it on your Xbox 360 before the end of May.
Season Pass on PS3 WILL carry forward to PS4, if you get it on your PS3 before the end of May.
Season Pass on Xbox One WILL NOT carry back to Xbox 360. The offer is only valid for people moving from the previous system to the latest system.
Season Pass on PS4 WILL NOT carry back to PS3. (If Sony chooses to handle this differently, I won't know until DLC is released for its platforms, but it is safest to expect the same one-way upgrade offer.)
Individually purchased DLC packs WILL NOT transfer between systems. If you buy Onslaught on Xbox 360 "a la carte," you do not also own it on Xbox One, or vice versa.
Season Pass WILL NOT upgrade across/between platforms by different manufacturers (i.e. Xbox 360 to PS4).

I want your Ghosts DLC experience to be happy and regret-free, so that's why I added bold type and festive colors. Now that you have the knowledge, please spread it around and prevent your friends from making expensive mistakes!

Old 01-30-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

soooooooo....I still have one of my 360s and Ghost is DLed which means I should pony up the season pass of $50 in order to be able to play it as well on the One.

why? Because on days that the wife wants to play on the family rm TV, I am relegated to the basement on the 360 and the projector, and nicer sound system. It's my backup.

this setup is probably going to be like this until the PS4 has a must have game. Then the old setup comes back. PS4 in the family room and XBOX in the mancave

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I love the way they try to blame MS and Sony.
If they wanted to make all DLC go both ways, I'm sure they could.

Isn't ACIV's Season Pass cross buy either way?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Chalupatron is looking for a few good men to carry us in clan wars. Too many losers have gone to BF4 *cough buc cough*. You don't necessarily have to play with us, but more people on the roster makes for more wins across the board. Would definitley love some HC peeps. Shoot me up in game (or conman) if you're interested. Would love to get some of the platinum gear.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

Old 01-31-2014, 11:42 AM

Liked: 11
Sorry didn't realize my profile doesnt show when using tapatalk. My gamertag is Mystaphyer and his is I 4M CONM4N (not sure if that's a zero in his name)

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

anyone else sick of getting constantly killed by the stupid Maverick? I mean seriously, I don't think I get killed as much anymore by any other gun than the dumb Maverick

finally got dumb maniac (x10) again, first time since the map pack dropped. I'd like to blame the Maverick

still on the off days that I like to play with assault KSs, doggie, sentry and juggie are my favorites.

I Geez Zeus Me

Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Chalupatron is looking for a few good men to carry us in clan wars. Too many losers have gone to BF4 *cough buc cough*. You don't necessarily have to play with us, but more people on the roster makes for more wins across the board. Would definitley love some HC peeps. Shoot me up in game (or conman) if you're interested. Would love to get some of the platinum gear.

I didn't go BF4 necessarily I just wont' continue to play on a POS system that wont allow me to properly use my headset I spent a lot of money on tongue.gif If you guys get a PS4 look me up or just wait until MS decides to move into the beta phase of Xbone

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:

I've retired from this generation of CoD. I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. And since when do you play HC?
HuskerOmaha likes this.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

I've retired from this generation of CoD. I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. And since when do you play HC?

He doesn't play HC, that's the point. Noob. We need people to play HC and capture those points.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

He doesn't play HC, that's the point. Noob. We need people to play HC and capture those points.

"We" do huh?
HuskerOmaha likes this.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Getting more members is not really going to help you guys out. It will just put you up against higher member teams that will be more active. You need to lean out the team since going to Gold and Platinum you can only win being very active with most/all of your members. After being removed from chalupatron wink.gif I created my own little clan with two other friends and we have won five clan wars (platinum) not because we are great or anything but because we are all fairly active during the war. KD and win/loss are always trumped by clan activity. I play with a .63 kd rushing maniac but great objective player and a solid 1kd player. From what I've seen you need 2/3 to all of your members playing during the clan war to have a shot at winning.

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts Xbox One